[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 589 KB, 1920x886, stars.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12781459 No.12781459 [Reply] [Original]

this is going to sound retarded as fuck and probably going to get deleted, but i needed to share this with you guys
there's this youtube guy who's going around talking with people in vrchat and it's really one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen

i'm posting it here because i feel that literature is essentially about experiencing our own humanity, and, retarded as it may sound, this guy talking with anime girls online really is getting to show true sincerity in other people

please do yourself a favour and check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iH_t4mIIo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWOXgc7PA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju5ZD0yUKec

>> No.12781474

>>12781459
Not /lit/ you fucking faggot. Go read Stoner or The Idiot.

>> No.12781539

I'm going to read some Pessoa, cry and go to sleep. Please do look at this thread, anons.
>>12781474
sorry, anon
i just wanted to share it with you guys

>> No.12781559

>>12781459
>>12781539
This is interesting, anon; I've actually stumbled upon some of his videos a while back. The thing with this content is that - sorry to disappoint - it's not going to last long. You may even take one advice or two but, in the end, it's just going to narrow down as shallow inspirational stuff from the internet, like you always see floating around Facebook or some other social media.
The best way to experience your own humanity is to actually live. You will not get much from recommended YouTube videos, trust me. We have all been there.
The best advice I could give is learn how to have balance. I have not applied this to my whole life but it works like a charm in the few things I did apply it; the balance principle can be passed as simply as "know what works and what does not".
For some, I may sound dumb to post such a thing in a not so serious board, but I have been the type of guy that goes on to 4chan archives just to find any piece of wisdom or advice I could take to my everyday life. I have never stumbled upon such a thing, and I do not think going through YouTube videos might do it either.
One thing I can tell you is that what I said in the middle of this post: go out, listen to yourself. You will maybe even find some good stuff.
I know very well this sounds generic, but I truly do not care. I do not feel the urge to just help random people out of nowhere, but I would not want any other person to go through something as painful as a search without resolution. Thanks for reading.

>> No.12781864
File: 554 KB, 1920x1080, F1C01111-FF2D-4489-8E5A-8DD0572DD9C1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12781459
I’ll bump your thread, anon
I liked the videos

>> No.12782089

>>12781459
Human stories are human stories. A person speaking about themselves on even the trashiest most exploitative reality TV program can still be affecting, there’s still signs of life there. I don’t know how much you can take from it though, apart from some food for thought and emotional resonance. I find ‘life lessons’ sold and packaged as such are strangely non-digestive.

Anyway I came into this thread with a hostile attitude wanting to shit on stuff so I will. Ukulele music while kid talk about being bullied annoying. Forced interpretation, synthetic emotion. Any sensation of verisimilitude, like having a real conversation, is raped and destroyed by that. This guy also sells these convos like a product. I don’t mean to be totally cynical but it’s basically his channel’s gig now. This koala talking about his girlfriend’s pet cat dying in a washing machine will make you cry and rethink life.

>> No.12782208

its ok. would prefer watching this after a 6 hour stint inna care home baking into a sofa with 8 other patients.

rec waking life and slacker