[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 253 KB, 1600x1200, Chasing-A-Snack-Red-Fox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1284924 No.1284924 [Reply] [Original]

Every time I go to /lit/ and see shitty tripfags posting I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and want to discuss books. Then I come back and repeat the process.

Just thought you'd know. You should do the same. Then they can sit here and argue with each other and never talk about anything new.

>> No.1284927
File: 4 KB, 240x159, TyBrax18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>/lit/ has shitty tripfags and want to discuss books
Good grief. And on a literature board to boot!

I agree OP fuck all these shitty tripfags, including myself & all the anons that are discussing books on here.

CANT YOU GUYS JUST TALK ABOUT SOMETHING >>>/NEW/?

>> No.1284928

It's alright, you can come back now.

>> No.1284937

>mfw this thread is a great way to attract tripfags

>> No.1284944

>>1284927
OP meant that he comes back to /lit/ after he forgets that it has 'shitty tripfags' and when *he* wants to discuss books.

>> No.1284963
File: 12 KB, 251x251, STFIS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1284965

>>1284927
A dipshit tripfag that fails at reading comprehension. Why am I not surprised?

OP is correct in his sentiments and it's actually the same reason why I haven't frequented /lit/ much recently; because every time I desire to discuss books I'm subjected to this facebook imitation bullshittery instead.

>> No.1284971

>>1284965
>A dipshit tripfag that fails at reading comprehension
lol at this coming from anon. i read it right dipshit.

>> No.1284976

>>1284971
No you didn't you faggot. OP clearly stated he goes to /lit/, sees shitty tripfags posting, and leaves /lit/ until he forgets it has shitty tripfags, then comes back when he feels like talking about books, just to find shitty tripfags.

Then you were all
>Imply OP is whining about people talking about books
>Fuck all these people discussing books

You aren't even fucking discussing books half the time, moron. You just whine about how no one loves you and you don't want to get laid.

Why don't you just fucking kill yourself? No one here would be sad. AMIRITE

>> No.1284991
File: 21 KB, 400x311, s.a.d.cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OK time to get fucking TOLD anons, just like the majority of the time.

>I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and want to discuss books
I wait until i forget /lit/ has tripfags *and* that they want to discuss books.

>I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and I want to discuss books
I avoid /lit/ until i forget about the tripfags & when i want to discuss books again.

Guys stop breaking my heart, do you seriously have friends irl? people actually like you idiots? do you have to fail at logic to get on with ppl? why? are any of you morons Scottish? & people here like your idiocy?

this is how we modern-english

>> No.1284998

>>1284991
lol ready to get told?

If it went down like you say it went down OP would have said:
> I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags that want to discuss books.
or
> I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags who want to discuss books.
or
> I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and wants to discuss books.

But simply
>I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and want to discuss books.

It would help to have an I before the want, yes, but it doesn't make imply that the tripfags want to discuss books unless you change the "and want"... The way it is now it doesn't make sense at all in the way you're implying it.

lern2grammar faggot

>> No.1285005

>>1284991
Also, stop being a faggot. We all know what OP meant. You're just being a baby because everyone hates tripfags and you love to troll.

>> No.1285008

>>1284998
>but it doesn't make imply that the tripfags want to discuss books
i didnt suggest that, the way it reads now suggests he waits until he forgets that */lit/* wants to discuss books, not tripfags.

>> No.1285014

>>1284998
> I quickly exit /lit/ and avoid it until I forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags and wants to discuss books
also the above is exactly what OP had apart from the fact that he treated /lit/ as plural (which many people do). you've shown that it did go down like i say in your own post.

>> No.1285017

>>1285008
>ignores all the evidence
>still is a faggot

>> No.1285025

>>1285017
see:
>>1285014

You can not win this one unless you ignore common sense, seeing as the OP has totally disregarded logic.

>> No.1285033

>>1285014
You have to make the "and want" plural as well in order to make it what you say the OP is implying. The sentence structure, although maybe a bit of a run-on is sound. Becuse shitty tripfags aren't the first subject. OP is. Therefore OP is talking about himself wanting to discuss books.

Did you even pass elementary school?

>> No.1285051

all books (the proper word is texts) are literature but not all literature is books (texts)

>> No.1285052
File: 7 KB, 211x211, TyBrax.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1285033
>Becuse shitty tripfags aren't the first subject. OP is.
in which case he would say 'i want' LIKE HE ALREADY DID BEFORE IN THE SAME FUCKING SENTENCE. based on this shit we can only conclude that he is in fact talking about /lit/.

You *CANNOT* bring this back, moran.

>> No.1285053

>Until i forget /lit/ has shitty tripfags who want to discuss books

This is the only way that what TyBrax is saying OP said would work. Anything else is a perversion of grammar.

>> No.1285058

YOU DONT HAVE TO ADD ANOTHER SUBJECT WHEN THERE IS NO COMA BEFORE THE CONJUNCTION YOU FUCKING MORON

IF YOU DO THE SENTENCE BECOMES A RUNON

>> No.1285149

>>1284991
It seems all too plausible that someone who spends an unhealthy amount of time on one of 4chan's slowest boards has a lackadaisical understanding of the English language. It would be excusable if you were an ESL, but from your incessant discussion of things nobody cares about - namely yourself - it's abundantly clear that is not the case.

Your failed attempts at defending your point are just sad at this point. Why don't you go partake in the activity this board actually exists for so you can save yourself the embarrassment of looking like an idiot in the future and actually stop shitting up this place for once?

>> No.1285159
File: 20 KB, 375x500, TyBrax2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1285149
you may have one but it was a very close call due to OPs shitty sentence structure. i will not admit defeat until d&e confirms i'm wrong.

in which case i'm glad i trolled you all, as i was only pretending.