[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 361 KB, 427x576, 2c4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18786808 [Reply] [Original]

What books will help me to stop caring about
>Muh nation
>Muh people
And help me to get obsessed with making money/investing/learning a valuable skill

>> No.18786816

>>18786808
>What books will help me to stop caring about
ayn rand

>> No.18786824
File: 67 KB, 480x600, 40AC693A-D3B7-4EF7-B3B5-51F79BCB3087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18786816
>Ayn Rand
Nice bait + filtered to oblivion.

>> No.18786839

>>18786824
then start with BGE

>> No.18786846

Actually any kind of book that fuels your hate towards our specie. It has been a week now, every monring i read the
>A Slap in the Face of Public Taste
, the russian manifestro of futurists. Unironically read Nietzsche and Stirner.

>> No.18786904

>>18786816
Does one of her books specifically contain the theme that politics is just a waste of time?
Too often i get caught up worrying about stuff that i have no control over and then I regret the wasted time and effort
I wanna autistically focus on acquiring wealth
>>18786846
>Stirner
Books recs for a philosophylet?

>> No.18786908

>>18786808
Have you ever tried selling your labour power in order to subsist?/

>> No.18786911

>>18786808
>Muh nation
>Muh people
This is only a joke to be thrown off when you actually have it.
You don't want to experience the alternative. It fucking sucks amd you'll die to have a place to call home

>> No.18786923

>>18786808
I'm becoming a wine merchant. I have connections with a lot of big California wineries. I'm going going set up localized websites in Brazil, China, and Russia. Import wines and then sell to the country's elites. Borders are for fags

>> No.18786945

>>18786904
Stirner has published only one book, Ego and its own. But don't think that you are reading actual philosophy while you are reading Stirner. He is a proper wanker that uses dialectics and constructs arguements that refute each other from chapter to chapter. But you read him only for his take on morality, community and his stance against other people. That's what you are looking for anyway.
From Nietzsche, maybe a lot of litards will disagree with me here, but start and stop at Zarathustra, it is the book which contains majority of his ideas that can lead to excellency.
I repeat, you are not reading philosophy when you read books that dictate a certain way of living, these kind of books i consider them just as good as those self help bullshit you can find in a convenience store or w/e you call those abroad. Pop culture friendly.

>> No.18786953

>>18786923
If you’re selling it to the elites who have money, why on Earth would they buy it through you? They can easily just order it online or something and cover the shipping costs, it’ll be cheaper by cutting off the middle man (you)

>> No.18786989

>>18786953
Because 99% of California wineries do not sell overseas. Foreigners can only access a few mediocre bottles by large corps. California wine is well known but the internal market is enough for profits, it's not worth the costs of exporting for the non gigantic wineries. Italian and French wineries have invested heavily in overseas markets that's why they are well represented.
Also, selling and buying alcohol across borders is pretty difficult, most countries require licensing and permits for importers. Meaning you can't just buy it from some guy on ebay. It's also a categorized as luxury item by most countries which makes the trading process more difficult.
Finally, there just aren't people doing this at all. Most aren't willing to move across the world to try out ventures. Small wineries would love for a middle man to come in, buy a supply, and do the whole international trade thing for them. French, Italian, spanish, and Argentine wine importers make a lot of money in other countries.
But for this business you need personal connection with wineries which I have through my parents who worked in the wine industry. It's still a pretty closed off industry for most

>> No.18787017

>>18786989
Ohhh I appreciate the elaborate answer. That makes a lot of sense and due to the complications you stated it seems to be a very small market, so good luck anon.

>> No.18787594

>>18786911
Seconded, you are your culture and therefore optimised to live inside of it

>> No.18787717

>>18786945
Stirner on morality? That is dumb, that is the only thing we can know is false. He is trying to shoehorn basically Christian moral values and base it on egotism and it doesn't work. Stirners idea about the spook is a lot more interesting, his moral philosophy is worthless

>> No.18787738

>>18786808

You don't need a book to tell you that Politics is a waste of time, anon. The amount of power any of us have is negligible compared to the real players who have far more time, money and influence than any of us combined. You will find happiness exists regardless of temporal political situations or overidentification with any tribe.

Although I'd say Stirner, Thoreau, The stoics (Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, Seneca) are good choices. Learn from stirner about spooks. Muh Nation and Muh People are spooks; false constructs made to inspire awe and reverence which is used to control you, much like a ghost; one might be inspired to flee their house were they to believe a ghost was in it. But it isn't real.