[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 392 KB, 1600x1800, 1273992307857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7196465 No.7196465 [Reply] [Original]

http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/blog/?p=884#comments

This was fucking hilarious. Ixrec is so mad that people are disagreeing with him, even when they clearly know better than he does.

Ixrec hate thread.

>> No.7196469

It doesn't make sense to hate on someone who translates things for us without requesting coffee machines in return.

>> No.7196476

As I have no knowledge of the subjects being discussed I can't say who is right or wrong but I do think that philosophyfags are incredibly obnoxious.

>> No.7196477

>>7196469

'sup Ixrec.

Sure it does, he's being a colossal faggot. Anyone who acts like that deserves to be shit on.

>> No.7196478

>>7196476

Ixrec has taken a couple of philosophy courses, so he thinks he knows better than anyone else.

People who take more than a passing interest in the subject KNOW they don't know better than anyone else.

>> No.7196480

Deleting posts is pretty faggy but who cares

>> No.7196481

>In the interests of full disclosure, I have deleted [8] comment(s) under this post and temporarily disabled commenting.
Cant take the heat eh? I thought he was tougher than this considering how big of troll heis.

>> No.7196482

>>7196480

I care because he rated it worse than F/SN.

I even like F/SN and I know it's not very good.

>> No.7196488

>>7196482
It's more like his reasoning is the problem.

>> No.7196490

>>7196478
>philosophy courses

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mom's taken philosophy 101. You shouldn't try to one-up people on unverifiable credentials. If you know what you were talking about, you wouldn't resort to bringing that shit up in the first place.

>> No.7196491

If the golden goose is still shitting out golden eggs, who cares if its being a tremendous faggot.

Honestly stop getting involved in translations if you're not a translator and you won't give a fuck who ixrec is outside of "Hey thats the guy who translates stuff and a few games I wanna play are on his list".

Now if you're working with him yeah bitch all you want but otherwise why give a fuck?

>> No.7196492

>>7196482
Takajun gave it a 3/10 or something, he also gave S;G a 6/10 and Muramasa a 8/10
Some people just have "special" taste, just accept that

Leave Ixrec to his WAB

>> No.7196498

Ixrec tries his best for the community and has made many contributions to it as weel. Just because he doesn't think your 10/10 masterpiece is worth more than a 8.5 that doesn't make him a fag.

>>7196482
He rated that one before he read a lot more. It is still a matter of opinions.
I feel that Symphonic Rain is better than Sharin, G-sen, and Cross Channel combined. Am I faggot now?

>> No.7196500

>>7196488
>>7196492

What I don't get is why he slammed it so much for being repetitive when he loved Inganock, which is probably the most repetitive game ever.

I think he was trying to find reasons to hate the game or something.

>>7196491
>If the golden goose is still shitting out golden eggs, who cares if its being a tremendous faggot.

People hated Ixrec a LOT less before the MLA debacle, and now he's apparently working on something but refuses to talk about it.

He ain't shitting out much recently.

>> No.7196501

>>7196498
>Ixrec tries his best for the community

'Sorry guys, I'm going to sell this highly anticipated VN translation to a company with no intentions of releasing it, after I translate the shitty games that lead up to it'.

>I feel that Symphonic Rain is better than Sharin, G-sen, and Cross Channel combined. Am I faggot now?

No, because Symphonic Rain IS better than all those games.

>> No.7196502

>>7196492
Takajun doesnt give off the air of "I am better than all of you and my taste is superior" in any of his review unlike Ixrec.
He is also a well known moege thrash lover. Wanko anyone.

>> No.7196503

>>7196500
>I think he was trying to find reasons to hate the game or something.

That would be my guess. Also, it didn't live up to his stupid expectations of the 10+ philosophy texts he read being referenced extensively so maybe he's just buttmad he wasted his time.

>and now he's apparently working on something but refuses to talk about it.

He's just working on Sharnoth and then Forest, don't let the trolls fool you.

>> No.7196508

DEEP fags sure got told.
And I hate Ixrec.
Just read it with ATLAS, game got 100% rating from everyone who read it this way.

>> No.7196510

>>7196502

This. TakaJun is a mediocre translator with bad taste, but he's not a faggot about it, and that's why people love him.

>>7196503
>Also, it didn't live up to his stupid expectations of the 10+ philosophy texts he read being referenced extensively so maybe he's just buttmad he wasted his time.

I think this is it. He wanted to feel like a Unique Snowflake for being the only one to 'truly understand' Subahibi. This is why you don't let attention whores become translators.

>> No.7196512

>>7196500
Inganock's repetitiveness lends itself well to its style and really pushes the feeling of life in the city well. The fight scenes just stressed the theme well.
I haven't read subahibi but I heard that the extra text is mostly nonsense that doesn't aid the story.

>>7196501
I still think the MLA thing was a joke, there is no way he though that was a good idea.

>> No.7196516

>>7196510
>This is why you don't let attention whores become translators.
Then who becomes translators? It is a necessary evil I say, even if the MLA thing almost killed all my love in the world.

>>7196503
>He's just working on Sharnoth and then Forest, don't let the trolls fool you.
>Sharnoth
I thought even he didn't like it as much as the other WAB?

>> No.7196517

>>7196500
>He ain't shitting out much recently.

He finished translating the entirety of MuvLuv in a year. I'm not complaining. I honestly don't care how much of a faggot Ixrec is if the final product gets in my hands and I can read it at a level above working with AGTH.

>> No.7196518 [SPOILER] 
File: 228 KB, 800x600, 0047.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7196512
>Inganock's repetitiveness lends itself well to its style and really pushes the feeling of life in the city well. The fight scenes just stressed the theme well.

Do... do you actually believe this? Oh my god.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Inganock (pic related), but even I can't defend its constant repetition. Every single fight scene reuses the EXACT SAME TEXT and is resolved in the EXACT SAME WAY every fucking time. There is no way to justify bullshit like that.

>I still think the MLA thing was a joke, there is no way he though that was a good idea.

His comments on irc and Twitter would reveal that it was in no way a joke. He really was that stupid.

>> No.7196521

>>7196516
>Then who becomes translators?

People who, I don't know, selflessly want to do something for the community? People who want to share visual novels they enjoyed?

People like this DO exist. Not every translator has to be a victim of child neglect, that's complete bullshit.

>> No.7196524

>>7196516
pretty sure he does sharnoth because all the people want it because heterochromia mary is so moeee, also one of his editors is british and it taking place in english so theyd want to translate it to british english. I think those were his reasons doing it.

>> No.7196525

>>7196512
Subahibi is partly a denpa game so the nonsense is actually important.
And honestly I don't any really repetitive content, sure some events are repeated several times but you see them from different POVs which is pretty interesting.
This i my own invention definitely had some scenes that lasted longer that they should have in the first half but they really empathized how out of his mind Takuji was so they did their job.

>> No.7196526

>>7196524
>heterochromia mary is so moeee

You forgot how she's a lolified version of one of the greatest mystery authors of all time.

>> No.7196530

>>7196516
He's doing Sharnoth because his e-girlfri--I mean, editor is from England but is leaving soon so she won't be able to edit it in British English after she leaves or something...

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

>> No.7196531

Sharnoth is pure trash, though Valcia is even worse.

>> No.7196532

>>7196525
>sure some events are repeated several times but you see them from different POVs which is pretty interesting.

This. I can't believe he fucking ctrl'd through them, what the fuck. What a fucking faggot.

And he didn't rag on Cross+Channel for, oh, the entirety of Kiri's mini-route? God fucking damn it.

>> No.7196533

>>7196526
yeah I know I was just too lazy to write it all up and everyone knows that anyway. but my point is people mostly only want sharnoth for that one gimmick.

>> No.7196535

>>7196518
It wasn't an action VN, Inganock is about the setting and it is about characters and how they fit into the setting.

>>7196517
I try to ignore it for the most part but ever since poll faggotry /jp/ has not been able to keep him and his antics off the board.

>> No.7196537

Can someone fill me in on this MLA incident? I've been too busy studying moonrunes lately to follow translation drama.

>> No.7196541

>>7196537

When he was about half way done with MLA he decided to e-mail age pretty much on his own and ask them if they'd like to go official with the whole thing.

>> No.7196542

>>7196537
He tried to give the translation to age. Reasoning being that they were unable to fully hack the game and wanted to translate the images too.

He didn't even try to sell it but it was still a dick move considering he had already released one partial patch.

>> No.7196543

>>7196535
>Inganock is about the setting and it is about characters and how they fit into the setting.

Yes, yes, I'm aware of that and that's why I loved it. That doesn't excuse the fucking horrible fight scenes. Why have fight scenes every chapter if you're only going to write one?

>>7196537

Ixrec halted the much-awaited translation of MLA so that he could give it to age (for free) so they could somehow produce an official release. Instead of getting it now, we would have gotten it never, since age wasn't interested in the least.

Also, while we're explaining, can someone do so for the so-called 'poll faggotry'? I wasn't on /jp/ back then.

>> No.7196544

>>7196530
That doesn't seem like that valid of a reason if he will be doing the bulk of the work and he didn't even rate Sharnoth that high...
I think he has lost it honestly.

>>7196533
There is almost always moe moe characters in VNs, I can;t believe people of that opinon has any pull whatsoever.

>> No.7196545

>>7196544
>I think he has lost it honestly.

You think?

Also, Mary really is just THAT moe.

>> No.7196546

>>7196543

He made a poll in regards to what he should translate next. Then there was a bunch of retarded drama.

>>7196544

Yes, lots of people think it's really fucking stupid, especially since he rated Sona-nyl higher and it's much more liked.

>> No.7196547
File: 114 KB, 398x399, whatthefuckamireading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7196543
>(for free)

>> No.7196550

>>7196546

Wasn't there something about him completely ignoring the poll result, too?

>>7196547

Yeah, I know. At least the Moofia had the decency to demand money for their work.

>> No.7196551

>>7196542
I was only loosely following this and didn't know about the part about not being able to hack and translate the images. Was that not an honest reason, and that's why people were upset?
Or was he literally just giving up and GIVING it to them and not actually going to work WITH them?

>> No.7196555

>>7196543
Ixrec held a highly publicized poll for what visual novel he would translate next. gg (the fansub group) caught wind of it and completely fucked it up by getting to people to vote for RuiTomo. In the end, after all of that publicity and drama, Ixrec deemed the poll inaccurate and said he would read all of the VNs on the poll and decide which one to translate on his own.

I think the top two without gg's faggotry would have been MuvLuv and Baldr Sky. Not 100% sure though.

>> No.7196557

>>7196546
oh and dont forget that the poll faggotry also created the wonderfull terms disney and real deal.

>> No.7196560

is there anything to be gained from bashing a person who contributes? anything at all? what, your peace of mind that somebody saying something wrong has been righted spitefully even though anyone with intelligence should be able to figure out who's right on their own anyways?

granted the guy is not really doing anything for you if you can read japanese, but i still don't see any need to try to make him look like an idiot, or go to other places to make fun of him, for that matter.

civility is always the best option. if people were civil then more [amateur] things would get done, because people wouldn't be so worried about what will happen if they stick their neck out. perhaps ixrec has done some bad stuff, but he does still seem capable and willing to at least produce, and in the first place being malicious is absolutely pointless unless you simply enjoy it, so simply ignore him or state that you disagree if you don't like what he says or does that badly.

>> No.7196563

If everyone here read SubaHibi and liked it so much, why do you want it translated?

>> No.7196566

>>7196543
>so-called 'poll faggotry'?
Ixrec made a poll in late 2009 about the next VN he was gonna translate. It was between all sorts of translations the community wanted including Inganock, Muv-Luv, France Shoujo, BALDR SKY, eden* etc.
Proxy votes, fansub drama, Real Deal/disney faggotry later we get Ixrec disregarding his own poll and everyone got mad.

>> No.7196568

>>7196551

The latter. He just handed them the project and asked if they wanted to release it officially.

This, AFTER a year full of C&D's and Please Support JAST's Official Localizations.

>>7196555
>Ixrec deemed the poll inaccurate and said he would read all of the VNs on the poll and decide which one to translate on his own.

And then he translated Inganock, right? What a troll.

Also I hear RuiTomo is a pretty good game. What's wrong with it?

>> No.7196571

>>7196550

Yeah, that too. Also, the TLWiki people didn't get paid that much for Demonbane.

>> No.7196572

>>7196563

Most people only know very basic Japanese and read it with ATLAS, which is basically like not reading it at all.

Other people here, like myself, haven't read it but want to. Preferably free of Ixrec's faggotry.

>> No.7196573

>>7196546
Don't even let him put his filthy hands on Sona Nyl.
Raping two WABs is more than enough, not to mention he can't crack the engine for the voice/text gimmick

>> No.7196574

>>7196573

I'm sure he will and the engine is already hacked (for Forest if that's what you meant.)

>> No.7196575

>>7196555
Not to mention all the /a/ and /m/ posters that influenced the poll.

>>7196557
I still don't what those terms actually mean beyond my opinion>your opinion

>>7196545
As long as she isn't a slut I can read it easy

>> No.7196577

>>7196543
About the polls: From what I remember, the drama came from people getting their own hopes up too much. I forget if he even said the poll would absolutely determine the next game he would translate. Instead it was something like a poll to see "interest" in what he should translate next, which is the same kind of bullshit politicians pull to abuse people's trust and hopes.
When a game he personally wasn't interested in translating won the poll, he basically implied the people voting must have no taste and said that the poll must have been artificially rigged. He is crazy, and everyone who didn't know that (including me) found that out at that time.
So he just picked whatever he wanted to translate next. It's his right as the translator, but that kind of betrayal made everyone see him differently.

>> No.7196580

>>7196543
>poll faggotry
First poll
The two titles that were getting the most hype and love around is CC and Muv Luv.
CC won at the end, everyone is happy including the Muv Luv supporters because CC is almost universally like.

Second poll
Everyone was going for the "REAL DEAL" titles.
Mainly Muv Luv, Baldr Sky and Swan Song.
Out of nowhere, Ignanock won with 5votes over Baldr Sky. This is where the poll faggotry started. Ignanock only won because the main supporter of it was in ammy IRC circlejerk. That furfag even admitted to proxy voting. In short, /jp/ raged.

Third poll
More faggotry. #gg even joined on the trolling. More REAL DEAL vs DISNEY faggotry.
In the end, Ruitomo won the vote thanks to #gg and their collective downloaders against /jp/.
However Ixrec and his friends disregard the result and in the end translated Muv Luv.

>> No.7196582

>>7196572
So, basically, you all know nothing and got mad for no fucking reason because he didn't like a game you never even played?
Oh wow.

>> No.7196583

>>7196568
>Also I hear RuiTomo is a pretty good game. What's wrong with it?
Too much silly wordplay or something. Ixrec is apparently too incompetent to try and work around those things, though.

>> No.7196584

>>7196575
>I still don't what those terms actually mean beyond my opinion>your opinion

REAL DEAL refers to VNs with high amounts of death, brainbreaking confusion, or rape. Disney Shit is any VN with cute fluffiness and bubbles. Ironically, Inganock is quite REAL DEAL.

>As long as she isn't a slut I can read it easy

Nah, Christie was a virgin when she married her first husband. Mary doesn't get fucked in the game aside from what I believe is a dream sequence.

>> No.7196587

>>7196584
>Disney Shit is any VN with cute fluffiness and bubbles.
No. Originally this term is only used to refer to games with talking animal.
People started to misuse it.

>> No.7196589

>>7196582

No, we're mad not because he doesn't like a game, but because he's a colossal faggot about not liking it.

>>7196577
>>7196580

...What a fucking huge faggot.

>> No.7196590

>>7196563
I don't want to see it translated, this thread really isn't about that anyways.

>> No.7196592

>>7196584
Dream scenes are the worst.

>> No.7196593

>make a poll
>people abuse the fuck out of it
>disregard rigged results and translate the game he himself likes
>WHAT A COLOSSAL FAGGOT HE SHOULD HAVE TRANSLATED WHAT GG WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!11111
>typical /jp/ meetup

>> No.7196595

>>7196587
The funnest thing was misinterpreting it and calling every VN one way or another, by fun I mean annoying to the point were I was filtering those words out.

>>7196589
Whatever happened to the nice guy that translated Moon in a month?

>> No.7196596

>>7196589
>but because he's a colossal faggot about not liking it.
Since when is 8.5 a bad rating? His deviation shit places it between 8 and 9.5 as well.

Are you upset that he didn't give it a 10? Because that would be ridiculous on your part.

>> No.7196597

>>7196593

He shouldn't have made the poll in the first place. It was typical attention whoring.

Look at TakaJun, he doesn't do stupid shit like that.

>> No.7196600

>>7196584
Was it a proper dream sequence, though? From what I vaguely recall it did start out as one, but during her h-scene she realized that the faceless ideal man must have been James, and even called his name out while stretching towards the screen. The sequence promptly ended.

>> No.7196601

>>7196596
Some people are probably angry because he gave higher scores to mediocre titles like Chaos;Head or Valucia.

>> No.7196603

What? Ixrec has a British e-girlfriend? I'd like some info on this, ladies.

>> No.7196604

>>7196593
He should have just cut it off after the second one and did what he wanted. The whole poll thing might have worked better is it just was /jp/

>> No.7196605

>>7196597
http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=1140

It's on a smaller scale but it's a poll nonetheless

>> No.7196606

>>7196596

Read the comments or hell, his Twitter posts. He obviously didn't like it but felt uncomfortable about giving it a lower score because attention whore.

In the end he settled on ranking it lower than F/SN and Chaos;Head, and stirring a bunch of shit up by claiming that it 'wasn't about philosophy'.

Faggotry at its finest.

>> No.7196608

>>7196597
But TakaJun is a DISNEY loving retard who can't translate, likes nukige (I think ero is really holding back the potential of eroge. This medium could be so much more.) and gave SubaHibi, best REAL DEAL VN I've never played, 3/10.

>> No.7196610

>>7196597

As someone who didn't have any strong preference regarding which VN was ultimately translated, even though I did vote and didn't have any particular expectations in Inganock, I thought the whole poll fiasco was ultimately quite amusing.

Sometimes you just need to learn to see things from a 3rd person perspective.

>> No.7196613

>>7196605

Okay, but that's not about what game to translate, nor did he fuck with people expectations.

>> No.7196615

Why is 'Disney' a derogatory term anyway?
I thought /jp/ liked cute and idealistic things.

>> No.7196618

Shit, I'll learn Japanese before a Muv-Luv translation is released.

>> No.7196619

Oh no, you wasted ten seconds of your life clicking on a poll option.

Sorry, why do we give a shit about this guy's opinions again?

>> No.7196623

>>7196615
Don't think about it. /jp/ is inconsistent and confusing.

Those terms were never meant to be taken seriously anyway.

>> No.7196626

>>7196618

But it was leaked, which is why Ixrec is so mad now and decided to troll people with that 8.5 of his.

>> No.7196627

>>7196615
No one uses those terms seriously is why.

>> No.7196628

The MLA shit just doesn't phase me after the Chaos;Head bullshit. Seriously, they had a full translation patch out, and then suddenly decides to unconditionally abandon it and give everything to JAST, without any promises from JAST of a release. Now it's been almost 2 years since that, and we still haven't even heard of rumor from JAST that they're going to do it, even though they have a full fucking translation patch to work with and have already achieved cooperation with Nitro+ on other games. Only reason it's possible to play Chaos;Head translated right now is because people mirror the translation patch, against the will of the translators.

Why do people suddenly find it tempting to give up on their translation projects for absolutely no concrete reward? Do they send some thugs to the doors of the project leaders to threaten them into abandoning unconditionally?

>> No.7196630

>>7196615
Because of the trolling associated with it and all the furryshit remarks.

>>7196601
>Valucia.
How come everyone always rags on it like the red-headed step-child of the WAB series?

>> No.7196631

>>7196628
>Why do people suddenly find it tempting to give up on their translation projects for absolutely no concrete reward?

But there is a reward. It's called attention.

>> No.7196634

Wow, you're the ones feeding this attention whore.
Who gives a flying fuck about his ratings for a VN?

>> No.7196636

>>7196615
Smells of the same cancer that hit /a/ and made them hate "moeshit".

>> No.7196637

>>7196630
Read it.
I thought it was pretty good... till the last chapter, what a piece of shit.
The only reason I kept reading was because I loved the art.

>> No.7196638

>>7196634

I bet he's reading this thread and masturbating furiously right now.

>> No.7196639

>>7196634
No matter how much we hate it Ixrec will be important as long as he is translating VNs, he is a force to be acknowledged and possibly respected.

>> No.7196640

>>7196638
I bet he made this thread.

>> No.7196641

>>7196631
I thought most people, if given the choice, would prefer positive attention rather than negative attention.

>> No.7196642

>>7196638
Delicious drama.

>> No.7196643

>>7196640
I bet he made this post.

>> No.7196645

>>7196510

Why do all you faggots on /jp/ like saying every fan translator is shit when you actually probably have no fucking clue at all?

Look, Takajun is fucking native Japanese, I'll trust his skill in the language more than I will ever trust yours. Ixrec's also pretty decent. (Even if he wasn't back during C+C, over the 1.5 years he would've surely improved).

And also if anyone so good that you can say Takajun/Ixrec sucks, then you probably won't be caring about any translations at all, because you would just read it in moon.

>> No.7196646

>>7196640

Nah, I made the thread, and I'm no Ixrec.

>>7196641

No, because positive attention would require effort. Conversely, it's very easy to get people to hate you.

>> No.7196649

>>7196628
Huge difference. Nobody care about Chaos;Head and anyone that care already played the beta patch.

>> No.7196653
File: 50 KB, 500x129, iceburn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7196645

>> No.7196655

>>7196645
To translate something you need to be proficient in both languages.
And you need to have some actual writing talent.

Takajun being a native obviously has a great grasp of Japanese but that's all.
Seriously I read a bit of his Swan Song and it completely and utterly destroyed the beautiful text of the original.
For Ixrec I never read any of his translations but I did read some of his translation logs and he makes some pretty elementary mistakes.

>> No.7196656

>>7196649
I won't deny that, but it was still a completely ridiculous move that did absolutely no one any good, not even themselves.

>> No.7196660

>>7196649
Well it is not as if MLA was the holy grail or anything...

>>7196645
People have the tendency to constantly repeat things they read on here but never remember the examples to prove the point.

>> No.7196659 [DELETED] 
File: 34 KB, 144x177, 1297386077550.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I kind of want to see Subahibi to get translated so I can see what all the fuss is about, but lol.

>mfw drama, drama everywhere

>> No.7196661

>>7196659
you sound like someone from /a/, go away.

>> No.7196663

>>7196645

TakaJun's English is awful, and as for Ixrec... Lazaford Field? Seriously?

>> No.7196665

>>7196660
Well it is #1 or #2 in EGS last I checked.
Most people will just followed the hype generated by EGS ratings.
Surprised on the lack of Steins;Gate hype. If I wanted attention, I would have translated it.

>> No.7196667

ヽ(´ー`)ノ

>> No.7196669

How would one go about becoming Ixrec's e-girlfriend?

>> No.7196672

>>7196665

Apparently the engine is impossible to hack or something.

>> No.7196673

>>7196665
That's because everyone know that Steins;Gate isn't that great.

>> No.7196674

>>7196665
s;g doesn't have any ero.

>> No.7196678

>>7196665
Coincidently enough the actual biggest attention getter for translating a VN would be Subihibi.

>>7196669
Being a girl and hanging out in ammy's RC channel I guess. If you succeed convince him to do Baldr Sky.

>> No.7196685

>>7196678
>Subihibi
You are not fooling anyone moogy.

>> No.7196712

>>7196685

Get out izmosmolnar

>> No.7196714

without people like ixrec who do the thankless job of translating we wouldn't be playing these games in the first place

surprises me to see all the hate over something so trivial as his opinions on a game

>> No.7196718

>>7196714
>we wouldn't be playing these games in the first place
Talk for yourself, faggot

>> No.7196719

>>7196714

That ain't it. It's that this is on top of all his other increasingly crazy faggotry.

Ideally, I don't even want him translating Subahibi if it's going to end up like the MLA debacle. I'd prefer Moogy translate it, but we know how that turned out.

>> No.7196720

>>7196719
>Moogy
>translate
As always, good joke

>> No.7196743

>>7196720

He's translating Dra+Koi.

>> No.7196748

>>7196743
Did you mean "Google is translating Dra+Koi"?

>> No.7196749

The Moogy cocksuckers are even worse than Ixrec ones.
At least Ixrec delivers sometimes

>> No.7196755

>>7196749

Moogy isn't nearly as much of a faggot. He's a faggot, but he knows he's a faggot and revels in his faggotry.

I can respect that.

>> No.7196759

>>7196755
Moogy's fiasco with SubaHibi was the height of faggotry.

>> No.7196761

>>7196759

No, that would be the MLA debacle.

>> No.7196763

>>7196759
Let's be honest, SubaHibi only attracts faggotry.

>> No.7196764

>>7196761
At least, it didn't turn into Air like SubaHibi is in risk of doing.

>> No.7196765

>>7196761
The MLA debacle is mitigated by the fact that a patch was eventually leaked anyway.

>> No.7196767

>>7196763

I wish someone would just translate it, if only to get it over with.

>> No.7196769

>>7196765

...But not because Ixrec wanted it to be leaked.

>> No.7196774

>>7196765
And guess what, guy that leaked it was kicked out of the group.

>> No.7196776

>>7196769
Doesn't matter. The game is in my hands and it's 99% translated.

SubaHibi on the other hand, has 100 lines translated and a few hundred more done as an April Fools joke.

I don't care about the methods, only the results.

>> No.7196782

>>7196776
In 10 years, it'll be stuck at 62%.

>> No.7196802

>kind people translate things for free, spend hours for this
Why is /jp/ filled with spoiled babies? Grow the fuck up and appreciate what you get. If not for these people, you would have no translated VNs, and then you would all have to kill yourselves/learn moon.

>> No.7196805

>>7196802
If you want to suck translator cock I would advise you return to the Witch Hunt thread on Animesuki.

>> No.7196806

>>7196802
Get out tlwiki devs.

>> No.7196809

>>7196805
It's not a case of sucking translator cock. It's respecting these individuals who persist to deliver you spoiled whiny cunts things you want. I honestly don't know how they do it, when you're doing it all for a bunch of faggots on /jp/.

>> No.7196811

>>7196809

They're doing it by their own goddamn volition, so they either have nothing else to do or do it entirely for attention and drama, which they're certainly getting a lot of. They still have no right to play around with people and break their promises, then expect to still be worshiped. Stop acting like the sensible, heroic white knight of justice, you piece of shit.

>> No.7196812

>>7196809
The Western visual novel community extends beyond /jp/ you know.

Though we are the most active and vocal.

>> No.7196813
File: 44 KB, 182x182, chinese_girl_unhappy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7196812
>The Western visual novel community extends beyond /jp/ you know.

>> No.7196814

>>7196802
>If not for these people, you would have no translated VNs, and then you would all have to kill yourselves/learn moon.
That's all the more reason to hate them for being dicks. If we had alternatives, we could just ignore them, but as it is, they're selfishly abusing the lack of translators to gain attention. Just because they can doesn't mean they should.

>> No.7196816

>>7196743

Can't even compare Moogy to Ixrec.

Moogy spent 1/2 a fucking year, and only managed to translate 60% of a 135KB game (that's like ~80KB). Which makes him one of the fucking slowest translators ever.

Ixrec managed to translate 5MB+ of Muv Luv in 1 year.

>> No.7196819

While I appreciate quality translations, I would rather they come from people who aren't total assholes.

>> No.7196824

>>7196809
>>7196813
Contrary to popular belief, VN/eroge is fucking popular on forums like gaia, animesuki, gamefaqs, hongfire and maybe even DA.
I dare say it is fucking mainstream to the casual anime watchers.

/jp/ seems to be only group of people that doesnt have the sheep mentality or blindly worshiping translators.
So what if you are translator, it doesnt stop you from being a humongous faggot.

>> No.7196869

>>7196824
Hongfire is a given you know.
But in these other places, only VNs like Umineko or FSN are popular.
Umineko attract Twilight level fangirls and FSN powerlevel fags so it's normal they are popular over there

>> No.7196875

>>7196755

Moogy's the biggest faggot out there. Noone beats Moogy.

>I pretty much don't play anything with a translation. For example, I was very hesitant to play Quartett, even though I had planned to do so for a while, simply because it was translated, especially because it might make it look like I had played the translation at a glance across my votes.

>I no longer consider translations an acceptable basis upon which to evaluate fiction, at least in the otaku realm. My blog contained a great deal of posts based upon the subtitled versions of anime and the translated versions of eroge – I am afraid I can no longer consider these posts as having stated anything meaningful. Translation, or at least the woeful standard of translation employed by fansubbers and fan translators, produces mirages and nothing more – its fruits are merely hazy reinterpretations of the original works.

>> No.7196877

Good reviewer of moon eroge in english, do they exist?
Someone who doesn't feel the need to fill his reviews with tvtropes links if possible

>> No.7196882

>>7196869

The Ever17 thread in the Games subforum on Animesuki is always active.

Animesuki is honestly not a terrible place. You just have to learn what threads to avoid and what people to filter.

>> No.7196887

>>7196875

He's trolling.

>>7196877

Moogy, oddly enough.

>> No.7196889

>>7196875
moogy is acting like this to troll and he knows he is a faggot.
Ixrec genuinely thinks he is not.

>> No.7196893

>>7196882
Sorry but no.
Animesuki is a horrible place and this thread is filled with horrible posts

>> No.7196894

>>7196877
There is this dude blog who makes reviews and post download links but can recall the url

>> No.7196895

>>7196887
His reviews are pretty bad.

>> No.7196896

>>7196893

You've never been there, or have been linked to the especially faggy subforums.

Seriously, it's not bad. Much better than Gaia or Gamefaqs.

>> No.7196898

>>7196887

Not really, you'd think he's trolling if you just read that. But if you read his posts enough, you'd start to realize he actually honestly believes that shit.

>> No.7196899

http://whatistomato.wordpress.com/
I like this guy.
It actually feels like he likes his hobby and he doesn't feel the need to act like a hipster about it.

>> No.7196900

>>7196894
>Can't
The dude is Russian or something t but he also post in English.

>> No.7196904

>>7196877
zepy but it is more like a blog about everything rather than eroge review.

>> No.7196906

>>7196898

He's not that dumb. I've talked to him a bit on irc and he doesn't come off as such.

>> No.7196920

>>7196906
I didn't know you talk to yourself moogy

>> No.7196939

>>7196906

Well, he doesn't need to act like an asshole like 100% of the time. And it's not really "dumb". It's just elitist.

He's always talking about awesomeness of writing styles and whatever everywhere

>> No.7196941

>>7196899
Self-promotion much?

>> No.7196942

>>7196478
Sucking your own cock again, Ixrec?

>> No.7196948

Why is everyone so paranoid in these threads? Not everyone has to be Moogy or Ixrec, christ.

>> No.7196954

>>7196948

Get out, Fungi.

>> No.7196964

I would fly to Ixrec's house and fuck him if he translated SubaHibi.

>> No.7196972

>>7196948
Personally it's because I have a very hard time believing anyone actually cares about their opinions other than they themselves. These threads are very surreal to me.

>> No.7196974

>>7196972
Sh*t the fuck up, Makoto.

>> No.7197021

get the fuck out takajun

>> No.7197025

>>7197021
Cool bump, The n00b avenger

>> No.7197034

Personally, I think all translators are dick waving retards except Takajun.

>> No.7197054

>>7197034
takajun, get out

>> No.7197099

Some think TakaJun's translation is mediocre? Taka at his worst is decent, at his best he's great, and at his normal state he's good.

Haters being upset because he didn't give favorable reviews to VNs they liked, and hating on his taste because he likes things they don't like? How typical.

>> No.7197130

>>7197099
I bet Takajun's translations are the most accurate, but him not being a native English speaker clearly shows in his translations.

>> No.7197136

>>7197099
Stop trolling please

>> No.7197147

>>7197136
stop trolling please

>> No.7197153

>>7197130
That's his one, probably only, weak point. But it's mostly minor though, at least enough for his editors to smooth nearly all the rough edges out.

A release from an decent TL with a good take on English versus a release from Taka at his normal state... I'd honestly side with Taka for being the better in translation here.

>> No.7197154 [DELETED] 

>>7197130
People love gg. Translations have to be funney and easy to read like internet comments, nobody gives much fuck about accuracy or why voices don't match text.
That's why we have such translation masterpieces as Sharin/G-senjou.

>> No.7197156

>>7197099
but which translator is the strongest in his final form?

>> No.7197158

>>7197154
moogy is or used to be in gg.

>> No.7197160

Makoto is the best translator easily, Saya has the best translation of an eroge I've seen.

And nobody who read Swan Song in Japanese could say that Takajun did a good job, bobody.

>> No.7197162

>>7197154
I guess that's true. When I can understand what they're saying and it doesn't matter the text is a bit strange, but it's better than no translation at all.

>> No.7197163

>>7197154
>People love gg.
>Translations have to be funney and easy to read like internet comments
>translation masterpieces as Sharin/G-senjou.

I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or actually do believe in what you just posted. I'm praying it's the former here.

>> No.7197164

>>7197162
match*

>> No.7197167

>>7197154
>That's why we have such translation masterpieces as Sharin/G-senjou.
Wait, was there something wrong accuracy-wise with G-senjou's translation?

>> No.7197169

>>7197160
bobody? are you retarded? why the fuck didn't you write nobody retard

>> No.7197171

>>7197167
Sharin was edited by moogy. So he inserted some memes into it like cat is fine, jackhammer, real deal and etc.
No idea about maou.

>> No.7197172

Speaking of Makoto, this guy is shrouded in mystery. I haven't seen people talk about him that much compared to ixrec, but that's sort of a given since ixrec is an attention whore

>> No.7197176

>>7197171
moogy confirmed for being a shitty troll

>> No.7197177
File: 14 KB, 300x300, 1283382412487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7197154
>nobody gives much fuck about accuracy or why voices don't match text

Damn right. Accuracy? Who needs that in a translation? Doing loose rewrites is the way to go!

>> No.7197178

You know what's fun? Ignoring the entire translation drama and just reading/playing the games.

>> No.7197183

>>7197178
Know what is even more fun? Knowing moon and being able to play all these games in their original state

>> No.7197182 [DELETED] 

>>7197163
Hint: people - as in not sophisticated individuals such as us.

>> No.7197184

why is /jp/ so shitty

>> No.7197185

>>7197183
Don't brag you ass.

>> No.7197186

>>7197183
The enjoyment I'd get out of it wouldn't be worth the time spent learning the language. And I play more vidya anyway, so the time I spend on visual novels now is plenty.

>> No.7197188

>>7197185
>>7197160
>>7197160
sup mankoto

>> No.7197193

>>7197172
Faggot sold out to JAST.

I am looking forward to Baldr Sky.
His Haruhi translation is pretty good and he doesnt do half ass literal translation.

>> No.7197194

>>7197193
>His Haruhi translation
What haruhi translations

>> No.7197195 [DELETED] 

Makoto was pretty shit in Hanachirasu though.

>> No.7197198

>>7197195
>>7197195
>>7197195
This

I am seriously worried about muramasa in his hands, considering it's the same author and the writing is more advanced.

>> No.7197199

>>7197194
Official translator for the Haruhi books.

>> No.7197200

>>7197195
Not really, the translation was pretty good actually

>> No.7197202

>>7197200
Did you read both?

>> No.7197203

>>7197193
Baldr Sky isn't translated by Makoto.
What he is doing right now is Muramasa.
Which is superior so it's okay

>> No.7197201 [DELETED] 

>>7197193
Sup koda.

>> No.7197205

>>7197202
Yes? His version was so good that it surprassed the original.

>> No.7197206

>Posts: 204
ITT 90% of these are troll posts.

>> No.7197207

>>7197193
>doesnt do half ass literal translation.
So, does that mean they're the full-assed, competent kind of literal translation?

>Yen Press
Is shit

>> No.7197215

>>7197203
I am not talking about Makoto.
>the official English-language release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya uses a.f.k.’s fan-produced translation.

>> No.7197212 [DELETED] 

>>7197207
>So, does that mean they're the full-assed, competent kind of literal translation?
Nah, he does The Way It's Meant To Be Written™ rewrites, see >>7197205

>> No.7197219
File: 291 KB, 900x900, 1267539106046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ixrec is a great person, the people he's arguing with are dicks. Even if they're right (fuck if I know, I sure as hell can't read that game) there are better ways to get your feelings across than insulting people.

>> No.7197226

>>7197203
I really hope Moogy's fagggotory or anyone's faggotory for that matter, hasn't gotten to Makoto. I need him on Muramasa like was on Saya and Kikokugai.

>> No.7197235
File: 38 KB, 300x300, 1283381942984.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7197212
>The Way It's Meant To Be Written™
>rewrites
>surpassing the original

>> No.7197249

I for one appreciate what Ixrec does for the community because I can't read moon and would never have read some great vns otherwise. I don't care about his (or any of yours, for that matter) opinions on vns, because they are just that, opinions.

Waiting warmly for Sharnoth and Forest.

inb4 get out Ixrec, moogy, tlwiki devs etc.

>> No.7197254

>>7197249
GET BACK TO JAPAN TAKAJUN

>> No.7197264
File: 11 KB, 304x226, 1275031332082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

look im in neither camp, but seriously you guys, if most of you guys are already at master level of understanding japanese why bother trolling that guy anyway? im one of the peasant race not being able to completely understand moon
>>in before go away from /jp/ lowly peasant

and i guess i cant really understand how ixrec or takajun translation actually butcher the original *cue in swan song* but seriously i am glad they actually translate vn and deliver (well not so much on ixrec side during alternative trolling, god i hate that shit), aint like you guys who complain and not helping whatsoever in the translation with your vast knowledge about whats wrong and right

call me whatever but seriously try to reflect on it a bit

>> No.7197281

>>7197264
>most of you guys are already at master level of understanding japanese
lol. I suspect that only 5% of /jp/'s VN fanbase is able to read eroge/VNs that are not nukige or moegames with easy japanese

>> No.7197286

>>7197281
I can understand with atlas

>> No.7197290

>>7197264
From the perspective of someone who hasn't read Swan Song in its original language, but has played the translated version, my opinion is the translation is very good or at least good enough. I can understand if artistic writing and diction weren't ideally transfered over, but that may be due language barrier/lost in translation more than anything.

>> No.7197505

>210 posts and 7 image replies omitted. Click Reply to view.

Hahahaha. I should become a translator too so people can give me all this attention.

>> No.7197518

>>7196954

What a faggot BFE will never be translated because he claims to be translating it and doesn't do shit.

>> No.7197531

>>7197518
Hi

[01:21:39] <Fungi> If anyone wants to try, I'm not in any power to stop it.
[01:21:53] <Fungi> I will trash any subpar translation attempts though.

and by trash I mean criticize poor translation
I am the cancer killing the community and discouraging translators blah blah

bye

>> No.7197537

>>7197531
>implying his translations are any better

>> No.7197542

>>7197531

Stop pretending you know shit about good VNs or translations you faggot you haven't even played MLA. Fucking normalfags like you ruin the VN community.

>> No.7197552

>>7197537

Implying he's actually ever translated anything instead of just claiming to be good at it like a true faggot.

>> No.7197557

>>7197264
welcome to /jp/ enjoy your stay anon

>> No.7197559

SubaHibi thread?

Tomosane, Takuji, and Yuki are all in the same body. Hasaki is Tsukasa and her stuffed rabbit is Kagami.

Takuji and his mother are under the delusion that Hasaki is preventing Takuji from become a saviour because they aren't one person. Takuji throws Hasaki off a cliff and Yuki jumps after her to protect her. Tomosane gets the knife Takuji was holding up to Hasaki and stabs him.

>> No.7197561

When I dish criticism I am ready to take it back. Granted it's proper criticism.
There's no way I can convince you that I'm not an asshole that'll just criticize things for the sake of it, but it'd be awesome if someone better than me actually does translate it.

>> No.7197593

Honest, accurate criticism is a good thing at times, because while it's true that discouraging a contributor is usually not a good thing, not all contributors are good. Someone who spews out demonstrably flawed translations(I'm not talking about "translations you don't like and/or disagree with philosophically," I mean something provable or otherwise substantial) may be better off not translating. Oftentimes, regardless of the quality of a translation, a project translated once will not be translated again, which may mean a person who translates something poorly is effectively blocking it from being translated properly.

There are a lot of ways of looking at the issue, but at the very least don't treat a difference in philosophy/opinion/taste as a criticism. Although I'm sure it's hard for some to recognize the difference between those and rule(such as grammar)/logic-based arguments.

>>7197531
If you can make honest, logical criticisms based on demonstrable arguments while being polite then I see no problem.

>> No.7197594
File: 59 KB, 402x573, Mamiya-Takuji.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While all of you disgusting maggots are whining about a translation, I was different.. I was chosen! Hu hu hu.. I read that in jp and loved every minute, enjoy waiting for half a decade for your translation faggots. Sometimes personal experience is the only kind of judgment you can rely on. You could have spent half that time actually leaning something. I guess its all a part of the "program".

>> No.7197613

>>7197594
Takuji could do some weird stuff with his face.

>> No.7197643

>people fighting about translations of sad porn games made for freaks and translated by losers
get a life you fucking nerds srsly

>> No.7197646

>Ixrec Eric Hitchcock
>@masat01 They think 8.5 is a bad score. That should tell you something about how informative /jp/ is.

>> No.7197648

this thread is a motherfucking sperg rush

>> No.7197649

>>7197643
First time on /jp/?

>> No.7197656

>>7197649
who cares? why do you nerds care about porn games that much, go read books for fuck sake these are just porn games made for sad losers

>> No.7197661

>>7197656
Why do you care what other people care about?

>> No.7197668

>>7197661
because I pity you guys
spending your life on shitty porn games, lolz

>> No.7197669

>>7196948
or masat01
Oh who am I kidding, the only thing he translates are final exams and 4koma

>> No.7197670

>>7197661
Why do you care responding to him and why do I care responding to you?

>> No.7197672

>>7197668
Spending your time feeling pity about and responding to random people on the internet, lolz.

>> No.7197676

This. Fucking. Thread.

>> No.7197674 [DELETED] 

ぐるぐるくるり、廻り回る負の円環。
燃料はあなた、でもこっちも暇。
一緒に時間を割きましょう、みんなの言いたいのために。
ようこそ、浅はかさが這い回るこの地獄絵図の愚者の巣へ。

>> No.7197679

>>7197613
You mean like drug up all of the students in a school and lead them to commit suicide? Yeah, he could do some pretty weird stuff with his face.

>> No.7197686

>>7197670

best post in this thread.

>> No.7197691

>>7197643
>>7197648
>>7197656
>>7197668
>>7197670
>>7197686
samefag

>> No.7197695

Goddamn I wish I could troll as well as Ixrec.

>> No.7197696

>>7197646
Most of the butthurt probably come from the fact he rated Chaos;Head and other shits higher rather than the score in itself.
And some of his complains are pretty stupid as well.

Not like I really care, I would be FRUSTRATED if he did this with Muramasa or something though

>> No.7197713

I'm eagerly awaiting for Ixrec's next project to be stuck by another deal with a Japanese developer.

>> No.7197730
File: 161 KB, 800x600, ev8004b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If this thread had a BGM, it would be this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7eGl4Wuazc

>> No.7197733 [DELETED] 

http://thejot.wordpress.com/anime-reviews/steinsgate-anime-only/episode-one/tips/

For those interested

>> No.7197734

>>7196663
Is that supposed to be the Rutherford Field?

>> No.7197735

>>7197733
Get out, masat01

>> No.7197742

>>7197696
Muramasa fanboys need to chill out, seriously.

>> No.7197746

>>7197696
>Not like I really care, I would be FRUSTRATED if he did this with Muramasa or something though
8/10

>> No.7197747

>>7197742
I was just joking, stop being so serious.

>> No.7197752

>>7197742
And you need to play the game.

>> No.7197822

I'm just glad that Muramasa will never be released.

>> No.7197830

>>7197822
I agree, I don't want those shitty /a//v/ kiddies shitting all over a great VN again.

>> No.7197851

>>7197752
I did, still say the same since I've seen people frustrated over the 8 takajun gave it more than the 3 it gave to subahibi.

>> No.7197890

>>7197734
Correct.

>> No.7197980

>>7197851
>I've seen people frustrated over the 8 takajun gave it more than the 3 it gave to subahibi.
What are you talking about? The butthurt has been much MUCH worse with Subahibi after Ixrec's 8.5 score than Takajun's muramasa. Look at this thread and the past 10 threads about this same bullshit.

Also Subahibi is a completely different game than muramasa so Takajun giving the latter a 3 and former a 8 only says about the person's taste. Personally I don't care about Takajun's scoring since his taste is well known to be on the moe side, but he gave saya and gekkou 8.5 which was kinda weird.

>> No.7198006

ITT: hipsters

>> No.7199581

>>7197980

It's not the score but his attitude about it that pisses people off.

I wish we had someone with Ixrec's translation speed who wasn't a total faggot.

>> No.7199631 [DELETED] 

>>7199581
stop stalking translators

>> No.7199653

>>7199581
Well, we don't. Why does it even matter? We don't have to like him, as long as he delivers translations.

>> No.7199659

im laughing my ass off at this thread, good job /jp/

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action