Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 62 KB, 976x850, frog picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18298052 No.18298052 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>pseud
>midwit
>filtered
>based
>cringe
>seethe
>cope
>dilate
>bluepilled
>redpilled
Why do you type like this?

>> No.18298058

Retard.

>> No.18298067

Because I’m a stupid nigger and let others do the thinking for me

>> No.18298069

>>18298052
based

>> No.18298073

>>18298052
I unironically don't.

>4chan is all one person

>> No.18298076

>>18298052
The people who read don't post and the people who post don't read.

>> No.18298082

>>18298052
of those I only use based, and I use it still in the sense that Lil B first used it. There simply is no alternative word to use for that particular concept and feeling

>> No.18298091
File: 98 KB, 975x849, frog picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18298091

>>18298073
>I unironically don't.
And yet you use non-words such as "unironically".

>> No.18298096

>>18298091
Seethe more ironist, cope and dilate

>> No.18298108

Death throes of a repetitive and stagnant board culture

>> No.18298245

>>18298091
Sneed

>> No.18298420

>>18298052
board culture

>> No.18298443

>>18298052
we develop our own language to keep outsiders out and gain a sense of belonging to a group, to be part of something

>> No.18298488

Desu I fried my brain from phoneposting. I used to be able to read and understand effortposts and respond in kind. Years down the road I just cant

>> No.18298496
File: 21 KB, 400x400, jt67un1l_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18298496

>>18298052
>Why do you type like this?
because I'm a pseud. what else am I gonna do? Discuss books? Bleh

>> No.18298518

>>18298052
Because it's based. Anything else is pseud midwit cope. You can seethe all you want but it just reveals you as a filtered bluepilled fag. Dilate.

>> No.18298582

>>18298052
filtered, midwit, pseud, and cringe are all very useful terms in my opinion. The rest should be eliminated from english forever

>> No.18298592

>>18298052
because 4chan's culture is to be actively hostile, and putting effort into a response only to be met with a zero effort "cope" is the ultimate insult. It encourages lazy, toxic posting, but that's what you get from this culture

>> No.18298595

FCVE
Four-chan vernacular English.

>> No.18298606

>>18298582
There are no sentences with those words that would not be improved by using a different word or just omitting it. The word cringe also causes an image to spring to my mind of the poster literally cringing like some frail old woman

>> No.18298635
File: 92 KB, 1000x1000, EIQH190XYAA-U_E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18298635

>>18298052
it's the same reason why I say nigger, its fun

>> No.18298636

>>18298606
midwit psued. cringe.

It would take entire paragraphs to convey as much meaning as I just did in three words.

>> No.18298652

>>18298636
Midwit is especially bad because the meaning of the term is not even clear, does it refer to people of average intelligence, slightly below average, slightly above? People just use it to mean 'not completely a retard but saying something I disagree with'. Pseud just means pretentious and it sounds ugly. Again saying cringe just makes you sound like a faggot, you may as well go around saying 'Im cowering'.

>> No.18298681

>>18298652
Midwit means that you are smart enough that you're smarter than most people you meet in person, so that you start to think you are smarter than everyone and you start forming your identity around your ideas and placing too much value on them when in reality they are mediocre. sort of like dunning kreuger effect. I don't think pretentious carries the same meaning as pseud at all. Pseud is in the context of pseudointellectualism specifically whereas pretentious could mean you're pretentious about anything. Your hang up on "cringe" is due to the fact that you are stuck in the past when cringe actually did mean something physical, you need to get with the times and understand the new context it's being used in. You're just an englishlet.

>> No.18298683

>>18298052
Because I want to fit in

>> No.18298690

>>18298443
>we gives ourselves an identity by acting like everyone else on this super popular social media site

>> No.18298791

>>18298091
This butthurt was foretold by the /lit/gods

Neck yourself, ironic frog poster.

>> No.18298807

>>18298683
Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP had four number one singles on it? Did you know that, Christy?

>> No.18298826

>>18298052
>synonymous alternatives

>> No.18298829
File: 101 KB, 973x848, frog picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18298829

@18298096
@18298791
>samefagging 2 hours later because I didn't respond the first time
Wow

>> No.18298855

I'm sorry, is a frogposter seriously complaining about meme-speak?

>> No.18298982

>>18298108
"culture"

>> No.18299001

>>18298052
Funny buzzwords.

I’m glad midwit and pseud are pretty much /lit/ only becuase I like them and would hate to see them become Reddit and then cliche

>> No.18299079

>>18298052

Those are just good signifiers of opinions to discard.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action