[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 2.27 MB, 1203x1599, 1324334644765.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8631429 No.8631429 [Reply] [Original]

Does /jp/ ever fantasize about meeting someone from /jp/ during a rare outing? Sitting in a library and see someone next to you browsing and awkwardly trying to keep the screen not visible to others. Then talking about the kind of threads you read, or your favorite VN's and Doujins. Then you become best friends and start to live together and never have to be alone again.

>> No.8631434

>>8631429
Nothing's better than living alone for a /jp/er.

Now onii-chan, head back to >>>/a/ ``please''.

>> No.8631472

No. You are just a closet normal who wants friends and a social life, but you think it's okay if you dress it up with "lol we play teh VN together".

>> No.8631479

>>8631429
If there is anyone worth talking to, ever, they probably have an internet connection and know exactly where to find me. I'm not out for real-life friends.

>> No.8631486

No. I really love living alone.

>> No.8631490

I don't get why you would need real life companions, /jp/ is more than sufficient. I enjoy being alone and from what I understand /jp/ does too.

>> No.8631501

I suspect I did the a couple of days ago. They go on /a/ at the very least, we didn't have time to go into these hobbies though.

I don't particularly go out of my way to make friends with everyone and I am perfectly content to be alone, but if I have a chance encounter with a nice person I'm not going to reject the situation. I think rejecting possible friendships because you've built an identity around being "not normal" is actually very normal.

>> No.8631502

would they suck my cock, dude?

>> No.8631504

>>8631472
But I want to be normal, and no one shares my hobbies so I can't.

>> No.8631505

>>8631501

>I think rejecting possible friendships because you've built an identity around being "not normal"

Wow. This is why normals think we do it?

Amazing.

>> No.8631513

The only person who does anything on the internet that I "know" (she talks to me in class) is a reddit user and a female. I thank god she understands not to use memes in public.

>> No.8631515

>>8631505
To be fair, it is very possible that that is the reason some of us have done it, but not consciously. I'm not saying it is the only reason, it's perfectly valid to want to be a pure little girl while enjoying being forever alone just because that's who you are, too.

>> No.8631522

>>8631505
I'm not saying to become friends with idiots for no reason. I'm saying rejecting nice people you could actually get a long with IN ORDER to hold your identity as someone who isn't normal, is normal. In the way a normal accepts standard societal norms etc. It's just replacing one cultural value with another.

I'm not accusing anyone of doing this and I completely understand some people honestly want to be alone. I'm not being critical of that either.

I hope that makes sense.

>> No.8631530

I don't want to talk about baseball or Jersey shore. Why can't people with my interests live around me? I don't want to go to cons to meet them, since those aren't the people who are into my hobbies, just the same people I don't want to talk to looking for sex with sluts dressing up as characters that they don't know where they originated from.

>> No.8631536

>>8631530
Not everyone goes to cons to have sex with sluts.

Just a fairly large percentage.

>> No.8631545

OP's pic reminds me, where can I get games like that? The only one I can recall is Princess Maker 2.

>> No.8631549

>>8631530
Like what? How you fuck girl A in nukige #1234 or how moe that girl is in anime #1234?
Some hobbies are just meant to be consumed alone. Imagine how awkward it would be to play eroge or read doujin together. There is always /jp/ and I guess it would be fun to play fightan and mahjong in real life but it is not worth the effort.

>> No.8631547

>>8631530
Con goers are just ugly people who are also normalfags and attention whores. There is no reason to look for a real life person like yourself because there are plenty of people who are like you on the internet.

>>8631515
The thing is when you get along with someone they want to spend time with you and get closer. I have gotten along with plenty of people but it is hard to set up boundaries. I like acquaintances you do a little stop and chat with then be on your way.

>> No.8631550

>>8631522
>>8631515

I don't have friends because I can't step outside my house without feeling like I'm going to faint.

Rejecting interaction to avoid being "normal" is poser behaviour. It probably exists but please don't paint /jp/ with that brush.

>> No.8631565

I wish I could find someone with my mindset to talk to. At first we would talk a lot about VNs and manga. Then we would hardly talk ever until a new VN translation gets released, or we discover an interesting manga. Just knowing I am not alone in what I like would be good. No homo. Although a female version of yourself is the perfect partner.

>> No.8631568

Oh yes let me tell you /jp/. I pretend to be a complete loser to be cool and fit in with you guys. I wouldn't want to look "normal" after all! It's not like I could lie on the internet or anything!

what dumbass even implied that? Not gonna bother to search for his asshead post.

>> No.8631586

>>8631550
I'm the guy who said this stuff to begin with. It would be naive to think some on here aren't posers, unfortunately. Very unfortunately.

Now to be perfectly honest with you, I dropped out of school at 14 from depression and severe anxiety. It wasn't until nearly 11 years after that I got "better" and I don't mean to imply there is anything wrong with having these "problems" either. It's hard to find words that don't imply a negative connotation. I hope that makes sense and sorry it is convoluted. And honestly, for me to get "better" I had an ego-death experience that forced me to accept a different set of values after I nearly went insane. Oddly my anxiety basically disappeared in light of that. So I am trying to be sympathetic.

I'm just sort of annoyed people would be posers about this type of thing.

>> No.8631597

>>8631568
You think EVERY misanthropic NEET is actually NEET and has no friends on here? Seriously?

>> No.8631602

>>8631597
No, I think they can lie about it online rather easily. This guy is implying people carry that over into real life and try to act like a loner on purpose to fit in with an internet board.

>> No.8631607

>>8631597
It is pretty obvious that most people on /jp/ lead a double life out there.
Normal by day, NEET loser by night.

Having these kind of hobbies aint exactly something that you can just boast around or be proud. These kind of mentality are what the congoers actually have.

>> No.8631618

No. I just learnt Japanese and made Japanese friends. Just earlier this month I met a Japanese guy on the plane and we talked about Tera and Touhou and exchanged contact details.

>> No.8631627

>>8631602
I am that guy. This is all hard to explain really.

Look at it this way, and I'm not implying you or anyone else is doing this (but I suspect some might), it is easier to reject people and situations before they have a chance to reject you. So, think of a closet normal, they reject possible friendships and things they may actually want and use "not being normal" as a way of justifying it. This probably isn't a conscious thing. And really, some people probably do what I first said. People do stupid things. Normal people accept awful shit like working pointless jobs they hate for little to no money, they feel like they are a failure in other peoples eyes instead of living by their own values etc etc etc. I'm saying it isn't unimaginable SOME people on here do the same thing. Not you, not the people who actually aren't normal or have so-called "issues." Just some people.

>> No.8631670

I actually might know one. I don't know if he browses /jp/ but some other imageboards he does browse.

If i ever caught him browsing /jp/ i would probably begin to laugh uncontrollably i can imagine the spasm that i would have. Though I'm not sure if i should tell him that i browse it everyday too. But probably for different reasons.

>> No.8631742

It doesn't have to be from /jp/. In fact, a) it'd be more or less impossible in my country, and b) I wouldn't like to meet somebody from /jp/ in real life.
But anyways, even if I found someone who seemed somewhat interesting, I wouldn't know how to approach them. "Hi, I'm Anon"? I wouldn't even go near there.
Right now, for example, in a little language course I'm taking, (not college or anything), I found a girl who knows at least a bit of Chinese, and I mean hanzi, not just saying "Ni hao, xie xie XDD". What the fuck could I do? "Is that Chinese? I know a bit of Japanese myself. Not the same thing, but close enough. Would you like to have some Eastern adventures with me? Come on, you could tell me about the umpteen pronounciations of the newest character you learn, and I could share the latest bastardized loanwords I read in my エロゲー!".
No... just no. I have lost the knowledge about how to approach people (or rather, I think I never had it), and I don't plan to do what try what I have no idea how to.

>> No.8631747

>>8631742
>and I don't plan to do what try what I have no idea how to.
Shit. "And I don't plan to try doing what I have no idea how to."

>> No.8631755
File: 57 KB, 434x426, 1295207031477.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"Fantasize" is little too strong a word, but yes. I wouldn't mind meeting one of you pasty social outcast group of metafags and punching you in your ugly mugs.

>> No.8631758

Jesus, no.

>> No.8631761

>>8631429
Hell no. I like living alone. Why would I want to share a house/apartment?

>> No.8631763

I know someone who mainly browses /k/ but pops in /jp/ from time to time.

>> No.8631779

No, living alone is awesome. I love getting disability and spending it all on shit that doesn't matter and living in my small apartment. You guys would probably end up stabbing me to death like half the fuck heads outside want to do to me.

Perfectly content with living alone and playing video games and working out all day.

>> No.8632591

We need to make a map of where /jp/ lives. It'll be anonymous though, so it's okay. Just to make sure that if I do wonder if someone is from /jp/, it's a wonder with a basis.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action