[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.24 MB, 343x498, 1610397793373.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18568215 No.18568215 [Reply] [Original]

Help
I'm feeling the urge again
I want to go on an online shopping spree and just buy random hard copy books to fill my shelf up
I still read a lot, but these days all of it is done on my e-reader and I pirate everything
which means my shelf is basically a display piece meant to store books I liked enough to buy a physical copy of and books that look good or are meant to make me look smart...
it just feels better to be able to hand people a physical book when you have guests around instead of just giving them your grimy e-reader tablet

>> No.18568430

>>18568215
>it just feels better to be able to hand people a physical book when you have guests around instead of just giving them your grimy e-reader tablet
How often do you do either of those things when you have friends over?

I just do as you said: use my shelf to display physical copies of books I already know I enjoy, so if a friend theoretically wanted a book rec I could hand it to them.
But the amount of times my friends have asked for book recommendations could be counted on zero hands.