[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 600x600, 1618793701731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18191507 No.18191507 [Reply] [Original]

I love to sip whiskey and read until I pass out, does anyone have experience with other types of intoxicants and reading? Any that don't diminish reading comprehension like alcohol?

>> No.18191512

That doesn't sound very healthy anon. Try drinking water while you read instead.

>> No.18191531

>>18191507
I used to overdose on benadryl and read. Amphetamines are an obvious recommendation. Vyvanse was my favorite prescription. Dexedrine is close to meth. I used to smoke cigarettes all the time too. A couple of times when my LSD tolerance was higher, and I had the fortitude to try and read, it was fun, letters floated off the pages and it'd be like deciphering a holocron from star wars or something. I never read on opiates. Listening to audiobooks on dxm was fun, my favorite was Rimbaud's a season in hell. I don't do drugs anymore. Except for caffeine.

>> No.18191578

>>18191507
Loved reading on kratom, but the tolerance rises far too fast so it becomes expensive and annoying, withdrawal is shitty too.

Booze is fine in small doses, if you can’t stick to couple of beers or equivalent amount of wine/liquor, the reading experience becomes worthless.

Weed is trash for anything intellectual, best suited for video games, food or sex.

Stimulants are perfect for writing, less so for reading. Can’t even imagine trying to cobble sentences together without the old trusted combo of nicotine + caffeine. You can not give a fuck and do meth too, it’s the king of industrial energy.

Hallucinogens are fantastic for inspiration, though you don’t need more than few such experiences in life.