[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 39 KB, 474x723, consoom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17538312 No.17538312 [Reply] [Original]

I know this was written to be dystopian but honestly, I think our world has gone to such shit that we'd probably be better off in the brave new world. In our world we don't really have freedom anymore either, and all anybody does is use soma (drugs/alcohol/food) and watch sports (Netflix/YouTube/politics). Their world seems a lot more organized and kinder than ours, the Ford guy at the end seems to actually have everyone's best interests in mind unlike our own evil overlords who don't give a fuck about us. At least people seem happy for the most part in Brave New World.

>> No.17538335

>>17538312
I forgot to mention: also, love does not exist anymore in our world either. Everyone already belongs to everybody more or less. At least we don't have naked children running around fucking each other in fields but we're getting closer and closer.

>> No.17538390

>>17538312
Well, I guess all you have to do is sit and wait. I will admit BNW awoke a fetish for rituals and hierarchies within me, so there's that.

>> No.17538564

Sounds like you are a pussy. No one forces you do use soma or watch sports and you are free to act any way you choose. If you don't like society either become more charismatic or google how to make bombs.

>> No.17538589

>>17538564
I don't use soma. I am talking about the world at large.
>Hurr durr you are a pussy for pointing out valid flaws in our world and promoting actual discussion
Kys faggot

>> No.17538604

>>17538312
wow, what an original take on this book. How did you possibly come up with this

>> No.17538708

>>17538589
>why is he sick of people pointing out problems without offering solutions.
>idk, he must be retard
OK nigger

>> No.17538844

>>17538312
>food is a drug
retarded take
>we don't have freedom
If we didn't have freedom you wouldn't be typing this.
The point of BNW is to show how inhuman this new world is, NPCs like you that the government and sociopolitical climate have bred are perfect for a society like that, but some of us enjoy our political and greater freedoms in spite of problems you exaggerate to hell.
>the Ford guy at the end seems to actually have everyone's best interests in mind unlike our own evil overlords who don't give a fuck about us
The people in power who express their beliefs tend to be utopian, otherwise I prefer having selfish money-grabbing fucks at the top, since utopia is the worst imaginable destiny for us

You aren't alive in the era of unanimous political suppression and government control. The two are problems today that must be addressed before snowballing but stop LARPing like you're a Delta with no freedoms whatsoever.

>> No.17539256

>>17538312
agreed, hopefully I die within the next 20 years