[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 134 KB, 2048x1205, 1605136226953.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16768901 No.16768901[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

existence is not beautiful, it if horrifying. there is no such thing as beauty. everything you enjoy is just an attempt of your biology to prolong your life and spread your genes. if you were able to remove the veil your evolutionary drives place on your eyes, you would see that women are repulsive, the act of sex and procreation is mind numbingly disgusting, and every form of physical closeness with other humans is offputting. you can notice these things easily in other life forms, like dogs, or fish, or insects, but when it comes to human women, your body tricks you with hormones to cover your senses, so you can act like a brainless animal for long enough to do the deed. you are a slave to your biology, yet you pretend to find happiness in submitting to it. you are a product of genetic codes you did not choose, yet you are separate from this code, and you possess the ability to reject or submit to these base drives and impulses. impulses you share with the lowliest life forms, mind. is it noble to act upon them? no more would that make you noble, than it does a dog or a snake to act on their drives. does it make you good to reject them? not necessarily, as such a decision might just be the result of a broken code. is it good to live? is it bad to die? i don't really know. i just don't like it here.

>> No.16768906

>>16768901
just become gay and BTFO nature

>> No.16768911

>>16768901
what about dancing anon?

>> No.16768913

>>16768901
Wanna fuck?

>> No.16768921

>>16768901
>there is no such thing as beauty
Speak for yourself anon

>> No.16768932

>>16768901
>everything you enjoy is just an attempt of your biology to prolong your life and spread your genes.

why can this not be a pragmatic definition of beauty? why does beauty need to have an objective center? could i not find my biological processes urging me to spread my seed beautiful?

>> No.16768943

>>16768901
>it if horrifying

>> No.16768960

>>16768901
Anon it seems like you've either never had a girlfriend, you've just gotten your heart broken, or you just finished watching Rick and Morty.

Love is one of the only nice things in this shitty existence.

>> No.16768964

>>16768901
>I just don't like it here
Commit suicide, then.
Of course, that's simply some of your urges speaking, telling you life is not worth living because they are not fulfilled. Which dirty biological urge will you listen to?

>> No.16769009
File: 70 KB, 480x608, 103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>i just don't like it here.
Sounds like your real problem, all of your rational arguments stem from the emotional state.
Maybe you'd like Dorian Gray? They talk about this shit there. The better solution ofc is learning how to close the cynicism for a bit and enjoy beauty, which definitely exist.
You sound quite alright, just miserable. It will get better

>> No.16769013
File: 239 KB, 1440x1442, 1601028854847.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16768906
you made me smile, anon. thank you
>>16768911
besides the fact that i don't see any point in doing that? i would feel too awkward to
>>16768913
no, bro
>>16768921
i only speak the truth, anon, as i see it
>>16768932
i just want things to make sense, anon. if beauty and happiness and purpose are all just random consequences of evolutionary drives, they will all ultimately mean nothing. pursuing any of them would be no different from the lives of animals. we might as well eat until we burst, or smoke dope every day, or fuck anything we can trick into bed. is that not enough to take all joy out of the circus?
>>16768943
i hope that slip of my finger made you feel better about yourself, anon
>>16768960
i have instinctually avoided girls ever since childhood, despite the fact that they always found me to be cute or charming or whatever. i have intentionally kept away from them, and i do not regret it. they horrify me. they are no more than shackles you put on for a moment because they look nice, just to realize you can never take them off because they have attached themselves to you through emotion or through birth. i am willingly celibate for life.
>>16768964
it really is only a question of time. i have seen everything this world has to offer, and none of it i good. i hope there is a god, so he can explain what the point of this was to me one day.

>> No.16769069

>>16769013
>i have instinctually avoided girls ever since childhood, despite the fact that they always found me to be cute or charming or whatever. i have intentionally kept away from them, and i do not regret it. they horrify me. they are no more than shackles you put on for a moment because they look nice, just to realize you can never take them off because they have attached themselves to you through emotion or through birth. i am willingly celibate for life.
M A S S I V E C O P E

I have no doubt that you are 100% lying about this.

>> No.16769095
File: 49 KB, 728x567, 1605200445150.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16769069
why would i lie to you? i don't know you, and you don't know me. if i were trying to make myself look good, i wouldn't be posting this autismtier shit here like londonfrog. is the thought of a man not having interest in women so unbelievable?

>> No.16769101

>>16768901
>existence is not beautiful, it if horrifying
To (You)

>there is no such thing as beauty. everything you enjoy is just an attempt of your biology to prolong your life and spread your genes
According to your sacred evolution, simple things attain complexities over time and turn into something entirely different. Sure, it's couched in prolonging life and spreading genes, but it can evolve into more than that.

>if you were able to remove the veil your evolutionary drives place on your eyes, you would see that women are repulsive
Evolutionary drives have placed a veil on everyone's eyes, including yours; you just place emphasis on one drive, probably avoiding pain because you've been hurt. You're likely insecure and self-loathing, and that, along with your views ITT, are caused by such a drive.

> the act of sex and procreation is mind numbingly disgusting
>if you take what makes sex pleasant, it's disgusting
Am I supposed to take you seriously? No shit, if you take away taste from food, it is no longer pleasant to eat.

>you can notice these things easily in other life forms, like dogs, or fish, or insects
That disgust is usually caused by unfamiliarity. I've never had a dog, barely ever spent time with one, so naturally I will be disgusted and on guard. But there are so many around me who spend time with dogs and are not in the slightest disgusted by them; perhaps if you spent time with the right women, you'd change your tune, if you are willing. The problem is, you do not want to. You want to continue believing they are repulsive.

>your body tricks you with hormones to cover your senses, so you can act like a brainless animal for long enough to do the deed
Cover? I think you mean enhance the sense; perhaps what is being covered is your ability to ideate consequences, like so many that have been caught fucking on the job or in public; that's only applicable for nogs and wiggers, really.

>you are a slave to your biology, yet you pretend to find happiness in submitting to it
You are a slave to your biology who neither finds happiness nor successfully submits to it. There is no need to "oppose" my biology, nothing noble about it; the only thing I need to oppose is excess.

>you are a product of genetic codes you did not choose
Good, I like variety and unpredictability. If I was born a freak, I'd see it the same. Plus, I wouldn't have the hardships and high expectations I already have, so it's not much of a tradeoff.

>impulses you share with the lowliest life forms
Like breathing air? Should I tell my cells to stop dividing, because reproduction is evil?

>i just don't like it here.
I can't make you like it. It's only going to get worse from here on for you. You will suffer and die awfully, and in pain and asking "why?" I will die the same, minus the question and sense of being wronged. How you take death is your fault.

>> No.16769105

>>16768901
how old are you anon?

>> No.16769110

Yeah, but isn't there beauty within people knowing you? In laughing and singing and in the intimate joys of friendships? I don't know of the friendships you have, but damn I love some of the girl friends I've made friends with, loving but without the sex, not expecting that, and those people exist everywhere I think.
Have you seen the beauty in nature? Just the simple warmth of the sun on your back and the wonderful freshness and beauty in flowers in leaves and wonder, even when the rest of the world seems like shit, why do those still exist?
I mean, I believe in God so I think that there were things made for us to enjoy, despite the degradation of much of the world, so even in the ugliness I think there still exists a lot of things that we can take joy in, even if we feel like everything is horrifying. I think has a lot to do of where we can our eyes and what we focus on