[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 83 KB, 1000x1000, jack-daniels-old-no-7-tennessee-bourbon-whiskey-miniature-5cl-40-abv_temp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17163192 No.17163192 [Reply] [Original]

A year ago I gave away one of the two desks I had to a friend (sort of a surrogated brother of mine). Last year I read 40+ books and wrote several short stories in there. All in all, I used that desk to do anything but liesure and work.

This year I have barely read, yet alone written - I haven't come to /lit/ since then out of inner shame, in some way. This, in me, has created some sort of petty anger and frustration that I don't remember ever having. The anxiety also shows up too; I now pick my skin constantly, sometimes in places that I shouldn't, and I check my front door two or three times after I close the damned thing.

I am coming here after a year or so defeated and facing downwards, feeling ashamed and lost in my late twenties. I feel as if I had given away some inherent axis in my well being to someone else. I have tried doing the same in the desk I had with no results; I have even gone so far as to buy another desk which I ended up selling once I realized IT lacked that thing I thought I was buying in the first place

And so, a few hours before the next new year, what should I do?

>> No.17163206
File: 114 KB, 368x389, 1607642268972.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A desk is just a thing. The magic is within you, anon. It always was! If you set your mind to it I know you can get back to reading and writing, all it takes is focus.

>> No.17163209
File: 516 KB, 547x408, life.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>what do?
have you tried 2b an hero?

>> No.17163299

>>17163206
Have you feel the dread of having a book you know you probably will enjoy and find out that you are unable to read past the first pages? it sucks even more when you realize that reading was something you enjoyed dearly before.

Have you been in the same situation? what have you done then and there?

>> No.17163306

>>17163209
I lack the suicide programing in me.

>> No.17163322

>>17163299
Not quite exactly that in that way but I've definitely been listless before. Depression runs in my DNA. I dunno if there's a silver bullet solution. Just gotta try to maintain positive thoughts and keep trying. Also shake your life up by doing something different or changing your schedule.

>> No.17163348

>>17163322
Thanks for the schedule tip in there (I'll try that up, although I never used one of those before for R&W). I hope the depression DNA wiring is not giving you a hard time.

>> No.17163420

>>17163299
>Have you been in the same situation? what have you done then and there?
Don't know if it will help you, but I always find myself more intellectually curious and sharp when I have some deadline or other stressful situation in my life, like fighting with my girlfriend or something.
It's like you need something to make you worried, stressed, or angry to get you going. Being chill all the time won't do the trick.