[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 120 KB, 500x350, an.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1719512 No.1719512 [Reply] [Original]

My fellow anonymous. Today, I propose to remedy a serious consternation plaguing the halls /lit/--an annoyance that I hope you will come to see my urgency in want of addressing, if you don't already. I know there is not one among you who hasn't at been at least kind of pissed off about the tripfags on this /lit/. I need not numerate all of the ways in which tripfaggory sucks and is annoying.
Here is what I propose do about it:
Don't reply to tripfag posts. Don't post in their threads. Don't talk about tripfags. They have each other. They can discuss things in their own threads. If tripfags annoy you as much as most of you say, this is the chance to do something about the problem. If tripfags don't annoy you, I'm not going to try to persuade you otherwise. Keep doing what you're doing. For those of you that are really annoyed by tripfags, know that it's you who give them their power. Don't play their game: stop the problem.

I'm not going to ask you to pledge or anything gay. Let's just stop engaging the tripfags.

>> No.1719517

that guy is hot

i always feel weird to see attractive men from the 50s, its like im wanking over a nun or a priest or something

>> No.1719515

AND MY AXE!!!!!!!

>> No.1719523

i already do this

>> No.1719518

tl;dr op is illitarate

>> No.1719525

mods pls autoplay "we shall overcome" itt

>> No.1719527

Y p much the only solution is to either ignore the annoying tripfags, or to ignore the fact that they're tripfags and just respond to them as anonymous, or to engage them in some way that they dont know how to deal with

The problem is that there's always going to be at least one guy out there who doesn't listen to this, or just gets frustrated and can't help responding to a troll, or some shit like that. Like, it's nearly impossible to get this to happen on a broad scale. But I guess the larger answer is that if you just ignore them it doesn't matter if they're present.

Always remember: the "hide thread" button is your most powerful weapon in the fight against trips.

>> No.1719535
File: 34 KB, 450x332, slap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WE SHALL NOT

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

WE SHALL NOT

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

LIKE A TREE THAT'S STANDING BY THE WA-A-TER

WE SHALL

NOT BE MOVED

>> No.1719539

>>1719527
if you want to treat me as anonymous its okay with me

one of the reasons i dont just post as anonymous already is that i feel like i would be letting a lot of people down

i know that sounds narcissistic maybe it is idk

>> No.1719576
File: 21 KB, 419x346, 1296616950460.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719512
mods should stucky this

and make a copy on /tv/

>> No.1719588

>>1719576
stfu newfag this is 4chan. people might not post the way you want them to

>> No.1719627
File: 15 KB, 190x265, charlie-sheen-fuck-yeah-Im-a-warlock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

YEAH FUCK EM ALL!

>> No.1719631
File: 568 KB, 200x136, deepandedgy at the movies GIF.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i wonder if this will be as successful as Operation Tripswitch

we'll see how long you illiterate faggots hold out

>> No.1719640
File: 13 KB, 100x100, sheens_vision.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719631
YEAH FUCK EM ALL!

>> No.1719642

lol

>> No.1719651

>>1719512

What if I don't get pissed off at tripfags, and in fact the rage they induce in me actually gives me energy, and calms my mind. What if I'm actually fucking sick of other Anons creating ENTIRE FUCKING THREADS in which they bitch and cavil about fucking tripfags and how much they annoy them. What if, furthermore, I think that you coming on here and telling ME what to fucking do is really coming it some? I mean, who the fuck do you think you are, you sag-knackered faggot?

If you don't want to post in tripfag threads, then don't. I don't give two tugs on a dead dog's cock what you do. But don't tell me what to do, you fucking queen.

>>1719539

Fuck off, Fabulous, you prick.

>>1719631

No-one has any idea what you're talking about, and you're so borderline literate that you can hardly fucking spell most of the time. Additionally, I have NEVER seen you make one original comment or statement about literature. In fact, sometimes I doubt if you've ever actually finished a book. You're a fucking travesty.

>> No.1719657

>>1719627
>>1719640
you messed up your tripcode, friend

it's really not worth using anymore...

or is this a trick?

>> No.1719658
File: 40 KB, 460x302, download2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719651
YEAH FUCK FAB! HA HA HAAAAA
passive aggressive ass hole

>> No.1719666

>>1719651
>>1719651
cool story bro!

>> No.1719671

>>1719657
FUCKING TRICKS BROSEPHSTALIN!!

>> No.1719685

>>1719666

Yeah, I thought so too. It's not just the story though, it's my own inimitable style of delivery that makes the tale. And you know you fucking love it, you whore.

>> No.1719694

>>1719651
>what if...?

Anon said not to change your mind about anything if you don't hate trips

>> No.1719697

>>1719685
>>1719685
no i think it's substandard at best
you're too focused on your personality than what you're attempting to create, remove yourself from your works a little more

>> No.1719699

>>1719685
did you read the OP of the very thread you are posting in

knock this shit off

>> No.1719707

OP is secretly a tripfag and this is a reverse psychology thread.If hes not,then OP is way more idiotic than i had first presumed.

>> No.1719717

>>1719512
Great plan. Will participate.

>> No.1719724
File: 546 KB, 1448x2436, 1301209178306.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

we haven't done anything wrong

>> No.1719744

One thing I have noticed is that consistently pointing out the fact that Quentin is a troll, and also probably an alternate account for Stagolee, seems to be a good general policy.

>> No.1719748
File: 5 KB, 251x205, jim carrey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719744
>account
>4chan

>> No.1719747

My favorite tripfags

-Deep&Edgy
-onionring
-trumancapote
-Fabulous
-Quentin
-Stagolee
-Tybrax
-brownbear
-Virginia W00f

and the rest because tripfriends are the best!

>> No.1719757

>>1719747
I don't know how anyone can stand Deep&Edgy.

>> No.1719758

If you haven't blocked all tripfags, you are part of the problem.

>> No.1719760

>>1719757
I would suspect that the post you are quoting may be less than entirely sincere and honest in his statement.

Remember! On 4chan, things are not always what they seem!

>> No.1719768

Tripfags are the worst, I agree.

>> No.1719772

>>1719699

Actually no, I didn't. In all seriousness, this pointless tripfag vs. anon debate is far more tedious than any of the tripfags themselves (other than onionring or whatever the fuck she calls herself this week). The truth is that there is no superiority of Anon over tripfag, it's an illusion - tripfags are equally anonymous, but their trip provides a consistency, and a target, however they are no less 'anonymous' than anyone else - you have no idea who Brownbear of Fabulous or Virginia W00F are than you do me.

To become annoyed because someone chooses to give themselves an ersatz identity on the intawebz, and then uses that identity to troll and annoy you is incredibly counter-productive, and it's a massive waste of everyone's time.

And it's not like the literary discussions on this board amount to anything other than a circle jerk over salinger, pynchon and other very very obvious works.

If you don't like tripfags, then fine, ignore them - install greasemonkey or whatever the hell you need to do to filter them out, but don't spend thread after thread after thread laying out manifestoes and trying to define the activity of other anons, particularly when that advice is effectively "Do not feed the trolls" which any newcomer to 4chan, or indeed the internet in general, already knows.

Oh shit, I forgot to swear. HEY BROWNBEAR, I FUCKED YOUR MUM, AND YOU KNOW WHAT? SHE SAID MY COCK TASTES JUST LIKE YOURS. YEAH, I THOUGHT THAT WAS WEIRD AS WELL.

Normal cursing and swearing will shortly be resumed.

In the meantime, Anon, fuck you, and stop telling me what to do, or I'm going to have to come and fuck your mum as well, and you WILL NOT LIKE ME as your step-daddy - it will be bedtime a lot earlier, and no fucking turkey dinosaurs unless you start fucking BEHAVING.

>> No.1719774

>>1719768

fuck em all!

>> No.1719786

>>1719772
I agree, frankly, that a certain amount of the arguing over tripfags is bullshit. I don't think that Anon is superior to tripfags. That's bullshit. There's nothing inherently different. I just think that a bunch of tripfags are either really shitty posters or trolls, and it's annoying as hell, and I would like it if they went away. There's really bad anon posters, and there's really bad trips.

But I do agree with a lot of what you're saying.

>> No.1719788

archive

>> No.1719797

>>1719786
I normally try to keep the posts i put effort into with my name (no trip), and then when I have to post in a fit of fartbrains, I remove it.

Of course there are exceptions...

>> No.1719802

>>1719786
What makes anon superior to tripfags is that tripfags post primarily to establish an identity for themselves. The very fact that they bother with a trip indicates that they are concerned with something other than simply contributing to a discussion or presenting an argument or whatever. They want to be recognized for it. They want to be disliked for it. Half the posts made by tripfags are barely related to /lit/. Cut away trip fags and the incentive to post useless shit just to see your name posted every thread disappears, and you're left with useless shit that is shit for its own sake.

>> No.1719805

Saging a self-contradictory piece of rhetoric. Post a fucking literature thread, or at the very least in a literature thread, asshole.

>> No.1719822

>>1719802
>What makes anon superior to tripfags is that tripfags post primarily to establish an identity for themselves. The very fact that they bother with a trip indicates that they are concerned with something other than simply contributing to a discussion or presenting an argument or whatever.

That's certainly untrue in the abstract. Yeah, tripfags are to some extent interested in building some kind of identity, but there's no reason that necessarily stops them from making funny or relevant or intelligent posts. And a lot of posters who ARE interested in contributing to the discussion make bad posts. And a lot of posters who are anon aren't interested in contributing to the discussion - there's certainly no shortage of anon trolls.

>They want to be recognized for it. They want to be disliked for it. Half the posts made by tripfags are barely related to /lit/. Cut away trip fags and the incentive to post useless shit just to see your name posted every thread disappears, and you're left with useless shit that is shit for its own sake.

A lot of this is true but it's true of shitty/troll/annoying tripfags, not of tripfags as such. The reason tripfag posts are so often off topic is because there's a lot of spammy trollfags, not because of something inherent to tripfagging.

>> No.1719859
File: 242 KB, 661x716, tripfags_lit_perfect.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719802

>Half the posts made by tripfags are barely related to /lit/. Cut away trip fags and the incentive to post useless shit just to see your name posted every thread disappears, and you're left with useless shit that is shit for its own sake.

This applies equally to Anon - the vast majority of posts on this board are utter crap. There are countless threads about the same 10 books (and anyone who's been here longer than a week knows what they are). Pointless 'lists of best x literary form', and then even more ridiculous posturing about tripfags, or people slagging others for liking things they don't.

For Anons to take the higher ground is ridiculous.

And I will reiterate: If you don not like tripfags, and you have not installed greasemonkey and filtered them all out, then you are probably fucking retarded - I cannot see the point of this stupid, repetitive and circular argument. You chat shit about tripfags and the way the pollute and cancer up the board, then spend endless threads talking about tripfags rather than literature, while simultaneously complaining that tripfags contribute nothing about literature. It's just fucking retarded.

>> No.1719870

guys just stop and think for a second

aren't we having fun?

>> No.1719877

so like can you sit down when talking.

>> No.1719879

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GENTLEMEN SHUT THE FUCK UP
GENTLEMEN SHUT THE FUCK UP
YEAH YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP

Okay, thats better. You see, /lit/ actively feeds shitty tripfags and is the reason why we have an endless cycle of people who spam our board. Before Brownbear, we had tybrax, before tybrax we had stagolee, Before stagolee we had philosopher-chan, before philosopher-chan we had Gamer Girl

AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY WE HAD THEM, WE FUCKING FED THEM. DON'T EVEN REPLY TO A THREAD LIKE THIS, IGNORE IT USING THE GREASEMONKEY EXTENSION (google 4chan greasemonkey extension you lazy fatasses).

And in a month, nobody will care about the current attn:whore and they'll simply cease being important and become a part of the background. You want to know the reason why we have so many trips who troll? BECAUSE /LIT/ FUCKING FEEDS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM AND IS HYPER-REACTIVE TO TRIPFAGS IN GENERAL, GIVING THEM MOTIVATION TO SHITPOST FOR THE ATTENTION THEY CRAVE BECAUSE THEY GET TREATED LIKE SHIT IF THEY POST ANYTHING ELSE. QUIT FEEDING THEM YOU TWITS, AND IGNORE THE OBVIOUS SAMEFAGGING THAT WILL OCCUR.
Okay,and if you haven't taken the hint stop posting in this thread and install greasemonkey

>> No.1719882

>>1719879
yum lol

>> No.1719895
File: 7 KB, 203x222, yotsubasmilinf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1719882

>> No.1719908

My favourite tripfag is Dog.

He actually posts his stories and shit, takes criticism, responds to it, etc.

Everyone else is shit, pretty much.

>> No.1719936

>>1719908
shove it you illiterate pleb, forced meme trumps all. Either that or scout

>> No.1719952

Why doesn't everyone just become a tripfag?

>> No.1719961

>>1719952
Is it conformist or non-conformist to become a tripfag,i can't tell anymore.

>> No.1720042

>>1719961

It's post-neo-non-conformist. It's the very thing, or not.