[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 636x773, 1561995545208.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14438421 No.14438421[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So I got a job and now I understand the NPC.

When you're doing menial work, physical or not, your mind rarely if ever wanders. It's focused on the task at hand and by the end of the day you're so tired and sick of people you want nothing more than to medicate yourself with food, alcohol, tv and sex. You never stop and think and neither do your colleagues, you're all just swept along in this collective nightmare for just enough money to continue going to your shit job.

>> No.14438433

why is the concept of a literature board so hard for zoomers to understand

>> No.14438439

>>14438421
its the opposite for m, i have my deepest thoughts when i'm working physical labor. it keeps my body occupied so my mind can be free of it for a while.

>> No.14438480
File: 141 KB, 586x809, 1577628858551.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here are your options

1. Become a priest. You do not need to worry about finances, bills, or anything ever again. You can focus on what is important. Labor enjoyed is not labor, in the words of Saint Augustine.

2. Become a permanent NEET through disability. Maximize your NET income by moving to a high cost of living area like San Fran Sicko, work for 5 years, then file for S.S.D.I, and you'll get $2500 a month + free health insurance for the rest of your life. You can live off this easily in a rural area and be very happy. You can also collect disability payments in Ecuador where the USD is the main currency and the dollar goes much further.

Whatever you do, do not succumb to "medicate yourself with food, alcohol, tv and sex.". That my son, is the death of the soul.

>> No.14438501

>>14438433
/thread

Honestly, people bitching about having to do work are the fucking worst. The only type of work that justifies the right to bitch is mentally draining work like studying. If you don't have to study every day to succeed at your job, then you really are a basic bitch and need to shut the fuck up.