[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 115 KB, 600x400, mfw3_2007-600x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1294841 No.1294841 [Reply] [Original]

Angsttime!
>Spend half of the year researching numerous literary sources for a national play competition
>Dedicate it to old friend of mine
>Let best friend edit it several times
>Wake up this morning to have him telling me that he wrote a play with the same character and theatrical style of absurdism
>Cold War begins between my very cultured play and his complete rip off which has little, if any, literary merit
>mfw

Any advice or similar stories, /lit/?

>> No.1294846

wow. cool choice of friends.

my having no friends trumps you in this regard

>> No.1294857

>>1294846
Not to patronize: thanks

>> No.1294860

>have friend
>he has many friends but i dont
>he ignores some of my emails
>he ignores me when i sign in to IM
>i do this to him in return
>he bitches at me for it
>he does it again
>i stop being pathetic & ignore him
>because humans are more interesting than me contact resumes only 11 months later (this month)
>i reply in a distant way ignoring final email
>now he's the one that looks pathetic
feels good, man.

but i can tell from his social networking thing that he doesnt give a fuck & is much happier & has loads of friends whereas i have none & am in counselling.

also he's a fucking confessional poet why oh why am i inferior to this?

>> No.1294915

>>1294860
I wish you luck, and as Vincent van Gogh said, keep your chin up, brother. You can talk to me.

>> No.1294929

>>1294860
well, at least you are confessional (but by any means no poet)

>> No.1294941

>>1294841
That pic is hawt....
but your friend is nawt

>> No.1295213

Don't have any similar stories, but I'm sure your friend will just end up embarrassed unless he makes up for the lack of literary goodness with entertainment value. But it doesn't sound like he will.