[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 494 KB, 648x429, Screenshot_2020-10-20 kobo_glo_hd webp (WEBP Image, 648 × 429 pixels).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16616076 No.16616076 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone gone *entirely* digital with their reading? If so, what has it been like for you?

>> No.16616078

>>16616076
Feels good man

>> No.16616090

>>16616078
Yeah? I have some problems with texts that require a lot of flicking through desu.
Reading Dune at the moment and sometimes I have to look up the Fremen words at the back.
Thank God I got it in paperback.
You ran into any problems like this?

>> No.16616096

>>16616076
I'm planning on doing so, since I'm moving continents for the nth time this year.
It's sad, but at least e-readers have gotten pretty good.

>> No.16616097

Yes, it is good with fiction. I still like physical better for phil/essays but I'm too poor for that.

>> No.16616100

>>16616090
for those types of books it is better to go with paper

>> No.16616103

>>16616076
Not *entirely* but I do 90% of my reading on a smartphone these days. It's been overall a positive change. It's easier to read in public now, I was always too autistic and shy to whip out a paperback in a crowded place, it easier to read on the go, at work, in short burst (like when I'm waiting for a train), in fact these short 5-15 min reading sessions probably added another hour to my daily reading time. Obviously I spend far less money on the books now, and visiting bookshops is now more like an indulgence than a necessity.

>> No.16616104

>>16616090
With my ereader I can set bookmarks to make flipping back and forth easier.

>> No.16616134

>>16616104
Ah cool, that makes sense. My last kindle had auto saving, so if you snapped ahead to chapter headers or whatever, you would be able to read a bit ahead then skip back without tapping through 50 pages. Didn't always save exactly every place every time though.

>>16616096
Wow, what do you do that drags you across the world anon? Also, how many books have you been hauling out of morbid curiosity?

>>16616097
My main gripe is that they are often in PDF or something and Kindle is shit at displaying them. If it was better formatted, I really wouldn't mind.

>> No.16616140

>>16616103
>smartphone
I tried this and cannot express my disdain for the experience enough. If it works for you great, but the glow of the page and the distractions of notifications is like reading by holding up a paperback to a TV screen with the news playing in the background. I would seriously consider an e-ink screen, my fren.

>> No.16616150
File: 44 KB, 480x480, 1598996005230.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Only morons care about the medium.

>> No.16616160

>>16616076
My hands hurt but I read more in the last 3 weeks than I read in the previous 3 months.
The final redpill will be when I no longer turn on my laptop and devote 100% of my free time to my studies.
The Kindle is a STUDY powerhouse. If this thing had been available at any other time in history we would currently be talking about how it changed the world.
But here I am shitposting because "I'm too tired to properly digest the text" cuz I been up for 36 hours talking to myself and I bought the wrong shoes and they fucked my feet up really bad and I'm hoping i can brake them in but I miss my old shoes

>> No.16616165

>>16616150
No anon, there are tangible differences. Like when I had to move house last time. I like a paper book a lot, but fuck what a chore it is moving even a smaller library about.

>> No.16616173

>>16616160
>The Kindle is a STUDY powerhouse. If this thing had been available at any other time in history we would currently be talking about how it changed the world.
If only it wasn't such a fucking hassle to search through the books. Amazon's browser viewer only lets you search for one word in a book, it ignores the rest of the input if you type in a phrase. Infuriating.

>> No.16616181

>>16616160
>My hands hurt
Mine too. Maybe need a case for a kindle. They are so thin that gripping them is like squeezing your thumb and forefinger together for hours. The hand should be naturally parted.

>The Kindle is a STUDY powerhouse
That is funny cos my mate has just finished at university (studying Paramedics) and he said flicking through textbooks and diagrams was hellish.

>But here I am shitposting because "I'm too tired to properly digest the text" cuz I been up for 36 hours talking to myself and I bought the wrong shoes and they fucked my feet up really bad and I'm hoping i can brake them in but I miss my old shoes
What has happened to you anon? why the sleep deprivation and shoe issues and the talking to yourself?

>> No.16616195

I read on phone,kindle,laptop and physical books

>> No.16616196

>>16616076
not quite, but I did at some point realize that the only reason I like to own most of the books I had was for decorative purposes.
went digital + libraryfag after that, haven't bought a book in years and it's been great
aside from the reading experience it's honestly also such a relive when you have to move...

>> No.16616220
File: 139 KB, 1080x1507, 1a5b17c09392fea1ff8d8d90b59103646d533231e5496675106e8b22c1133bb0_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616195
Any distinctions between them all about what you would read on them. I only ever used phones for manga or something image rich that looks washed out on kindle, for example.

>>16616196
>decorative
Luckily, I like to live like pic related, so decoration is no problem for me. The Minimalism meme™ might be the thing that makes me go full digital.

>reading experience
You think the actual experience is actually made better by the e-reader?

>> No.16616255

>>16616220
>Luckily, I like to live like pic related, so decoration is no problem for me
to elaborate, I just like it for when other people come by, just like I love looking through other peoples bookshelves. I lose that entirely when going digital

>You think the actual experience is actually made better by the e-reader?
it's more like a tradeoff I suppose
here's a good video that was part of what made me get a kindle(yeah I know it's a gamingfag)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LldUjtsJcdw

>> No.16616272

>>16616173
Depends on the book.
I use it in conjunction with my laptop if i need referencing desu.
>>16616181
A case could be cool. Ultimately I think some kind of stand is the real move but I am in no position have a space to sit at let alone a stand for my e-reader
As for pdf that is hellish. You can set bookmarks but even that's tedious.
As for my personal issues, it's mostly to do with the fact that I sleep from mid morning to late afternoon...which is the same time the bus runs. And my shoes had been bothering me so I wanted to go get some new shoes but I had been up for 24 hours by the time I got there and I didn't want to talk to anyone or try the shoes on so I just guessed a shoe that I thought might work and as soon as I put them on outside I knew 'These are fucked' but see my pride man I could never RETURN them after I CHOSE them as the right shoe. SO I threw the box away and wore them the rest of the day.
One foot hurt like a motherfucker got a red blister big as a beetle...other foot is fine.
So I'm gonna keep both pairs of shoes.
I also had an egg salad sandwich earlier (see I had been dreaming of egg salad of late and I fancied myself that I should try and grab one at the soonest opportune moment and seizing this at the grocery store I took it upon my self to purchase a single sandwich sliced in half sold out of their ready to eat deli section. It cost 4.99 and it was one roughly and sloppily chopped hard boiled egg which had been slathered in mustard and too little mayonnaise squished between two thing and soggy slices of pathetically pale wheat bread garnished with a blackening slice of lettuce. My one dream, the one food I would have traded $50 for, the only thing I really WANTED from town was an utter disappointment.
Then I had a Turkey sandwich which was much more agreeable with me (though I counted 2 dozen flies on the sneeze guard at SUBWAY they were all hanging upside down on the VEGGIE side up under if you take my meaning. The girls didn't care, neither did the flies.
A woman looked at me, and a number of men approached me they had to make sure I was not stealing
Very suspicious around here always quiet

>> No.16616285

>>16616255
>I lose that entirely when going digital
I only have a small fear of this... cos I don't have anyone visiting me lol. No but seriously, my friends know I have a kindle and it is my main go to, so if my house were paper free it would not surprise them, and they ask what I have been reading recently too.

>gamingfag
Fine by me anon, I am a /v/ermin so no judgment here :)

>> No.16616318

>>16616272
>A case could be cool. Ultimately I think some kind of stand is the real move but I am in no position have a space to sit at let alone a stand for my e-reader
You don't have anywhere to sit anon? What is happening with you?

>As for pdf that is hellish. You can set bookmarks but even that's tedious.
I meant more like the footnotes and fine print being too small.

>As for my personal issues, it's mostly to do with the fact that I sleep from mid morning to late afternoon...which is the same time the bus runs. And my shoes had been bothering me so I wanted to go get some new shoes but I had been up for 24 hours by the time I got there and I didn't want to talk to anyone or try the shoes on so I just guessed a shoe that I thought might work and as soon as I put them on outside I knew 'These are fucked' but see my pride man I could never RETURN them after I CHOSE them as the right shoe. SO I threw the box away and wore them the rest of the day.
Try and return them anon. I would rather read a book again and have shoes that fit. As someone with back problems, do NOT put yourself through that hell, please. If you cannot return them, then get past sunk cost fallacy and donate them.

>I also had an egg salad sandwich earlier (see I had been dreaming of egg salad of late and I fancied myself that I should try and grab one at the soonest opportune moment and seizing this at the grocery store I took it upon my self to purchase a single sandwich sliced in half sold out of their ready to eat deli section. It cost 4.99 and it was one roughly and sloppily chopped hard boiled egg which had been slathered in mustard and too little mayonnaise squished between two thing and soggy slices of pathetically pale wheat bread garnished with a blackening slice of lettuce. My one dream, the one food I would have traded $50 for, the only thing I really WANTED from town was an utter disappointment.
This is actually tragic anon, I feel you. Try your hand at making it. Egg salad is easy peasy.

>Then I had a Turkey sandwich which was much more agreeable with me (though I counted 2 dozen flies on the sneeze guard at SUBWAY they were all hanging upside down on the VEGGIE side up under if you take my meaning. The girls didn't care, neither did the flies.
>A woman looked at me, and a number of men approached me they had to make sure I was not stealing
>Very suspicious around here always quiet
This is rather poetic. I hope your your week gets better fren.

>> No.16616326

>>16616134
>Wow, what do you do that drags you across the world anon? Also, how many books have you been hauling out of morbid curiosity?
I moved due to my job/career before, now I'm moving back to be closer to my family. I used to ship boxes of books before, but it got too expensive, so now I'm donating the ones without sentimental value.

>> No.16616345
File: 1.37 MB, 2345x1759, setupbattlestation20201011_181326.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616318
It's the tragic story of a man brought down by lockdown, autism, 4chan, and pride. It's less heroric than a real tradgedy and more pathetic than cathartic but maybe some can find catharsis in pity.
I think I'm dying, when I was outside today I felt I would rather die out there than live in here. That's how wretched this existence is.
picrel was my life about a week ago or something I've since spilled bong water two more times and eaten more food...and read.
Reading is more difficult than tv because you have to focus on reading entirely to absorb the message. I would rather be reading right now but I know I can't absorb any information in my state. I'm going to eat spaghetti from the can and sleep in the next hour. My mom wakes up in 15 mins and I have to return to my sad silent existence.

>> No.16616385

>>16616326
great idea anon, and good luck to you. hope all goes well with the move.

>> No.16616398

>>16616345
Anon, I really feel for you. Are you suffering depression or something? If so, try and cut down on the bong, it will not do you any good. Get your schedule right and eat something warm and wholesome. what is happening with your mum anon? Are you two in some kind of conflict?

>> No.16616589

>>16616345
you still there anon?

>> No.16616596

Great. Super convenient and saved so much money. Still get the occasional physical book. I have to move soon as well so not having a truckload of books around saves hassle with that.

>> No.16616609

I got one but then went back to physical. I read non-fiction primarily. It just isn't the same for memory retention and being able to flick easily through pages to different sections when reading from a black and white etch a sketch screen which makes every book look identical.

>> No.16616623

>>16616076
Its been fine, I just wouldn't recommend it if you want to read poetry.

>> No.16616633

>>16616398
I don't suffer anything. I would never allow myself to be diagnosed. I hate medicine and don't trust doctors. They all wanna scramble my brain and I wont let them. They'll have to kill me first.
I would like to cut down on the weed desu I smoke too much and it makes it hard to concentrate on more difficuclt books but im just reading Ben Franklins autobiography rn and I've been pretty lit but Im gonna give Canterberry Tales a shot next (the kindle version is super convenient) so I'll probably need to be stone cold or nearly sober to read it at a reasonable lever.
As for my mum and all...well we haven't spoken for 6 months. I just have that microwave I use to cook rice but I cant use it when they're away cuz otherwise they'll know more my schedule and what Im doing. If they know I leave they come into my room and burn terrible candles and smells bad and they see the piss bottles and I feel shame. So I stay silent so when I leave they don't know the difference.
The conflict started cuz she called the cops on me and I don't cooperate with police then I snuck back in and shut my door with screws into the door frame and told her to evict me or to fuck off and we havent spoken since.
I've broken a lot of shit and everything is disgusting but I am too proud to sue for peace. If she surrendered to me I would break my siege on the price of a cheese pizza, and a weekend left alone so that I could clean my room up, then I'd want to be left alone to come and go as I please and allowed to use the Washing Machine again.
I used to be better, I used to live in the city and have a job but I fucked that all up now I'm eating cold spaghetti out of the can with a spoon

>> No.16616639

>>16616596
>Still get the occasional physical book
At what point do you make the distinction?

>>16616609
Yes, I read that retention is poor on screens, dropping as low as half that of paper. Is e-ink better for this though?

>>16616623
Why not? wouldn't have thought it made any difference.

>> No.16616643
File: 486 KB, 960x720, roboticwife.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616076
I went entirely digital at the end of 2019, It was a grest decision, because I can find rare books and books written in foreign togues for free or by a bargain.

>> No.16616676

>>16616633
>I don't suffer anything. I would never allow myself to be diagnosed. I hate medicine and don't trust doctors. They all wanna scramble my brain and I wont let them. They'll have to kill me first.
I feel ya. Try some alternatives like meditation and exercise.

>I would like to cut down on the weed desu I smoke too much and it makes it hard to concentrate on more difficuclt books but im just reading Ben Franklins autobiography rn and I've been pretty lit but Im gonna give Canterberry Tales a shot next (the kindle version is super convenient) so I'll probably need to be stone cold or nearly sober to read it at a reasonable lever.
It is like anything, you depend on it because you have it in your life, and if you break the habit then you genuinely will be free and wondered why you needed it.

>As for my mum and all...well we haven't spoken for 6 months. I just have that microwave I use to cook rice but I cant use it when they're away cuz otherwise they'll know more my schedule and what Im doing. If they know I leave they come into my room and burn terrible candles and smells bad and they see the piss bottles and I feel shame. So I stay silent so when I leave they don't know the difference.
So you live with your folks but don't communicate with them? That must be tough. You are gonna get a big boost from just dealing with a little bit of that anon. Start with the piss bottles. I know it is tough, but a little bit goes a long way.

>The conflict started cuz she called the cops on me and I don't cooperate with police then I snuck back in and shut my door with screws into the door frame and told her to evict me or to fuck off and we havent spoken since.
Maybe try and repair that relationship and let her know that you are really struggling. Maybe she will respect your space and not light candles and stuff then.

>I've broken a lot of shit and everything is disgusting but I am too proud to sue for peace. If she surrendered to me I would break my siege on the price of a cheese pizza, and a weekend left alone so that I could clean my room up, then I'd want to be left alone to come and go as I please and allowed to use the Washing Machine again.
It isn't worth it anon. I know from experience. Make up with your folks. Your pride will be more eroded by wearing stinky clothes and living in an unclean place than it will be resolving your issues with your parents.

>I used to be better, I used to live in the city and have a job but I fucked that all up now I'm eating cold spaghetti out of the can with a spoon
You can do it again anon, just concentrate on the first step, your current situation.

>> No.16616688

>>16616643
cool stuff anon, and cool gif.

>> No.16616690

What is the best e-reader in the hand anons?

Which once is comfiest to hold and has a bit of heft to it?

I prefer non-backlit screens too, as the light really stops me from sleeping.

>> No.16616698
File: 1.91 MB, 2576x1932, pissbotles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616676
You must understand I've never apologized in my life. This wouldn't be my first time leaving home to be homeless lol.
I can't bring myself to be the bigger person. I have BEEN living in unwashed clothes (one pair and a few spares) and wretched squalor for SIX MONTHS
picrel is from JULY 9th!
Most of those bottles were old then and they're still here.
Thanks for chatting with me desu but I think I'm beyond hope. My only chance would be hopping a freight train and going back to the city and miraculously either finding lodging or getting a car to sleep in. Otherwise I'll end up sleeping on the sidewalk which I've never had to do before and I'm quite scared to desu.

>> No.16616703

>>16616690
I read like 8 hours a day on my Kindle last few weeks (NEET here) and my hands hurt desu. I might try holding it with like a notebook or just leaving it on the pillow or something idk (but I also have had hand problems for years and had to have surgery and can't even play minecraft anymore so that could have something to do with it)

>> No.16616724

>>16616639
Not sure if there are any studies but it feels like memory retention is worse for me on e-readers. They are good if you are a poorfag or don't have much storage space, and I will still use it for travelling and maybe pirating a book to see if it is shit or not first before buying a physical copy.

>> No.16616736

>>16616103
It is bad for your eyes, anon.

>> No.16616739

>>16616698
I used to be homeless myself. It is not fun at all. But I implore you anon, it is a better life getting along with those those close to you. It isn't really about the living conditions, it is about the state of your relationships.

Even if you don't apologise, try and get those bottles out of the house and live in a way that is healthier for you. When I was in conflict with people I lived with, I always tried to keep my own space tidy. Trust me, it is better than letting it pile up. IF you two are at each others throats, then it might be that she is waiting for you to snap and cave thanks to living in a mess. If she sees you are doing well, she might not be waiting for you to make a move and apologise.

And you are not beyond hope. I have seen worse in my own circle of people that you my friend. You can bounce back. It is a 48 hour cleaning session first, then a few weeks off the bong, and a couple of hot meals. You will be miles better.

Do not go homeless voluntarily. Not with winter around the corner. If you are in a city and American, who knows what unrest you might have to encounter also.

>> No.16616747

>>16616703
you might benefit from a case anon, something to create the bulk needed so you are not clamping your hands together all the time. That will strain your hand.

>> No.16616816

>>16616698
If you have $50 to spare, unironically buy some bitcoin / ethereum then go to buymoda.org and buy modvigil ASAP. Take 100mg a day. You life will get back on the rails, trust me.

>> No.16616822

>>16616076

Kindle has a lot of advantages for me.
- Portability
- Notes/highlights. They are easy to make and easy to keep track of since they sync to the web.
- Cost. Most books are significantly less expensive in kindle version.
- $ to author. Yes, despite lower cost, the authors tend to get paid more for the sale of a kindle edition.
- read in dark without a light that keeps wife awake.
- automatically/instantly get magazine subs, blogs, and any book I want on demand.
- Another small benefit I've noticed is for people with allergies, particularly when reading old, out-of-print books that have collected dust.

I still have an overstacked bookshelf that I pull from from time to time, I get a few lit journals in the mail in print, and I always prioritize journals that PRINT over online for my submissions.

But Kindle is just so handy-dandy.

>> No.16616853

>>16616822
great list, thanks anon.

>> No.16617090

>>16616090
No. I just long press on the fremen word and it grabs me a description from the internet

>> No.16617141

Been looking for an e-reader/tablet mainly for the purpose of pdfs/scientific papers and displays them well. You guys know good ones?

>> No.16617148

>>16617141
Its called paper

>> No.16617175

>>16617090
Fair enough. I usually keep mine offline though. I never use the store in favour of libgen and I want to preserve battery life.

>> No.16617224
File: 17 KB, 340x330, mcluhan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616150
The fuck did you just say bitch?

>> No.16617230

>>16616076
waiting for black friday to buy one

>> No.16617231
File: 14 KB, 189x267, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>KINDLE OASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.16617254

>>16617230
literally a week ago was a prime day I bought for 90euro

>> No.16617268

I was digital for a while, but I ran into too much trouble with fucked up formatting and errors and shit when I was pirating. (I will not buy digital books unless it's direct to the author or something like that). Also, I was downloading stuff at a far greater rate than I could read, which would kinda put me off reading in a weird way. Decision paralysis maybe. Also I found it difficult to read books from different authors in a row without the ghost of the previous book lingering over me. The object and the typeface and everything being the same I guess. With a real book, so many factors are different from one to another that it doesn't happen.
Also it was a pain for non-fiction and poetry.
Prefer to buy used books now, although I still pirate from time to time. I mostly pirate stuff I don't care to own. Either detective shit I don't want to be seen reading, or fascist stuff that I read just to satisfy myself that it's stupid, like Evola.

>> No.16617271

>>16617230
bruh... ebay for like £30

>> No.16617275

>>16617254
Not interested in paperwhite because I'd like an ereader with a bigger screen, so far I'm looking at the inkpad 3

>> No.16617383

>>16617268
>Also, I was downloading stuff at a far greater rate than I could read, which would kinda put me off reading in a weird way
I would do this with buying physical books, so I got the kindle so that I can delete files off of it if I really felt overwhelmed. Funny it is the exact inverse.

>typeface
I used to change my up in the settings for a different feel. Often I would not have more than one book on there for this exact purpose. Gave me a break to go and wipe it and install a new book via a PC.

>>16617231
Unironically do not care if it is perceived as soi, is it any good? I like the grip thingy and read in the bath a lot, so might invest in one.

>> No.16618176

>>16616345
Clean your room, fuck.

>> No.16618214

>>16617141
One that is A4. They're much more expensive than the small ones but for me it was well worth it. If you're shopping between small ereaders it's all about what is the best compromise but with a full size one you don't have to compromise at all.

>> No.16618229

>>16616345
Beyond based

>> No.16618305
File: 266 KB, 560x395, 1590094156002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616639
>>16616724
IIRC, there was a study going around in the newspapers about how students with laptops had lower retention rates of learning compared with their peers who used pen and paper. The usual explanation that was trotted out back then was that the zoomers who used flashy laptops were trying to write down everything the professor had to say while the students who used pen and paper tried to write down only the essentials.

>> No.16618326

>>16616643
Wait, why can't we have robot wives again?

>> No.16618472
File: 1.34 MB, 3024x4032, image0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16616076
I have. It was an incredibly good decision from both a financial and practical point of view. I haven't bought a book since getting an ereader (probably yoinked 300+ ebooks by now) and the amount of stuff I have laying around has plummeted since donating/selling/giving away most of my books. With just like 8gb I'll be able to carry several thousand ebooks with me wherever I go. I'm really trying to own as little as possible and do the whole minimalism/digital nomad thing so an ereader was a great choice. I'm completely used to it now and don't notice any significant differences between e-ink and paper. Thoroughly recommend.

>> No.16618482

>>16616090
I wonder how novels like Hopscotch work with e-readers.
Maybe they just don't.

>> No.16618491

>>16616076
So what is the best ereader?

>> No.16618497

>>16618491
IM LOOKING TO BUY

>> No.16618506

>>16618482
Depends on how well formatted the ebook is. On a retail copy, you'd have access to two different table of contents. One from clicking on the chapter number (redirected to the book's start) or from accessing the TOC manually.
Since it would just be a long list of one chapter number per line, the first one would be the easier way to navigate (IF the ToC was made properly).

>> No.16618539

I read on an ipad pro 11 inch, Kindle.
I really enjoy real books, because I often(vain as I am) pick books by the cover art, I spend ages finding out if the book is good before hand though.

But Kindle is wonderful even though I hate Jeff Bezos and Amazon.

Cannot understate how easy it is to buy books and be able to move around without an extra kilo in my bag, let alone how easy it is to move, which I do far too often.

I love both though and will probably start buying physical books again once I've settled.

>> No.16619160

>>16616076
It would be my ideal. But is just that, an ideal. Material posessions, in a society who's becoming more digital every day it passes, define us. I don't want to wake up one day only to find every single book I own erased because my ebook died, for example.
Also, physical books are luxury items, considering you need to buy them and also have the space to properly storage them

>> No.16619202

I don't like the changabilty of ebooks I can't stop thinking about the font, size, line flow, etc. I only read pdfs as a result which work better on a tablet or pc.

>> No.16619213

>>16616150
Are you stupid? Would you read a textbook using an ereader? I doubt it

>> No.16619277

>>16616076
Yes, i read on a 5 year old cracked up ipad mini, exclusively with pirated books. Now that I graduated and got a job, I’m buying them all physically.

>> No.16619325

>>16619213
Yes

>> No.16619479 [DELETED] 
File: 478 KB, 1248x1920, tumblr_pu8oqjWdCt1tq674qo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>You will never again have a true home library since there is no longer a place in this world that you can honestly call: "home".
Thus is the Sagittariun destiny.

>> No.16619491
File: 478 KB, 1248x1920, tumblr_pu8oqjWdCt1tq674qo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>You will never again have a true home library since there is no longer a place in this world that you can honestly call: "home".
Thus is the Sagittarian destiny.

>> No.16619676
File: 109 KB, 1055x574, 22c76d458eee5549e0ee454954bd7d2b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16619491
wow you're so cool anon please give me your autograph

>> No.16620634

>>16616104
some kindle books have xray which helpful too

>> No.16620673

>>16616076
words and meanings are the same. holding a psysical book is not.

>> No.16620695

Seems like kinda the thread to post it.

Anyone use one of those electic writing pads for taking notes? I have a horrible tendency to switch back and forth between computer and paper and pencil notetaking and its a nightmare to organize everything. something lik pic related (though why does it cost like 500 bucks? its not even colored?)

>> No.16620908

Once I got my onyx boox max 3 I haven't read a thing on paper.

>> No.16620918

thinking of forking out for the Oasis. Got the paperwhite 2

>> No.16620951

>>16616076
Haven't read off my phone in a long time since 2018 for sure

>> No.16622344

>>16616090
>Reading Dune at the moment and sometimes I have to look up the Fremen words at the back.
you can understand all of them by context.

t. only read the glossary at the end of the book

>> No.16623412

>>16618539
>even though I hate Jeff Bezos and Amazon.
why didn't you buy a Kobo then, dumbass? did you fall for the ceaseless amazon shilling that tries to equate "e-reader" with "kindle"? god, I hate amazon shills

>> No.16623838

>>16618305
There was also a study that showed paper books may increase retention as the physical progress of seeming the pages diminish may create a structure of time in the user that means they contextualise the text in time as well as by events, but the ethereal feeling of an ebook meant that the passage through events was less tangible.

>> No.16623908

>>16619491
Is this from something? reverse image doesn't bring up anything.