[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 132 KB, 736x924, 1481149452072.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17328625 No.17328625 [Reply] [Original]

philosophy (analysis) is an act. it is fundamentally an act. the field of battle is pages and the ammunition is words, but the sacred tradition of reasoning is not a passive state or a hobby one can perform "satisfactorily enough." it's an endless progression towards the expansion of some musculature unidentifiable by words.

it's an act. i'd go as far to say that all reading is like this, but i haven't had enough experience to make the more general claim. it's something you're meant to improve at. you're meant to see yourself flourish in the same way you would in any sport. there is a "zone" you can enter. you can be reasoning and analyzing and responding "out of your mind." your focus can be immense and your mind can be empty while producing awe inspiring work that surprises even you.

just a quasi-meditation for y'all.

>> No.17328848

>philosophy (analysis) is an act. it is fundamentally an act
Isn't this obviously true?

>the sacred tradition of reasoning is not a passive state
right

>or a hobby one can perform "satisfactorily enough."
Why not?

>it's something you're meant to improve at.
Meant by whom?

>> No.17329084
File: 18 KB, 251x242, 1582635753874.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ayo this white boy thinks he's conan

>> No.17329095

>>17328625
dont uhhhh quit your day job to be a writer

>> No.17329100

>>17328625
>philosophy (analysis)
stopped reading right there

>> No.17329140

>>17328848
because no act can be performed in such a way. all acts, if they are done to be done properly, must tend towards perfection. they must be repeated with immense focus and attention to detail with the intent to progress. doing philosophy without a mindset akin to this really is masturbation.

improvement isn't subjective. one can see more, see it faster, elaborate it more lucidly and efficiently. these are all obvious improvements the occurrence of which you have immediate access to if you have a basic self awareness. many stagnate because of a lack of directed effort or a lack of talent, but that has no bearing on the nature of the act itself.

>>17329100
keep telling fictional stories under the guise of something more than fictional stories.

>> No.17329193

i think originality in philosophy is nothing more than the byproduct of constant, intense cognitive drilling, the products of which some are closer to by natural disposition. as with most acts, if you haven't done it for thousands of hours you're likely underperforming and underachieving. all you can and should do is just repeat the motion more times. sure, this is a cognitive motion more than an immediately physical one, but it's fundamentally the same sort of stuff. somewhere amidst all this toil your newly established musculature, which is still developing, begins to respond to the input in novel and fascinating ways. here is where true creativity can begin to happen. everything else is amateurish drivel, which sometimes can resemble true creativity but seldom does.

the above is the very nature of mastery. nothing more, nothing less.

>> No.17329245

some of you have pretentions disproportional to the amount of time you've spent doing the thing you consider yourself exemplary in while also clearly lacking in any real talent. i'd go so far as to say that most people here don't grasp the very notion of cognitive work and haven't gone through a single day of honest, cognitive labor in the entirety of their lives. this thread is largely a place for intellectually insecure charlatans to flaunt their meaningless discoveries and opinions.

go work. treat it like a blue collar job for a few months.

>> No.17329280

>>17328625
pseud babble

>> No.17329290

>>17329245
this is an act. a contemporary art and the ammunition and the intricacies of the subtleties of the grasped cognitive branches of the res and the persona veritas is in the war and the act of itself representing itself. only something is to a thing if an only if the thing is thinging with the thingy itself.

just a meditation. nothing personnel heh.

>> No.17329313

>>17329290
you're a great mocker. i can tell if you've spent lots of time mocking on the internet. too bad there is nothing admirable or marketable in that capacity or you'd be a millionaire.

>> No.17329709

>>17329313
oh but this by my act i mean the one that contains the essences. WHICH ARE MORE PERFECT? 100 ideal bucks or 100 real bucks. i never thought of obtaining perfection. i always dreamed about it, young man...

>> No.17329797

>>17329140
>if they are done to be done properly
properly according to whom? you still haven't answered that

>doing philosophy without a mindset akin to this really is masturbation.
now you're getting it

>improvement isn't subjective. one can see more, see it faster, elaborate it more lucidly and efficiently. these are all obvious improvements the occurrence of which you have immediate access to if you have a basic self awareness.
Sure, but you've only argued that philosophy is not subjective. You haven't argued that it is objective, just said it.

>> No.17330367
File: 2.47 MB, 480x264, jaden.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17329709
>How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?