[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 42 KB, 640x511, Holy-Bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18340617 [Reply] [Original]

>8Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying,
>9I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me.
>10Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy,
>11He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths.
>12Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.
>13Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters.
>14For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
>15In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
>16Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
>17That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
>18He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
>19He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:
>20So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.
>21His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out.
>22Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.
>23If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:
>24Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
>25His flesh shall be fresher than a child's: he shall return to the days of his youth:
>26He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness.
>27He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not;
>28He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
>29Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man,
>30To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.