[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 151 KB, 817x1000, Frans_Hals_-_Portret_van_René_Descartes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18943427 No.18943427 [Reply] [Original]

Hello internet, I just had an incredible experience that I want to communicate to you.
Recently I have been very sick from I know not what; I have suffered excruciating pain and flashes of heat emanate from my head on down to me feet and I sweat profusely. I haven't vomited as much as I use to recently but before it was terrible. I think I've even lost some weight since I last had my health.
I would not post about just being sick though. I came here to talk about a vision I just had yesterday night. It was raining and the boom and crackle of the skies outside pounded on my head. I was in my bed and the door from the hallway into my bedroom was open. From my bedroom I could see the entire hallway which started at a wall; perpendicular to the hallway (looking at the floorplan) and closest to the wall was the start of the stairway from downstairs to the floor of my bedroom. There are other rooms which extend perpendicularly (starting at their doorways) on either side to the hallway but mine was the one to which the hallway directly lead to.
Before I was able to go to sleep I saw a ball of light phase through the wall at the end of the hallway; the ball moved with considerably velocity towards my room, all the while moving in a jagged zigzag and twirly whirl. I was afraid, I was very afraid. It was coming towards me and I thought I was going to die but just before it reached the foot of my bed it stopped and made a vertical ascent up.
(continued)

>> No.18943431
File: 352 KB, 1500x1958, 1024px-Utrecht_Weenix_Descartes-5a42e6e0c7822d003709499c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was sweating a lot and wondered if what I saw was real. I closed my eyes briefly and was startled to see looking at me a face. NO ONE WAS HOME BUT ME. I did not know who this intruder was but I thought they were going to kill me. He hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. I hadn't noticed before but he apparently had the face of my late father.
>Son, don't disappoint me son.
I couldn't stop crying, I'm crying now, daddy disappeared and a bright light replaced his form.
I believe the platonic form of all men was there with me now
> Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto
He ate, he drank, he urinated, he defecated, he ejaculated, he cried, he whispered, he was in pain, he was joyous...I cannot describe much more, I didn't understand what I was looking at. I was disgusted. It was disgusting.
He kept calling me a jew, a tranny, I don't know what it means I'm not a jew, I'm not a tranny. I don't know what he wanted from me. I told him to fuck off you faggot, fuck off you faggot, fuck off you faggot. Stupid nigger faggot, fuck off you faggot.
Ezekial saw The Chariot of the Lord, he saw God's Throne, I am seeing this faggot. What is my luck? Is there luck? I thought I died for a second but I didn't.
The faggot exploded, and his body parts flew all over the room. the blood turned into light. and all of his mess was gone--I didn't have to clean it up lol.
After the faggot disappeared I noticed a faint sound that got louder and louder. It was the Waldstein. It kept on getting louder and at one point it was actually deafening but it soon settled down to the point where I could still hear it but it wasn't bothering me anymore. I love the Waldstein. I listen to it over and over. But I don't think it was playing on anything.
I saw Descartes come to me and he said that I have to establish a science of visions. A science of visions I thought was impossible but I remember what he said in his rules for the direction of the mind
(continued)

>> No.18943434
File: 3.20 MB, 3083x3896, Sébastien_Bourdon_-_Presumed_Portrait_of_René_Descartes_-_WGA2948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> We must occupy ourselves only with those objects that our intellectual powers appear competent to know certainly and indubitably.
Was I competent to know certainly and indubitably the science of vision? It occurred to me that vision was thought and thought was extended reality! What do you guys think? this is a real winner I think.
I knew it was my time to synthesize reality, thought, and understanding in all being one.
I told my girlfriend about it but she just frowned and didn't say anything. I thought she didn't understand so I just kept on repeating it. She asked if I was okay. Does she think I'm crazy or something? My own girlfriend?
I said
> The thought contains the possibility of the state of affairs which it thinks.
> What is thinkable is also possible.
> We cannot think anything unlogical, for otherwise we should have to think unlogically.
If something is possible it can happen and all that needs to happen for something possible to happen is for it to happen and it did happen. Hume refuted causality and proved that something can happen by happening and that there was no logical reason for assuming something must happen because something else happened. And anyway I saw it there, manifest before me, so it did happen. The world of forms exist outside of the reaches of skepticism, because it is apart of the fabric of truth itself and skepticism cannot attack truth itself. Idea exists alongside reality, idea is reality. How do I explain this, I need to spread the word. Praise Jesus, hollowed by thy name.
(finished)

>> No.18943512

>>18943427
Killing this guy was the only good thing queen Christina did.

>> No.18943533
File: 920 KB, 800x609, 800px-Dispute_of_Queen_Cristina_Vasa_and_Rene_Descartes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18943512
Fuck you you stupid fucking retard.
You don't know shit, which is why Descartes makes you seethe you massive pseud.
His philosophy was mostly correct.

>> No.18943735
File: 89 KB, 700x1057, DescartesSkull.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.18943970

>>18943434
*hallowed

>> No.18944102

>>18943970
yes, please accept my apologies for this preposterous error. Praise be to God, hallowed be his name!

>> No.18944591

What does /lit/ think?

>> No.18944614
File: 75 KB, 482x427, witheredjak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18943427
>hollowed

>> No.18944630
File: 146 KB, 917x871, FeelsBadMan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18944614
Can I never atone for this horrendous mistake...?
i-I'm sorry...please forgive me...:,(

>> No.18945433

have a bump, friend

>> No.18945752

>>18943431
>He kept calling me a jew, a tranny, I don't know what it means I'm not a jew, I'm not a tranny. I don't know what he wanted from me. I told him to fuck off you faggot, fuck off you faggot, fuck off you faggot. Stupid nigger faggot, fuck off you faggot.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
> The thought contains the possibility of the state of affairs which it thinks.
> What is thinkable is also possible.
> We cannot think anything unlogical, for otherwise we should have to think unlogically.
Especially the last one is, essentially, a major part of Wittgenstein's philosophy; you should check it out.
Cool post, OP.

>> No.18945870

>>18945752
Yeah, I actually quoted an English translation of him verbatim there but my girlfriend didn't get it. I can't get out of bed but I'm so angry right now I don't know what to do. I came here because you guys are the smartest people I know.
>>18945433
Thank you, I very much appreciate it :)

>> No.18946379

Do you have many dreams like this ?

>> No.18946679

>>18946379
This wasn't a dream, this really happened; regardless, I have had dreams like this before but I've always woken hysterical from them. I was almost calm for the entire duration of this experience (and again, wide awake).