Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 274 KB, 1080x1088, IMG_20200719_235510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16930936 No.16930936 [Reply] [Original]

What does a guy who spent his whole life reading philosophy and literature in his room have to offer to the world?

>> No.16930938

>>16930936
Nothing but himself :D

>> No.16930939

An example to others.

>> No.16931103

>>16930936
He offers not interfering in other men dreams.

>> No.16931115

>>16930936
>offer to the world
Nice spook

>> No.16931116

>>16930936
I don't care about what I have to offer the world, I only care about what I have to offer myself.

>> No.16931117

Friendly reminder that if you aren't writing your own literature then you're a failure. Nothing but a mindless consoomer

>> No.16931140

>>16931117
4chan posts are literature

>> No.16931155

>>16930936
Whatever you want to offer, just remember that your worth is what you make of it.

>>16931116
>>16931115
You will eventually understand that self-centeredness is perhaps the most destructive thing you can do to yourself.

>> No.16931165

>>16931155
>destructive
Nice spook

>> No.16931185

>>16930936
That's literally how Napoleon described his youth, "living like a bear in a room surrounded by books."

>> No.16931195
File: 1.88 MB, 2048x2048, B99D2E16-DFA9-4750-A8EE-A248D237E6AC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16931195

>>16930936
What have you learned, anon? Anything truly original and worth sharing?

>> No.16931269

>>16931155
>You will eventually understand that self-centeredness is perhaps the most destructive thing you can do to yourself.
Please. No one does anything for others. Even people that devote their lives to charity only do so because of the warm, fuzzy feeling they get from it.

>> No.16931281

>>16931155
Being selfish is the reason why my life so easy though

>> No.16931287

I will make u look dumb in an argument

>> No.16931300
File: 29 KB, 500x464, 1602312838042.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16931300

>>16931269
I gave you some advice because I already went through such a phase and I truly do want you to see the light some day. Your desire to communicate and share ideas with fellow anons shows that you really do care, empathy is part of our existence and you must be true to your heart.

>> No.16931309
File: 1.17 MB, 640x480, 1606883508062.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16931309

>>16930936
Wisdom, nuanced perspective, empathy, logical rigor, humility, the list just goes on my friend.

>> No.16931314

>>16931300
I only argue on here because I find it fun, which is the only reason you do it too. If you truly believed I would 'see the light' one day, you wouldn't need to cajole me. You only create so others will think you're amazing or so you can have a form of immortality

>> No.16931333

>>16931314
Anonymous sharing is altruistic, it's social concernment at its purest, writing for people you'll likely never meet shows your care for them beyond self-promotion, it shows you really care about how they feel about what you put forward. Some people don't have the ability to empathize with others over the internet at all which leads to seemingly sociopathic behavior or simply complete disinterest in social matters which are patterns you clearly don't fit.

>> No.16931341

>>16930939
Grim.

>> No.16931389

>>16931333
>Anonymous sharing is altruistic
I disagree with the core aspect of that argument. You/I only do it because we either enjoy the act of debating or because we enjoy the warm feeling of helping or sharing. Whether it's a more 'altruistic' version of enjoying the feeling of helping or making the world better by sharing or if it's more selfish by the rush of getting attention in (you)s or whatever, it's really the same when you get down to it.

The simple fact of the matter is that you wouldn't post if you didn't like posting.

>> No.16931430

>>16931389
What is wrong with enjoying things? Of course we are conversing here because we enjoy it, we are wired to do so. We instinctively grasp for things to gratify our senses and desire for mutual survival, it can be our intellect, it can be an emotional connection, we can very much enjoy it without being guilty about it.
From my own experience I thought I was introverted because I felt happier alone, but I came to realize that I avoided people due to empathic distress, and I found that I'm extroverted around people that bring me happiness.

>> No.16931431

>>16930939
SPBP

>> No.16931438

>>16931389
not him but what makes you think that such complex social activity as posting is solely attributable to one or very few causes? i would say social behavior is not something you can model in a simple way because it has so many feedback loops and so many different factors involved.

>> No.16931442

>>16931430
>What is wrong with enjoying things
Nothing. That's my point.

>> No.16931446
File: 208 KB, 1440x1440, 35824e3ffe1521fb5f58e91e8281ee87-imagepng.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16931446

>>16930936
His philosophy, so the process continues.

>> No.16931496

>>16931442
Then we are honestly just arguing semantics which is a pointless line of thought in my opinion, what does it matter how you define words?
I know I won't change your mind in a snap, but I do hope it serves as food for thought because rejection of your humanity is not a self-sustaining thing, your inner voice is affected by how you outwardly live, and living negatively is always distressing no matter how much you think you are in control of your emotions.

>> No.16932398

Love

>> No.16932448

>>16931389
>doesn't realize the self is the Self

>> No.16932494

>>16931333
But all posts and posters are me, anon.

>> No.16932504

>>16930938
Literally this, based hopeful anon.

A man without hope is nothing, for he has neither health of the body or mind.

>> No.16932511

>>16930936
Even more philosophy and literature.

>> No.16932572

good conversation

>> No.16932609

>>16930936
try writing something OP

>> No.16933551

>>16931155
>yourself
Nice spook

>> No.16933561

Probably nothing since he's a monolingual English speaker. Otherwise known as a braindead moron.

>> No.16933580

>>16930936
the knowledge that he owes society nothing.

>> No.16933659

>>16931117
if you write your own lit, you are a spooked dimwit trying hard to be a bourgeois

>> No.16933671

>>16930936
his labor at minimum wage

>> No.16933698

>>16933659
spooked

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action