Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 29 KB, 1200x630, 1606642851880.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18501400 No.18501400 [Reply] [Original]

>everyone is wrong except for me
Jesus will all of his books be like this? So basically after reading this, everything I thought I knew about Hinduism is wrong?
How am I to learn about Hinduism if everything in English/The West is pozzed? I was honestly surprised he called out Vivekanada, I thought he would be one of the few he would approve of, I loved that Swami's lectures on YouTube. They felt authentic, but I guess Guenon would completely disagree.

How do I learn about Hinduism in its true form as a Westerner?

>> No.18501415

>>18501400
>How do I learn about Hinduism in its true form as a Westerner?
By reading all of Guenon's books on it. Also don't expect to love Guenon after one or two books, you didn't even read the metaphysical ones.

>> No.18501437

>>18501415
Btw, Coomaraswamy also have some books on hinu art and you can find his essays on hinduism in general, he was in complete agreememt with Guenon but he was a scholar, maybe you will prefer his style.

>> No.18501444

>>18501437
retarded keyboard

>> No.18501466

>>18501400
>loved that Swami's lectures on YouTube
If you mean Swami Sarvpriyananda (pbuh) who posts his stuff on Vivekananda-affiliated accounts, the vast majority of his videos talking about Advaita dont say much that Guenon would disagree with

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action