[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 25 KB, 272x300, greyjoy-272x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1823504 No.1823504 [Reply] [Original]

So, what do you think will happen?

I think Danny will side with the Greyjoys(and marry Victarion). She will use his ships as a way to transport her army from across the sea to Westeros once she learns how to rule properly.

Quentyn will fuck up his mission and die in the process(killed by Ser Jorah who returns to try and redeem himself).

Arya's first target will likely be someone very close to her or an acquaintance of someone close to her. Most probably her target will either be Jon or Stannis.

Theon will do something important(it's probably related to the fact he knows Bran and Rickon are still alive).

The wall will come down at the end of Dance.

Davos will die(it's a certain it will happen, it'd be redundant if he pulled another Bran and Rickon with Davos).

>> No.1823517

You misspelled Davros. Also, I don't have a clue what this shit is but it looks shit

>> No.1823548

oh it is this thread agai.. WAIT
don´t tell me this is actually about the book!

Oh my prediction is Dany crashing in near Kings Landing or sumethin but is not yet in full control of dragons which fucks things up a little. don´t know how but tyrion will be involved.
do not think arya will develop so fast.
probably some lame lessons first.

>> No.1823568

Check the map.

There's absolutely no way Dany will ever side with the Greyjoys. What motivation do they have to sail all the way down Westeros, past Dorne, and then across the Narrow Sea?

Dorne's never been conquered. I could see Quentyn succeeding, allying with Dany and allowing her to land in Dorne. Her troops are already used to the desert environment as well.

That's all I have so far as I'm only halfway through Feast.

>> No.1823577

>>1823568
Also, to add on to this: The Martell's have no love for the Lannisters. We know this.

And we can probably assume they would have no qualms about another Targaryen leader. I'm not 100% sure on the history, but did the Targaryens do anything to piss off Dorne when they were in power?

Dany won't "invade" in Dance per se, but I think she'll "arrive."

>> No.1824727

>>1823577
agree
her reign so far was all about the balance between diplomacy and overwhelming violence.
and since dany does not want bo rule the 7kingdoms as a tyranny the dragons wont be overused like in the good old times.

also: it seems like pretty much everyone is about to have a change for the better. like solving issues or teaming up with old foes.
there MUST be some crucial setback for some.
what do you think?

>> No.1824743

What gay shit are you faggorts banging on about?

>> No.1824761

>>1824743
>faggorts

Come back when you can spell, newcunt

>> No.1824764

>>1824761

MAek me, grammer cnut.

>> No.1825532

why should the wall come down?

>> No.1825544

First review is out from Publishers Weekly:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-553-80147-7

Short, and had a bit of a spoiler concerning Tyrion.

General tone of the review seems positive, though there are some things that make me nervous-

>The new volume has a similar feel to Feast
I didn't really expect anything huge to happen, but I had a really hard time getting through Feast, maybe because of the characters involved. Hopefully the return of "the big three" will make Dance more interesting.

>More characters are revived than killed off
This doesn't make sense to me, I thought he said he wanted to thin the herd? There are too many characters.

>Martin drops little hints around long-debated questions such as Jon's parentage.
JUST GIVE THE FUCKING ANSWER ALREADY. Stop with the damn hints and just blurt it out.

>> No.1825552

>>1825544
>but the heart-hammering conclusion hints that the next installment will see a return to the fiery battles and icy terror that earned the series its fanatic following.

Hopefully that means somebody important dies.

>> No.1825562
File: 404 KB, 585x900, Greyjoy Victarion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1823568
>>1823577
>>1824727
>they think Dany will have a choice