[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 200 KB, 1280x1024, anime-girl-gothic-close-up-depressed-black-hair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14673544 No.14673544[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

And depression? I have no interests, no hobbies, no focus, no motivation. All i enjoy is getting drunk or high, lifting weights and fucking woman. I have no purpose, no greater goal, no cause, no nothing. I tried coping with reading literature but i cant focus its like torture and it pains and bores me to death.

>> No.14673558

Then get drunk and fuck women

>> No.14673563
File: 69 KB, 903x508, read nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seek therapy
Go for a walk
watch movie
get a hobby
pick up a sport
Pic related

>> No.14673567

I told you to stop being a little bitch before, and i will tell you again

>> No.14673569

>>14673558
I do but the second i bust a nut its like the hangover is present in full force and i sober up and feel suicidal. I suffer anyway, thats the point. Im close to giving up

>> No.14673583

>>14673544
so listen, if you want to pick up literature you need to think of yourself as an intellectual cupcake, kind of like when you were in high school at the debate club for cool kids and you won an argument its the same with reading every time you finish a book you feel more interesting because you've trained your ego to grow more stable upon reading hundreds and hundreds of torturous and boring books so when your literary "im such a cultural man" mood-ego is growing enough you get irreversibly hooked to reading, simple. ultimate fraud pill basically and its not even important if you remember what you read.

>> No.14673623

Only manchildren stop doing something because it's boring. Either continue to do drugs and have sex, or do some boring things. Spoiler: The drugs and sex get old and boring after a while

>> No.14673657

You need to force yourself into concentrating. It’s not always possible; but often I will feel like total nervous dizzy shit, force myself to sit down and actually read 5 pages, even if it hurts, and then after those 5 pages I am suddenly calm and focused.

The other part is that the book has to either be entertaining, or feel important to you. You need a stupid amount of discipline in order to do it for the cred only.
Since you’re a drunk and a womanizer, maybe Bukowski would be entertaining and relatable to you. Have you tried his books?
As for books that may feel important to you, I can figure you don’t care a lot about existential dread type protagonists that don’t even lift. Which covers a lot of literature. Screw that. Why’d you care about it? I’d be bored as well. But perhaps you could appreciate something like Bolaño’s 'The Savage Detectives' or Camus’ 'The Stranger'. Those talk about the boredom and weirdness of existance, without making too much of a fuss about it. 'The Woman in the Dunes' is another very good book about unhappiness and driftiness in a life that doesn’t really lack anything fundamentally.

In this regard I can also recommand reading summaries (with spoilers) of books before you buy or start reading them. With literature, it is about the journey, not about how the story ends. If you’ve read a book’s synopsis and feel it’s dealing with topics important to you, you will be much more interested in reading it, even if there are boring passages.

>> No.14673703

>>14673544
I can't even get high or fuck women.

>> No.14673716

>>14673544
You want me to smack you in the mouth?

>> No.14673766
File: 1.38 MB, 897x673, 20180305_010002-ANIMATION.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14673569
write about it, then post your pain for us op

>> No.14673946

>>14673703
This.

>> No.14674343

>>14673544
You probably can't focus because you get high too often, spread it out a bit more/take breaks
Also try having moderate amounts of caffeine while reading, black or green tea are good
Also I hear it on what you're saying, quite frequently I feel like all I am is a silhouette
I'm like negative space, I exist in relation to things around me but in their absence I disappear
Going on a walk or hike usually helps me affirm my existence, or writing for a little bit
Buy a small journal and try just writing in it a page a day, or even just use it as a dream journal or something
Also, try learning a new language for fun, doesn't matter what it is just pick one and go for it. Most languages have plenty of free resources you can find online and decent lessons on youtube

>> No.14674517

No-one can give you interests, you have to develop them on your own. Read a few books (this is /lit/ after all), watch a few movies, watch a few TV shows, play a few video games, and ETC.

>> No.14674552

Stop doing drugs and try learning to lucid dream
Once you are able to, meditate within your dreams on who you are
Speak to your subconscious and it will speak back

>> No.14674599

>/lit/ - Literature

>> No.14674667

Whatthe fuck are you complaining about if you can have sex, drink and party ?
Having hobbies is for the people who won't get any satisfaction from the normie lifestyle, and any normie attempting to do so is doomed.
Why can't you see your own luck ? You sound like an american basedboy dreaming to come back to nature when he watches a documentary on dirtpoor african countries.

>> No.14675415

OP, do you have money to indulge? I have the same feelings you have, but my time and funds are too limited to move or build something on my own.

>>14673563
Seek therapy? I would say; find someone to talk to, who'll listen to you. Therapy is that, but you'll pay.

>> No.14675472

>>14673703
How do the """depressed""" do it lads?

>> No.14675486

>>14673544
>I have no interests, no hobbies, no focus, no motivation.
Then get some. Try a bunch of things and see if you like any of them.

>> No.14675739

>>14673544
>/lit/ has literally devolved into helping drunken anime fratboys get over their pussy addiction

F

>> No.14675756

>>14674599
Mods seem to be on break. All the self improvement threads lately have gone to 300 replies they usually get deleted quickly

>> No.14675816

>>14673544
that's life, buddy. there's really nothing else at all.

>> No.14675856

>>14673544
Life sucks.