[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 102 KB, 720x576, 1657072626290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20637816 No.20637816 [Reply] [Original]

Is there any book that i can read to help me convert to Christianity. To help me believe in God and see the truth of Christianity. I already believe the moral system is the best there is and i believe that westerners take for granted how much Christianity had influenced western ideas of morality. I just need the final red pill on actually believing in the "mythological"/story aspects of it. Any book recommendations?

>> No.20637830

I am busy with The case for Christ. I dont have enough faith to be an atheist was dog shit. The work of his hands by Sy Garte was fairly okay. What else

>> No.20637885

the bible sounds like a good start

>> No.20637899

>>20637816
Christian here, contrary to what redditors believe, you're supposed to view the miracles and such on an intellectual and allegorical level.
As for books just get a Bible with annotations and a large critical apparatus. Oxford's for example.

>> No.20637930

The books of Gregory Bahnsen.

>> No.20637949

>>20637816
My obligatory fedoraist opinion is that you shouldn't do this because those stories are false (and you shouldn't believe falsehoods). The book of Exodus is a complete fabrication, Jesus didn't perform miracles, your preferred church doesn't have divine guidance.
With that out of the way, the communal aspect is powerful. These religions evolved for engagement as groups, not as individuals. Engaging with them too deeply as an individual may even be dangerous, that's how you get mentally unwell would-be-prophets. It's best to have grounding. The Taiping rebellion (death toll: 20 million) was started by a Christian convert reading pamphlets, not someone who was raised Christian or even talked to Christians. Jewish religious scholarship has customs and stories (like the Oven of Akhnai) designed to stop people from thinking they're the Messiah and causing a ruckus (a recurring problem, Wikipedia has a whole list sectioned by century).
All this is to say: go to church, and the rest may follow. You'll have to find one you like, of course. I'm not speaking from personal experience, but church seems to be important for the Christian converts I follow and I've heard of an atheist couple who went Mormon for the "social technology" and ended up unironic believers a year later.

>>20637899
>contrary to what redditors believe, you're supposed to view the miracles and such on an intellectual and allegorical level.
They have a symbolic layer of meaning but the historically common opinion among believers was always that they did literally happen.
They didn't literally happen, so viewing them on an allegorical level is better as far as I'm concerned. But it's not what you're "supposed" to do.

>> No.20637954
File: 21 KB, 474x379, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637949
It's so refreshing to see a fedora on /lit/ for a change. The religious freaks have been running rampant for far too long.

>> No.20637956

>>20637816
There is no trth in Christianity, the only claim it has is a series of texts that can be historically verified to be largely innaccurate.
What people get confused on is "Does God exist" and "Is Christianity correct" and "can a relationship wth God ad my life and mental health" are all 3 different questions. Find God, have faith, pay no attention to scribes and priests.

>> No.20637957
File: 5 KB, 235x215, 1619377404677.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637899
>you're supposed to view the miracles and such on an intellectual and allegorical level.
Christianity without belief. I wonder what that leads to—or what it is a half-assed attempt to avoid!

>> No.20637966

>>20637956
>Find God, have faith, pay no attention to scribes and priests.
Add in "don't be a dick" and this is broadly the point of the new testament until we get to Paul who sort of says "now forget all of that and do the opposite instead".

>> No.20638028

>>20637816
have you read all the gospels?

>> No.20638032

>>20637956
>There is no trth in Christianity
>trth
Lol God won't even let you say something so wrong lmao
>>20637949
Taking communion from a true believer is a surreal feeling

>> No.20638038

>>20637816
Mere Christianity, Either/Or, and honestly the first half of City of God and Confessions. CoG is literally Augustine being like "Polytheism is bullshit and here's why," for 500 pages. It's also the prose style which informs pretty much all Western writing.

>> No.20638062

>>20638032
>Lol God won't even let you say something so wrong lmao
No truth in the sense that if you claim your religious beliefs rely on historical events X, Y and Z and it can't be shown that those historical events are innaccurate or ficticious then it turns any "truth" contain therein into alegorical, which is fine for most of the new testament as the lessons are tantamount to "be a good person", but that's true of any non-edgelord book and isn't what Christians claim as the "truth" in the bible.

>> No.20638065

>>20637816
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall.

>> No.20638094
File: 51 KB, 316x450, 23231.b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637816
Read the New Testament in order, then the Old Testament, in order (preferably the Septuagint). The Faith of the Saints by Saint Nikolaj Velimirović is a great intro to the Church.
I would suggest that you attend Church and talk to the priest, he will be far better at answering your questions and helping you than /lit/.

>>20637899
Why would you believe in Christ if the Bible is just an allegory? You are conceding to the new atheists for no reason. Everything in the Bible happened literally, why be a Christian if Christ is not literally God and did not literally die on the Cross, trampling death by death, and resurrect on the third day?

>> No.20638161

>>20637899
You are functionally an atheist. Jesus Christ literally healed the blind, mute and paralyzed. Even anti-Christian works like the Talmud call Jesus a ‘magician’ and similar reports are recorded in Celsus, as well as in the mouth of Jews in Justin Martyr. How can you believe a man rose from the dead but he never worked miracles? If you don’t even believe he rose again, I don’t even know what to say.

>> No.20638178

>>20638062
> for most of the new testament… the lessons are tantamount to "be a good person
You missed the message of the Gospel really hard

>> No.20638181

>>20637816
Imagine being this desperate for a celestial daddy

>> No.20638183

OP here. Why is Catholicism false. It makes the most sense to me.

>> No.20638204

>>20638183
>worship no gods besides me
>no wait, worship three gods
>worship a bunch of saints while you're at it
>live in a golden palace based on a book that tells you to be poor and humble
>have your priests fuck a ton of kids too and move them around so they can't be jailed

>> No.20638217

>>20638183
The doctrine of papal supremacy is founded on doctrinal development and was not present in the apostolic deposit of faith. The Latin idea of the pope comes from forgeries such the Decretals of Pseudo-Isidore, the Donation of Constantine and the Gregorian Reforms. Papal primacy is an apostolic teaching, and is affirmed by the Orthodox Church, which is the true Church. The Latins also have heretical teachings such as the Filioque, which was an addition to the Nicene Creed, a direct infringement of the seventh canon of the Ecumenical Council of Ephesus, which said anyone who added to the creed was forming a different faith and should be deposed / anathematized. Roman Catholicism is closer to the truth than Protestantism, no doubt, but the true Church is the Orthodox Church.

>> No.20638228

>>20638204
Three Persons of the Holy Trinity, One in Essence. Consubstantial and co-equal in majesty.
We venerate (not worship) because their lives are worthy of imitation.
John 12:4-6 applies to this statement
>have your priests fuck a ton of kids too and move them around so they can't be jailed
ok this one is true about catholics ngl

>> No.20638233

>>20638204
Compared to protestantism asshole. To me sola scriptura only makes sense if the holy spirit guides your reading of the bible. Considering that protestantism ranges from theologically liberal to theological conservative, i'd say that is not what is happening. Protestants dont even agree on wheter baptism is neccessary or not, so i think the bible is subject to interpretation just like any other text

>> No.20638240

>>20638204
>worship no gods besides me
Father, Son and Holy Spirit is one God. The Holy Fathers teach that ‘God’ refers to the essence. There are many proofs for the Trinity in the OT as well.

We honor the saints on account of their closeness with God, just as one honors the servants of a king on account of their closeness with the king. Plus, the Bible teaches that those in Christ are ‘one spirit’ with God, and that they partake of the divine nature. This is bestowed by grace, not nature.

I’m not even Catholic, but the Catholic Church is the biggest charitable organization on the planet. Solomon’s temple was coated in gold too.

Jews push this narrative to attack the church. Sex abuse is worse in public schools than it is in the Catholic Church.

>> No.20638243

>>20638228
>We venerate (not worship)

In that case, I venerate the great trinity of Zeus, Apollo and Dionysius

>> No.20638247

>>20638243
Those are demons, not saints or the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not even clever

>> No.20638249

>>20638233
>Compared to protestantism asshole
If you need this qualifier you've already lost. Why be Christian if none of the denominations make sense?
Catholicism is false because Christianity is false.

>> No.20638251

>>20638249
> Christianity is false.
[Citation needed]

>> No.20638253

>>20638240
>Father, Son and Holy Spirit is one God.
Okay, so you can't fucking count then

>We honor the saints on account of their closeness with God,
Makes zero sense

>I’m not even Catholic, but the Catholic Church is the biggest charitable organization on the planet.
Yes, in exchange for societal control. Hardly very charitable

>Sex abuse is worse in public schools than it is in the Catholic Church.
So if the public schools brought their childfucking level to Catholic numbers, you'd have no problem with it, then?

>> No.20638262

>>20638253
You are cynical and not even trying to discuss in good faith.

>> No.20638263

>>20638247
And your proof is some holy book? Because the Quran clearly states that worshipping the cross is shirk, worthy of hellfire?

>> No.20638267

>>20638251
By his own admission it doesn't make sense and the best you can do is find the least nonsensical school of thought. Doesn't that imply it's false?

>> No.20638270

>>20638251
Do you have evidence for the existence of a god, do you have evidence for the existence of your god, and have you given away all your possessions like your Bible commands you?

>> No.20638281

>>20638262
You're a Catholic so you can't disciss in good faith to begin with

>> No.20638287

>>20638263
> And your proof is some holy book? Because the Quran clearly states that worshipping the cross is shirk, worthy of hellfire?
Shirk is not a Christian term. The Lord commands monolatry of Yahweh, who is a Godhead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Qur’anic ideas like ‘association’ do not matter to Christians, who acknowledge adoption as sons of God and co-heirs with Christ as part of the doctrine of theosis, as taught in the Bible. God has many associates whom we honor and love on account of their love for God, devotion to God, and closeness with God.

>> No.20638294

>>20638287
No, but it is a term Gabriel used, and since God spoke Arabic (according to Muhammed), I clearly don't have care about what your polytheistic system thinks of it

>> No.20638298

>>20638240
>the Catholic Church is the biggest charitable organization on the planet
Still, why the gold? I don't care if Solomon did it too. Is it really better to spend the wealth that way instead of moving even more of it to charity?
I'm genuinely curious. I can think of explanations like "it helps attract believers" but that one feels a bit cynical.

>> No.20638316

>>20638270
> Do you have evidence for the existence of a god
Yes, we live in an ordered universe in which a multiplicity of diverse things are all under a single law of nature, even out to billions of billions of light years away, an imprint of oneness upon multiplicity. The laws of nature are perfect for the existence of beings such as ourselves, allowing us to exist, while there is nothing necessitating that it had to be this way, and a much simpler universe with different laws of nature is entirely possible, and many scientists acknowledge this fine-tuning. Evidence of teleology and design is also everywhere, especially in all of life. The universe can also not be eternal, because it would have reached heat death already due to entropy. Since it is a closed system as far as we are aware, and since everything about multiverses is a cope with no evidence, we can again point to God. The centuries of mystical and transcendent experiences of many individuals also are a proof of God as far as I am concerned, as are my own experiences in prayer with God.

>do you have evidence for the existence of your god
Biblical prophecies speak for themselves.

>and have you given away all your possessions like your Bible commands you
It says ‘if you want to be perfect’ — I’m not a monk. Many Christians more faithful than me have though.

>> No.20638321

>>20638294
Jibril is a demon who attacked Muhammad in a cave and choked him out, causing Muhammad to think he was possessed and to attempt suicide multiple times. Your filthy Qur’an also says that Muhammad (le perfect man) should ask Christians if he has any doubts about the Qur’an, so you better listen up.

>> No.20638330

>>20638298
Can we not decorate our places that we worship God in beautifully?

>> No.20638365

>>20638321
No, Christianity is clearly a form of shirk that took the words of the prophet Isa and perverted them.

This is according to Muhammed, and he got his info from an angel, while yoi got yours from a pedo

>> No.20638375

>>20638316
>Evidence of teleology and design is also everywhere, especially in all of life.
If only there wasn't something known as the survivorship bias

>Biblical prophecies speak for themselves.
They sure do. We've been waiting for 2 millennia now

>t says ‘if you want to be perfect’ — I’m not a monk. Many Christians more faithful than me have though.

Hahaha, sure thing. You want to be Christian, but not actually pay any price for it

In other words, you just want to larp

>> No.20638378

>>20638365
Who is Isa? Did he die on a cross? Nope. Did he preach a New Covenant? Nope. Was he wholly man and wholly God? Nope. No clue who your idol even is.

>> No.20638384

>>20638378
Listen, Muhammed's source is an angel, while yours is a pedo in a dress. What more proof do you need?

>> No.20638392

>>20638330
A lot of this decoration is not merely beautiful but ostentatious. Gold is pretty, but the main reason to use it is to say "look at me, I can afford gold".
And if decoration comes at the cost of doing good in other ways then maybe it's bad, yeah. Could be that I've been listening to too many utilitarians.

>> No.20638399

>>20638375
Evolution is a hoax, bro. Natural selection is real, but not as an all-explaining mechanism for everything. In fact it is more often than not a conservative force. Molecules-to-man macroevolution is a myth. All species have varieties within them, and change within bounds is possible, as we can see with the difference between Great Danes and Chihuahuas. You still haven’t explained away the reality of design, even at the level of cells, or the lack of intermediary forms, or have justified any of the presuppositions of this theory, which are philosophical and not scientific.

>We've been waiting for 2 millennia now
Christ taught the end would not come until the Gospel had been preached to every corner of the earth. It’s getting pretty close. Moral decline in the last days is very obvious, and things like the global government described in Revelation are right around the corner.

> Hahaha, sure thing. You want to be Christian, but not actually pay any price for it
If you had read the Gospels you’d realize that he didn’t tell everyone to do that, and that different people have different callings. Paul said the same thing on celibacy v. marriage.

>> No.20638401

>>20638392
God demanded that his ark be made out of gold too, honestly.

>> No.20638407
File: 533 KB, 1242x672, 9A423E91-81DF-4CE2-A055-437D20EE2ADB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20638384
Muhammad’s source was a demon. I’m not even a Catholic, so your ranting about some schismatic bishop of Rome doesn’t even register on my radar. I look to the apostolic tradition of the church, the lives of the saints, the Holy Fathers and the Bible, not to an actual bonafide pedophile like Muhammad, who said that you could ritually purify yourself in water contaminated with dead dogs, garbage and menstrual rags

>> No.20638413

>>20638399
2 more weeks!

>> No.20638420

>>20638413
That’s right, always be vigilant.

>> No.20638436

So nobody is going to recommend books?

>> No.20638443

>>20638436
>The Holy Bible
>The Sayings of the Desert Fathers
>The Way of a Pilgrim
>The Ladder of Divine Ascent (John Climacus)
>On the Incarnation (Athanasius)
>The Little Russian Philokalia: St. Seraphim of Sarov

>> No.20638553

>>20638436
The are no books that you can read that will make you a believer. At least I don't know what books will actually damage your brain so that you accept as true those fucking idiotic bible stories. If you already read the bible and are not convinced, just move on faggot

>> No.20638585

>>20637816
>"mythological"/story aspects of it
Rene Girard
- Violence and the Sacred
- Things Hidden since the Foundation of the World
- I See Satan Fall Like Lightning

>> No.20638595

>>20638436
Faith doesn't work like that. Go to a church / synagogue / hippy love regularly. Deist is the most you can hope for - religion is something you're either born into or you LARP (former Catholic speaking). Just try not to take the whole "god is everywhere and everything but you have to be here at 9am every Sunday. Also you owe us money" meme too much to heart.
Shortcut - take loads of mushrooms, just don't fall for the spirituality meme, if your relationship with the divine is not communal it is self-absorbed and irrelevant.

>> No.20638606

>>20638595
cont. - to expand on this, the bible is almost entirely irrelevant to the experience of beig Christian and anyone raised in the religion will tell you that, for the most part the nice bits are picked out for sermons on faith, love, charity etc. The bits about murder, child rape and saves get left out, as do the bits about not shagging around. all anyone takes from these thigns is have faith and help the community, if you're struggling that's what you're missing.
The LARPers will disagree of course, but their insencerity is plain to see.

>> No.20639533
File: 838 KB, 712x940, 1623960799791.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Screwtape Letter by C.S. Lewis

>> No.20639550
File: 198 KB, 1600x2409, 71H0Y3xiZKL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637816

>> No.20640575

>>20637816
Mere Christianity is very good at the basic points for God and who He is.
as for faith, check Daniel 9. prophecy giving the exact time of the arrival of the Messiah (check the one for israel channel's video on it, if you'd like it decently explained).
also the rest of the prophets: they prophesized the next kingdoms to oppress Israel.

>> No.20640633
File: 2.78 MB, 1600x2733, Kars conversion---.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637816
>I just need the final red pill on actually believing in the "mythological"/story aspects of it. Any book recommendations?

Pray. Ask for the gift of faith (by praying, you are already making an act of faith). It is all a matter of grace. Trust in the goodness of God.

The case for the Resurrection is much stronger than many realize. The evidence is set out concisely and well in these two books:

Green, Was Jesus Who He Said He Was? (Out of print, but inexpensive used copies are available: https://www.amazon.com/Was-Jesus-Who-He-Said/dp/0892836245))

McDowell, More than a Carpenter

If you're the scholarly type, N.T. Wright's The Resurrection of the Son of God is a much longer and more detailed development of essentially the same idea.

I think conversion stories (such as pic related) can be very helpful. They show the many different and varied ways people come to faith.

I recommend:

Spiritual Journeys, edited by Robert Baram (Out of print, but used copies are available: https://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Journeys-Robert-Baram/dp/0819868760/).). I have read many volumes of Catholic conversion stories, and if not the best, this is certainly one of the best.

Surprised by Truth series, especially the first volume. The selection of stories and quality of the writing is right up there with Spiritual Journeys.

Sheldon Vanauken, A Severe Mercy

Thomas Merton, The Seven-Storey Mountain

John C.H. Wu, Beyond East and West. I was pleased to see this book recently became available again, on Kindle, after being out of print for many decades. Wu was an interesting character -- from a poor Chinese family, he rose by dint of his brilliance to clerk for Oliver Wendell Holmes on the Supreme Court. A winsome and charming memoir.

Roy Schoeman, a Harvard Business School professor, describes his conversion experience here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeDzSfquYcs

Again, remember to pray, and to ask for God's light and guidance as you seek the gift of faith. As is written in the Epistle of James: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." In my experience, this is true. Blessings, anon.

>> No.20641520

>>20637816
Mystical Monotheism: A Study in Ancient Platonic Theology by Kenney

>> No.20641721

>>20637816
Start here:
>How can we know God exists within the framework of the modern worldview?
A Certain Faith - Pearlman
What is Physics? - Cundy
Philosophical Foundations of the Christian Worldview - Craig
Warranted Christian Belief - Plantinga

>Is the modern worldview right?
The Theological Origins of Modernity- Gillespie
Returning to Reality: Christian Platonism for Our Times - Tyson
Dialogues of Plato
The Enneads of Plotinus
Proclus: An Introduction - Chlup
Reality - de Beer

>Christian thought in the high intellectual tradition
The Experience of God - David Bentley Hart
The Beauty of the Infinite - David Bentley Hart
Interpreting Scripture in the Great Tradition - Carter
Cosmic Liturgy - Hans Urs Von Balthasar
Cosmos - Louis Bouyer
Apocalypse of Wisdom - Lemna
Unfading Light - Bulgakov
Dogmatic Theology - Lossky
The Eucharist - Schmemann
The Comic Mystery of Jesus Christ - Maximus the Confessor
Scripture & Metaphysics - Levering

>> No.20642043

>>20641721
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2005/04/17/response-to-fr-kimel/ - about Catholicism in general
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2006/03/08/spit-spat/ - Platonism of Augustine
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2006/03/10/the-bickersons/ - more about Augustine
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2007/08/25/an-apologetic-two-fer/ - Protestants do not oppose filioque even though it is an unbiblical doctrine
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/heres-a-dot/ - Arianism and Platonism
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/two-sides-same-coin/ - Latin theology is based on Platonism
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2007/12/03/killing-your-father/ - Protestants are the heirs of Catholic theology
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/the-naked-book/ - why Protestants don't really adhere to Sola Scriptura
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/03/08/anglicans-in-exile/ - about Anglicanism
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/no-gospel-for-augustine/ - Sola Fide and Sola Gratia
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/the-nub/ - about the Trinitarian theology of Catholicism
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/an-imposition/ - (non)obligatory acceptance of filioque from the point of view of the Vatican
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/hes-got-issues/ - response to Lutherans
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/episcopacy-and-the-reformation/ - about episcopacy
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/picking-cherries/ - Iconoclasm in the West and Christianity of the Franks
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/athanasius-contra-ecclesiam/ - Calvinism and Anglicanism
https://energeticprocession.wordpress.com/2022/01/20/attack-of-the-lutheran-polemicists/

>> No.20642130

>>20637899
Reminder this is what the average western """christian""" believes in 2022 next time you try to say atheism hasn't won in th west

>> No.20642327

>>20642130
No, that is very far from what the average Christian believes in 2022. The remarks in >>20637899 are from the perspective of either an *extremely* liberal Christian or a troll.

>> No.20642401

>>20642130
I don’t know a single Christian like that in real life. They believe in miracles, demons, young earth, etc.

>> No.20642410

>>20642401
I don't know one single christian (though they're pretty much all European) that believe in the young earth theory or anything of the such.
One of my best friends has just been ordained as a Catholic priest and it's very clear that they don't actively reject science in the same way American christians do.

>> No.20642418

>>20642410
The Neo-Darwinian synthesis and the speculations about the age of the earth are far from ‘scientific’. It relies on philosophical assumptions that undergird the whole method and aren’t according to what Scripture tells us. Anyone who believes them is operating on a covertly naturalistic / atheistic paradigm

>> No.20642519

>>20642418
It is not as clear-cut as you make it seem.
Here, within the Catholic Church (at least it's believers and priests, not necessarily its doctrine), the OT is mostly seen as allegorical, so "naturalistic" interpretations of the world don't contradict the Church's teachings.
A good question to ponder is where the line between allegorical and real is drawn, and there doesn't seem to be a good answer for that. Most believers seem to agree that Genesis is allegorical, but the same is not true for Exodus.

>> No.20643541

>>20642519
Rendering the portions of Scripture one doesn’t understand or want to believe because of modern scientism as ‘just allegory’ is an arbitrary hermeneutic not based on anything that Scripture is telling us. People are right to point out that Scripture is multi-layered and that along with literalistic interpretation there is rich symbolism and mystical meaning. This said, numerous saints and authorities from the past have repeated the fact that Genesis’ creation account is indeed actual history, at least in its key details. One can of course appeal to Origen or cherry pick from the Fathers, but that is not how a consensus patrum is built.

>> No.20643558

Just be atheist you can still get the good stuff from the religion without pretending you believe in made up nonsense. Listen to Bach's cantatas, visit cathedrals, enjoy the religious-themed paintings. That way you get all the benefit from religion without forcing yourself to conform to cuck shit like turning the other cheek and loving your enemies.

>> No.20643563

>>20637816
>I already believe the moral system
Christianity is proto-communism with its slave morality.

>> No.20644125

>>20642043
Those guys are the equivalent of the Dimond brothers for Orthodox, just so you know.

>> No.20644172
File: 154 KB, 1059x785, 1654027841515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20642519
>Here, within the Catholic Church (at least it's believers and priests, not necessarily its doctrine), the OT is mostly seen as allegorical

>> No.20645692

>>20643563
Based

>> No.20646301

>>20637816
Yes, Mere Christianity is a good start. It’s by CS Lewis.

>> No.20646701

>>20646301
Good pick

>> No.20646702 [DELETED] 
File: 484 KB, 1280x1280, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everything I have on ethnic religions

MEGA Library Link:
https://mega.nz/folder/XyQSSQgC#9cH7q8X0qOwfTD8Ww_PcYw

Why reject the abrahamic poison and return to your ancestral roots: https://imgur.com/a/IMh7ABd

What are the Gods? Answers from the ancients: https://imgur.com/a/J5T5y1o

Our religions are not dead: https://imgur.com/a/lsnf7Km

IE ethnic religions virtues: https://imgur.com/a/6gJWYzp

Guide to household rituals:
https://imgur.com/a/WtZHuAY
Guide to animal sacrifice rituals:
https://imgur.com/a/8yDbg5M
Platonic Cosmology:
https://imgur.com/a/Xbg4uIp

Suggested reads for beginners:
Sallust - On The Gods and The World https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Sallust_On_the_Gods_and_the_World
Collin Cleary - Summoning The Gods https://it.eu1lib.vip/book/2765523/b27f34
Hellenismos https://it.eu1lib.vip/book/5947858/ba9266

Misc:
The Christians and the Romans saw them:
https://it.eu1lib.vip/book/2782716/e79b1d
A companion to Greek Religion: https://it.eu1lib.vip/book/735139/c2a194

THE GODS CAN AND WILL LISTEN TO YOUR PRAYERS, THEY ARE NOT ARCHETYPICAL CONSTRUCTS:
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/no-punishment-rgs-girls-prayed-athena-statue-school-144946649.html?guccounter=1 Girls who prayed to Athena are saved by the Goddess
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/suppressed-by-missionaries-and-then-the-ussr-the-rituals-songs-and-symbols-of-paganism-are-making-a-comeback-deep-in-the-baltic-states-skdrbt5lf Romuva is making steady progress in Lithuania and arousing the anger of catholics
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/asatru-folk-assembly AFA, the largest Norse polytheism organization in the US bought a fourth church and converted it to a temple to the Gods
https://wildhunt.org/2017/04/greek-paganism-legally-recognized-as-known-religion-in-greece.html Hellenism is recognized by the Greek government

Youtube channels:
Fortress of Lugh
https://youtu.be/n7MTkHQt9Lg
Survive The Jive
https://youtu.be/IQFhSP60gWw
The Histocrat
https://youtu.be/hi4VFbf8LI0

>> No.20646712
File: 37 KB, 334x499, 51yTaXD4m9L._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20637816

This one.

Genesis, Creation, and Early Man, by Fr. Seraphim Rose.

You'll be able to find a PDF on Zlibrary.

>> No.20646716

>>20642519

Perfect argument against Roman Catholicism, for anyone that wants to believe in a religion that is actually believed, rather than re-interpreted to fit the fashions of the age.

>> No.20646721

>>20644125

Nah, the Dimond brothers are fully schizo - the "orthobro presup gang" are just academics and academic wannabes without spiritual lives.

>> No.20646727

>>20646721
You can actually see Jay "Theologians smoked a LOT of weed" Dyer in the comments of some of those posts

>> No.20646791

>>20638436
Mere Christianity