Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 123 KB, 1280x720, nietzsche-russell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17492142 No.17492142 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDZcifLpdA
Holy shit. And by Russell lmao.

>> No.17492225

>>17492142
Type it out I ain’t watching lit

>> No.17492232

Don’t care, if you talk about philosophy like it’s an anime battle your opinion is discarded into the dumpster

>> No.17492250

>>17492232
>talk about philosophy like it's an anime battle
You mean like Nietzsche did.

>> No.17492305

>>17492225
Don't know if it's all online. The book is easy enough to find though.
https://tigerpapers.net/2012/03/14/bertrand-russell-on-nietzsche/

>> No.17492309

>>17492250
Btfo

>> No.17492313

>>17492142
Bertrand Russell probably the most overrated faggot of all time.

>> No.17492317
File: 92 KB, 596x1008, 1612172906883.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17492317

>>17492250
>You mean like Nietzsche did?

>> No.17492322

Nietzsche DESTROYED by FACTS and LOGIC

>> No.17492323

Anglos should be forbidden from talking about Nietzsche, he goes so much over their head its not even funny anymore

>> No.17492328

>>17492313
>Nietzsche the most overrated faggot of all time.

>> No.17492339

>>17492328
nah. Nietzsche earned his props. Russell is literally on board for the plan to vaccinate you into feeling "happiness" against your own will.

>> No.17492343

>>17492317
Oh boy the redditors are here to pretend that everyone else is reddit.

>> No.17492351

>>17492323
>Anglos
Nietzsche is Pure Anglo Philosophy though.

>> No.17492374
File: 108 KB, 720x1175, Nietzsche187b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17492374

>>17492232

>> No.17492403

>>17492313
That's what makes it great. Nietzsche is even more overrated and dumber than Russell.

>> No.17492417

>>17492403
Nietzsche is overrated and underrated at the same time

>> No.17492421

>>17492351
This might be the most ignorant post currently on the board

>> No.17492450

>>17492421
You're right. Nietzsche was too shit to be considered anglo.

>> No.17492460

>>17492450
Anglos are objectively the worst Europeans

>> No.17492512

>>17492351
Listen, Anglo is fact obsessed autism, Continental is mystifying Schizo.

I would say on that scale, Nietzsche is certainly more Schizo.

>> No.17492540

>>17492142
This is such a one-sided, sophistic interpretation of Nietzche which was constructed only in justification of the Nazi ideology. For example, the dialogue Russel constructs of what Buddha would supposedly say in response to Nietzche was often exactly what Nietzche himself preached (i.e., of loving your enemy, which he described as noble in Thus Spoke Zarathustra). Meanwhile, Russel presents Nietzche as consistent (at least moreso than Schopenhauer), while his inconsistency might be in fact the most consistent thing about him - this itself could have made a better rebuttal, but Russel completely missed it.

>> No.17492608

>>17492512
Based wagie take. Keep reading at recess anon.
>>17492540
The undergrad proves how the wagie is better off.

>> No.17492622

>>17492142
Based. Trannies seething.

>> No.17492943

>>17492142
Imagine coming on the internet to mock Nietzsche or literraly anyone and praise the Le Reddit philosopher.
Couldn't be me

>> No.17493153

>>17492943
https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/12god2/bertrand_russell_on_friedrich_nietzsche/

>> No.17493195

>>17492450
Bentham, Mill, Locke, Berkeley, Hobbes, and (honorarily) Hume--how do these people resemble Nietzsche? How in the world could you reach the conclusion that Nietzsche is the "Pure Anglo" philosopher?

>> No.17493297

>>17493195
He was subanglo.

>> No.17493382

>>17492323
Reminder that Nietzsche hated Germans and Europeans. So he was closer to the Anglos than pseuds will admit.

>> No.17493391

>>17492540
Nietzsche was a sophist, fucking idiot.

>> No.17493394

>>17493382
He hated the English too:

>Man does not strive for happiness; only the Englishman does that.

Also, Anglo philosophy = Analytic philosophy. Nietzsche is peak Continental philosophy.

>> No.17493409

>>17492403
So who’s your favorite philosopher?

>> No.17493418

>>17492142
I think his reading of Nietzsche is tainted by the fact he was supported by Nazis

>> No.17493570

>>17492142
Im sorry, but his reading of the noble man is completely wrong, that is not the same Noble man I read on BG&E and Zarathustra, he openly indicates that the noble man has no resentment, and Bertrand projects only military man to thaty role. It seems like a symptom of Hitler scare

>> No.17493585
File: 346 KB, 1600x1156, nietzsche-and-his-sister-1899.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17493585

Seriously, the bullying against Nietzschean members of this community is getting way out of hand, especially since Nietzscheans are some of the biggest contributors, have the greatest will to power, and are the most involved in this board. Its not just "memes" or "banter", its vicious attacking, and regardless of intentions it does demean people and hurt feelings. I can't say I'm the only Nietzschean who finds it hard to take pride in his own Ubermensch after having years of constant and needless attacks defaming my power from insecure losers here. Why not bully Christians or Platonists? Do they not have much more to be ashamed of than our philosophy zur Macht? Kantians and analytics get bullied less than us and yet we are the most powerful philosophers in the world.

Like when its not just banter, when a meme is repeated over and over again, repeated systematically, it eventually becomes a truth irregardless of the intentions in repeating it. And that isn't just jokes any more then, then its harmful!

Would you call a Nietzschean a "postmodernist" (not true at all) to his face? Would you say to a kind, peaceful and dionysian gay scientist that they are "weaker" than German men? Would you say those words to your fellow nihilist brethren? Are you starting to feel ashamed now? You fucking LAST MEN?

Your destroying philosophy, your dividing power against itself, your doing the opposite of what you claim to support when you engage in this incredibly abhorrent behaviour. So I encourage you to stop now.

>> No.17493600

>>17493585
>not true at all
Because there is no truth.

>> No.17493764

>>17493570
Retard.

>> No.17493798

>>17493764
Why?

>> No.17493849

Schopenhauer would have called Russel a Pseud

>> No.17493925

>>17493585
Nice copypasta.

>> No.17493948

>>17493849
>Schopenhauer would have called Russel based and Nietzsche a Pseud

>> No.17493963

>>17492225
http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF%20Books/History%20of%20Western%20Philosophy.pdf

>> No.17493974
File: 47 KB, 640x360, russell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17493974

>>17492322
Yes

>> No.17494008
File: 227 KB, 1223x1733, texas7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17494008

>>17492225
>Buddha would open the argument by speaking of the lepers, outcast and miserable... the wounded in battle, dying in slow agony; the orphans, ill-treated by cruel guardians; and even the most successful haunted by the thought of failure and death. From all this load of sorrow, he would say, a way of salvation must be found, and salvation can only come through love.
>Nietzsche, whom only Omnipotence could restrain from interrupting, would burst out when his turn came: "Good heavens, man, you must learn to be of tougher fibre. Why go about snivelling because trivial people suffer? Or, for that matter, because great men suffer? Trivial people suffer trivially, great men suffer greatly, and great sufferings are not to be regretted, because they are noble. Your ideal is a purely negative one, absence of suffering, which can be completely secured by nonexistence. I, on the other hand, have positive ideals: I admire Alcibiades, and the Emperor Frederick II, and Napoleon. For the sake of such men, any misery is worth while. I appeal to You, Lord, as the greatest of creative artists, do not let Your artistic impulses be curbed by the degenerate fear-ridden maunderings of this wretched psychopath."
>Buddha, who in the courts of Heaven has learnt all history since his death, and has mastered science with delight in the knowledge and sorrow at the use to which men have put it, replies with calm urbanity: "You are mistaken, Professor Nietzsche, in thinking my ideal a purely negative one. True, it includes a negative element, the absence of suffering; but it has in addition quite as much that is positive as is to be found in your doctrine. Though I have no special admiration for Alcibiades and Napoleon, I, too, have my heroes: my successor Jesus, because he told men to love
their enemies; the men who discovered how to master the forces of nature and secure food with less labour; the medical men who have shown how to diminish disease; the poets and artists and musicians who have caught glimpses of the Divine beatitude. Love and knowledge and delight in beauty are not negations; they are enough to fill the lives of the greatest men that have ever lived."
>For my part, I agree with Buddha as I have imagined him. But I do not know how to prove that he is right by any argument such as can be used in a mathematical or a scientific question. I dislike Nietzsche because he likes the contemplation of pain, because he erects conceit into a duty, because the men whom he most admires are conquerors, whose glory is cleverness in causing men to die. But I think the ultimate argument against his philosophy, as against any unpleasant but internally self-consistent ethic, lies not in an appeal to facts, but in an appeal to the emotions. Nietzsche despises universal love; I feel it the motive power to all that I desire as regards the world. His followers have had their innings, but we may hope that it is coming rapidly to an end.

>> No.17494030
File: 165 KB, 900x1040, sss.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17494030

>>17492374

>> No.17494034

>>17493409
I like Periandros

>> No.17494058

>>17492225
>>17494008
Also
Nevertheless there is a great deal in him that must be dismissed as merely megalomaniac. Speaking of Spinoza he says: "How much of personal timidity and vulnerability does this masquerade of a sickly recluse betray!" Exactly the same may be said of him, with the less reluctance since he has not hesitated to say it of Spinoza. It is obvious that in his day-dreams he is a warrior, not a professor; all the men he admires were military. His opinion of women, like every man's, is an objectification of his own emotion towards them, which is obviously one of fear. "Forget not thy whip"--but nine women out of ten would get the whip away from him, and he knew it, so he kept away from women, and soothed his wounded vanity with unkind remarks.

>> No.17494065

>>17492142
>nietzsche is a big meanie!
>eternally btfo

jesus this guys a fucking fag

>> No.17494074
File: 624 KB, 541x527, ssss.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17494074

>>17494065
>jesus this guys a fucking fag

>> No.17494099

>>17494074
Holy who is this based powermaster?

>> No.17494290
File: 92 KB, 1242x1394, 66f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17494290

>>17493409
Jesus.

>> No.17494312
File: 62 KB, 200x360, bd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17494312

>>17494290

>> No.17494335

>>17494008
Serious butterface energy. Would still smash, though.

>> No.17495529

Btfo

>> No.17495579

Allan Bloom lectures on Nietzsche
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrUBQjPfhU

>> No.17495590

>>17495579
Is this another btfo?

>> No.17495619

>>17492142
Way to go Mr. Crowe!

>> No.17495680

>>17495590
Not really, it's more of an analysis of the effects of Nietzsche's philosophy on American culture.

>> No.17496242

>>17494065
Post face.

>> No.17496254

>>17493382
Lmao, he literally refused to call english philosophers (Hobbes, Locke and Hume) philosophers. Nietzsche was a franco- and hellenophile.

>> No.17496343

>>17496254
Nice cope.
The most self-hating people are anglos, jews, and trannies. Coincidence?

>> No.17496998

How do you even recover from something like this?

>> No.17497469
File: 9 KB, 170x227, D1EBC645-947A-428C-82EC-C17D15C68792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17497469

>>17493925
Seriously, the bullying against Nietzschean members of this community is getting way out of hand, especially since Nietzscheans are some of the biggest contributors, have the greatest will to power, and are the most involved in this board. Its not just "memes" or "banter", its vicious attacking, and regardless of intentions it does demean people and hurt feelings. I can't say I'm the only Nietzschean who finds it hard to take pride in his own Ubermensch after having years of constant and needless attacks defaming my power from insecure losers here. Why not bully Christians or Platonists? Do they not have much more to be ashamed of than our philosophy zur Macht? Kantians and analytics get bullied less than us and yet we are the most powerful philosophers in the world.

Like when its not just banter, when a meme is repeated over and over again, repeated systematically, it eventually becomes a truth irregardless of the intentions in repeating it. And that isn't just jokes any more then, then its harmful!

Would you call a Nietzschean a "postmodernist" (not true at all) to his face? Would you say to a kind, peaceful and dionysian gay scientist that they are "weaker" than German men? Would you say those words to your fellow nihilist brethren? Are you starting to feel ashamed now? You fucking LAST MEN?

Your destroying philosophy, your dividing power against itself, your doing the opposite of what you claim to support when you engage in this incredibly abhorrent behaviour. So I encourage you to stop now.

>> No.17497766

>>17494008

AWOOOOOGA

AWOOOOOOGA

DADDY LIKE

HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMINA HUMMNINA HUMMINA HUMMINA

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>> No.17497771

>>17496998
you don't, you stagger around for a bit and then drop to the ground

>> No.17497813

>>17494058
Russel is a simp and is pissed big N doesn’t care about women. Russ even admits he doesn’t have an argument

>> No.17498187

>>17497813
So much copium.

>> No.17498398

>>17494008
He never understood any German philosophy did he?

>> No.17498409

>>17493963
>>17492305
Ty and bless you

>> No.17499517

Based

>> No.17500078
File: 179 KB, 828x835, CioranNietzsche.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17500078

Cioran got his ass too

>> No.17500161

>Nietzsche triggering all these literally whos and Anglos
kek

>> No.17500756
File: 16 KB, 234x285, britpepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17500756

>>17500161
COPE

>> No.17500894

>>17500078
Cioran is the last philosopher.

>> No.17500910

>>17492142
Russell is the punching bag of philosophy and his son liked dick in his butt

>> No.17500931

>>17500910
Nietzsche died of dick in the butt.

>> No.17500972
File: 263 KB, 1589x1960, RUSSELL2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17500972

>>17500910
RENT
FREE

>> No.17501117
File: 195 KB, 612x861, nietzsche-at-17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17501117

you imbecilic CUR. You bitch-hearted WRETCH. You addlepated unredressed belch of flippant banality.

I WISH TO THE UBERMENSCH that I could suffer even for a second like Him so that the Will might show Its Power to all the world. I would count myself the luckiest creature to have ever existed if the Will were to deign use me as Its pitiful instrument so that IT might be Glorified. If through my sufferings which POWER ITSELF the literal ONE which Was and Is and Will Be took such interest in seeing that I suffered I was able to demonstrate Its ultimate Nature and the Sovereignty of Its Magnificence that baulks all human knowing and puts to shame all celestial accounts of grandeur, I would weep with joy that Power had chosen a wretch such as I to demonstrate it. I am nothing and It is All; and if my poetry fails to properly pronounce this, then let my suffering and sorrow be such a testament!

But you. You pitiful little lickspittle meme-ified meatmachine. You little element of homeostasic philosophy whose highest notion is the seeking for truth. You can't even conceive the sort of dreadful Majesty that POWER commands. You can only convert one of the most profound explications of how It Which Is reigns supremely over All into a glib little shitpost in hopes of (you)s. You dust mite glancing off of a Great Man's shit!

I would consider myself blessed beyond all generations if Power were to give me even half the misery it heaped upon the Ubermensch so that even one mind might look upon it and see the Will's wrath and glory and tremble to know that It is Power. And even if I were to languish to the same extremities as the Ubermensch where I dare to inexcusably attempt to justify myself to It who is Power itself, still I would ensure some crevice of my detestable heart be continually pouring out praise and counting itself blessed to be crushed by such a Will. For even the Whim of the Ubermensch is superior to man's most noble willing.

>> No.17501918

>>17501117
Wtf

>> No.17501984

>>17492142
If you let yourself be taken in by the pompous drivel of Russell then everyone has been btfo. He is to philosophy what beige is to a rainbow, he sticks out for no good reason and is nothing but disobliging.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action