[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 404 KB, 510x421, Screenshot-2019-04-05-at-14.44.58.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13961831 No.13961831 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a self indulgent, highly neurotic introvert, high-average IQ, never read the Greeks, barely understood Jung but still obsessed with him nonetheless.

Where to start with Kierkegaard?

>> No.13961839

> barely understood Jung
Kek, imagine being dumb. Jung is neither complicated nor complex, but then again my iq isn't "high-average" lmao. .

>> No.13961882

read some plato first friend, at least a little, read euthyphro, apology, crito, and phaedo, you just need to get a taste for what socrates is about, kierkegaard was immensely influenced by him.

go with either/or, it's his first major work and one of his most eclectic :) or the sickness unto death/the concept of anxiety if you want something a little shorter+psychology based. fear and trembling+repetition if you want something more based around christianity. philosophical fragments + concluding unscientific postscript if you want something more traditionally philosophical, critiques of hegel are to be found mainly here. i'd also recommend that biography on him by joakim garff, it's fantastic and important for kierkegaard imo because he infuses his life into his works. that being said, his papers and journals are also good to get some insight into his life and personal thought processes :)

>> No.13961885

>>13961882

thanks anon