[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 195 KB, 1050x1600, 609369AE-25DF-45AD-B841-5F99FE0B50DB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18916505 No.18916505 [Reply] [Original]

Can we talk about this prescient masterpiece in historiography?
Actually I wanted to get a bit more personal. Since 2015 I’ve gotten redpilled but I feel I’m becoming de-radicalized after spending more time with my family, focusing on my studies, doing self-development. I feel like the more I meditate and read the less extremist I become, I don’t worry about the future as much nor do I believe the dystopian predictions constantly spouted here and elsewhere on this site all that much anymore.
In fact, I’m pretty optimistic that things are going to change for the better soon, no empire lasts forever and we are close to witnessing some big changes in the near future. I’m constantly reminded that my ancestors lived through worse and survived and even if a fatal collapse does come I’ll make it.
I fear that this new sense of calmness, being at peace with the world isn’t caused by maturing but rather a regression, becoming naive and bluepilled again. I really don’t know what to make of it.

>> No.18916648

>>18916505
Redpill is a cope. Congratulations for maturing.

>> No.18916658
File: 85 KB, 710x1005, 1516523250186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That's how everyone is. They get riled up and then rant about it online to blow off some steam, but it's all so they can go back to their lives, hang out with friends and pursue their hobbies etc. It's easy to provide them with the feeling of having done something, but none really cares about anything, not really. Every man has his price I guess.

>> No.18916666

>>18916648
>>18916505
It will get increasingly worse, every valid thinker affirms so. You may shut your eyes from it, but we are mere years or a few decades away from absolute chaos.

Modern zoomers have no sense of empathy due to lax parenting, technology addiction, and constant financial and sexual competition, therefore they are less emotionally affected by genocide and murder, since it's all a game, a "meme", if you will, for them.

You will literally see torture on a grand scale never before seen.

>> No.18916672

>>18916666
Checked

>> No.18916685

>>18916666
Hopefags BTFO

>> No.18916690

>>18916505
Not all changes are for good anon, if the US does indeed leave the world police they have now and China is allowed to influence other nations we will only see more civil strife, division, dictatorships supported by them, who knows even civil wars in some places. You may be calm and fine now, but you won't be when you are old and have to work 12 hours a day for a few cents or live homeless and target of attacks from increasingly hostile groups. The concerns are not invalid, sure there's groups pulling strings for their side, but complaining and trying to avoid things from getting worse is very important. Every man has an opportunity to change the world for their liking, if you don't use yours is your choice, but be assured that there will be people who are down now doing what they can to rise and put others down.

>> No.18916695

>>18916666
youtube doom prophets aren't valid thinkers. go away.

>> No.18916696

>>18916685
I actually welcome the coming chaos and hope that I get the opportunity to become a warlord before I am too old.

>> No.18916701

>>18916696
You'll definitely be in the pile of skulls.

>> No.18916706

>>18916696
Same, I want my big brother-esque totalitarian warlord state too.

>> No.18916710

>>18916701
If that's my fate, so be it.
Dilate.

>> No.18916737

Things are getting better.
You're depressed.

>> No.18916740

>>18916505
Political agendas everywhere, shame /pol/ tards can't see they are used by others, they are quite smart if only it was used better. The world is in fact getting better, most countries are following the path to liberal democracies and people are learning and wanting more the comforts that only a peaceful life with tolerance and commerce can bring.

>> No.18916746
File: 2.48 MB, 480x265, Godfather2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's always gonna be people just telling you to relax, smoke weed, have sex etc. Pleasure good, pain bad, everything else is just things you hear on the TV and you'd be crazy to care about any of it. Don't be weird bro, you're sounding like an incel bro, lmaooo just relax and chill out. Something bothers you? Problems aren't real man just watch netflix.

>> No.18916755
File: 151 KB, 483x378, 14-142665_crying-pepe-png-pepe-cry-png.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916746
This movie is so good, just wanted to form my own criminal organization family, why did the jews had to take this away from me?

>> No.18916756

>>18916666
None of that will happen satan. Just look at what the so called moral and religious people of the past did. The mass killings and massacres done in the 30 years war. A human life was a joke. This is probably the only time in history that we arent so keen on slaughtering each other.

>> No.18916759
File: 40 KB, 283x315, africa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916740
>The world is in fact getting better, most countries are following the path to liberal democracies and people are learning and wanting more the comforts that only a peaceful life with tolerance and commerce can bring.
I can only hope that you overdose on legalized heroin.

>> No.18916760

>>18916746
I bet you're younger than 25

>> No.18916766

I get Marxists, but why is /lit/ now getting raided by neolibs too?

>> No.18916767

>>18916746
> . Pleasure good, pain bad, everything else is just things you hear on the TV and you'd be crazy to care about any of it. Don't be weird bro, you're sounding like an incel bro, lmaooo just relax and chill out.
Unironically this without the "watch netflix" part. It's a pity you don't know how to live.

>> No.18916768

>>18916760
You just lost your bet. What's your next line?

>> No.18916776
File: 114 KB, 500x500, artworks-3Z3VIYxRIKp1HVH4-RFzUcQ-t500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916505
>I’m constantly reminded that my ancestors lived through worse and survived and even if a fatal collapse does come I’ll make it.
I get that sense reading about Chinese history because things regularly go completely off the rails and people start eating each other, but it works out okay from a long-term perspective. Do you know what I mean?

I think people today are afraid of stuff -- all kinds of stuff -- and they don't really know why. But what you're afraid of is probably not going to kill you, right? Or teenage Nigerian girls in Boko Haram territory are way more resilient and capable of evasive maneuvers than your average survivalist dude in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas or something. Remember when a couple of guys with Hawaiian shirts with a couple guns would go stand in front of courthouses in the U.S. and the media would take pictures of them? And that would ignite the whole internet. Like "oh, he's got a gun!" Oh no! He's a "threat."

Or, depending on your perspective, they're badasses! But there are only *three* of those guys. It's just not a big deal. Or the media says again that they're "Nazis!" But the Nazis had an actual army. My grandfather was in the U.S. Army in World War II. They got overrun one time by a Nazi-German attack and then reinforcement showed up so they were okay. The Nazis also had airplanes called Stukas that would dive-bomb you while making this screaming sound. Also, towards the end of the war, sometimes the pilots didn't pull up. So, people are afraid of the Boogaloos? Gimme a friggin' break. Boogaloo fires off a shot? Ahhhh! Everyone panic!!!

But also the Taliban. What are people actually afraid of? Some people are/were afraid of the angry bearded brown Muslims from a "stan" country who attack America while flying on a magic carpet waving a scimitar around. While others are afraid of the (brown, but don't mention that part) rednecks from the countryside who will be cruel to gay people and women. But then the Taliban actually take over and they're just standing around and waving at the CNN camera crew and "hey, we'll be over here if you need anything. Death to America!" And then they smile. "Yeah, Death to America to you, too! Have a good day, sir!" They executed some prisoner pulled out of a jail, but the prisoner turned out to be the local ISIS leader. I dunno, maybe they're not so bad. You meet them, and it turns out they're pretty normal people.

>> No.18916778

>>18916756
Don't know man, before the first world war and during it in fact most people had no intention or wanted to kill anyone, all it takes is a very few amount of warhawks and everyone suffer.

>> No.18916785

>>18916767
There's nothing that separates you from an animal. Just switch tabs and go watch unboxing videos and movie trailers on YouTube.

>> No.18916794

>>18916756
periods like these have happened many times in history, usually before everything went to utter shit

>> No.18916801

>I am an epic doomer everything is so hopeless!! if you disagree you are a naive jew you need to be angry and suicidal like me

>> No.18916810
File: 8 KB, 235x215, 7D7E37ED-24C4-4975-88D3-8333A8C2CF0D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916776
This exactly.
I guess I’ve grown skeptical of alarmists in general.
You have these people screaming that the world is going to become an overpopulated, resource-scarce hellhole, or the environmentalists saying at the current rate the Earth will become uninhabitable and we have already crossed the point of no return.
If they are true and we are in danger being a doomsayer is probably the worst way to go about making people care.
I really think the media (and shills on social media, including 4chan) participate in fearmongering campaigns so you become a panicky, easily manipulated animal.
Western elites are agitating about Afghanistan to drum up support for a war, but I really don’t care that the Taliban won or if they are oppressing women over there. In all likelihood they aren’t, and Western MSM is churning out these fake news to get the masses to support another invasion.
Truth is that there’s really no reason to get agitated about Afghanistan.

>> No.18916816

>>18916505

I think those “big changes” you expect may be at odds with things “getting better”.

That said congrats on not being a terminally online doomer weirdo like the rest of us here. Enjoy your family and your hobbies, maybe take a few steps to protect yourself in whatever scenarios you think may arise, and go live your life. None of us is going to be the next Caesar so our opinions on anything don’t really matter.

>> No.18916834

>>18916505
Too many mentally ill dudes allowed to speak to another bunch on the internet. Really it makes no sense, if anything humanity is on the rise, every single stats have improved world wide in the last decades.

>> No.18916843
File: 103 KB, 964x964, 1ae6ee45.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916834
That's right. The stats are going up so there's no reason to care about anything. At the end of the day everyone knows it's all about chilling with your friends and smoking weed. Nothing really matters, only weirdos and creeps, mentally ill incels would ever take problems seriously, they're not real.

>> No.18916859

If you’re a doomer or a sarcastic troll please leave the thread.
I made it so we can have a nuanced discussion.
Yes, there are bad things happening in the world but the apocalyptic/dystopian exaggerations don’t paint an accurate picture and muddle the waters on nuanced discussion of what’s actually happening.

>> No.18916863

>>18916859
Nothing is actually happening man, the world is getting better, just relax incel, touch grass.

>> No.18916867

>>18916843
Yes? Unironically the only people I usually see complaining about the declining of the west and all the doomsday scenario is a bunch of incels who know the only to get a woman would be if she was a slave they could buy.

>> No.18916869

>>18916834
General happiness, which is the only valid metric, is literally free falling, people are realizing that a world without spiritual satisfaction isn't worth living in, and no anime, vidya and winning political debates won't help.

Just look at Japan and some EU countries where instead of getting shot daily by incels or niggers like in USA (truly a wonder of modernity), they rope themselves en masse.

>> No.18916870

>>18916859
>there are bad things happening in the world
Ok, not trolling, tell me what bad things are happening exactly besides corona and a butchered intervention in a far away central asian country?

>> No.18916873

>>18916810
Reminds me of the scene in 'Onions Green' where the old man talks about how old-world alarmists warned of overpopulation and food shortages, gesturing at how good things are in the worn down, starving, overcrowded city as if there were no deterioration of living standards. It's a slow boil but things are getting worse in many ways still.

>> No.18916875

>>18916869
What's stopping anyone from entering a religion of their choice? they are not banned in any western country. We got rid of things that were the main problem for centuries and caused wars and genocides, that being lack of food, shelter and running water, this problem is a joke compared to it.

>> No.18916877

>>18916859
Your post was hardly "nuanced". You basically said you were convinced by the arguments of the "decline", but you spend some time with your mom and now you feel better. What were you expecting to discuss?

>> No.18916883

>>18916873
... Does the board filter the world onions
>onions
or am I a monkey who can't type?

>> No.18916884

>>18916867
Same dude, the only people I see who care about problems and want to do something about it is incels. My gf thinks they're weird, my mother thinks they're weird, and everyone else knows they're weird. At the end of the day the world is getting more comfortable and tolerant, the stats are going up.

>> No.18916889

>>18916873
>>18916883
s
o
y
l
e
n
t

>> No.18916893
File: 70 KB, 452x363, 9c3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916889
That will show them

>> No.18916894

>>18916873
Soyl.ent Green was based on a book, itself based on the then-relevant fear of overpopulation back in the 70s.
The problem nowadays is that birthrates are below replacement rate in the industrialized world and steadily falling in developed countries. Sci-fi really isn’t the best place to get your predictions of the future.

>> No.18916903

>>18916873
This is the second post I've seen today about "Onions Green" but I've never heard of it and google gives me nothing. What the fuck is it?

>> No.18916907
File: 109 KB, 640x353, cover1[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916505
The end of religion and of eschatology means the end of expectation directed towards the future. Man thus stands before an absolute void. Such is the position of nihilism, which throughout the West has ceased to be a mere philosophic position and has become a reality of the streets and marketplaces. It is an attitude of desperation. All theologies, "isms", and programmes which not long ago possessed Messianic force hang like cobwebs over the rubble and ruins of the age.

Being deprived of history, however, does not mean having nothing to look forward to! It means that expectation, formerly directed to the future that is Far Off and Ahead, is beginning to move back into the vertical and to be directed "Upwards". Striving to escape from the void of this material world and the despairing conspect of nothingness, man is waiting for all the things he lacks today: a new saner experience and the fullness of a new inner living.

If this transformation in the depths of Western man is associated with external manifestations which lead us to assume a Decline and Fall of the West, the assumption is itself an outcome of pessimistic eschatology, and does not correspond to the truth. For in truth Western man is starting a new epoch in the history of mankind by beginning a search for inner transformation, renewal, rebirth. That is the only essential question before mankind, and it will condition the next centuries. All else is unimportant.

>> No.18916909
File: 28 KB, 645x770, 1626139389957.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>9c3.jpg

>> No.18916911

>>18916875
>We got rid of things that were the main problem for centuries and caused wars and genocides, that being lack of food, shelter and running water, this problem is a joke compared to it.
You are naive if you think people are less prone to famines than they were in the past. Famines were almost always caused by the people in power wanting to punish dissent (look at famines in medieval central Europe or under communism as example).

You assume that people under an abundant capitalist economy do not eventually require and demand more things than the governing body can provide. Periods of opulence are always temporary for this very reason.
>What's stopping anyone from entering a religion of their choice?
Religion is being suppressed for decades if not centuries now in the western world. If you publicly profess your religion, you are almost a potential terrorist, nazi, incel etc.

>> No.18916917

>>18916505

You're experiencing what coping actually feels like anon
I mean it doesn't mean that everything's just gonna work out but at least you'll feel nice and relaxed up until the point everything goes to shit

>> No.18916921

>>18916877
>What were you expecting to discuss?
That there’s a generalized feeling of doom and gloom that I don’t think is entirely merited on this board.
The world isn’t to become like 1984, climate change alarmists have been predicting that it’s over for decades and yet their predictions haven’t materialized.

I want to offer a new perspective. If you want to change the world you have to have the right mindset, being panicky or a demoralized doomer isn’t going to accomplish anything.

>> No.18916926

>>18916911
'always' applies less in an era of automation.

>> No.18916938

>>18916911
>Periods of opulence are always temporary for this very reason.
There's no comparison to be made here anon, all the technology we have now is responsible for it, not imperial power over colonies stripping them to feed the metropolis.
>Religion is being suppressed for decades if not centuries now in the western world. If you publicly profess your religion, you are almost a potential terrorist, nazi, incel etc.
No it isn't, there's a great outrage against supremacist movements, but nobody is calling out muslim and cristian alike outside chuds thinking they are so smart cause they took "how to be a good puppet for my marxist teacher 101" on their gender studies degree.

>> No.18916939

>>18916690
>China is allowed to influence other nations we will only see more civil strife, division, dictatorships supported by them
like what america is doing currently and for the past 70 years, you mean?

>> No.18916943
File: 69 KB, 700x465, 1474483852.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916810
Right. Some of the people that the U.S. was paying off were actual drug lords who rape kids. That's an actual thing. But we have to give more money to these people because the Taliban will oppress women! But they might not be any worse, and they might even be somewhat better, because they'll be able to at least provide some basic security so things can function. But I think the media likes to use bait to hang a story around and lure people in, and they're constantly throwing out little balls of cheese on a hook to see if the fishes will bite.

Also, I haven't read Spengler and I'm posting in a thread about him anyways, and I think things could get worse or the society or civilization could "collapse." But you gotta understand, a lot of the world is like that all the time already.

There are a ton of places that are in a constant state of freefall or crisis of some kind. A rebel group approaches their town and the people run into the jungle for a week, and then a return carrying veggies and dead monkeys they've harvested and reopen their markets and go to back to business like it wasn't even a thing. And whatever big economic shocks are happening that's causing inflation at the store, the same thing is happening in other countries and it's 10x worse at minimum.

I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Or... guns are scary? They're not scary. You should respect them, but like I was saying about the Stuka dive bombers, those things were scary. Also, my granddad witnessed some soldiers in his unit get killed by a Messerschmidt that strafed them and he was nearly hit by the same attack. That's freaky. Also, ballistic missiles seem pretty scary. Those things make a big bang where you feel the earth shake. I've never experienced one but I met someone once who witnessed seeing the Russia army use them in Chechnya. You wanna watch out for those things. Well anyways, have a great rest of your week.

https://youtu.be/qEknoNtHSMs

>> No.18916951

>>18916810
You should be skeptical of people predicting the future in general. We could have another 100 years of more or less whats happening now, we could have some dystopian neo-commie takeover, we could have a fascist implosion, balkanization, civil war, a dozen other things.

The only people who might actually know what's coming are a tiny group of elites, and that's supposing such a class of people even exist, which we cant know either since if they do exist part of their MO is secrecy.

This is not a satisfying answer but this is the reality, you take any person or group and over a long time scale their ability to predict the future is just abysmal. Spengler for example was either wrong or the West was knocked off course by Russia; either way I seriously doubt we're getting universal empire and Caesar from Germany in the next couple centuries.

>> No.18916966

>>18916939
US is no angel, but is message was in general freedom and human rights to the world, which indeed spread over the period of the pax americana, just see the former subhuman euros who couldn't stop killing themselves for a second. China is an authoritarian govt, preaching complete state control over the life of people, what message do they give supressing individual liberties and smashing democracies like they hope to do in Taiwan?

>> No.18916974

>>18916926
>>18916938
You may worship technology, but it will only bring ruin in the end. You cannot shake a metal hand the way you can a flesh one. The idleness of the labour force is partly to be blamed on technology but it's not its own fault since technology can and will never have reason, so somebody from the human elite in power wants it this way.

And even technology will reach its limit once the consumer economy crashes for a multitude of reasons.

What automation will actually be used for instead of producing commodities is mass murder and genocide.

>> No.18916975

>>18916966
brainwashed faggot detected.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change
go ask the people in these countries how they feel about pax americana and the message of peace and human rights it helped spread.
retard.

>> No.18916985

>>18916974
t. sent from my iphone

>> No.18916991

>>18916975
As I said, not everything was flowers, we also ended up supporting the wrong guys a lot of time, but we helped to decolonize Africa, protect south america from becoming a commie shithole and supported europe becoming what is today. You are watching only the bad part of it.

>> No.18916994

>>18916975
Lmaoooooo how can you seriously call somebody a brainwashed faggot and then post a wikipedia link hahahahahahaha. Comedy gold

>> No.18916999

>>18916974
It only depends on the people, indeed automation is bound to make tons of permanent unemployed people, but is up to this people to support current existing projects of income to supress it, and eventually move to a world of no work anymore. Everything looks like fairy tales and utopic, but so did space exploration, flight machines, computers, etc, is bound to happen eventually.

>> No.18917009
File: 18 KB, 334x499, liberalismfail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To all the discord neolib pedo raiders ITT: YWNAB

>> No.18917015

>>18916991
>but we helped to decolonize Africa
so that china could freely take it with no resistance
>protect south america from becoming a commie shithole
worked out great for argentina, and the rest of south america is doing fantastically
>and supported europe becoming what is today
am i being baited?

>> No.18917017

>>18916975
>he thinks you can rule the world and please everyone while doing it
Someone will fill the role no matter what, if you rather have a multitude of countries doing it and eventually ending in massive war like in the early 20th century fine, but that won't please anybody either.

>> No.18917020

>>18916994
you going to stand there and tell me america is above reproach and wasn't involved in any regime changes, covert or otherwise, in the past 100 years?

>> No.18917027

>>18917015
Things didn't always ended up well, so we are bad, got it, should have done like britain and fucked everyone up instead.

>> No.18917029

>>18916755
They quite literally facilitated the Sicilian mafia families lol

>> No.18917033

>>18916999
>but is up to this people to support current existing projects of income to supress it, and eventually move to a world of no work anymore.
This is a pipe dream. It will only lead to further alienation and bigger divisions.
>Everything looks like fairy tales and utopic, but so did space exploration, flight machines, computers, etc, is bound to happen eventually.
Automation will probably be forced into society more and more along with the useless and wasteful space exploration and ever increasing computer dependance.

The solution is obviously to tone the progressive narratives down, probably to a half of what they are now. Force the opposite to people, namely, spiritual values, natural labour and art as a means of realization (art with spiritual merit in it not period blood paintings for example), and not make and force vague material predictions that will only make people unhappy in the long run.

>> No.18917037

>>18917017
my point is that the guy i'm responding to is making america out to be a saviour, which is typical american centric brainwashed bullshit. i agree with you completely. what ever empire is strongest at the time will be the ruler, just like all throughout history. you can say that the chinese are soulless bugmen all you want but just have a quick glance at the state of american modern culture and tell me that it's any better.

>> No.18917038

>>18916690
>Oh no, we won't lead the world anymore and monopolize all the comfort and good life.
kys ameridrone, the rest of the world is tired of being exploited for the comfort of you and your euro allies.

>> No.18917045

>>18917027
if you think the majority of the world holds you in higher regard than britain you are deluded beyond help.

>> No.18917048

Is there anything more hateful than 'liberal democracy'?

>> No.18917052

>>18917045
Yeah, they sure love the wonderful map painting britain and france did setting their arbitrary borders for ethnic conflicts and genocides more than a hundred years after they left.

>> No.18917059

>>18917048
Probably not, it's the only system which presupposes its absolute blamelessness in all moral affairs. Even Wahhabis don't do this, although they are close.

>> No.18917061

>>18917052
This has always been a massive cope. Especially when the conflicts followed stable colonial administration

>> No.18917065

>>18917048
Natural evolution of all nations, seethe and cope, everyone comes to and want to live in liberal democracies.

>> No.18917075
File: 26 KB, 686x514, lmao.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18917065
I forgot the natural evolution of nations is to cut their sons dicks off, marry their daughters to thugs, worship st. floyd, obesity, faggotry and their slaveowner

>> No.18917081

>>18917061
So stable everything imploded a second after you left with your painted borders behind

>> No.18917091

>>18917081
Yeah after they left. Notice the mono-ethnic colonies also tend to collapse

>> No.18917100

>>18917052
>Has to compare himself to former colonial, slave powers to appear good
kek, absolute state of ameriKKKa

>> No.18917108

>>18916505
Caesarism is coming, anon. There's no need to fear. We'll make it out of this dystopia. Hopefully our Augustus picks a better successor than Tiberius though.

>> No.18917112

>>18917075
People like to be free to do whatever they want of their life and able to expel govt doing what they don't want. If your son has chopped is dick and your daughter married a nigger, is your fault for being a terrible parent who couldn't cultivate good values on them. How better would it be for your daughter to be sold by the govt to marry a child rapist when she was 12?

>> No.18917114

>>18916666
>no sense of empathy
Maybe they won't fall for moral appeals based on "muh victimhood" if this is actually true, but I suspect it isn't.

>> No.18917119

>>18917065
How much are you getting paid to shill neoliberalism?

>> No.18917125

>>18916740
>The world is in fact getting better, most countries are following the path to liberal democracies
That isn't an improvement kek look at the average decline in quality of life relative to 1945 after you remove technological advancement. State-capitalism provided the greatest increase in quality of life for the largest number of people since the end of WW2, liberal democracy has destroyed once-powerful empires in the span of 60 years

>> No.18917130

>>18917020
How many times is he going to repeat that America wasn't a saint? I'm a Nigerian, but I choose the American way because they are the lesser evil. You will be foolish to think human governments will help you without any benefit attached or without tilting a situation to their benefit.

>> No.18917147

>>18917119
I don't need to shill, people go to great lenghts to escape the paradise that is dictatorships based on religion, morality and etc to come here, funny I don't see you guys going there.

>> No.18917149

>>18917112
>People like to be free to do whatever they want of their life and able to expel govt doing what they don't want.
Rights aren't subjective, they stem from the broader social order. Problem is modern social order is unnaturally created from the top down by corporations and elites in bad faith.
>is your fault for being a terrible parent who couldn't cultivate good values on them
Sorry but public education (read: dumbening down) is obligatory, otherwise you can lose your child due to "abuse" and get fined back to the stone age.
>How better would it be for your daughter to be sold by the govt to marry a child rapist when she was 12?
Not that better, but this is whataboutism. Relativizing everything is why the West is fucked. There are objective truths. My child should marry someone decent, with my assent and advice, though ultimately by his and her own free will (how it was more or less until recently).

>> No.18917150

>>18916966
The US never believed in human rights or freedom except as a form of therapeutic coping to deal with the cognitive dissonance between residual Liberal Protestant values and Empire. Imagine ever defending American Values in any way, shape, or form.

>> No.18917161

>>18916690
>China threatens to replace the global sense of order kept sustained by the USA
lol

>> No.18917162

>>18917147
>traitors go to great lengths to not face the consequences of their actions
funny how the famous whistleblowers all ran away to "less free" countries

>> No.18917167

>>18917147
They move to Liberal Democracies for money you fool. No one who isn't bombarded with propaganda from birth believes in the "Values" drilled into us in the Anglosphere.

>> No.18917170

>>18916740
Read "Why Liberalism Failed"

>> No.18917173

>>18917149
If state education is so effective we wouldn't still have a lot of fanatics and people growing up religious despite receiving the same education. Ultimately a kid will receive its values from its parents, only in the absence, which is far too prevalent in our work culture, will they receive from somewhere else.

>> No.18917174

>>18917147
>funny I don't see you guys going there
I have gone "there", little bug. Liberalism will rot in the filth that itself has produced.

>> No.18917182

>>18917173
>ltimately a kid will receive its values from its parents
"Okay, boomer!"

>> No.18917183

>>18916505
Nobody is talking about the book, move this shit to >>>/pol/

>> No.18917190

>>18917182
lol, boomers are the most guilty of not raising their children, kicking them out of the house as soon as possible and neglecting all their duties, absolutely not the one's to talk about it

>> No.18917198

>>18917173
>we wouldn't still have a lot of fanatics and people growing up religious despite receiving the same education.
Children are very smart and some can resist the programming. The first and foremost job of state education is to suppress talent and natural freedom from a young age (it is not natural nor normal for kids to sit in an enclosed room for 8-9 hrs a day, even religious sermons last for an hour tops).

It luckily sometimes fails to indoctrinate some kids despite massive funding and even technology helping in to destroy the youth.
>Ultimately a kid will receive its values from its parents
This was correct until the appearance of mass media, which enabled societal self-policing on a scale never before seen.

>> No.18917205

>>18917162
>People betraying their nations and selling confidential information that puts their nation in danger flee to the countries they sold the information for, therefore they are better
ok
>>18917167
Yeah, why can't they produce all that wealth in there huh? how come China has bigger gdp but is people are poor asf
>>18917174
No, it won't, it will only spread more, as it is already spreading even to the so admired islamic theocracies you love

>> No.18917212

>>18917205
Because Britain had first-mover advantage from the Industrial Revolution and then stumbled onto the best land on the planet (North America), they're rapidly selling out to China anyway.

>> No.18917218

>>18917205
The people who flee "dictatorships" for western nations are often traitors themselves as well, so why the outrage?

>> No.18917223

>>18917198
I will agree on the whole school being bad for kids because it limits, supress and mostly only make them used to a 9-5 job schedule. On the second part however I still believe that present parents, caring, punishing and rewarding behaviour can instill good values on their children. The thing to understand here is that most of those sjw, trannies, etc we see here, come from very disfunctional families, where despite even having money sometimes, the parents are only concerned really with themselves and let the children alone to discover the world and be manipulated by the first fanatic teacher they met.

>> No.18917226

>>18917130
why would i care what a nigger thinks?

>> No.18917231

>>18917218
Don't know man, all this people coming from central and south america are usually just miserable really, more like betrayed by their narco govts than traitors themselves.
>>18917212
There are better lands in south america, asia and africa. I won't defend america here, but it wasn't merely the quality of the land that made them rich, it was the people's mentality.

>> No.18917235

>>18917226
Not a nigger, a Nig-erian

>> No.18917241

>>18917231
South America's land is actually pretty bad - there are few natural harbors, the tropics suck due to disease and the jungle is problematic. Africa has some similar problems, along with a lack of navigable waterways (again, all in comparison to North America). I don't think Americans have a unique mentality that made them succeed - it was literally just the land and the ocean protecting them from invasion. People mistakenly attribute success due to owning the best land to Liberal Democracy.

>> No.18917273

>>18917241
>I don't think Americans have a unique mentality that made them succeed
There's definitely a difference between the work and moral ethics of the protestants that build america and the complete savagery that happened in south america.

>> No.18917282

>>18917273
>he believes in manifest destiny

>> No.18917287

>>18917223
I agree, although I would like to add that I work in a lawyer's office as a clerk and have seen the rates of these types of parents skyrocket in the last 10 years (it verifiably didn't use to be this bad), and ofc they raise retarded kids which sometimes even physically hurt the parents, which is ironic to say the least. So much for lax parenting being the best (what they taught me in all levels of my education).

It is getting more and more common so I think it is society as a whole that has changed, and sadly for the worse.

>> No.18917289

>>18916505
This thread is filled with discussion between attacking america and a retard doing the defence. So I will ask again, what exactly doomsday scenario are you people implying that is happening or we heading too exactly?

>> No.18917296

>>18917289
tHE cOLlapSE of CIVILIZATION bro!

>> No.18917302

>>18917289
Not OP but the most obvious one is financial collapse and/or failure of continuity of global commerce.

>> No.18917306

>>18916939
US fucking sucks and I'd love to see it nuked, but faaar better than China.

>> No.18917313

>>18917296
Lmao
>>18917302
Doesn't look likely, we depend so much on global trade this days, can't see why it would collapse

>> No.18917318
File: 307 KB, 1126x1126, une2a7dos4w61.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18917282
Indeed, it is the american destiny to spread and annex every single piece of land in this universe, you live in an american world kid, now kneel.

>> No.18917320

>>18917296
Yeah that's never happened before lol

>> No.18917325

>>18917320
Yeah, completely valid world comparison between the bronze age and now, super alike.

>> No.18917327

>>18917313
The other big one is large-scale population decline, where you are left with insufficiently many people to even keep existing institutions running.

>> No.18917336

>>18917289
Mounting tensions resulting in a third global conflict.
Unsustainable consumption resulting in ecological collapse.
Political divide resulting in internal conflict in western nations.
Unbounded technological gap resulting in degenerated human rights in forms we haven't accounted for.
Lack of community (due to the death of religion in liberal societies) resulting in crippling mental health epidemics

I could go on. World's endin.

>> No.18917337

>>18917241
>South America's land is actually pretty bad
not who you're replying to, but i study agriculture and you don't know what you're talking about. similarly with africa. i don't know why you'd make statements like this, they're easily disprovable.

>> No.18917341
File: 776 KB, 2048x1536, 1629883393265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah what's possibly going wrong? Every country is becoming a liberal McDemocracy(tm) and any who stand in opposition to that have their banks frozen and aid cut by big international organisations. Weed is getting legal and you have all those great trendy shows on Netflix, Hulu and Disney+. With the world becoming more and more tolerant we finally see free love and support for the LGBT community and soon we will have vibrant ethnic communities replace the boring rednecks too, imagine the food! The stats are going up and the world is getting Better(tm).

>> No.18917343

>>18917325
The world was also different at different times of civilizational collapse in the past. Mind blown

>> No.18917347

>>18917337
Cause they're an uneducated amerifat. Africa and South America are not even nearly properly utilised.

>> No.18917351

>>18917282
I did not even mention manifest destiny, I just said that america is/was always far more productive and thrived more in commerce than south america and africa even before independence because the people here were indeed far more industrious than there.

>> No.18917358

>>18917343
So, you agree that there's no collapse in sight, nice to hear.

>> No.18917363

>>18917341
Good, finally someone gather the courage and said that is has nothing to do with civilization and is only about the fable of white genocide.

>> No.18917377

>>18917351
Could it be the slavery?

>> No.18917383

>>18917358
You are extremely dim. Civilizations have collapsed before in various conditions, they can do so again.

>> No.18917384

>>18917377
>No slavery in south america
Brazil bought far more slaves than us and kept doing it almost into the 20th century

>> No.18917392

>>18917377
only until 1865, after which most Southern fortunes were destroyed and it stayed an underdeveloped backwater (and to some extent still is until recently). The strongest argument would be that slavery provided the initial capital accumulation for industry to be successful later.

>> No.18917396

>>18917377
No, the north was more economically productive without slavery than the south was with it

>> No.18917398

>>18917363
Of course we enlightened neolibs know that there is no connection at all between europeans and civilization. The browner we are the better, it's all socioeconomic factors anyway which will be fixed by liberal policies. The others are so stupid lmao, glad we're both enlightened.

>> No.18917400

>>18917383
Completely out of your mind, there are no barbarians, the whole world is interlinked now, pretty much every corner of the world has a modern govt or almost modern

>> No.18917405

>>18917398
>Only europeans have civilization
Apparently China, India, the old mesopotamian, egypt never existed

>> No.18917407

>>18917400
You apparently think the word 'modern' is some magical talisman that confers invincibility.

>> No.18917408
File: 55 KB, 700x459, a43bAV1_700b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HEIL HITLER UNIRONICALLY, MEIN DOODS

>> No.18917415

>>18917396
That's a bit disingenuous - the North relied on the South to provide materials for manufacturing.

>> No.18917416

>>18917392
Yep. This is what I meant, but explaining things makes it harder to be snide about it.

Much of USA's position as a superpower comes from being a resource-rich, massive country which isn't beholden to other nations, and for having thrown of the colonialist boot earlier than others.

More recently, their late entry into the war meant they didn't have to pour nearly as much resources in WWI and WWII as did other prominent Western nations but still managed to reap post-war growth.

USA's success is largely happenstance. Ascribing it to their 'hardworking people' is just a racist cope.

>> No.18917422

>>18917405
Yeah we should just let the US and Europe fall into the benevolent hands of international banks and corporations with a mulatto underclass. Imagine the food and the trendy tv shows we'll have.

>> No.18917425

>>18917415
You mean they traded with them.

>> No.18917442

>>18917416
The "colonialist boot" argument doesn't really apply to the US, they would've been about the same had they stayed a part of Britain. The US already had the world's highest living standards for the time. Most of the US's success is due to location, at least relative to other Western powers.

>Ascribing it to their 'hardworking people' is just a racist cope.
"Work ethic" is a meme, you'd have a better racial argument from looking at average IQ scores. Indios work VERY hard on farms but they don't invent much of anything new for predictable reasons.

>> No.18917443
File: 72 KB, 439x452, 1600416292373.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Was there any news about the system shock remake being delayed.

>> No.18917451
File: 99 KB, 982x726, AmishBBC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18917392
>The strongest argument would be that slavery provided the initial capital accumulation for industry to be successful later.
Yeah, the slaves were like a giant battery to jumpstart the industrial machine, because what were the white people doing? Unless they were slave owners, they were living like the Amish or something -- a lot of small proprietors, tradesmen who work for themselves, or work for someone else long enough to learn skills and go into business for themselves. And plenty of cheap land to go around for everyone! On large scale, this inhibited the kind of capture of labor-produced value by capitalists that they needed to get the investment cycle going. So, slaves did it.

Then they industrialized and that wiped out a lot of these little guys. Then over several generations, more and more of them sold the family farm and move to the Sacramento suburbs and here we are.

>> No.18917462

>>18917451
very racist picture

>> No.18917463

>>18917451
In Europe, in contrast, a lot of that initial accumulation was accomplished during pre-industrial times, the US just speedran it with slavery.

>> No.18917471

>>18917442
Their rich folk used money that would have gone to British taxes to improve their own position in the USA, thus driving growth in the USA. More money means better imports and more influence and improved industry, all of which compounds forever. Boot always applies.

>> No.18917495

>>18917471
Sure, but that would've applied in the US as well as it'd be a part of Britain - the US would be on the same trajectory as Canada, I'd hardly call that the colonial boot. Obviously my Loyalist sympathies are showing here. The British Empire's center would've just ended up moving to NA (which in a way, it did).

>> No.18917514

>>18917405
>MUH BROWN PEOPLE ARE HUMAN TOO
They are not, stop with this cringe cope, civilization started when Britain started, all before it are just mudhuts and brown people stabing each other.

>> No.18917532

>>18917442
South america and Africa did and some still have small pockets or regions who were way more productive and developed than the rest, mostly the areas settled by germans and italians in south america and the old afrikaans in south africa, is more of a white people thing them anything, the rest of the brown land is completely trashed and used wrong.

>> No.18917541

>>18917495
Britain was (is?) one of the most influential nations in the world. They're fading fast due to losing colonies though.

Noone can realistically claim that Canada and USA have the same level of influence. USA is barely rivaled by her rivals (depending on what metric you want to use of course).

As I said above, multiple things affected USA being a world power. Putting it down to one reason is ridiculous. USA was not one of the most important countries in the world in 1900. The 20th century was good to USA and I argue that the world wars played a colossal role in that.

>> No.18917548

>>18917422
lmao, all that rage because stacy finds black cock better than your incel speech? hahaha, we will continue civilization, don't worry cracker, we will improve it though, and may have to "blackwash" some things here and there, but is okay, you did before so it must mean is evolved right?

>> No.18917560

>>18917541
>influence
the US has more influence than Canada becuase it has 10x as many people and emerged unscathed from WW2 and because of location obviously. In the alternate history scenario both the US and Canada would be part of "British North America" which would be part of Britain.

>> No.18917570

>>18916505
I read the entire spoiler text in the voice of a seventeen year old Dale Cooper.

>> No.18917573

>>18917560
Are you not reading my posts, dull, or intentionally ignoring the meat of my argument?

>> No.18917578

>>18917514
>>18917532
kys incel

>> No.18917586

>>18917573
All I'm trying to claim is that the US was never "oppressed by the colonial boot" in a meaningful way and if it had never been independent the British Empire (incl. US) would be about as influential as the US is today.

>> No.18917601

>>18917586
Do you accept the premise that Britain siphoned resources from her colonies in a way that damaged productivity, growth and industry?

>> No.18917616

>>18917601
Depends on the colony - India sure, North America not so much. A settler-colony is different to the East India Company running India.

>> No.18917638

>>18917616
Help me understand your position please. Why did the American colonies break away from British rule and form the USA?

>> No.18917662

>>18916991
You speak as though our intentions have always beem pure, and not, for example, because our secretary of state owned shares in a Guatemalan banana company. Just because America preaches nice things doesn't mean their actions align with them - that's the thing about words, theyre cheap. It's called propaganda and the United States has the longest-lasting, most well-funded and successful propaganda machines in history.

>> No.18917663

>>18916505
>my ancestors lived through worse and survived and even if a fatal collapse does come I’ll make it.
Not to be a dick, but your ancestors were raised in it, the way we have been raised with all comfort we have may kill our capacity to adapt depending on how late in life it happens.

>> No.18917664

>>18917638
Some of the local oligarchs, mostly in Massachusetts, whipped up a rebellion based on largely flimsy grievance claims for their personal benefit, imo.

>> No.18917675

>>18917091
>Yeah after they left
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_vacuum

>> No.18917688

>>18917664
are you a lefty by any chance? because only such a retarded qui bono sort of explanation could come from a lefty

>> No.18917690

>>18917578
Dilate

>> No.18917695

>>18917688
Not really. I just think the American Revolution was a mistake.

>> No.18917697

>>18917664
Do you think any of their grievances were legitimate? Do you think their success became USA's success post-1770s?

>> No.18917702

>>18917688
Fuck off with your left-right political bullshit.

>> No.18917711

>>18917697
Very few imo, the closest thing I think they had to a legitimate grievance was Britain blocking western expansion at the time due to treaties with the Indians - but I think the colonists wouldn't have been stopped in the long run regardless. Most of the grievances about taxation without representation etc. were just ridiculous imo - you have no place to complain when you have the world's highest living standards and a great deal of de-facto autonomy.

>> No.18917717

>>18917205
>Yeah, why can't they produce all that wealth in there huh? how come China has bigger gdp but is people are poor asf
Because a nations purchase power parity is what actually defines wealth relative to average income, which is very healthy in China. But morons only look at gdp and average income in absolute terms and compared to different nations and think they have it all figured out

>> No.18917718

>>18917711
I appreciate your patient responses. Wish we could continue this but I'm going to bed. Thank you!

>> No.18917736

>>18917548
Not even gonna read your sick fantasies, go back to whatever cuckspam board you came from.

>> No.18917743

>>18917318
>Unironically believing this in 2k21
It's America's own delusion and inability to honestly approach real-world facts that has led to their gradual slide downwards, they can fix it at any time by no longer resting on their laurels and understanding success and prosperity for all depends on an active engagement by everyone involved

>> No.18917754

>>18917695
Why?
You must concede that the American Rev. was the first fruitful revolution based on enlightenment principles:
>That all men are created equal
>That they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights
>whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [preserving these natural rights], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
This is just the preamble of the Declaration and we have a full-throated defence of these values that are now valued.
You either must be a reactionary of some sort, or a retarded marxist to not understand the value of the first state laying on the bedrock of such lofty principles.
>>18917702
>noooo i cannot use simple and commonly used paradigms to describe my political positions to a first approximation because i'm a special snowflake
fuck off

>> No.18917759

>>18917325
Civilizations have collapsed and been eradicated within just the last couple hundred years, please stop talking

>> No.18917776

>>18917407
No, one nation may fail here and there, but the fact is that civilization in itself will not end, no one is going back to the stone age, our species will live in states untill the event that exterminate us.

>> No.18917780

>>18917711
Also, this is in very bad taste
>Most of the grievances about taxation without representation etc. were just ridiculous imo - you have no place to complain when you have the world's highest living standards and a great deal of de-facto autonomy.
SO, if one is assured of a baselind standard of living, one is liable to have his rights snatched away by the state as recompense? It is a point, but a very amoral one. But to recollect why the colonists actually rebelled
>He [George III] has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
>He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained (again back to 1)
>He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing, with manly firmness, his invasions on the rights of the people
>He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected
>He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies, without the consent of our legislatures.
and this is without the taxation part. No right minded Englishman would have been happy with this state of affairs in England, but somehow this is not supposed to be offending to the American colonists?

>> No.18917782

>>18917754
>he's never heard of the french revolution

>> No.18917784

>>18917754
I don't take any grand moral claims made by states too seriously - it's just rhetoric to get people fired up. These claims in particular were just "whelps for liberty from the drivers of Negroes". Not that I hate liberty in and of itself, it was just obvious hypocrisy on the part of the Patriots. Besides, earnest believers in American Values today (by which I mean Massachusetts liberals) are now slouching towards believing that math is racist. No thanks.

>> No.18917791

>>18917782
Would it even happen without the american one having sucess first? looks more like they would just kill them all and continue their day in that scenario

>> No.18917798

>>18917780
>baseline
The point is that the American standard of living was not the baseline, it was the highest in the world at the time.

The reason for the actions in the other greentexted claims was frankly that Massachusetts was behaving badly (as we often do here). It's equivalent the people in Portland who burn the city down and then cry that the government is a Nazi dictatorship infringing on Are Dumbocracy for sending the police in. Another example of pure rhetoric.

>> No.18917799

>>18917791
>he thinks the american revolution caused the french revolution

>> No.18917812

>>18916867
>>18916843
>>18916884

stop same fagging you absolute maladapted wreck

>> No.18917816

>>18916759
Legalizing heroin is a libertarian move

>> No.18917817

>>18917759
Such as? a few empires were dissolved and colonization undone, but other states took their place, no anarchy took place anywhere recently for more than a few months

>> No.18917824

If I was the CIA I would promote helplessness and pessimism among extremists to pacify them. Just a thought.

>> No.18917830
File: 15 KB, 615x197, ligma.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18917812
ok

>> No.18917835

>>18917782
>first
>french rev.
>1789 < 1776
absolute retardation
>>18917784
>I don't take any grand moral claims made by states too seriously
The thing is these are not claims - these are enshrined into the constitution, and thus these lockean natural rights also become positive rights - that the state protects and cannot infringe on in most instances; can be used in court cases to form new opinions, or to set precedent - it's not just happy vibes, it has a real effect on the legislative and judicial processes of the USA
>whelps for liberty from the drivers of Negroes
True, but it should be understood that the definition of Man, was limited to the archetype of the rational human - women and blacks were, for reasons possibly still in existence, were not seen to fit into this archetype . However, with time and the various liberatory movements of the 19th and 20th centuries, this definition did broaden into today's conception of human-ness being universal, so that's not really a gotcha - the principle still stands, as it did then
>Besides, earnest believers in American Values today (by which I mean Massachusetts liberals) are now slouching towards believing that math is racist.
??????

>> No.18917841

>>18917799
I didn't say it was, it contributed to it happening though

>> No.18917852

>>18917817
>No anarchy
>Fall of the USSR

>> No.18917863

>>18917852
>USA is the same thing as an empire enforcing puppet govts in other people with different cultural identities
I don't think so

>> No.18917864

>>18917863
It actually is pretty similar, desu

>> No.18917871

>>18917754
Depends on what is claimed of the word 'fruitful', but the Glorious Revolution of 1688 was the first enlightenment revolution.

>> No.18917875

>>18917863
Did you forget that the last 200 years of USA history happened?

>> No.18917876

>>18917027
Unironically we SHOULD have pulled a Britain, Monroe Doctrine can fuck itself

>> No.18917888

>>18917863
>Self-refutation
lmao

>> No.18917902

>>18916746
This, but unironically. Unless you're someone who is going to be able to influence masses of people, having any opinion on anything is a waste of your time and mental energies.

>> No.18917995

>>18916903
4chan filters a certain word and replaces it with „onions“ Onions is not in the film title

>> No.18918024

>>18917995
onions

>> No.18918033

sneed

>> No.18918046

>>18916666
I agree with this.
We are seeing word games and negation of basic facts, "men can be women" etc.
but we're not as Owellian 2=3 level yet (apart from some stupid buzzfeed articles.)
But it's entirely possible that we get to the point where people will get taken out remotely for publically denying 2=3. I'm not saying this in a hyperbolic way

>> No.18918111

>>18916505
The Decline of the Western man would be more correct

>> No.18918173

>>18916505
>In fact, I’m pretty optimistic that things are going to change for the better soon, no empire lasts forever
The guy matures indeed but he still thinks empires are going down peacefully. You still have a long way to go, but don't worry. For a man to reach his peak it takes a great lot of experience.

>I fear that this new sense of calmness, being at peace with the world isn’t caused by maturing but rather a regression
You are predicting a storm, it will come and when you are out of it you will realise that it was not regression but a necessary step to further progress which you will.

>> No.18918199

>>18916658
Are you implying that one aspect of our life is in denial to the social part? Why the hell would you think like that, seriously. If for example i do think that humans are flawed by nature and nothing can change for the better unless our specie gets eliminated and we have a complete restart, does that mean that i have to stop racing cars? stop having a beer every and then with a friend? stop getting my dick sucked? I am not at peace with anything, neither am i seeking to blow off steam, i do what i consider to be the best in every moment that is. presented.

>> No.18918235
File: 226 KB, 234x373, cracker.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916505
No collapse w*oid, just accept your new master

>> No.18918271

>>18916505
Honestly the only thing I can think of which would screw over the West is global warming. That is a serious threat, but it's beyond one person's power to fix. Still, I hold out hope the nations of the world address it or invest in mitigating the impact it will have. I don't think China or Islam or whatnot will bring the West down. The only things which can are the ecological crises facing us.

>> No.18918348

>>18916666
>doom & gloom
1/10 made me respond

>> No.18918509

>>18918199
Sure I believe in change, but there's no change here. They grow up, get used to all these things and they can't get rid of it. It's all just a play for them. The protests, the arguments, then they go back to comfort and pleasure. At the end of the day they will always take that bribe, they'll always give in to it. Their whole lives revolve around it, and anything else is just an act. I know you do what you consider to be best in every moment, they all do, and that's blowing off some steam on social media and then going back to watching TV before going to bed. Why would anyone do anything differently? You'd have to be mentally ill, some kind of incel or radicalised extremist. They even know this, but they'll still do the act.

>> No.18918531

>>18916766
twitch influencers
people like destiny are trying to save neoliberalism's reputation and make it "cool"

>> No.18919483

>>18916666
Our world is the most stable it has ever been. There may be turbulence but "absolute chaos" would require something like nuclear war, but nuclear war is very unprofitable so it won't happen.

>> No.18919646

>>18916740

I'm not into /pol/ but this is just objectively untrue. As American hegemony wanes in the aftermath of 30 years incompetent leadership combined with the coronavirus, and its economic fallout, portions of the world which have been artificially maintained as democracies are slowing shrinking. See Afghanistan for example. Taiwan will be next, and probably at least parts of the Ukraine thereafter. Worst off will be Africa though.

>> No.18919853

>>18916666
>every valid thinker affirms so
>"everyone who just happens to agree with me"

>> No.18919875

>>18916505
>being at peace with the world isn’t caused by maturing but rather a regression, becoming naive and bluepilled again
There is being naive, then "red pilled", and then realizing a deeper truth that it's far more complicated than either of those views. If you "regressed", you indeed went the wrong way instead of coming out the other end of the red pill.

>> No.18920760

>>18916505
Your ancestors never lived in a terminally declining race or culture. The future is bright only if you're an African.

>> No.18920787

>>18916889
onions

>> No.18920811

>>18919483
Climate change you poor bastard, it's going to ravage the world

>> No.18920817

>>18917114
Those are built on social credit rating not empathy

>> No.18920831

>>18916740
This sounds like something that someone in 1900 would have said
>of course there'll never be a major war, there's too much commerce

>> No.18922223

>>18916690
what do you suggest ought to be done on a personal level?

>> No.18922226
File: 45 KB, 600x624, 1629873497152.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916666
>It will get increasingly worse
only because I will it!

>> No.18922302

>>18920811
Yes, the sky will literally fall on your head. Of course. How dare we!

>> No.18922310

>>18916690
The USA was never the "world police", you moronic americuck tranny. More like the "world arsonist who fucks shit up because fuck you".

(But maybe in American Cuckland that's what the police actually do? In any case, fuck off and die.)

>> No.18922317

>>18920831
You don't know history retard. People in 1900 were generally positive about war, no one would have said "there will never be a major war". WWI at the very beginning before everything went to shit was even seen as a good thing by many Europeans.

>> No.18922328

>>18916505
why is it associated with nazis? Goodreads recommended me all the new-nazi/reactionary trendy books of the last decades: Evola, Broze age pervert, the way of men, etc.

>> No.18922329

>>18917463
>a lot of that initial accumulation was accomplished during pre-industrial times
By violently harassing people out of their ancestral lands in the West Europe, thus creating a permanently poor numerous underclass barely different from slaves, or violently abusing extant serfs at such an extent they were no different from slaves the East Europe.
Also piracy, which provided tons of capital for the English and the Dutch. Privateers could like triple or quadruple your investment in a year or so (unless they sink, of course), and they would probably use the "excess manpower" of dispossessed former farmers anyway, lest they get shipped across the ocean to America or Australia as prison labor or just killed for being vagabonds.

>> No.18922338

>>18922328
...at the margin recommendations where says "people aslo red..." after searching and opening the page for this book in Goodreads

>> No.18922363

>born too early to try to become a warlord
>I’ll be middle aged when shit hits the fan
Damn, I guess I better begin enjoying this boring liminal period

>> No.18922368

>>18922317
Source?

>> No.18922818

Same thing happened to me, I don't see it as a regression, just fully incorporating my beliefs into my worldview
>White western countries are going to shit
ok
>What am I going to do about it
I'm going to accept that I can't do much to change this, so I will try to live my life in spite of it. I think the people responsible for ruining the country my ancestors fought and died for me to prosper in probably want me to get all upset and be angry/depressed all day.
I go to work, read the bible, play vidya, shitpost, and honestly I can make do with this. If Christ gifts me with a wife and children, great, but I won't hold my breath.
Basically, I'm going to enjoy my life, especially since the jews and other spawn of satan want me to suffer in my own misery.

>> No.18922883

>>18922328
Because Nazism is the only meaningfully Illiberal ideology, and Spengler was very illiberal.

>> No.18922909

>>18922883
I disagree

>> No.18922913

>>18916505
Hahah
>I’m completely driven by my emotions

No it’s going to get FAR worse before it gets better.
>I’m pretty optimistic that things are going to change for the better soon
based on what you fucking half-wit? Governments are currently deep in process of continuing to take away civil liberties from the public. In my country you need a permit to eat outside.

Unironically reads like a “leftypol psyop”

>> No.18922965

The low intelligence of /lit/ really shows in this thread my god.

>I too love my tyrannical corporate oligarchy, the disappearance of the middle class and a new slave society. It’s much easier to pretend it’s going to fix itself. Pathetic.

>> No.18924137

>>18920760
How so? If the west falls, all of Africa will starve.

>> No.18924346
File: 43 KB, 878x645, destiny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18918531
Destiny is the epitome of cool.

>> No.18924370

>>18916690
China seems willing to work with traditional conservative dictatorships unlike America, which forces globohomo on all of its allies and puppets.

>> No.18924444

>>18916834
Fertility and intelligence are declining. Birthrates are declining too, sort of tying in with fertility but also due to societal changes. They're kind of important if you want things to keep improving in other areas, otherwise we're going to be heading backwards soon (if we haven't begun already).

>> No.18924903

>>18916666
Maybe that will is our bargain mephisto, but the goddess of posterity will lay down her judgment and in the end the whole world will know that we were right.

>> No.18925089

>>18924346
Didn't that guy get sold meth as molly and sperg to his friends on discord about his tiny stim dick?

>> No.18925121

>>18916505
Big incel talk around here, funny how you don't see the world falling apart or decline of western society when you have sex, really makes you think.

>> No.18925180

>>18925121
>mental illness

>> No.18925234

>>18925180
Indeed, wouldn't ever imagine not having sex could do this to people

>> No.18925237

>>18916505
The west is better than ever. No point in history has ever been better than this era. Anyone that says otherwise is a retard.

>> No.18925280

>>18916505
>whitoids getting extinct because their woman realized the weak, short dick cucks they are and lust for BBC instead, driving massive campaigns on media, universities etc, teaching the evil and corruption of this retards and demanding they all be killed and superior coloured man be brought to fuck them senseless
OH NO WEST IS FALLING GUYS, kek, follow your leader and kill yourself incels

>> No.18925283

Is this book actually good?
Do i need to know a lot about historiography to "get it"?

>> No.18925327

>>18916505
I will be honest, I went through all five stages of grief over this, and more and more evidence keeps stacking that we are indeed very few steps from outright violent genocide of whites in western countries in a few decades as soon as everyone is old enough to have little resistance. I decided in the end that there's nothing to do anymore, is just too late to change anything anymore, the entire fabric of our culture was manipulated to a self destroying end and to change it now would take long and mostly no young whites have children anymore, so would serve little to no purpose. After all the grief, I decided to enjoy the ride for the last moments we have, may take one or two decades even, quite enough time to read, play, laugh, make love, whatever you like, if it indeed happens, I will be old enough not to care anymore as long as I have no children to suffer it too.

>> No.18925441

>>18925283
Yes the book is good.
No you do not need to know any historiography to get it. Spengler's method is unique in the field of historical analysis. I'd recommend you at least know what Goethe's morphological methodology is before you read it, but that is about all you "need" to know before reading. Otherwise when (because Spengler brings everything from math to art into his analysis) something comes up that you do not understand just look it up. Remember the title is misleading to what Spengler will cover for 90% of the book.

>> No.18925577

>>18925234
I think you have bigger problems freak.

>> No.18925587

>>18916505
You weren’t “redpilled” (hate that term, but I’ll use it for the sake of argument). You were more likely just confused and looking for meaning, and finding something you actually enjoyed gave you enough dopamine to stop caring about the outside world.

People who let their personal life determine their entire outlook on existence are usually irrational, narcissistic and emotionally fragile. You should make sure to clearly distinguish between your experiences and the wider state of the world. Likewise, you should not be afraid of being “radicalized”, as long as it doesn’t affect your personal relationships or turn you into a schizo.

Your optimism about the world’s future isn’t borne out by anything in real life. Overpopulation, climate change (man made or not; that really doesn’t matter), mass migration and the resulting ethnic conflict, and other similar issues are empirically real, and most show no signs of improving in the near future. People who claim to be optimistic about this tend to hope for either globalist technocracy or collapse, both of which will be awful.

Just look back at any historical period with a similarly pessimistic zeitgeist, from late Rome to fin-de-siècle Europe. Whenever a lot of people simultaneously believe themselves to be living in an age of decay, they’re almost invariably right.

>> No.18925617

>>18925577
Don't know man, my life is chill, seeing only good things coming from the future, only whitoids are worried that they are finally paying for their crimes, every other race has only good things to say about the future, is quite telling that only whites talk about collapse of civilization

>> No.18925682

Its an outstanding example of epic poetry as Spengler intended. Probably one of the most misunderstood books too.

>> No.18925695

>>18916648
for what?

>> No.18925844

>>18925121
I have sex regularly and think the future is looking like crap. Sex is a cope.
>>18925617
>non-white thinks only about sex and immediate gratification
Par for the course.

>> No.18925940

Europe is gonna turn into the new ME when China is the worlds police

>> No.18925972

>>18925441
>"the title is misleading to what Spengler will cover for 90% of the book"
What do you mean?

>> No.18926336
File: 109 KB, 976x549, E8BC94F6-8710-40C8-BE4C-1BD2A509F560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18917754
>Why?
>You must concede that the American Rev. was the first fruitful revolution based on enlightenment principles:
>>That all men are created equal
>>That they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights
>>whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [preserving these natural rights], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
>This is just the preamble of the Declaration and we have a full-throated defence of these values that are now valued.
>You either must be a reactionary of some sort, or a retarded marxist to not understand the value of the first state laying on the bedrock of such lofty principles.

>> No.18926364

>>18917835
>True, but it should be understood that the definition of Man, was limited to the archetype of the rational human - women and blacks were, for reasons possibly still in existence, were not seen to fit into this archetype . However, with time and the various liberatory movements of the 19th and 20th centuries, this definition did broaden into today's conception of human-ness being universal, so that's not really a gotcha - the principle still stands, as it did then
This is fucking retarded as the French Revolution, an actual revolution which only happened a few years later, abolished slavery.

>> No.18926379

>>18925617
Shieeet nigga, deez fukin crackas be readin n shit wtf iz wit dat mayn? We iz doing well dey iz dooen bayd y iz dey complainin n shiet? Goofyazz crackas. I wish I waz wite mayn shieet fukin hoynkeys!

>> No.18926384

>>18926336
to be fair I don't think they really considered blacks people at that time

>> No.18926391

>>18925844
I didn't know I was talking to a nigger, I don't know why he's here, I didn't think they could read.

>> No.18926422

>>18926384
Again. The French did.

>> No.18926486

>>18926336
Good job proving his point.

>> No.18926540

>>18926422
True, I don't respect the American Revolution anyway - as I wrote in >>18917664
it was largely just a conspiracy by disgruntled merchants from Massachusetts cooking up flimsy grievances. I don't think any of those men actually believed anything they claimed to.

>> No.18926633

>>18916666
>666

>> No.18926669

>>18922368
Study history you mongrel

>> No.18927302

>>18916666
Cruelty and torture are not new. Actually we are not near the levels of cruelty of people a few hundreds years ago

>> No.18927456

>>18926669
So that's a no to having any sort of source, I'm guessing?

>> No.18927592

>>18918271
stfu fag all you've been doing for the past month is repeating this line over and over again
>the sky is falling the sky is falling
playing right into the hands of the emerging 100 trillion dollar carbon credit market

>> No.18927774

>>18925682
This guy gets it. It is best read as Epic Poem

>At last, in the grey dawn of Civilization, the fire in the Soul dies down. The dwindling powers rise to one more,
half-successful, effort of creation, and produce the Classicism that is common
to all dying Cultures. The soul thinks once again, and in Romanticism looks
back piteously to its childhood; then finally, weary, reluctant, cold, it loses
its desire to be, and, as in Imperial Rome, wishes itself out of the overlong
daylight and back in the darkness of protomysticism, in the womb of the
mother, in the grave.

>> No.18927786
File: 346 KB, 439x500, j5g26qnp1ej51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Again, it is not the Classical statue, but the Classical torso that we really love. It has had a destiny: something suggestive of the past as past envelops it, and our imagination delights to fill the empty space of missing limbs with the pulse and swing of invisible lines. A good restoration - and the secret charm of endless possibilities is all gone. I venture to maintain that it is only by way of this transposition into the musical that the remains of Classical sculpture can really reach us. The green bronze, the blackened marble, the fragments of a figure abolish for our inner eye the limitations of time and space.

>> No.18927797

>>18925972
He rarely talks about the decline. In fact i remember when i read it that it wasn't until 200 pages in or something that he first mentioned something about the decline of the West. The title is more of a conclusion to the book than the subject matter.

>> No.18927809

The Chaldean astrology was in those days a fashion, very far removed from the genuine Classical belief in oracles and from the Magian faith in the might of the hour. It was "relaxation," a "let's pretend." And, over and above this, there were the numberless charlatans and fake prophets who toured the towns and sought with their pretentious rites to persuade the half-educated into a renewed interest in religion. Correspondingly, we have in the European-American world of to-day the occultist and theosophist fraud, the American Christian Science, the untrue Buddhism of drawing-rooms, the religious arts and-crafts business (brisker in Germany than even in England) that caters for groups and cults of Gothic or Late Classical or Taoist sentiment. Everywhere it is just a toying with myths that no one really believes, a tasting of cults that it is hoped might fill the inner void. The real belief is always the belief in atoms and numbers, but it requires this highbrow hocus-pocus to make it bearable in the long run. Materialism is shallow and honest, mock-religion shallow and dishonest.

>> No.18927847

>>18927786
where from? spengler?

>> No.18927851

>>18927847
Yes

>> No.18927857

This book is really tedious. It for sure taught the likes of (((Derrida))) or (((Adorno))) to "question" everything and be "critical" at all costs.

>> No.18927889

But when Jesus was taken before Pilate, then the world of facts and the world of truth were face to face in immediate and implacable hostility. It is a scene appallingly distinct and overwhelming in its symbolism, such as the world's history had never before and has never since looked at. The discord that lies at the root of all mobile life from its beginning, in virtue of its very being, of its having both existence and awareness, took here the highest form that can possibly be conceived of human tragedy. In the famous question of the Roman Procurator:
"What is truth?" - the one word that is race-pure in the whole Greek Testament -lies the entire meaning of history, the exclusive validity of the deed, the prestige of the State and war and blood, the all-powerfulness of success and the pride of eminent fitness. Not indeed the mouth, but the silent feeling of Jesus answers this question by that other which is decisive in all things of religion -What is actuality? For Pilate actuality was all; for Him nothing. Were it anything, indeed, pure religiousness could never stand up against history and the powers of history, or sit in judgment on active life; or if it does, it ceases to be religion and is subjected itself to the spirit of history.

>> No.18927898

Religion is metaphysic and nothing else - "Credo quia absurdum" - and this metaphysic is not the metaphysic of knowledge, argument, proof (which is
mere philosophy or learnedness), but lived and experienced metaphysic - that is, the unthinkable as a certainty, the supernatural as a fact, life as existence in a world that is non-actual, but true. Jesus never lived one °moment in any other
world but this. He was no moralizer, and to see in moralizing the final aim of religion is to be ignorant of what religion is.

Moralizing is nineteenth-century Enlightenment, humane Philistinism. To ascribe social purposes to Jesus is a blasphemy. His occasional utterances of a social kind, so far as they are authentic and not merely attributed sayings, tend merely to edification. They contain nothing whatever of new doctrine, and they include proverbs of the sort then in general currency. His teaching was the proclamation, nothing but the proclamation, of those Last Things with whose images he was constantly filled, the dawn of the New Age, the advent of heavenly envoys, the last judgement, a new heaven and a new earth.

>> No.18927909

>>18927898
Any other conception of religion was never in Jesus, nor in any truly deep-feeling period of history. Religion is,first and
last, metaphysic, other-worldliness (Jenseitigkeit), awareness in a world of which the evidence of the senses merely lights the foreground. It is life in and with the supersensible. And where the capacity for this awareness, or even the capacity for believing in its existence, is wanting, real religion is at an end.

"My kingdom is not of this world," and only he who can look into the depths that this flash illumines can comprehend the voices that come out of them. It is the Late, city periods that, no longer capable of seeing into depths, have turned the remnants of religiousness upon the external world and replaced religion by humanities, and metaphysic by moralization and social ethics.

>> No.18927945
File: 913 KB, 320x240, 7jYXJ54.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>With Michelangelo the history of Western sculpture is at an end. What of it there was after him was mere misunderstandings or reminiscences. His real heir was Palestrina.

>> No.18927962

The men of the early time, as Homer presents them to our judgment - the Odysseuses and Ajaxes - would have cut a queer figure among the chevaliers of the Crusades. Very feminine natures, too, are capable of brutality - a rebound-brutality of their own - and Greek
cruelty was of this kind. But in the North the great Saxon, Franconian and Hohenstaufen emperors appear on the very threshold of the Culture, surrounded by giant-men like Henry the Lion and Gregory VII. Then come the men of the Renaissance, of the struggle of the two Roses, of the Huguenot Wars, the Spanish Conquistadores, the Prussian electors and kings, Napoleon, Bismarck, Rhodes. What other Culture has exhibited the like of these?

>> No.18927978

>>18927962
Where in all Hellenic history is so powerful a scene as that of 1176 - the Battle of Legnano as foreground, the suddenly-disclosed strife of the great Hohenstaufen and the great Welf as background? The heroes of the Great Migrations, the Spanish chivalry, Prussian discipline, Napoleonic energy - how much of the Classical is there in these men and things? And where, on the heights of Faustian morale, from the Crusades to the World War, do we find anything of the ".. slave-morale," the meek resignation, the deaconess's Caritas?

Only in pious and honoured words, nowhere else. The type of the very priesthood is Faustian; think of those magnificent bishops of the old German empire who on horseback led their flocks into the wild battle, or those Popes who could force submission on a Henry IV and a Frederick II, of the Teutonic Knights in the Ostmark, of Luther's challenge in which the old Northern heathendom rose up against old Roman, of the great Cardinals (Richelieu, Mazarin, Fleury) who shaped France. That is Faustian morale, and one must be blind
indeed if one does not see it efficient in the whole field of West-European history. And it is only through such grand instances of worldly passion which express the consciousness of a mission that we are able to understand -

>> No.18927982

>>18927978
- those of grand spiritual passion, of the upright and forthright Caritas which nothing can resist, the dynamic charity that is so utterly unlike Classical moderation and Early-Christian mildness. There is a hardness in the sort of compassion that was practiced by the German mystics, the German and Spanish military Orders, the French and English Calvinists.

>> No.18928318

>>18927889
>>18927898
>>18927909
>>18927945
>>18927962
>>18927978
>>18927982
now i wanna read this. based

>> No.18928387

>>18917664
Based

>> No.18928465

>>18916666
>Bro... DOOM... because of... REASONS
cringe

>> No.18928963

>Can we talk about this prescient masterpiece in historiography?

>> No.18928969

>>18916505
I wish I could be as hopeful as you, I see absolutely no way things get better unless some miracle happens

>> No.18928973

>>18928465
Cringe and normie pilled

>> No.18928985

>>18925940
What's ME?

>> No.18929007

>>18925237
Imagine being this fucking naive after last 18 months LMAO

>> No.18929014

>>18925121
Nice just world fallacy retard
When you are a normie who gets their basic needs met you are not capable of any complex deep thoughts

>> No.18929115

>>18927456
It is a well known fact. He is not obligated to do your google searching for you. You just want to waste his time. Look for "war enthousiasm early WW1" and you will find plenty of sources.
This would have taken the same effort as asking for the source. Which in my eyes proves you didn't and just wanted to waste peoples time. Mongrel dog.

>> No.18929126

>>18916666
Spengler is worth read, because he’s right. But we won’t get a quick collapse... what we will get is much worse. A long, drawn out decline where it’s obvious what’s happening, but there’s little to do about it. Anyone who thinks we aren’t already in a really poor place has simply acclimated. They are just as far removed from reality and the doomfags, and they have the trend wrong.

>> No.18929132
File: 340 KB, 700x687, 1630046672262.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916505
>>18916740
>>18916834

>> No.18929326

>>18925695
maturing

>> No.18929690

>>18916505
you're fucking retarded. Our ancestors may have been killed or starving, but they were never exposed to such a diabolic (in the greek etymological and christian sense, which in fact are the same, is the ethical and mystic implication which changes) ontological relationship; and never were exposed to such an abysmal place against their enemies. We, in the other hand, are at war against a globalist technocratic almost demiurgical AI evil god. Fuck you.

>> No.18929719

For all the people saying there is no collapse anytime soon, I read not too long ago about a bunch of MIT researchers saying we're due for a bronze age style collapse by 2040s or so. That was back in the 90s and it's backed by their research. Just some food for thought. I think the doomers and preppers are largely a bit crazy, paranoid, and have the timing off but they probably have the right idea.

>> No.18929725

>>18929690
>words words words

>> No.18929835

>>18916505
>no empire lasts forever
M8, empire is just about to start. Not even our grandchildren will see the collapse.

>> No.18929956

>>18916760
>>18925121
>>18916867
>>18916884
>dude just have sex and consoom and you will suddenly stop being depressed lmao
People like you will never have any deeper thoughts as long as you have your bread and circuses, you are incapable of self actualization and barely above animals

>> No.18929999

>>18929835
Chinese Empire?

>> No.18930375

>>18922317
that's objectively not true. the European reaction to ww1 was absolute dread. No one (other than the Russians) were happy to go to war. The idea that a jubilant Europe went to war in 1914 and ended the war being traumatized is a total myth. It was said that at the outbreak of the war Paris became totally silent

>> No.18930405

>>18916767
If that's what you believe unironically why don't you just give up on life and commit suicide right now? life is full of suffering, and the suffering you will endure will be far greater than any pleasure you'll experience. You have to grow, and the only way to grow is through suffering. hedonism is cringe, read the Bible

>> No.18930450

>>18916875
the liberal democracies you cherish so much are committing genocide against the Palestinians, Iraqis, Syrians and are increasingly persecuting Christians worldwide. 40 Catholic churches in Canada were burned or vandalised and after some priests spoke out against it they were forced to resign. Liberal regimes are actually some of the most intolerant in the world. their economic policies rn in the year 2021 are causing food shortages and empty shelves in supermarkets

>> No.18930454

>>18929956
>strawman

>> No.18930476

>>18929326
how is that a good thing?

>> No.18930482

>>18916666
Checked and blackpilled

>> No.18930522

>>18929999
No, Faustian Empire, the universal state, the "where" of empire isn't even that important to it's shape (for a variety of reasons). The only thing it'll determine is where the imperial capital is going to be, but that's a superficial point, I think.

I bring this again, has anyone read "Spengler's Furure" by John Reilly? What do you think of it? ( It's all in his blog, here http://www.benespen.com/spenglers-future ). It's a text that ACTUALLY does the 'spengler prediction' thing for our current civilization. Worth a read if you want to pretend to have read Spengler.

I was fairly skeptical of it until we actually hit the "age of faked antiques"part, I'm sure I was just a brainlet for not having it seen coming.

>> No.18930524

>>18917392
the south was a backwater because its geography sucked. yes, you could grow cash crops there, but that land was filled with malaria, swamps, and intense heat. not really suitable for industry and large human habitation until recently. Many people just don't know how much it sucked to live in the south

>> No.18930538

>>18930522
"Spengler's Future", derp

>> No.18930552
File: 73 KB, 756x660, 1621460793465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916666
But we can mk ultra everyone into ignoring murder.

>> No.18930559

>>18917205
>Yeah, why can't they produce all that wealth in there huh? how come China has bigger gdp but is people are poor asf
China has the biggest middle class in the world. 400 million people. Extreme poverty is something only seen in remote western parts of China. China today has a very good standard of living

>> No.18930564

>>18917798
Completely different situations, the police were sent after the chimpout. Americans started revolting because Britain had not acceded to American demands.

>> No.18930603

>>18927774
very coincidentally I just read that passage before entering this thread. I'm reading the book right now and I am enjoying

>> No.18930605

>>18925237
Is that why suicide rates are the highest they have been in history? Not everything can be measured in easily quantifiable things like GDP and child mortality rate.

>> No.18930658

>>18927809
>>18927909
>>18927962
>>18927978
>>18927982
>>18927889
>>18927898
I'm stupid, what is Spengler trying to say here?

>> No.18930797

>>18930522
>I was fairly skeptical of it until we actually hit the "age of faked antiques"part, I'm sure I was just a brainlet for not having it seen coming.

This is also interesting:"The West, pursuing its own highly idiosyncratic notions of justice and equity, came close to achieving equality of result for all ethnic groups and both genders in the most visible stations of public life. The problem, however, is that any position or institution which is manipulated to this degree soon ceases to be a real center of initiative or influence."

>> No.18930971
File: 30 KB, 320x320, 1600818271624.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18916666
CHECKED

>> No.18930988

>>18929690
exposed to an...ontological relationship? You're not ready to state the kinds of things you're trying to bud

>> No.18930992

>>18930454
this is exactly what we are talking about

>> No.18930995
File: 32 KB, 552x509, where in bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18930454

>> No.18931009

>>18930797
Yah, "most visible stations" is certainly spot on. Institutions have become very ceremonial about this, seemingly detaching themselves from whatever orriginal function they had.

>> No.18931812

>>18918046
I've always related 2=3 to the transgender argument, that we're now being socially outcast for calling a spade a spade.