[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.85 MB, 2048x3000, Untitled-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1339114 No.1339114 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/. I thought I'd ask you guys this since you all probably deal with Amazon more than I do.

I just got these books along with a few others from Amazon.

I decided to flip through 'em just quickly since I don't have much time.

But when I reach the back covers of Story and Animation I'm faced with THIS SHIT!

What should I do? Should I suck it up or demand a replacement from Amazon? I don't really want to wait for new ones or have to pay return shipping... But still... The books are so nice otherwise..

>> No.1339118

You're pretty anal if this is a concern to you. Books are good for their content, not their presentation.

That said, you should be able to get a replacement from Amazon. They're pretty good about that sort of thing. If it's really going to bother you, replace them and be at peace.

>> No.1339122

>Books are good for their content, not their presentation.

second'd

>> No.1339129

>>1339118
Yeah, I've always been anal about my things. When I buy something new I like it to be just that....

>> No.1339134

>>1339129
Books shouldn't stress you out. If these book are stressing you out, and you can afford to be without them for a week or so, return them and put your mind at ease.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=901888

Good luck, buddy.

>> No.1339145

duct tape that shit

>> No.1339152

lol you're fucked in the head

>> No.1339166

>>1339129
Don't worry about it OP. Just ask Amazon for a replacement. I agree with you. When I go to a book store I don't buy a book if the binding is torn up like that, and I wouldn't expect to get one when I buy it off of Amazon. Sure, it's nice to be "above" liking books for their presentation, but from the standpoint of a consumer, its unacceptable that Amazon would take your money and give you a damaged book.

>> No.1339172

Return it. Before you know it, whole book will be torn.

>> No.1339183

>>1339172
Yeah, that's what worries me...

>> No.1339188

You should probably go on a homicidal rampage over this injustice.