[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 218 KB, 2000x1500, 1293223544918..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6698420 No.6698420 [Reply] [Original]

Pasta from /a/ since the original requester came from here:

Was supposed to get rid of the trip once this was over, but you'll have to indulge in my attention whoring just a bit longer.

For the bros that wanted to do the video for this, here's the archive with the individual images. Would've made it last night but I fell asleep like a fucking brick, and woke up to a dead internet.

In any case, here you go, and good luck bros.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HIW1G9P0
Pass: it can't be helped

┐(  ̄3 ̄)┌

>> No.6698423

Stop using fucking emoticons on /jp/, retard.

>> No.6698434
File: 94 KB, 419x450, iz9tfc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6698423

>> No.6698447

So where's the complete collage picture?

>> No.6698449

>>6698423
I don't understand. Can you explain why emoticons are bad?

>> No.6698446

>>6698420
thank you op.
see you next year!

>> No.6698451

>>6698449
Because he's autistic and grumpy

>> No.6698452

Thanks for the hard work. I hope you had a nice rest, op.

>> No.6698457

>>6698449
Emoticons aren't bad, but they will only attract the worst kinds of people to /jp/.

>> No.6698470

>>6698449
Emoticons are used to replace part of the conversation with something simplicit, however, conversations tend to be more informational without them, not to mention Emoticons being one of the first internet psuedo-meme to be taken by normalfags, along with "wtf" "omg" and "rofl"

>> No.6698482

>>6698470
2ch-style emotes are still somewhat safe.

>> No.6698511
File: 2.67 MB, 2424x5000, Ronery 2010 template final small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6698446
Sure bro.

>>6698452
That I did... didn't even take my dog out on his walk last night, poor guy, and had to do it the moment I got up.

>>6698447
Here you go bro:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UP6R1N0X

Picture related is the board friendly version, and mu has the full version in jpg.

>> No.6698513

>>6698511

I derped.

>> No.6698523

>>6698511
>plenty of joke characters or improptu set-ups made just to take a funny picture and get it over with
>ronery

>> No.6698532

>>6698523
>joke character
>your waifu doesn't fit the rules

You're a fucking idiot.

>> No.6698560

>>6698523
Look again. There's actually too little properly done jokes and too many people just making a photo of their favourite characters' memorabilia without any attempt at good composition.

>> No.6698563

>>6698511
look at all that zero effort camera phone bullshit

waifu culture is truly dead

>> No.6698568

Even if I were to assume that most of these pictures were serious, I kinda miss it back when we had less of them. Felt much more intimate that way. Hell, this year I've barely enjoyed spending my Christmas with /jp/ at all. It's like I don't know you guys anymore.

>> No.6698575

>>6698568
I know, right? I partecipated the first time we did this spontaneously, not because of "custom", and it wasn't really ever the same after that.
But the thing is, why even bother trying to do anything when there's people who have literally nothing better to do than post disney tigers in every thread to bother people?
Nowadays I rarely bother to reply to anything.

>> No.6698580

>>6698575
>But the thing is, why even bother trying to do anything when there's people who have literally nothing better to do than post disney tigers in every thread to bother people?
Exactly. When I came to /jp/ on Christmas eve and saw this, I just said to myself "fuck this, even I have better things to do than browsing /jp/ when it's like this".

>> No.6698596

>>6698563
Sorry if that's all we could do.
We don't have the same resources as the rest but we still wanted to make a declaration of sorts.

>> No.6698629

>>6698596
>but we still wanted to make a declaration of sorts.
This is what I feel is wrong about all of this. Like another anon said, this was just something spontaneous before. Now it's like these pictures are made, not as a declaration to their waifu, but as one to /jp/, participating so they can justify their place in this "subculture".
It's like some sort of bizzaro-normalfaggotry, and it's kind of distressing to be honest.

>> No.6698650

It's not as much the phone cameras as it's a mentality thing.
I don't expect you to understand, and be free to call me "no fun allowed" guy or whatever, I may very well be.
But this started as something made by people who didn't really have anything or anyone else on a special day like Christmas, for similar people.
And now we have people putting Mugen and Taiko on screens, giving peppers or just a lighter to a picture on the screen they didn't even bother making fullscreen, just having a drink with 4+ characters, all this probably done in five minutes before or after the family meal or whatever special occasion.
It all feels cheaper.
How would you react to a middle-lower class guy going to a homeless refuge to eat the only cake they have together with them?

>> No.6698673

>>6698511
>>>/hr/1210845
I made a /hr/friendly version of your picture, if anybody wants.

>> No.6698674

Did you included all the images posted? I'm not finding mine.
Anyway, great job. Thank you.

>> No.6698683

>>6698650
>And now we have people putting Mugen and Taiko on screens, giving peppers or just a lighter to a picture on the screen they didn't even bother making fullscreen, just having a drink with 4+ characters, all this probably done in five minutes before or after the family meal or whatever special occasion.
So exactly the same as it always was, then.

>> No.6698685

>>6698650
>>6698629

I understand where you guys are coming from. I felt the same thing when someone sent me a photo with a Baneling from Starcraft 2 on the screen.

Felt awful. I wanted to hit him.

I just wanted to say that some of the low quality ones probably just didn't have that much on hand.

>> No.6698707

>>6698683
Just because you pretend to be a friendless NEET and take ronery as a funny synonym for ennuie doesn't mean everyone else does as well, just saying.
Not denying that joke entries weren't there even the first time, but now it's on a whole new level.

>> No.6698717

>>6698650
>>6698629

I understand what you mean and why you're upset, but you're still being pretty ridiculous. This event was never particularly serious, and fuck, don't try telling me it was ever done to boost /jp/'s prestige or something. It was just a little thing done for us to feel better on Christmas, and it was obvious that with the site's current popularity along with /a/'s involvement, this year's picture would be the giant clusterfuck it is. Actually being sad over this is beyond redundant. If you have a waifu and are serious about your way of living, be happy. If not, that's fine too. I'm actually glad to see more people participating, even if they aren't completely devoted to their pictures just because that means they respect a part of the board's ways and tradition. It's better than spamming shit constantly.

>> No.6698760

>>6698650
> How would you react to a middle-lower class guy going to a homeless refuge to eat the only cake they have together with them?
A bit of perspective would be nice every now and then. Now it just sounds like sour grapes really.

>>6698629
Meh, normalfags. I am what most of you would call a normalfag. I go to work every day because I'd lose the roof over my head if I didn't (and more importantly, I'd no longer have internet access). I don't own any figurines, dolls or whatever, and couldn't care any less. And just occasionally, I go out with the 3 or 4 friends I have left who married, built a house, got kids and are already making plans for their retirement.

You know what? I love VNs, the assorted little doujin games that people here play, the little injokes about various characters and even the goddamned Type Moon powerlevel threads that get posted for the umpteenth time. I couldn't care less about dolls, idols, or kurigumi, but to each his own.

/jp/ in general is a lot more bitter these days than it was when it was created. Add to that the shitposting and the elitist attitude some people have grown and you've got a nice mix why I only bother checking the VN threads anymore.

>> No.6698776
File: 241 KB, 1024x768, 1293313472958.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mfw this whole shitstorm.

Welp, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. And I only used a fraction of the joke images used on Valentine's. Though I guess the shitstorm after that one was way more intense than this...

And as much as I don't want to take part of it, it can't be helped after:
>participating so they can justify their place in this "subculture"

I completely agree quite a few of those were made just so they could take part in it. But just as you said it yourself you idiot, the first one was spontaneous. That's why there were so little entries. So when Anon realized he could spend his Christmas like this instead of being forever alone every time, especially if he already had a waifu, of course he'd want to take part in it as well. Jesus fuck, did you think /jp/ was made out of just 10-20 people? Or did you just want to enjoy your secret club to yourself while other Anons kept staying ronery by themselves?

Now shut the fuck up, dawww and be nicer for a fucking change you faggot. Damn it can't use a reaction for the mfw at the beginning any more because of this.

Also >>6698674
Might be bro, it was all very hectic during those two days, so I must have missed a few. Even if I didn't like something I still used to save it in a separate folder.

>> No.6698795

>>6698776
Fuck you. You're an enabler for a worthless subculture.

>> No.6698808

This is what happens when you think /jp/ is like your home, /a/.

>> No.6698813

y u mad tho?

>> No.6698830

Geez, some people can be so uptight these days. Are you guys implying that 2ch isn't doing this for kicks too? That every picture has to shout out 'I'm so ronery.'? Yes, I would agree that most the pictures aren't really THAT special that if compared to 2ch's, it's all shit in comparison and if I was to reduce it to the 'serious-looking' ones, it'd be cut down to one-tenth. To be honest, the only noteworthy one was the 3D Minorin one as that is 2ch-level dedication. Does that mean posting the picture of your waifu isn't a cathartic method and at the same time, poking fun at the seemingly grave situation most people here in /jp/ are in?

Also, what's the deal with camera phones? You do realize that even 2ch uses camera phone to take their ronery pictures. Not everyone owns a DSLR.

>>6698795
Why the hell are you here then? This subculture has been worthless to begin with.

>> No.6698832

>>6698776
Shitstorm? All I've seen is people discussing things in a civilized manner until you barged in with "mfw" and calling people idiots and faggots because they disagreed with your pet project, which wasn't even yours to begin with.

>> No.6698835

>>6698813
dunno lol, OP.

>> No.6698855

>>6698707
And just because you take LOL FLOOR-SHITTING TRUE NEET dead-seriously doesn't mean everyone else did, even in "old /jp/". The normals have always been among us.

I'm not defending the OP, I'm just saying the RONERY~ monitor images were never good.

>> No.6699058

ITT we take seriously internet

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action