[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 12 KB, 300x300, refds11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17035627 No.17035627 [Reply] [Original]

Any readers of psychology or psychiatry graduates in this board?
I've been visited a psychologist for over 6 years and had a couple of sessions with a psychiatrist in the last 2 years. Both seemed pretty useless to me and prescription drugs make me feel like shit.
The only reason I keep visiting the psychologist is because he's actually a mature and positive voice in my life and gives me the illusion that he cares about me

>> No.17035647

I feel like a psychologist is some useful to talk to when you're down or trying to figure shit out. They provide an outside voice that can keep you on the level. I distrust psychiatrists and think they just want to sell drugs on behalf of big pharma

>> No.17035681
File: 230 KB, 501x597, 1607964817651.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17035627
>>17035647
Both of you are retarded

Stop seeking external help from people meant to staple a victim complex or mental condition onto your personage for being dissatisfied with your life as is.

If life sucks tough it out, if you refuse to do that then fucking kill yourself you literal waste.

>> No.17035720

Psychology is mostly useless
To give you an idea of how "scientific" it is, journals demarcated by convictions
Psychiatry is straight up dangerous because it doesn't rely on objective biological standards to give you drugs but rather how things seem to be from the psychiatrist perspective. If he can convince you, he'll get you to put all sorts of things inside you like drugs to cure your tendency to look inwardly for solutions
The most dangerous one is neuro"science" which is still stuck in the stone age

>> No.17035724

>>17035681
You don't know anything about psychology do you?

>> No.17035749

>>17035627
I think reading Jung helped me a lot in my life. After a while you become very mindful of projections and compensations in yourself and others. I don't think highly of modern psychology and psychiatry though, but I'd like to know if anyone here has had experiences with a Jungian psychologist.

>> No.17035773

>>17035724
I know enough to know that you're a fucking pussy if you need a therapist.

If life sucks you can two 2/2 things:
1) tough it out
2) pray

Everything else gets tossed in the fuck off bin. If you're honest to God so stupid that you can't figure out your problems or so utterly pathetic that you seek someone to lie to you about them then you were a weakling and an absolute mistake and don't deserve to live and your awareness of this will bear down on you until you blow your head off.

>> No.17035800

>>17035773
So like I said, you know nothing about psychology.

>> No.17035836

>>17035800
Enlighten me on how anything you can tell me about psychology isn't superfluous to what I just laid out

>> No.17035848

>>17035749
I feel like I'm too much of a brainlet to understand most of Jung but it helped me in these ways also. I'm a better person for it but my life is shittier now, take that for what it is. no experience with a Jungian psychologist though but I think it would be good to use as an expensive tutor because a lot of Jung's work is hard to understand