[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 18 KB, 127x116, 1309646624451.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7649242 No.7649242 [Reply] [Original]

Share your Touhou opinions

Mine:
PC-98: Will try soon.
EoSD: Cool music but quite boring
PCB: Best music but quite easy
IN: Best gameplay but too easy
PoFV: Cool music, good gameplay
MoF: Boring
SA: Boring and hard
UFO: Best shot types but hard
TD: Cool shot types but fuck those life spirits
GFW, IaMP, SWR: Indifferent
STB, DS: Grinding

>> No.7649248
File: 10 KB, 179x242, 1311347379515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP opinions:
pic related

StB DS:
best games

>> No.7649265

LLS : easiest
PCB : best characters
IN : best music
MoF : best graphics, best final boss
SA / UFO : fuck that shit
StB / DS : frustrating but fun

>> No.7649291
File: 342 KB, 600x852, 1311348862099.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PC-98: Curiosities strictly for retro nuts.

EOSD: Ugly as dickcheese, but very good music.
PCB: Improvement over EOSD in every possible way.
IN: The best Touhou has ever gotten.
MOF, Subterranean Alicism, UFO: some fun character, otherwise poop from a butt

Fighting games: I don't want to learn moves you stupid fucks

Photography games: Theoretically fun, but I die 200 times on every card and that kind of gets old after a while (that's my problem though, the games are good)

Megamari: Fucking awesome. Best Touhou fangame.

TH13: I have unreasonably high hopes for this one, because it resembles IN superficially and I love IN.

>> No.7649301

If you think IN the best Touhou game, you probably are a secondary!

>> No.7649302
File: 92 KB, 433x551, 1311349112859.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7649291
>IN: The best Touhou has ever gotten.

>> No.7649313
File: 61 KB, 600x600, 1311349457730.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7649291
>IN: The best Touhou has ever gotten.

>> No.7649314
File: 351 KB, 700x700, 1311349478270.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

still waiting for the arrival of the shmup nerds.

>>7649291
PC-98 games are very decent, many people here think that 4 and 5 are better than most windows touhou games. I don't think this is all nostalgiafaggotry.
Shuusou Gyoku is like the gateway from PC-98 to windows touhou. And it's finger licking good

>> No.7649329

>>7649302
you mad Alice because you're so shitty in that game.

>> No.7649330

>If you think IN the best Touhou game, you probably are a secondary!

But I think it's the best. It's the Touhou that has gotten me into shmups, so it surely has good presentation.

>> No.7649347

>>7649329

Solo Alice is IN's secret hard mode.

>> No.7649350

>tSEW
Not too bad. Its the first Bullet-hell, so it gets credit but nothing spectacular beyond that. Just, Fuck Marisa.
>Mystic Square
Fucking. Amazing. Hard as hell though.
>LLS
Havent played yet. Not extensively. Also, SPAAAAAAAAAARK
>EoSD: Some of the best spell patterns, best characters, and best dialogue from the main characters. Overall, one of my favorites
>PCB:
Best dialogue from the main characters over all, and favorite final boss fight. Yuyu is just so much FUN. Scoring system is easy enough to get lives, too, so difficulty isn't too heavy. most memorable music beyond stage 4. Who were the stage 2 and 3 bosses? I never remember them.
>IN
Easy enough, especially with Border Team, hard enough to be fun. I love Mokou, arguably my favorite EX boss ive fought, and the only so far ive beaten. best. Music. Ever.
>PoFV
Greatest final boss, but fuck the Extra mode(s). Not my favorite, though it was my first. Nostalgiafag tier to me.
>MoF
No thanks. Nothing great here, moving on.
>SA
Fuck. You. Fuck. you. Fuck. You. Fuck. You. Fuck. You. best EX-stage theme hands down, most fun EX boss, best EX-midboss

>> No.7649355

>>7649350
>Who were the stage 2 and 3 bosses?

Chen and Alice, respectively.

>> No.7649360
File: 44 KB, 245x212, 1311350733332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7649350
>didn't remember Chen and Alice
>didn't remember Ex-midboss and Ex-boss

>> No.7649375

>>7649350
they are forgettable compared to everyone else. Except letty, of course. And Alice's stage is just ... it lacks what EoSD's Stage 3 has.
>StB:
If I wanted to have several pounds of bullshit thrown at me several dozen times a minute, I'd go to a cow-chip-chuckin' contest at the local fairs.
>DS
Way easier, though way buggier. And a lot of the spells -cough- Satori -cough- could have been done more like they were in the home game. Made some characters feel too foreign. At least Extra-mode is obtainable, and even beatable.
>10D
So far, one of my favorite touhou games. Really annoying when you go into Auto-trance. It's like the game is insulting you for the next 5 seconds straight saying "Haha, you died because that bullet blended in and turned at an odd angle! And now you get NOTHING from this boss/spell card"

>> No.7649379

PC-98: I enjoy them. A very solid collection of shumps.

EoSD: Was my first Touhou game. Also my first Normal Clear. Lovely credits theme, has a great cast that is blown out of proportion by the fandom.

PCB: I lost to Yuyuko too many times to count. Rocking themes that fit nicely with the gameplay at hand. Letty could use more love.

IN: Taught me to deathbomb properly. The spellcard practice was a nice change of pace. I met my waifu in this game and enjoy the rest of the cast/music. Kinda easy.

POFV: Decent, too bad it started that Cirno = Baka 9 shit.

MoF; If you go at the right pace, the music is in perfect sync with the game play, leading to memorable moments. Bomb system seemed screwy at first but I got used to it.

SA: Left me with a bloody rectum. Made clearing those difficult bosses all the more satisfying.

UFO: Not that many memorable tracks. Really enjoyable

Fighters: I am not a big fan of fighters. Still enjoyed playing these installments.

STB,DS: Haven't really played these to the extent of the other games

Great Fairy Wars: Marisa's Fight and Music were really fantastic.

TD: Haven't played it yet. Saving myself for the full release.

>> No.7649380

>PC-98
Too lazy to configure the emulators.

>EoSD
Too many safe/deathspots and suicides.

>PCB
Too many important border timings.

>IN
Strange orb timing during canceling.

>PoFV
Can't control lv.2s. Always lured into Bonus! then miserable deaths.

>MoF
My computer jitters while playing this and only this.

>SA
Too many deathspots and suicides.

>UFO
Too dependent on UFO route.

>StB/DS
Too much pixel perfect dodging and restarts.

>GFW
I can't into route.

>TD
Why the skipping of the bosses? ZUN you have to fix this.

>> No.7649399

>PC-98
Didn't play.
>EoSD
Got to Sakuya after two or three tries. Then I got bored.
>PCB
Didn't play.
>IN
Didn't play.
>PoFV
Didn't play.
>MoF
Didn't play.
>SA
Didn't play.
>UFO
Didn't play.
>TD
Too much shit going on at once on the screen. I can't even tell what are the bullets and the bonuses.
>GFW, IaMP, SWR
Didn't play.
>STB, DS
Didn't play.

>> No.7649598

>>7649375
I know man. Suddenly i become superman with Trance, feeling the power i just get and i also feel depressed because no matter how i try in that moment, i can't prevent losing a life at the end of the Trance.

>> No.7649625
File: 35 KB, 500x500, ಠ_ಠ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7649598
>I
>i
>Trance

>> No.7649656

PC-98: Never.
EoSD: Lag, and I feel weak. Music is good but I don't even want to play the game.
PCB: Don't like the music, nor the graphics, nor the characters, nor the danmaku. Everything seems quite bland.
IN: The only one I managed to 1cc so I like it, music is also very much enjoyable, Marisa's fight is very fun.
PoFV: Didn't play.
MoF: Best music, very colorful and I'm about to 1ccc it, or so I hope. Stages are easy, just bomb spamming.
SA: Bullets have the speed of light and retarded shooting types, I won't play it much though I like the music.
UFO: Tricky, didn't play much but it seemed quite enjoyable.
TD: Fuck, stop healing yourself Yoshika, and fuck no deathbombing.
GFW : Didn't play.
IaMP, SWR: Too hard.
STB, DS: Way too hard.

>> No.7649657

>>7649656
>IaMP, SWR: Too hard.
what is hard about beating up those CPUs? this is not SNK fighting

>> No.7649665

>>7649657
I suck very much at fighters, I can't even win against normal level CPU.

>> No.7649694

Jesus fucking Christ stop playing competitive games against the AI

>> No.7649709
File: 430 KB, 847x464, 1311358771639.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7649399

>Didn't play
>Didn't play
>Didn't play
>Didn't play
>Didn't play
>Didn't play

>> No.7649719

>>7649665
Shoot the loli until she dies.

That really works, try it out.

>> No.7649788
File: 142 KB, 600x600, 1238560278289.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I guess I'll bite. Working on 1CCing every game with every character/shot type. Might work on score runs after I get the 1CCs rolling. Won't bother with lunatic.

PC98: Will get to them eventually.

EoSD: Great cast of characters. Also helped me develop deathbomb habits and a psychic feel for the hitbox.

PCB: My favorite. Stage 4 has the best everything. Stage/Boss Music and boss fight.

IN: Easiest one in terms of "surviving". Deathbombing mechanics fuck me up for the other games. Magician team is shit; therefore I try not to play this one often. Graphics and Music are some of the best in the series though.

PoFV: Best multiplayer Touhou. Fortunately I have a lot of bros who are into it, so we have a lot of good matches.

MoF: Least favorite for me. The cast just wasn't memorable for me. Plus the scoring system is weird and promotes bomb spamming. Not into that at all.

SA: So hard. Soul-crushing hard. Can't 1CC this on Normal even. Sure can't wait to get started on hard. Has a lot of good tracks though.

UFO: Didn't like the music at first, but I eventually warmed up to it. I didn't like much of the cast other than the Captain though.

GFW: Introduces a mechanic that other shmups have done in the past, but I think this game pulls it off very well. It becomes too easy to charge up your Ice power at higher difficulties because of all the bullets you can graze however.

Iamp, SWR: I play a lot of fighters, but the mechanics for these games throw me off. Won't even bother trying to become good at any of them.

StB, DS: Really fun, but extremely difficult and tedious at times. Clearing each stage for the first time feels liberating though.

>> No.7649799

PC-98: Only game I played extensively was Mystic Square, which I liked a lot. It's on par with most of the later Touhous.

EoSD: Best music, best gameplay, best characters, best game. Remilia is my waifu. Only bitch is that some of the patterns are overly random, but that's what makes the game fun overall; the patterns are more about dodging skill than memorization, which is in stark contrast to most of the patterns in the later games.

PCB: Too many constant patterns that you can memorize your way through, but the music was top tier, the characters were good, there were more shot types than EoSD, and it had the best Extra stage. Overall one of the best games in the series.

IN: Music was meh until stage 5 and 6. Kagome Kagome and History of the Moon are both god tier songs that make up for it. I still remember the first time I played through the game and was just barely squeezing through Eirin's green orbs while that song pumped me the FUCK up. Patterns were total memorization, though. Tewi is my 2nd favorite character, but the rest of the cast is meh. I'm sorry, but I think Kaguya and Mokou are two of the shittiest characters in the series. IN was a bit weaker than its predecessors, but still a good game.

StB: Some of the best patterns and gameplay, but the lack of musical variety really kills it, as does the lack of new characters. Still a good game that I've put a couple hundred hours into

>> No.7649802

MoF: Too many bombs, obnoxious scoring system, bugs, shitty shot types, and tons of other complaints with the gameplay. On the upside, it has one or two of the best songs in the series, the bullet patterns are overall very good, and it just has a warm, homey feel to it that I like. I love and hate MoF.

SA: Odd game. I really like the scoring system. The music is kinda lackluster (in comparison to other Touhous, that is), and most of the patterns are really annoying. Also, I just don't like Okuu, and I don't like her gimmick of shooting bullets that are three times as large as anyone else's. Satori picks up the slack for her, though, by being one of the most fun boss fights in the series as well as an interesting character. Orin is a lot of fun, too, once you get over the urge to murder that fucking cat. Overall, the game just would've been a lot better without the 6th stage. Also, SA has one of my favorite Extra stages. If they had put Koishi in as the 6th stage boss, I'm sure SA would be my favorite.

UFO: Fun patterns, good music, a bunch of really good characters, and the most obnoxious gameplay ever. Fuck UFOs. Fuck UFOs. I want an option to disable these little trolls, then I'll be able to enjoy playing this game.

>> No.7649829

>>7649719
>they still play mbac!

>> No.7649863

PC-98: LLS and MS are okay.

EoSD: It's cool.

PCB: Piss easy. My favorite, I love it.

IN: Eh. Only bother putting time into Easy.

MoF: No.

SA: Extra is good. The main game is okay...it's mainly the no-miss requirement after the initial suicide for Easy/Normal/Hard that I hate. And too much grazing everywhere.

UFO: Nice challenge.

GFW: Too much milking and randomness of boss positioning. I killed my own interest in it.

TD: So-so. Randomness of the spirits appearing around the first midboss on Hard/Lunatic gets to me a little. I hope this game won't have me restarting a lot over little trance timings.

>> No.7649936

It seems that MoF is the abomination of Touhou. ZUN spent most of his time for the new graphics so every other side of this game is shit.
TD already has a shitty game mechanic. If it won't have anything particularly great in stage 4-EX then we'll have another FF series.
Pre-MoF >>>>> MoF+Post-MoF

>> No.7649949

>PC-98
Some good music tracks in there. Graphics are too busy and the bullets are hard to see.
>EoSD
Best gameplay, no BS, pure danmaku. Don't really like the music.
>PCB
Good music, good gameplay, best household.
>IaMP
Good fun. Don't usually play fighting games and would get my ass handed to me by any decent human player. Only ever played against CPU.
>IN
A solid game but utterly forgettable except for the music.
>PoFV
Meh. Only ever played it against CPU though. Kinda crap music.
>StB
Crap everything
>MoF
Pretty graphics, good music, a solid game.
>SWR
Good fun, see IaMP
>SA
Forgettable characters, good music, hard.
>UFO
Some interesting tunes, UFOs are a shitty idea.
>Hisou
Good fun, see IaMP
>DS
Crap everything
>GFW
Short and fun, lackluster music.
>TD
Haven't played it that much. So far it's been forgettable and trance is crap.

>> No.7649960

>>7649936
It's kind of messy, the spellcard rules make it impossible for characters to kill each other in danmaku, to which all battles starting from eosd are forced to be like the most technical game mechanics don't really apply so don't bring that crap in.

>> No.7649959

>>7649936
Suddenly your floor is touhous. What is it with yuugi and parsee being shipped all the time? First impression of this game is not good.

>> No.7649984

Since I'm bored...

PC-98: Haven't played enough to say. I've played them a bit though and I'll probably play them more sometime later.

EoSD: Basic, but pretty fun with nice difficulty and music.

PCB: Pretty awesome music, although it's a bit easy, I like it.

IN: Best stage 4 in the series, I absolutely love the Reimu and Marisa battle, everything else is pretty nice, I'd say it has the second best music in the series.

PoFV: Can't get into it to tell the truth. It's okay, I don't like much of the music though.

MoF: Even with the bugs and the silly scoring system and bomb spam and other flaws, I absolutely love it. It has my favorite music and there's just something magical about it that makes me want to play it.

SA: Something about it doesn't feel right, I don't know what it is. The music is great and everything else is nice, but I absolutely hate every single shot type in the game so I don't really like to play through it.

UFO: It's interesting, feels a bit more puzzle-like than the other games, music is hit or miss with some of my favorite and least favorite songs in the series.

StB/DS: Both are pretty fun and interesting, StB being more difficult, but also a bit more of a chore to play. Still great though.

GFW: It's whimsical and very hectic, this is another favorite of mine. Some of those spellcards are just ridiculous though, he must have been crazy when he made those gold medal challenges when they're near impossible on Lunatic.

TD: Love the shot types and boss gimmicks so far, music is a mixed bag. I'll wait longer to give a better judgment.

>> No.7650055

PC-98: Better than they're often given credit for. LLS is easy but pretty fun, and MS is really good.

EoSD: Still feels like LLS/MS in some ways, but with better graphics. Good music. Overall, not bad.

PCB: Pretty visuals and excellent music. No real quirks. This is the Touhou game I compare all the others to.

IN: Very easy, but also very polished and fun. It's the first one I actually bought.

PoFV: Weird, but kinda cool.

MoF: Too much bombing and too buggy. Good music, though, and nice visuals. Best bullet patterns in the series.

SA: Overall the best soundtrack in the series. Difficult to the point of being frustrating at times. Extra is amazing.

UFO: The UFOs themselves are silly and gimmicky and the music is only so-so by Touhou standards, but the bullet patterns are excellent and a lot of fun to dodge.

TD: I will wait and see.

The fighting games: I can't really judge them because I'm not a fighting game fan. I found them enjoyable enough.

I haven't spent much time with the photography games or GFW.

>> No.7650064

PC98: LLS and MS are gems, Touhou 1 is fun but very frustrating.
EoSD: 2nd favorite. Just a shame Rumia has no connection to what's going on.
PCB: I suck at this one. I can't get myself to work on it, and I don't particularly care.
IN:Mokou and Marisa are two of my favorite fights in all Touhou. Rest is meh.
PoFV: Fun, but not a big part of my Touhou experience.
STB: Frustrating as fuck, but fun concept.
MoF: 3rd favorite. Best connection of music, atmosphere, graphics, and story. Shame the gameplay just wasn't quite up to snuff.
SA: Favorite. Utsuho and Koishi are the best fights with the best music in Touhou. Were I trapped on a desert island with only one game to play, this would be it.
UFO: Goddamn point items errrywhere. Woulda been fun without the UFO gimmick.
GFW: Well-executed game.
TD: Very meh music so far, but looking forward to the rest of it.
Fighting games: Indifferent, but I do like Suika as a character. Like to see more of her.

>> No.7650096

PC-98 Didn't play yet
EOSD Cool music and characters but mediocre gameplay
PCB Nice but not spectacular but borders were a cool feature
IN Awesome amount of characters and game modes, sometimes a little too fast but still fairly easy.
POFV Cool idea but with lots of technical difficulties. Should make a improved sequel.
MOF Plain, no gimmicks but solid gameplay.
SA Super hard but awesome boss fights. Only one I can't even beat on normal.
UFO The UFO system is rather annoying but apart from that solid game. Best graphics and feel of flying.
TD Intersting, let's wait for the full game.

Fighting games very fun but I suck at them. Maybe I should put in more effort.
STB/DS Nice idea but very rage inducing, still like to play them every once in a while.
FW Kind of like DS put into a regular game. Good fun.

>> No.7650124

UFO owns

>> No.7650136

PC-98: Will try soon.
EoSD: hitbox where, I can't take it Normal like this.
PCB: Okay I guess, but the only two battles I really like are Youmu and Yukari and I haven't even gotten to Yukari... yet.
IN: Teaches bad manners. The only Touhou where I could do Extra. Fuck Fujiyama Volcano.
PoFV: Too. Fucking. Random. And unbalanced in PvP, too. Still somehow manages to be fun.
MoF: Too easy. Everyone needs to be harder except for Kanako who neats to autism her cards down.
SA: Fun, challanging, love it but die too soon and have problems learning anything in this one.
UFO: Annoying system. Oh, so fucking annoying it is. I don't like the new characters, they are far too retarded. But I love the shot types, they are balanced here.
TD: Cool shot types but fuck those life spirits
GFW, IaMP, SWR: Great games, but the learning curve could be steeper.
STB, DS: Grinding, but also takes the least time to try out if I am in the mood.

>> No.7650141
File: 12 KB, 267x332, 1311367874741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any Touhou: Autism

>> No.7650142

>>7650136
there is a hitbox patch for EoSD

>> No.7650162

TH1-4: Not very remarkable
MS: Solid enough.
EoSD: Weird hitboxes and deathbomb interval. Patterns are okay except S5.
PCB: Pretty good, cool music.
IN: Memorization fest, boring music.
PoFV: Good to play every once in a while.
MoF: See PCB.
SA: Hard at first, gets very easy later on. Danmaku is slightly uninspiring.
UFO: Best everything. The UFO system is not that bothersome, grab every red that floats toward you, get Lunatic 1cc.
10D: Harder than SA. Better than everything before MoF.
GFW: Most fun game in the series.
StB-DS: Decent but also frustrating.
SWR-UNL: Pretty fun for a spin-off.
IaMP: Overrated hipster tourneyfag game.

>> No.7650165

>>7650162
Do you have a replay of said UFO Lunatic 1cc?

>> No.7650169

pc98, ms is great fun, great music too, haven't played the others yet
eosd, fun game, great music, don't like the extra life system and pointsparking
pcb, superb music. first one i played, still one of my favourites, marisab is a bit too nerfed though
in, fun too, amazing extra stage music, a bit too easy perhaps, magic team is still a bit too weak (or maybe more like border team is too strong perhaps)
pofv, hate the charge system, decent pastime, one of the weaker releases
mof, really like this game, great music too! 3op laser is a bit unbalanced, bomb system makes it slightly too easy maybe
sa, this game would be great if magic team didn't have the stupid spreadshot while focused, that autocollect is a nice feature, if it wouldn't make me suicide with overgrazing, great music too! shame about the shotmechanic, would be one of my favourites if marisab would work normally
ufo, bleh, music is bleh, ufo's are bleh, at least marisa got her laser and spark again, great paper doll art too! would probably be a fun game if the music would'nt disappoint me this much

>> No.7650170

>>7650162
>IaMP: Overrated hipster tourneyfag game.
it's very fun to watch, shut your mouth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOtVgXsuzY

>> No.7650175

>>7650165
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=9777

>> No.7650184

>>7650170
I prefer watching kai in action, myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-w439M6qsc

>> No.7650201

>>7650142
That would make it too easy though. It's meant to be played without it and you should be able to manage if it's my first game. The problem is it isn't mine.

>> No.7650209

PC-98: Really hard
EoSD: Possible but very fucking hard
PCB: Close to impossible
IN: Extremely tough
MoF: Impossible
SA: Impossible
UFO: Impossibly hard
TD: Hard

>> No.7650211

PC-98: MS was alright, the rest were bland and shitty compared to the modern ones.
EoSD: Okay, but not fun enough to keep me playing after clearing Extra.
PCB: Fun but too easy, even on Phantasm/Lunatic.
IN: Personal favorite thanks to the music and last words. Easier than a lot of shmups, but still challenging enough to be entertaining (it wasn't nearly as easy as PCB).
PoFV: Significantly improved over the older PoDD. Fun to play with friends or for a change of pace.
MoF: The most graphically pretty of them all, although it isn't quite as fun as most of the others.
SA: Difficult yet still fun.
UFO: Least favorite. It's difficult, but only because of the shitty UFO system.
TD: Although not as bad as the UFO system, the spirit and trance systems are still pretty lame. Overall it still looks okay.
GFW: Good overall. The normal game is decent, but the Extra stage is easily my favorite of them all.
STB, DS: Not bad, but trying the same spellcards over and over does get old. Too much trial and error.
IaMP: No. Little gameplay variety and balance issues that make MvC2 look polished.
SWR/Hisoutensoku: Not my favorite fighters, but at least they're quite entertaining with friends.

>> No.7650218

There's no way most of you are regulars.

>> No.7650234

>>7650175
awkward stages, excellent boss fights (although you gotta admit that your last two deaths on shou are comedy gold)

kudos.

>> No.7650236

>>7650218
>Your opinion sucks.
I see.

>> No.7650241
File: 24 KB, 239x319, 1311370266729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HRtP: Not really a fan. It's entertaining, but too difficult to make the ball move correctly and not interesting enough to make me want to learn how.
SoEW: Dated. Hitbox is too large, though full-power attack mode does look pretty cool.
PoDD: Not a huge fan of phantasmagoria.
LLS: The first really fun game, Yuuka is an excellent fight in stage 5 and anticlimactic in 6.
MS: Good times all around. The only complaint I have is riceballbullets from nowhere.
EoSD: It's noticeably older than the other games, but still pretty good. Not really one of my top ones though.
PCB: So good, dat EVERYTHING.
IN: Spell Card Practice was horrifying amounts of fun. Character selection is excellent, though deathbomb window leaves a bit to be desired.
PoFV: see above
MoF: Bomban gaems, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. No graze was a poor decision. Overall, still good.
SA: Also dat everything, though Lunatic's stage 1 is just irritating.
UFO: What in god's name was he thinking when he made hard mode.
TD: If you're going to do hypers, don't do them like this. Ever.
GFW: It's alright. As far as bullet eating mechanics, it's only just above Ikaruga (Samidare, Kamui, RefleX, and even Daifukkatsu have it beat).
IaMP: More difficult to get into than soku. I probably should, just haven't yet.
Soku: It's pretty good, I'm not a huge fightan person but this is one of the ones I've enjoyed.
STB, DS: I've sworn these off for mental health reasons. Long story.

>> No.7650256

>>7650184
my favorite is darkman. Marisa looks so hilariously gimmicky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_WfJJer-NU#t=2m50s

>> No.7650279

>>7650175
I expected a pro who can do that without collecting any UFOs at all, but that's actually physically possible for me to do. You bombed or died in the parts I usually have trouble with, although you're really good against Ichirin&Unzan.
.....Shou killed you for cheating through her card.

>> No.7650334

HrTP: I love the idea behind it. Always been a fan of those arkanoid/brickout style games, and thought it would be cool to have a more action oriented one.
SoEW: Decent shooter
PoD.D: Pretty fun
LLS: Pretty good, the series is starting to come together
MS: Favorite STG PC98. Some of the best PC-98 music, and I like the sound of FM Synthesis.
EoSD: Best music and characters, pretty good gameplay.
PCB: One of my favorites as far as gameplay, it seems the most pure. It's everything EoSD was, but more fun. It's also one of my favorites story wise.
IaMP: Good fighter, it took my a while to favor SWR over this.
IN: Kind of a black sheep, and a little too easy. About even with PCB gameplay wise, but the addition of time and all that makes it a little less straightforward. More interesting, but less enjoyable at times.
StB: Too damn hard, don't spend a lot of time on it. Good for killing time once in a while.
10: Don't like 10+ STG's as much, and this one is kind of broken.
10.5: Pretty good, get's even better with Soku
11: Favorite Touhou since the engine changed. Improved the flaws of 10 and has the best characters since 6. Rin makes me swoon like a schoolgirl.
12: It's decent. Pretty cool story, and the UFOs element is pretty fun.
12.3: Awesome. Favorite fighter after Smash.
12.5: See 9.5. I don't even know that I've ever even played this one though.
12.8: Interesting. It's a little bit like DS/StB but much more enjoyable.
13: So far, so good. Yoshika is my second waifu.

>>reposting in this thread because I missed and posted in another, herp derp

>> No.7650353

Played one game, couldn't see why it got so famous, but appreciate fanart, fan music, and loli ecchi drawings of said franchise.

>> No.7650379

EoSD: old, slow, only a few good tracks
PCB: even slower, calm and good music
IN: most gameplay (characters, story, endings (A, B), last words), much memorization -> then easy
PoFV: broken AI, fun multiplayer
MoF: good music and graphics, too many bombs
SA: good music, much memorization -> then easy, too much streaming, doesn't require much reflex dodging skills.
UFO: TOO MANY ITEMS on the screen, can't see shit.
TD: forced way to play through the game (trance), otherwise better dodging, less memorization during bosses.
GFW: total memorization, otherwise very hard. Player is punished for his skill (not using ice whenever possible) since that = less lives. (even bombing gives lives)
IaMP, SWR: fun multiplayer, depressing multiplayer, rage-inducing multiplayer
STB, DS: very fun, but low replay value

>> No.7650391

PC-98: I've been playing Touhou for years but I have yet to touch those games. I'm just not really interested.

EoSD: One of my favorites, the first I started and 1cc'd. The engine annoys me though, unplayable without vsync patch. I like how the patterns are random, it prepared me quite well for the later games.

PCB: Love the extras, easy to play and beat. The game itself is quite fun too, and the characters are as memorable as EoSD's. Has one of my favorite OSTs.

IN: My least favorite one. The setting is meh, I dislike the characters and the patterns are bullshit. I feel people consider this game easy because of the easy death bomb and the 7 lives thing but I feel that the cards are much harder to capture than the average Touhou game. Gave me a lot of trouble 1cc'n on hard. Music is top notch though.

PoFV: Unappreciated gem. You haven't played it if you didn't try its multiplayer.

MoF: Whenever I don't know which game to play or I just want to kill time I always go for it's extra, so easy yet fun to play. Don't need to be that focused to clear it, like Flan's or Koishi's. The game itself is good, but I dislike the bomb system and despite the scoring. Best music in the series though.

SA: One of my favorites by far. Once you get good at it can be a lot of fun. Good music, patterns, scoring system and an awesome extra stage.

UFO: Fuck UFO. Why the fuck did ZUN did a hard mode be as fucking difficult as an average lunatic? Very satisfying to clear though, great themes too

FW: I feel this one is unappreciated too. I like that it gets intense really fast and Marisa is one of the best extras ZUN has made. And the music is just awesome, though I wish each fairy had her own theme.

StB/DS: Great fun, but frustrating.

>> No.7650394
File: 14 KB, 800x473, 1311372831291.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7650279
>>7650234
The Ichirin fight went smoother than I initially planned, so I guess those deaths at S5 kind of made up for that. Thanks anyway.

>> No.7650421

EoSD: A lot of fun, only touhou game I could really get my self to dedicate any significant amount of time to. Fun and memorable cast, great music.

PCB: Still fun, but everything sans the graphics felt like a step down to than EoSD. Phantasm mode was a bit unique and fun. Has Alice.

IN: Best selection of playable characters, great music.

MoF: Felt rushed, forgettable characters, characters selections were less unique than previous games due to standardized bombs. Still has a couple of good characters and tracks. Shitty bombing system.

SA: Unique character abilities were fun, some more forgettable characters. Overly hard compared to previous games and felt bland.

STB: Really fun unique gameplay.

>> No.7650437

As someone who sucks a lot at touhou games (only beaten them on normal with continue(s) so no extras), MoF is my favorite followed by PCB. People say IN is too easy, but I was most frustrated by that one than any other. It's got the parts that are too easy and then it's got parts that are just annoying that I feel I have no option but to bomb through. SA is much harder, but I feel less frustrated by it.

>> No.7650448
File: 31 KB, 535x306, 1311374708218.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>implying anyone would read your wall of text and care about your opinion
/jp/ - blog culture

>> No.7650453

PC-98: I've only extensively played Mystic Square and it's really fun, if tough to follow compared to the windows games. Some of the music here blows newer zunthemes away.

EoSD: Best overall music, best overall characters.... least favorite game. Everything gameplaywise in this game was done better in other games.

PCB: Extremely fun and memorable on all accounts, I don't think there's much that needs to be said otherwise.

IN: Probably the best game in terms of what it can offer overall. Spell practice, great extra stage, one of the better soundtracks and casts imo, great selection of playable characters... I'd say this game is my favorite.

PoFV: Cute game with a lot fun characters to pit against each other (and one un-fun one, fuckin medicine). Yama's theme. Another one of my favorites.

MoF: To be honest I find this one to be a little boring. It has enough positive aspects but overall it doesn't do as much for me.

SA: A good amount of the characters introduced were meh, and the game itself was overkill in terms of difficulty.

UFO: Lowest total number of great songs on any touhou game, but the great songs are some of my favorites. Game is very fun.

TD: Seems interesting so far. I'm not in love with the system but it's not so bad... the stages 4+ will be what make or break the game.

>> No.7650460

HRtP: Unique atmosphere, kind of interesting. Gets boring after a while.

SoEW: Bullshit mechanics are bullshit.

PoDD: Meh. More fun than PoFW.

LLS: Piss easy, fun anyway. Great music.

MS: Best of the PC-98 games, my second favourite in the whole series. Really good.

EoSD: It's okay. Haven't gotten bored of it yet despite spending quite a lot of time with it.

PCB: My favourite. Fucking beautiful in every way.

IN: See LLS, except worse music and better Extra.

PoFV: Meh.

MoF: Alright, feels underwhelming at times.

SA: Painfully difficult, glorious soundtrack.

UFO: Fuck this game. Okay at times.

TD: Girls are preparing. Seems passable so far. Music's kind of underwhelming.

Fighters: Okay, not a big fan of the genre.

StB/DS: Great concept, balls hard but fun.

GFW: Not bad.

>> No.7650466

EoSD: Stage 3 makes me rage with red bullets on red background, or rainbow hypnotizing danmaku. Otherwise, game feels pretty basic to me these days and not really that memorable any more. Extra was only hard for giving you a grand total of five lives.

PCB: Still one of my favorites. Yuyuko is love. Though admittedly, stage 4 drags a bit. I still play Extra/Phantasm from time to time.

IN: Fuck the time system and the alternate paths. I'm fine with everything else. More games need more Spell Practice.

PoFV: Inferior to Twinkle Star Sprites, but still good. I prefer the fast-paced gameplay to the slower bullet hell for this type of game, I guess.

MoF: Fuck this game. Hina/Nitori/Sanae/Suwako are alright, though. Couldn't be fucked to play through Extra legitimately though, so I just went through it with MarisaBroken.

SA: AKA "Game With The Most Restarts Before End Of Stage 2," to say nothing of stages 3 and 5's frustrating difficulty (and some of Satori's Recollection cards can be a bitch). It's up there with PCB though.

UFO: Meh UFO system, meh bosses (aside from Nazrin/Kogasa). Not really memorable for me.

TD: Best stage 1 ever, 'nuff said.

Fighting games: Fun against the CPU/at casual play for me. I'm not crazy about playing this competitively though.

StB: Hate this game. I feel like I have to play for score more than survivability, yet I can't do either.

Haven't played the rest.

>> No.7650492

>>7650448
>implying we would read your 1 liner and care about your opinion
/jp/ - twitter

>> No.7650500

Currently working to 1cc all the main games on normal, only TH1 and 2 are left

HRtP: I like the mechanics, it's kinda fun, but it also trolls the shit out of me, music is pretty boring

SoEW: Hard as shit, stage 3 and 4 can go fuck themselves, didn't pay attention to the music

PoDD: Trolltastic game, only managed to 1cc it with Yumemi yet (broken, I know), some of the music is nice and I love Ellen

LLS: My first Touhou game, before I even knew what Touhou was, pretty fun, but pretty easy too, don't remember much of the music

MS: Love playing as mima, some parts are bitch hard but manageable, music is nice

EoSD: Hitbox viewer is for pussies, but vsynch patch makes this game really enjoyable, great music and danmaku

PCB: I like the shot types and some of the danmaku is nice, mainly extra stage. Music is fine, none of it is really the best but not the worst either

IaMP: What really got me into Touhou, I'm crap at it, but I love watching high level play, great music

IN: My favourite, best music, love the danmaku and I don't give a shit if it's easy (and it really is, I 1cc'ed it on hard before doing any other normal modes)

PoFV: Great to play with someone in your level, and there's always those moments when you dodge something impossible, and it feels great. Playing against the CPU is crap, though

StB: Didn't play much, I don't like the danmaku and it's pretty hard

MoF: Second best music and I love the shot types, a bit on the easy side due to bombs, but fun nontheless

SWR: Loved this and played it extensively, great system and haters can cry

SA: Great danmaku, weird but cool shot types, hard (although it was my third 1cc on normal), I love the music on this too

UFO: I like this game, but it's fucking hard. My last 1cc on normal. The music is pretty good too. Best drawing in the series, especially Reimu

>> No.7650502

Hisoutensoku: Love it and play it a lot, I'm among the top players of Brazil, can't wait for the next game

DS: Really like it, isn't as hard as StB but the danmaku is way nicer, need to play more of it

GFW: Didn't play much, the ice mechanics is cool, but I'm not really into it

TD: I dunno, the danmaku seemed pretty bland on these first three stages, the music isn't particularly great either, the shot types could be nicer, but I'll wait for the final version

>> No.7650507

PC-98: never tried, will do one day
EoSD: boring, music not so memorable, gangsta touhou
PCB: simple, balanced and good gameplay, certainly the best music for me
IN: fun but too easy
PoFV: music a bit weird compared to the other games, fun 1vs1 and have more replay value
MoF: great music with good characters, too bad the gameplay became horrible (bomb system, bad bomb, catch fragment of live)
SA: hard but challenging
UFO: boring music, gameplay frustrating because of UFO
TD: feel like it will be good like PCB
GFW, IaMP, SWR: spamspamspamspamspamspamspam, fun but frustrating A.I
STB, DS: totally not for me, i'm too bad.

>> No.7650521

HRtP: fuck Breakout
SoEW: decent fun
PoDD: kinda shitty
LLS: pretty rad, easiest game
MS: good
EoSD: decent
PCB: good
IN: I don't really like this one
PoFV: more shit
MoF: I never played this one much
SA: did not enjoy, gave up
UFO: holy shit I haven't even played this
TD demo: meh
Shoot the Bullet, Fairy Wars: didn't really get into these
everything else: did not play

>> No.7650558

>>7650334
>Always been a fan of those arkanoid/brickout style games, and thought it would be cool to have a more action oriented one.

Have you played Gunbarich?

>> No.7650981
File: 127 KB, 500x769, hong meiling kick_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7650558

Not him, but you've just given me a name to google. Thanks, Anon~

As for myself:

HRtP: Amazingly fun. Needing to control the ball adds very hectic yet rewarding gameplay. I understand why ZUN decided to go with full on shootemups in the later games, though. Bonus points for being the first appearance of Mima, though

SoEW: Needs to fucking work right on my goddamned T98-Next already. Other than that, fairly unremarkable aside from good music and MY BONES upon seeing Mima

PoDD: I like Yumemi, but that's about it. In fairness, I haven't played much of it, though

LLS: Only played it once so far. Seems kinda easy as I got to something like stage 5 on my first try on hard. Haven't played enough to form an opinion on it

MS: No opinions as I haven't played it yet

EoSD: First windows game I tried, but haven't touched it in a while. Very good music, but that's about all I can really say

PCB: Haven't played yet

IaMP: Haven't played enough to give a real opinion on it, but it's certainly more interesting to watch pros watch than UNL

IN: Haven't played yet

PoFV: Looks fun, but haven't played it yet

STB: Title theme is amazing, rest of the themes just worm their goddamn way into your head due to repetition. GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HEAD, TENGU IS WATCHING ~ BLACK EYES. Fun, though

MoF: Haven't played yet

SWR: Haven't played as much due to me getting into the fightans around the time UNL came out. The single player stories were neat, though, especially Komachi's

SA: Haven't played yet

UFO: Haven't played yet

UNL: FUCKING HONG MEILING, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A BADASS YET SO INEFFECTUAL. BEST SINGLE PLAYER STORY EVER

DS: Haven't played yet

GFW: Fun, but haven't sat down and really tried to beat it yet

>> No.7650995

>>7650241
>STB, DS: I've sworn these off for mental health reasons. Long story.

I'm interested. Explain.

>> No.7651171

PC-98: yet to try
EoSD: Perfect Freeze is PERFECT
PCB: very flowery, too easy
IN: probably best rounded overall
PoFV: TWINKLE STAR SPRITES!
MoF: screw other religions... also boring
SA: Lunatic trolls me still... I am pretty bad
UFO: too easy, its like crystal skull all over again
TD: seems alright but spirit thing seems too abusable

>> No.7651180

what IS touhou?

>> No.7651216

>>7651180
shit

>> No.7651234

HRtP: fucking sariel lunatic, god.
SoEW: fucking instant shank memorize lasers are cool.
PoDD: fucking lunatic AI cheats like a fucking boss
LLS: Cool story bro.
MS: Easiest lunatic
EoSD: Nice knocking off your own characters zunbro.
PCB: fuck yeah scoring system revolving around being unfocused all the fucking time
IN: fuck yeah fucking up my death bomb reaction time whenever I play
IaMP: fuck yeah gosu technical fighter
MoF: fuck yeah bomb spamming to complete lunatic so I feel cool on /jp/
StB: fuck yeah 9-6
SWR: fuck yeah slow untechnical fighter to cater to casuals as zun usually does
SA: lunatic is easy as fuck, still wonder why people complain about SA lunatic
UFO: biggest trolling scoring mechanic.
DS: hipster touhou bullshit
SWR-UNL: fucking overpowered okuu
Cirno'sfuckinggameIDontevenremember: Original and fun as hell, good job zun
TD: UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ UNZ I feel like TD remixes are all going to be fucking techno.

>> No.7651261

>>7651234
whoops, forgot:
PoFV: lunatic AI still cheats like a fucking boss, nothing like 6 minute 1st round matches vs shiki and still failing

>> No.7651302

>>7651261
The only way to 1cc lunatic sanely on PoFV is to use one of the AI killer characters like Medicine.

If you manage to 1cc it with one of the regular characters then you're a literal lunatic.

>> No.7651562
File: 237 KB, 800x532, 1311398551276.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HrTP: Kinda fun for a few minutes.
SoEW: Played it barely.
PoD.D: Played it barely.
LLS: Played it barely.
MS: Best of the PC98 games, nice music.
EoSD: Pic Related. Delicious music, cast and graphics.
PCB: Marked improvement over its predecessor in some departments, the music is great too. And Phantasm is my favorite Stage of all Th games.
IaMP: Played first SWR, so this wasn't too flashy. And I'm not a tourneyfag in the end, so fuck it.
IN: Spell practice needs to come back in the newer games. Too Easy, but the music is beautiful as always, the cast is interesting and the team thing was a nice addition.
StB: Too hard and my old PC could barely run it, so this is probably the Touhou game I've played the least. Someday I'll play it again.
10: I don't particularly hate MoF, but I think it's pretty boring. Some tunes were good. The cast is kinda boring too.... sorry.
10.5: TH Mugen 2.0, cool, but I'm not too much of a fan of this genre. Delicious Sprites and Music.
11: My Favorite, fucking awesome spellcards and patterns, great BGM and extra stage, one of my favorites casts.
12: One of the best, the music is as good as always. I love the cast too... fuck I love almost all casts. Byakuren's theme is my 2nd favorite.
12.3: Same as 10.5, played it so I could see Meiling expressions when she got hit.
12.5: Downloaded it and played it like 3 times. I hated Zun for making other StB
12.8: I liked the gameplay, delicious fairies and music. The Extra is very good.
13: It has potential, but the music has been "meh" so far, though.

>> No.7651639

>>7649314

Have had this thread open since the early afternoon

Been playing Shuusou Gyoku. Wow. I feel like a secondary having passed it over until now. It really is good.

Maybe the reason realizes it's any good is because it's shit up until the stage 3 boss. Then it's just short, interesting stages and furious boss fights.

The last boss is naked, what

>> No.7651689

>Highly Responsive
This game is p. cool but I'll try it later.

>Embodiment
Primitive but it must be cleared, later though

>PCB
A bit difficult but not too much, Sakuya A does makes it way less complex though.

>Immaterial
The next games are the fighting games but I'll pass, I'll play Scarlet Weather before.

>Imperishable
Best Touhou, everything there is just righteous, it's also very easy so I'll use it to graduate to normal mode.

>Phantasmagoria
Easiest Touhou by far.

>Bullet
WHAT THE FLYING FUCKING TITWIDDLES THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE AND YOU HAVE TO BE AN OBSESSIVE KOREAN TO CLEAR IT D:

>MOF
It would be pretty shit if Marisa B's power was not a huge elevating shot, I think I'll abuse the fuck out of her.

>Scarlet
Next Touhou on the list, and it will be my introduction to fighting games too.

>Subterranean
Second best Touhou, though the MOF-style power does makes it very damn difficult.

>UFO
God fucking dammit every single resource in this game is scarce as fuck D:

>Spoiler
Easier than Bullet, but still one hell of a challenge.

>Hisoutensoku
Next game on the list.

>Fairy Wars
Gimmick shooter, not gonna bother for now.

>Ten Desires
I'll have to get used to that spirit mechanic because having to move your ass upwards to gather lives and bombs can get dangerous.

>> No.7651732
File: 494 KB, 600x700, 15917224.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HRtP: A nice game, especially considering it's a HS project.
SoEW:Good game, introduces Danmaku.
PoDM: not yet
LLS: not yet
MS: not yet

EoSD: Good game considering it's ZUN's first solo project. Music's okay.

PCB: Nice game with nice music that syncs. Alice's theme was good, and the last bost fight was wonderful and the bit after beating the tree gave me goosebumps.

IN: Best game, and a personal favorite. A lot of it was easy, but that's okay. By far, the best music that gives strong sense of nostalgia. Eirin is GODLY. Mokou is beyond God status and ZUN's best creation, along with her theme and the ominous phoenix in the game. I like how he gave her her own chapter in CiaLR. Kaguya is meh, I used to like her a little.

IAMP: not yet

PoFV: I like the multiplayer, but the gameplay and music was meh. Mostly reused stuff with a new cover.

StB: Nice gameplay and nice idea. Music's good, but not really too notable, save for Wind God Girl.

MoF: Well-done game with a laid-back feel to it. Music's also well-done, especially Hina's stage.

SWR: Good game, but I think it needs more ZUNart. It somehow keeps it's Touhou-like feel even though everything's different.

SA: I like the underground theme. Characters aren't too notable, music's very good. Satori and her theme are finalboss worthy.

UFO: I didn't like this one too much. The music and the theme, it didn't have the same feel as the other games at all. It's still well-done, but just not my preference.

UNL: A nice game like SWR. I love the catfish and his theme. Very ZUN-like. Suwako and her jumping/flying is also very cute.

DS: I like it as much as StB.

FW: Good game with a good new theme and creativity to it. I hope the fanwank influence didn't make ZUN make Cirno the main, playable character. It would have been better with ZUNart though.

>> No.7651752

>>7651732
>I hope the fanwank influence didn't make ZUN make Cirno the main, playable character.

Maybe, but you also have that the game is related to the Sangetsusei manga that has been running since 2005. Cirno's popularity has certainly influenced but it wasn't the sole factor.

>> No.7651788
File: 170 KB, 394x557, 1311403346911.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PC-98: am i just bad at touhou these are really hard
EoSD: personally think it has the best patterns and characters
PCB: personally think it's the hardest cause it seems more like it spams bullets than have a pattern
IN: really easy, even I could beat extra, has a good soundtrack though
PoFV: thought it was interesting
MoF: bleh, guess it was ok
SA: favorite touhou game, also favorite soundtrack
UFO: really hard but only because i'm bad at touhou
TD: meh, guess it was ok, can't really judge from the demo though
IaMP/SWR: fun, but felt like the same game with every character (oh wait, IT WAS)
GFW: mmg
StB/DS: hmg

>> No.7651852 [DELETED] 
File: 104 KB, 595x842, 1311405116875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PC-98: Love them. Started with them. Often read Fuantei's Day Trip to Mystic Square before playing because Shinki inflames my [spoilermazaru kompurekusu[/spoiler]
EoSD: Ugly as sin and the controls feel kind of dodgy even with the v-patch. It's kind of hard to imagine that this game started the Touhou craze.
PCB: ZUN's best, IMO. The beautiful colour palette makes up for the shitty art. The patterns are great, the characters are great, and it's really the only Touhou with a touching storyline.
IN: Excellent, but doesn't really... feel like Touhou. Kind of hard to describe. You can't beat IN through reflex alone, you have to understand the attacks beforehand.
PoFV: Didn't enjoy it.
MoF: STAGE 6 MAZARU
SA: Very hard. It took me six months to 1cc on Normal after 1cc'ing everything else on Normal.
UFO: Byakuren is too young to be a mazaru. She needs to come back when she has laugh lines.
TD: Smooth as butter. Characters seem poorly balanced, but the music is stellar. My biggest complaint is... why has ZUN's art gotten ugly again? It was so good in UFO.
IaMP/SWR: Not a fighting game guy.
StB/DS: My body is not ready.

>> No.7651857
File: 93 KB, 850x600, 1311405186214.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PC-98: Love them. Started with them. Often read Fuantei's Day Trip to Mystic Square before playing because Shinki inflames my mazaru kompurekusu
EoSD: Ugly as sin and the controls feel kind of dodgy even with the v-patch. It's kind of hard to imagine that this game started the Touhou craze.
PCB: ZUN's best, IMO. The beautiful colour palette makes up for the shitty art. The patterns are great, the characters are great, and it's really the only Touhou with a touching storyline.
IN: Excellent, but doesn't really... feel like Touhou. Kind of hard to describe. You can't beat IN through reflex alone, you have to understand the attacks beforehand.
PoFV: Didn't enjoy it.
MoF: STAGE 6 MAZARU
SA: Very hard. It took me six months to 1cc on Normal after 1cc'ing everything else on Normal.
UFO: Byakuren is too young to be a mazaru. She needs to come back when she has laugh lines.
TD: Smooth as butter. Characters seem poorly balanced, but the music is stellar. My biggest complaint is... why has ZUN's art gotten ugly again? It was so good in UFO.
IaMP/SWR: Not a fighting game guy.
StB/DS: My body is not ready.

>> No.7651875

EoSD: FUCKING PATCHOULISTOP
PCB: FUCKING YOUMU AND REFLOWERINGSTOP
IN: FUCK YES SPELLCARD PRACTICE YOU ARE THE BEST IDEA EVER
PoFV: Spend 10 minutes against ~eiki, lose anyway. Try again, she dies in 29 seconds.
MoF: Boring and plain but it's not so har- FUCKING KANAKOSTOP. And a mad retarded scoring system
SA: Real turrible scoring system. Even worse shot-type selection than MoF
UFO: FUCKINGMURASASTOP WHY DO YOU HAVE A SURVIVAL CARD. UFO's are the worst game mechanic in the history of everything.
TD: Has potential

>> No.7651883

>>7651875
>TD: Has potential
I'm too much of a baby to give up deathbombing, i'm not going to enjoy it but i'm still going to play the shit out of it.

>> No.7651904

>>7651883

A lot of people don't like the loss of deathbombing, I think I'll live with it just for that delicious Youmu shot type. I'm going to slash slash slash everything to death except for Yoshika's first spellcard because that'll just time it out.

>> No.7651920

>>7651875
>Sucks at Patchouli
>Sucks at Youmu
>Thinks Spell Card Practice is a good thing
>Sucks at Kanako somehow
>Thinks a straight-laced chaining scoring system is bad
>Thinks a graze-based scoring system is bad
>Sucks at Murasa
>Thinks UFOs are a bad mechanic

wow you are just really bad

>> No.7651924

EosD: Great cast, music, and difficulty. My personal favorite.
PCB: The Youmu and Yukari parts are the only things that stick out to me.
IN: Well rounded
PoFV: Really fun
STB: Awesome concept, but it makes me too angry.

>> No.7651926
File: 1.94 MB, 2304x1344, 1311406572887.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7651920
But spell card practice is a good thing. After you 1cc the respective difficulty, of course, not before, that's just silly.

>> No.7651943

PC-98: They are good, I just don't play them often.
EoSD: WHY IS THIS SO HARD!? IS NOT THAT DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS!
PCB: Perfect music, I love the spring effect, I love the characters, I love the mechanic, my second favorite. Fuck Ran, though.
IN: I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME GOD WHY IS THIS SO PERFECT EVERYTHING IS SO PERFECT.
PoFV: Good, I can play with Udonge, but I got bored after a while.
MoF: Why is this so easy? Why are the bombs so ugly? At least is fun and the music is awesome- Fuck yeah Kanako!, it's so fun to fight against you!
SA: Awesome, but fuck the entire Stage 5. I really like the "special hability" characters and stuff. Fuck yeah Ooku! You're even better than Kanako! I love all of your stupid spell cards!
UFO: FUCK THE UFOS FUCK THEM...on the other side, I really love the characters, specially Byakuren and Kogasa, and the extra stage is fun as hell, i've never had so much fun playing an extra.
TD: I have faith.
FW: Pretty fun, It's so much fun and I finally can freeze bullets with Cirno. I love the characters and the designs are kinda refreshing...but fuck the game, I cleared everything and I still can't play the EX.

Fighting Games: Fun and addicting, but after some time, I just don't give a fuck.
StB and DS: They're really fun, but it's frustrating to die 200 times just to capture one spell card.

>> No.7651960

Speaking as somebody who has to practice individual games for hours a day for weeks to beat them on Normal:

EoSD: The only Windows game without a decimal I haven't beaten. I like the characters, but the music and bullet patterns mostly didn't grab me.
PCB: Overall fairly easy... but Yuyuko fucking curbstomps me. I lose less lives in the entire rest of the game on Normal than I do against Yuyuko on Easy. Has a few good themes, but not many standouts.
IN: Best music, no contest. I like how most bosses have a unique gimmick, which doesn't really seem to pop up in the other games much. It's in a weird place where I feel like a lot of the spell cards are more difficult than comparable ones in most other games in this range, but the longer deathbomb window makes it easier overall.
PoFV: Fuckin' weird. Only one I've ever 1CC'd on Normal. I don't play it much, because I hate mashing Z.
MoF: I dunno how it is on higher difficulties, but this is the easiest one for me on Easy/Normal. I went 'eh, guess I'll start MoF today' and proceeded to 1CC it on Easy on my first try, which usually at least takes some practice.
SA: Okuu is my favorite final boss fight, and simultaneously the one I have the most trouble with after Yuyuko. Her theme and Yuugi's stage theme are two of my favorite pieces of music in the series. Other than Okuu and Yuugi, most of the characters are forgettable.
UFO: Don't like the UFO gimmick, don't care for any of the characters except Kogasa and Murasa, none of the music really does anything for me.

>> No.7651962

>>7651920
Patchouli falls into the general category of Stage 4 bosses with spells that are way harder than later ones. Murasa isn't that hard for me, but Survival Card + Bad at UFO's + Starting Stage Over on Continue + HUGE Gap Jump in difficulty between Normal and Hard is just fucking stupid.

You have 10 seconds to give me a good reason why spell card practice is a bad thing that doesn't involve the word Casual.

Mountain of Faith punishes you way too hard for a single death. I also think not being able to PoC because you might have a Faith-less stretch is poor design, but that's more of an opinion.

Graze-based scoring in SA is not bad, and I love the autocollect. Fully resetting your multiplier on death is.

UFO's would not be bad if a blue popping up on screen didn't mean "Dodge me or lose half a life or a full bomb!"

>He's so bad that he can't play exclusively with blues to maximize score!

>> No.7651976

>>7651962
It's your own problem if you judge UFO on incomplete criteria.

>> No.7651979

HRtP: FF. Opening of the series. Old and boring.

SoEW, PoDM: FF2, FF3. Nothing good. Nobody cares.

LLS, MS: FF4, FF5. Old school players like them.

EoSD: FF6. Old school players think this is the best.

PCB: FF7. Babbies's first game to the series. Good all around. Large fanbase.

IAMP: FFT. It's good but new players hate it because it's old.

IN: FF8. Hit and miss. Some people think it is the best. Some hate it because it is too easy and the plot is shit.

PoFV: FF9. Return to the old school. Bombed. Only a few players like it.

StB: FF7CC. New game mechanics. Some like it, some don't.

MoF: FF10. New graphics. Start the shitty style for the series.

SWR: FFTA. New players and kids like it.

SA: FF11. Some people love it. Some hate it because it requires too much effort to play.

UFO: FF12. Nothing's good. Shitty game mechanics.

UNL: FFTA2. A little better.

DS: FF7DoC.

FW: FF12RW.

10D: FF13. Fuck this shit.

>> No.7651986
File: 148 KB, 296x277, 1311408686372.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>UNL

also, fuck this thread and everyone in it.

>> No.7651998

>>7651986
Then please, grace us with your opinion, oh all-knowing master of Touhous, so that we may know the proper way to enjoy games about little girls shooting lasers at each other.

>> No.7652004

>>7651976
+ Great Shot/Bomb-type selection
+ Good music
+ Interesting bosses

= Huge difficulty gap between Normal and Hard
= Ex-Kogasa
= Forced choice between Lives, Bombs, and Score

- Too punishing for grabbing a wrong-color UFO
- Too much power lost on death
- Continues force you to restart stage, keeping you using Practice mode

>> No.7652015

TH1-5 I should get to play these more
TH6 boring shit that kills me
TH7 mediocre all around
TH8 same as 7 but better visuals
TH9 pretty good
TH10 too easy with bombspam, randomly dying to bulltets that should have passed
TH11 great music, difficulty suited for bombspam
TH12 great music, ufos kill people
TH13demo fucking gay somehow. (I'm just mad I cant do shit on hard-lunatic still)

STB/DS great patterns and music
Fairy Wars great patterns and music

>> No.7652037
File: 61 KB, 640x480, 1311410766803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7651639
ZUN approved nudity is best.
also, music originated here which most fans never knew. Dichromatic Butterfly, bitch

>> No.7652057

>>7651986
This post serves only to void your sage.

>> No.7652094

PC-98: Will try never probably
EoSD: Worst music, good characters
PCB: Great music, pretty easy, crazy scoring system. Some of the cast is forgettable but others are some of the best. Great story.
IN: Best cast of playable characters, and best use of focus. Best music. Easy, but good for beginners.
PoFV: Worst gameplay. Decent cast of playables.
MoF: Worst game. Boring cast, boring story. Suffers from the change to bombs. Reducing cast was a good idea taken too far.
SA: Best villian. Good music. Forgettable characters other than Rin and Utsuho. Options result in some of the most fun gameplay.
UFO: Very fun, good music. UFO system is interesting but takes away from the game if you focus on it too much.

>> No.7652098
File: 715 KB, 1399x1348, 1311412930762.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7652111
File: 289 KB, 800x759, 1311413608884.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7651926
My main gripe with it is that it encourages aimless grinding. For challenges and the like, yes it's nice to have. But it gives people the excuse to just grind away at a card until it's trivial. However, that in part is also due to the individual spell card designs possibly being trickier to figure out. Int hat regard, Spell Card Practice is also an excuse to make gimmicky-as-shit and static cards and just generally be super lax on design as "hey, they can just practice it to learn". Which is also a fault because then once you learn it it's dumb and boring. In addition, and more personally, I think it's a much better idea for people to practice whole stages, or even whole bosses at the very least. It gives a much more realistic impression of how the game will treat you in a real run, and when faced against cards that aren't recommended to grind through (i.e. cards that actually test your dodging skill rather than you doing the whole thing on reflex or whatever). Aaaanyways.

>> No.7652124
File: 420 KB, 800x1000, 1311414105964.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7652111 cont

>>7651962
>Murasa isn't that hard for me, but Survival Card + Bad at UFO's + Starting Stage Over on Continue + HUGE Gap Jump in difficulty between Normal and Hard is just fucking stupid.
Except her survival card follows a set pattern and is much easier than her third non and Deep Vortex. What's the matter with survivals?
Bad at UFOs is just you needing practice. Restarting stage I cover down this post. The difficulty jump between Normal and Hard is just the same as between Hard and Lunatic. You want Normal to be harder? You want an extra Babby difficulty?

>Mountain of Faith punishes you way too hard for a single death.
Are you playing for a WR? If you're actually trying for a stupidly high score then naturally you don't want to die ever even if it punished you less. It's no different if the actual number difference was small or huge, since the requirements to be the best, relative to your peers, are the same. If the scores around your area are runs in which there are no deaths (due to the punishment for dying), then you should be going for no deaths. "Punishes you too hard" is just a complaint that arises from your score being way under what it would have been if you hadn't screwed up, regardless of the fact that it was you who screwed up. If your main source of score was taken from two different mechanics, one being just as easy to mess up as the other but lowered your score much more drastically, then you might have a point.

>Graze-based scoring in SA is not bad, and I love the autocollect. Fully resetting your multiplier on death is.
Same as above. Everything in linked together and comes down to you collecting items at max value. If you really want to score, then just don't die. The standard is that you don't die. So don't.

>> No.7652128
File: 380 KB, 800x957, 19347512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7652124 cont

>UFO's would not be bad if a blue popping up on screen didn't mean "Dodge me or lose half a life or a full bomb!"
Stop sucking at the game.

>>7652004
>Too punishing for grabbing a wrong-color UFO
Only if you refuse to make rainbow UFOs, which if filled will leave you with two new UFOs of your choice.

>Too much power lost on death
Not the greatest design choice, especially early on when the game doesn't shit items, but that's what rainbow UFOs are there for in part:
to boost your power. Your fault for sticking to a predetermined route and refusing to budge from it.

>Continues force you to restart stage, keeping you using Practice mode
Arguably a better decision than letting you continuespam to clear without getting better on the parts you actually need to get better at. If you just continue at the same spot, you don't get to improve, or learn anything from your failure. If you're forced into a pseudo Practice mode then you have the chance to actually get better. Rather than the earlier games letting you clear the game with no effort, MoF to UFO help you 1cc and ultimately get better. Maybe if you're a guy that can't clear the game without using multiple credits. Pretty much the only reason ZUN gave it back in 10D was because the opposing argument is "but you already have a Practice mode" and because people are whiners and don't understand when they're given tools to succeed. I hope ZUN handles Spell Practice a bit better.

>> No.7652228
File: 715 KB, 700x700, 1311416507944.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7652128
some people don't want to get better at the game, they're just interested in the content and don't mind throwing in a couple of credits. No need to grind like a faggot.

touhou being an easy and accessible shmup is one of its strongest points in my book.

>> No.7652256

>>7652228
but I dont think I could ever get me to care about those people.

>> No.7652260

PC-98: Relatively easy. Bullets need to be a different color than the backdrops.
EoSD: Fuck you books. 's alright.
PCB: Fuck you Lily. 's alright.
IN: Best character interactions, doesn't rape me the first ten times through. easy.
PoFV: Kept playing it to unlock more and more characters. The Yama is a unlikable jerk.
MoF: Eh.
SA: GOD TIER
UFO: Fuck you UFOs. Fuck your lasers, too. Final boss kind of a letdown after the buildup.
TD: Looks like it'll be good.
Fightans: My touhou beats up your touhous except they didn't
STB, DS: WHY

>> No.7652313

>>7650558
No, I haven't. Looks pretty cool though, I'll check it out. Thanks.

>> No.7652322
File: 16 KB, 200x200, 1311419019789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7652313
also look up Shatter. the music is some of the best I ever heard.

>> No.7652325

>>7652322
argon refinery all day erryday

>> No.7653170

>>7652228
>I suck at the game, don't want to get better and I don't care about the people who do want to get better; all mechanics should give me an advantage or else they're shit, even though I don't take the game seriously whatsoever, yet I'm still going to complain about things just because I'm a dick with a self-entitlement complex

>> No.7653326

>>7653170
No idea who're you quoting

>> No.7653344

HRtP: Shit
SoEW: Not horrible but not very good either
PoDD: Not nearly as good as PoFW but not too bad
LLS: Good
MS: Good
EoSD: Better than PC-98, but not as good as its sequels
PCB: Fantastic music, fantastic gameplay
IaMP (and all fighting games): Indifferent