[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 222x232, AADLS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1954213 No.1954213 [Reply] [Original]

How often do you read books on history, /lit/?

Do you have a favourite time period you enjoy material on? How about a favourite author?

>> No.1954218
File: 31 KB, 309x475, stalingrad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Although I can't compare my reading of the book with the struggle of the Red Army; it has been a very big read.

>> No.1954268

All day erry day, anon.
I get those cravings for specific periods or themes (specific empires, historical figures, year profile etc) which I pursue till i get bored / lose steam.

This seems like a highly inefficient way to learn general world history in comparison to chronological one but that's just how I roll.

>> No.1954280

As much as i can. I struggle when choosing what to read though, for every event or period of history there are dozens of books all covering the same thing.

>> No.1954290
File: 41 KB, 1365x868, stef20a1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All the time, every time. One of the best way to escape my shitty life is to dive deep into history and read about other times.

I myself have always been keen on classical greco-roman history, but I settle with anything. War history and history of conflict in general interests me, yet it's rather difficult to find stuff that does more than a list of dates / events disguised as prose.

Also: heroic stories of greek soldiers are always nice to read, not because they're true, but because they make me forget who I am.

>> No.1954305

>>1954290
>one of the best way to escape my shitty life

Heavy.

>> No.1954312

>>1954290

>one of the best ways to escape my shitty life
>reading about war, death, famine, genocide, etc.

You know that stuff is actually happening today, right?

You could easily pick up and go join the fun.