[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 170 KB, 353x564, 1609700834946.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19465212 No.19465212 [Reply] [Original]

>wait for wagner to die
>talk shit about him non stop after
>wagner is dead and can't refute said criticisms
>nietzsche: i accept your concession
This guy was a really a sociopath.

>> No.19465230
File: 80 KB, 398x700, nietzsche-uniform-1864.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19465212
>I am better now and I even believe that Wagner's death was the most substantial relief that could have been given me just now. It was hard for six years to have to be the opponent of the man one had most reverenced on earth, and my constitution is not sufficiently coarse for such a position. After all it was Wagner grown senile whom I was forced to resist; as to the genuine Wagner, I shall yet attempt to become in a great measure his heir (as I have often assured Fräulein Malvida, though she would not believe it).
>I suppose I know better than any one the prodigious feats of which Wagner was capable, the fifty worlds of strange ecstasies to which no one else had wings to soar; and as I am alive to-day and strong enough to turn even the most suspicious and most dangerous things to my own advantage, and thus to grow stronger, I declare Wagner to have been the greatest benefactor of my life. The bond which unites us is the fact that we have suffered greater agony, even at each other's hands, than most men are able to bear nowadays, and this will always keep our names associated in the minds of men.

>> No.19465242

>>19465230
this was after he wrote case of wagner?
what a bipolar schizoid holy shit

>> No.19465257

>No, bro! You just need to accept that Nietzsche has a galaxy sized IQ and is smarter than you.
>he was only *pretending* to be retarded.
>Every single breathe he took was a kind of meta-ironic antagonism to trap brainlets like you!
>What? He made these lousy arguments and got all these basic scholarly facts wrong?
>Well Nietzsche knew that he was bullshitting!

>> No.19465273

>>19465242
First quote is a week after Wagner died, second quote is from Ecce Homo, written shortly after The Case of Wagner.

>> No.19465291

>>19465273
Thanks I'm still reading case of wagner atm. on section 9 now. this edition includes ecce homo too.