[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 113 KB, 1000x536, socrates-filosofia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21558298 No.21558298 [Reply] [Original]

You don't really need to write a book Edition.
previous >>21549808

>> No.21558314

they are making a raymond chandler book into a movie, looks kino. get ready for noir kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaZnsc5XfrA

>> No.21558315

>> No.21558354

>> No.21558368

>>21558298
Socrates is like half Žižek, half Kaczynski

>> No.21558371

>>21558314
> /lit/ - Television & Film

>> No.21558383

>>21558368
Uh... Meds?

>> No.21558386
File: 1.92 MB, 742x886, carrots.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any books about frontier living and homesteading? Not techniques and methods to sustain a family, I already have those, but the trials, tribulations and the stories of families who have done so, both historical and modern?

picrel, my first time growing a test bed of carrots

>> No.21558399

>>21558386
Those carrots look anemic af

>> No.21558409
File: 1.74 MB, 747x954, ratt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558399
Learning process, hence why you do small test beds to figure out what went wrong. With these I used a heavy, dense clay like soil that is not at all ideal for them. I thought i had broken it up enough and added enough organic matter, I was wrong. Fixing bad soil is arguably one of the most difficult things to do on a homestead without poisoning yourself or your future prospects. Picrel is a ratatouille I made with homegrown veggies that I've been growing for a while.

>> No.21558415
File: 131 KB, 1024x777, 1540758367210.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel as if everything wants to destroy me. All the people, all the objects... I was taking a shower and it seemed like all the particles of water were corroding my body. Even my mind, telling me to off myself, and my body, trying to shut down. When people are nice to me I cannot help but wonder what escuse reason they have behind that pitiful show of benevolence. I just want to get out of reality, but there's no way. If I die there's a chance I'll comeback again and again. As far as afterlives go, the best case scenario is the existence of hell - cause there at least I'll know the reason of my suffering.

>> No.21558427

>>21558383
Nope. Engage with the statement or shut up.

>> No.21558436

>>21558409
>>21558386
Absolutely based anon. I always had a mind to live on a homestead but health issues means it can never happen, so it's nice to see someone else doing it.

>> No.21558440

>>21558427
I know little about Žižek so I cannot directly argue against that point, but how do Socrates and Kaczynski intersect? Kaczynski's works have little in the way of philosophy.

>> No.21558465
File: 128 KB, 728x544, live.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558436
Thanks, it is not that hard if I'm honest. If you enjoy the lifestyle it becomes worthwhile. Had I the ability I would acquire more land and grow on a commercial scale. Currently I'm ruminating on the idea of selling herbs to local restaurants or local markets. I have a set up that allows me to easily grow vast amounts of basil for pennies. It is one of the most expensive herbs out there.

Depending on what your health issues air, mobility for example, I could easily whip up some raised beds and a means for you to tend them without issue. Where you local, all I'd ask is a sample of your first harvest you put in.

>> No.21558469
File: 1.66 MB, 659x927, basil crop.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558465
muh basl

>> No.21558485

>>21558298
I like pretty things. Imagine an orc cradling a flower in it's meaty paw.

>> No.21558492

>>21558409
well done anon!

>> No.21558498

>>21558440
Kaczynski: Both one of smartest people in their society and homeless.
Žižek: Both comedic social gadflies

>> No.21558499

>>21558469
I'm jealous. I have a hard time growing anything. My basil always dies and I don't know why.

>> No.21558510
File: 1.27 MB, 668x765, morebasil.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558499
It is a thirsty plant and very sensitive to cold weather.

>> No.21558618

>>21558498
Okay, I see your point and that's pretty funny. I just thought you meant with respect to their philosophies.

>> No.21558624

>>21558469
What state do you live in? Looks like a southeastern US thing to me.

>> No.21558629

>>21558510
>hand
a girl?

>> No.21558633
File: 97 KB, 1200x900, Mosley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558624
Correct.

>>21558629
Wife.

>> No.21558749

I'll tell you what's on my mind: We should learn Toki-Pona.

>> No.21558788 [DELETED] 

>>21558633
you gotta get into maple syrup dude. it's easy sell, easy to store, and kids enjoy it.

>> No.21558825

>>21558749
If you're going to learn a fake language, why not esperanto?

>> No.21558840

>>21558298
Just saw a Casca rape chapter. I've never read Berserk. Fuck, why did I do that? I can't get the images out of my head. I keep thinking of my ex now. Best manga ever, huh? More like fucking cuckold shit.

>> No.21558869

I liked the style of drawing one anime, it's 2010 and looks like it looks better than many modern shows, I have vague thoughts about this, this is an anime adaptation of a visual novel about the incest of a blood sister and brother.

>> No.21558881

Writing is the best and most productive hobby you can have. Being able to effectively get your message across and convince people of your ideas CHEAPLY is as powerful as you can get just using the internet and a computer.

>> No.21558882

>>21558840
You are a damnfag, read Reverend Insanity instead of that cuckold/white knight garbage.

>> No.21558934

A thread 1-2 days ago talked about "Why don't normies do philosophy?" and the answer was "They don't need to". It got me thinking:

I was a normal guy until I became really, really sick. After that point, I lost my faith in society's values because they no longer applied to me or helped. But religion wouldn't work either. So I had recourse to nothing except philosophy. I needed some advice that was truly universal -- that genuinely applied to everyone.

When I discovered Schopenhauer and Nietzsche it was a really big deal to me. But I feel that each of them has problems. For one, Schopenhauer doesn't feel universal, even though he aspired to be. The truth is that some people really are happy with life, it's fulfilling, so to them Schopenhauer's words will ring hollow and they would be correct to disregard him. And Nietzsche's entire philosophy is unfinished, and he has no real counter to Schopenhauer's pessimism: Isn't a world where most people are doomed to suffer bad? Who wants to live in such a world? We can't all sit on the tyrant's throne, nor should we want to.

There are only a few ideas I've come across that are truly universal. They're mostly aphorisms, or concepts like the Yin-yang. It's this lack of universal truth that creates so many wandering souls. I'm not looking for a Cartesian framework for the universe - I simply want to know what is true for everyone on earth, something to guide us when all other systems fail.

>> No.21558949

>>21558498
Socrates wasn't homeless. He also had a wife and kids.

>> No.21558999

>>21558409
That looks tasty as hell. I started salivating. If it's half as tasty as it looks then you had a nice dinner Anon.

>> No.21559032

>>21558386
My Antonia by Willa Cather

>> No.21559043

>>21558510
You look like a sturdy gal

>> No.21559048

>>21558934
>It's this lack of universal truth that creates so many wandering souls. I'm not looking for a Cartesian framework for the universe - I simply want to know what is true for everyone on earth, something to guide us when all other systems fail.
Read Kirkegaard. You're in the ethical stage right now

>> No.21559060

>>21558298
Why does it seem like Plato and the greeks in general never take into question conflict in the world? animals eating each other, wars, conflicting gods, etc.

>> No.21559097

>>21559048
I read Fear and Trembling briefly and I honestly didn't understand his message, but I haven't read the bible either so perhaps it's why

>> No.21559099

Do any other boomers remember when the internet was friendlier? That feeling of warmth and community is totally gone now...

>> No.21559114

>>21559099
>he can't handle the bantz
get the fuck out of here, faggot

>> No.21559178

>>21559097
Nah, you dont need the bible to get kirkegaard. Just do some background research on him for the foundation. Maybe read a secondary source.

>> No.21559192

>>21559099
I love you :)

>> No.21559214

Hey you fucking nerds. Go watch some sports. Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills are playing.

>> No.21559215

AI, neurology, and human apathy has unironically convinced me humanity is doomed and there's no real hope or point to anything.

>> No.21559224

>>21559152
>>21559160
>>21559164

>> No.21559229

>>21559214
That's incredibly boring to me.

>> No.21559244

30 days after I made the wish, I promised myself I wouldn't freak out and tried again. I focused, cleared my mind and whispered the phrase I somhow knew would make him appear again.

I want you to be there.

I opened my eyes, and I found myself looking back at myself, lying comfortably on the side of the bed, looking at me like a cat would look at a rat. His eyes held a playful glint that I didn't know I had. Was it my resting face? Did I have a resting sly bitch face? Why was he looking at me so intently? Why was I staring? Goosebumps started to rise on my arms. Don't freak out. Don't freak out.
"I guess it did work. I was waiting for you." I—or he, said. I knew he meant to say that he was watching me from the beyond, but decided to be polite. Same brain. "What happens now?" I asked.
"Now, we establish rules and our means of exchange. Things you want, things you don't want, things you think you want but don't actually want, that kind of things. I'll give you stuff, and you'll be gving me stuff," he huffed, looking around. "Same bedroom. But it's inverted. My bed is next to the opposite wall. Funny. I don't really know much more than you on the subject, but we'll be learning together. Let's start?"
I nod, unsettled by his apparent confidence. I didn't usually speak like that unless I mastered my subject, did I? "Alright, what do you want?"
He got up and looked at the black of my eyes, "I want our ex back." I expected that. I was already guessing before he began to speak. I thought there might've been a path forward, so I smiled "Sure. And I want to be promoted."
Silence.
He smiled back, "Deal."
Well, there's nothing wrong with signing a contract with your dead young self, is there?

>> No.21559246

Nothing can survive without food. Everything we consume acts either to heal us or to poison us. We tend to think of nourishment only as what we take in through our mouths, but what we consume with our eyes, our ears, our noses, our tongues, and our bodies is also food. The conversations going on around us, and those we participate in, are also food. Are we consuming and creating the kind of food that is healthy for us and helps us grow?

When we say something that nourishes us and uplifts the people around us, we are feeding love and compassion. When we speak and act in a way that causes tension and anger, we are nourishing violence and suffering.

We often ingest toxic communication from those around us and from what we watch and read. Are we ingesting things that grow our understanding and compassion? If so, that’s good food. Often, we ingest communication that makes us feel bad or insecure about ourselves or judgmental and superior to others. We can think about our communication in terms of nourishment and consumption. The Internet is an item of consumption, full of nutrients that are both healing and toxic. It’s so easy to ingest a lot in just a few minutes online. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use the Internet, but you should be conscious of what you are reading and watching.

When you work with your computer for three or four hours, you are totally lost. It’s like eating french fries. You shouldn’t eat french fries all day, and you shouldn’t be on the computer all day. A few french fries, a few hours, are probably all most of us need.
What you read and write can help you heal, so be thoughtful about what you consume. When you type a comment that is full of understanding and compassion, you are nourishing yourself during the time you write that message. Even if it’s short, everything you’re writing down can nourish you and the person to whom you are writing.

>> No.21559251

>>21559246
How can you tell what communication is healthy and what is toxic? The energy of mindfulness is a necessary ingredient in healthy communication. Mindfulness requires letting go of judgment, returning to an awareness of the breath and the body, and bringing your full attention to what is in you and around you. This helps you notice whether the thought you just produced is healthy or unhealthy, compassionate or unkind.

Conversation is a source of nourishment. We all get lonely and want to talk with someone. But when you have a conversation with another person, what that person says may be full of toxins, like hate, anger, and frustration. When you listen to what others say, you’re consuming those toxins. You’re bringing toxins into your consciousness and your body. That’s why mindfulness of speaking and mindfulness of listening are very important.

Toxic conversation can be difficult to avoid, especially at work. If it is going on around you, be aware. You need to have enough mindful awareness not to absorb these kinds of suffering. You have to protect yourself with the energy of compassion so that when you listen, instead of consuming toxins, you’re actively producing more compassion in yourself. When you listen in this way, compassion protects you and the other person suffers less.

You absorb the thoughts, speech, and actions you produce and those contained in the communications of those around you. That is a form of consumption. So when you read something, when you listen to someone, you should be careful not to allow the toxins to ruin your health and bring suffering to you and to the other person or group of people.

The Buddha used the graphic image of a cow that has a skin disease. The cow is attacked by all kinds of insects and microorganisms coming from the soil, coming from the trees, coming from the water. Without skin, a cow can’t protect herself. Mindfulness is our skin. Without mindfulness, we may take in things that are toxic to our body and mind.

>> No.21559258

The human mind is like a fertile ground where seeds are continually being planted. The seeds are opinions, ideas, and concepts. You plant a seed, a thought, and it grows. The word is like a seed, and the human mind is so fertile!

The only problem is that too often it is fertile for the seeds of fear. Every human mind is fertile, but only for those kinds of seeds it is prepared for. What is important is to see which kind of seeds our mind is fertile for, and to prepare it to receive the seeds of love.

Take the example of Hitler: He sent out all those seeds of fear, and they grew very strong and beautifully achieved massive destruction. Seeing the awesome power of the word, we must understand what power comes out of our mouths. One fear or doubt planted in our mind can create an endless drama of events. One word is like a spell, and humans use the word like black magicians, thoughtlessly putting spells on each other.

Being impeccable with your word is not using the word against yourself. If I see you in the street and I call you stupid, it appears that I’m using the word against you. But really I’m using my word against myself, because you’re going to hate me for this, and your hating me is not good for me. Therefore, if I get angry and with my word send all that emotional poison to you, I’m using the word against myself.

If I love myself I will express that love in my interactions with you, and then I am being impeccable with the word, because that action will produce a like reaction. If I love you, then you will love me. If I insult you, you will insult me. If I have gratitude for you, you will have gratitude for me. If I’m selfish with you, you will be selfish with me. If I use the word to put a spell on you, you are going to put a spell on me.

Looking at everyday human interactions, imagine how many times we cast spells on each other with our word. Over time this interaction has become the worst form of black magic, and we call it gossip.

>> No.21559266

>>21559258
Gossip is black magic at its very worst because it is pure poison. We learned how to gossip by agreement. When we were children, we heard the adults around us gossiping all the time, openly giving their opinions about other people. They even had opinions about people they didn’t know. Emotional poison was transferred along with the opinions, and we learned this as the normal way to communicate.

Gossiping has become the main form of communication in human society. It has become the way we feel close to each other, because it makes us feel better to see someone else feel as badly as we do. There is an old expression that says, “Misery likes company,” and people who are suffering in hell don’t want to be all alone. Fear and suffering are an important part of the dream of the planet; they are how the dream of the planet keeps us down.

Using the analogy of the human mind as a computer, gossip can be compared to a computer virus. A computer virus is a piece of computer language written in the same language all the other codes are written in, but with a harmful intent. This code is inserted into the program of your computer when you least expect it and most of the time without your awareness. After this code has been introduced, your computer doesn’t work quite right, or it doesn’t function at all because the codes get so mixed up with so many conflicting messages that it stops producing good results.

Imagine that every single time others gossip to you, they insert a computer virus into your mind, causing you to think a little less clearly every time. Then imagine that in an effort to clean up your own confusion and get some relief from the poison, you gossip and spread these viruses to someone else.

Now imagine this pattern going on in a never-ending chain between all the humans on earth. The result is a world full of humans who can only read information through circuits that are clogged with a poisonous, contagious virus.

>> No.21559295

What's the difference between calculus and analysis?

>> No.21559314

I’ve been thinking about graduate school to become a professor. Normally, I would advise anyone to not pursue professorship, but I’ve already spent the last 4 years working in universities.

>> No.21559324

>>21559314
Then again, these 4 years have made me lose all faith in the current state of higher education.

>> No.21559329

>>21559314
>>21559324
But if you get some college age girl's poon it seems worth the 50k debt you incur.

>> No.21559345
File: 51 KB, 604x340, WAT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558314
>1:42-1:45

>> No.21559355

>>21558934
There are lots of things that genuinely apply to everyone, but since they seem so hard for you to find, maybe you are actually looking for something else...

>> No.21559382

>>21559099
good times, still wonder why nobody wanted to fight for it. Maybe current shit fire hose of brainwashing rubbish is what we deserve

>> No.21559468

Horrible day. The darkness of winter has consumed me.

>> No.21559493

I cheated on my gf with a beautiful albanian girl. I remember her frail waist, her gentle face and she was light as a feather. She asked me if I had a gf and I said no.

>> No.21559504

>chatting up hoe from hookup app
>we are exclusively meting for sex
>she asks for my phone
>I tell her we should just keep talking through the app until we meet up tonight
>unmatches me
For fucks sake, I thought an app focused on casual sex would have less retardation. What the fuck is wrong with these hoes? Another one did the same after I didn’t give her my insta. Who the fuck gives their contact info to a stranger they’re meeting for sex? It’s not like she was coming to my house or something like that, we would meet at a very public place and chat a bit before anything.
This is the fault of desperate men. Some fuckers would give their bank account to any woman around for a chance at getting pussy. Now they think they’re the only ones that have the right to care about their safety and privacy.

>> No.21559510

>>21559355
>There are lots of things that genuinely apply to everyone
Like what? We must all drink and that? In some ways, yeah. But what I'm talking about comes after biology. Should a belief system still apply to the sick and weak? I think it should.The problem we run into is that very little thought accomodates everyone. Healthy people generally don't write of substance about the world, their writing is a vector for personal gain IRL (see: academics). But when a sick person falls outside the world, and requires motivation to rejoin it, he tries to understand it. The problem is that when seen from the outside, the world honestly looks like shit.

But that's the problem. What -is- the outside? Maybe Schopenhauer only appeals to me because I am at the bottom, if I were a healthy man he might appear daft. So we are back at square one: There are sick philosophies (for guys like me), and healthy ones for healthy people. Can there be a system for both, where the sick and healthy both recognize its validity? Maybe all it comes down to: There are philosophies of life denial, and those of life embrasure -- neither is correct, but neither is wrong. The healthy side has no answer for the sick -- and the sick side has no answer for the healthy. Perhaps that's just how it is.

>> No.21559529
File: 1.61 MB, 320x180, totally_just_laughing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really can't take it. It's too easy to find erotic imagery online for my weak will.

>> No.21559571

I'm unhappy with the low libido I got since I started taking an SSRI. I think I'll start asking to reduce the dose until I don't have to take it anymore

>> No.21559609

>>21558298
I hate myself for having limerence… again!

>> No.21559617

It's a special kind of agony, that basket of emotions you feel when you're just waiting for bad news of a character you suspect but can't ascertain for certain. It could come at any minute, and the days pass by, but it will certainly come. Anxiety, fear, anger, trepidation and so much more. Such utter madness it drives even the most reasonable to insanity. Perhaps the silence is the news. It is a more exceptional kind of suffering where you are given your answer, a conclusion being made and you will never know the why or how. Or is this just doubt over the ambiguity of it all? Maybe it all isn't so certain after all. Please, one way or another, put me out of my misery...

>> No.21559626

>>21559571
My libido has basically evaporated since turning 26. I'm not on any meds, I go to the gym regularly, I eat clean etc. I had my T levels checked as part of bloodwork not long ago and it was normal. Is this just age? I don't feel that old, but I guess I'm not an adolescent anymore either.

>> No.21559639

>>21559626
just wait a bit. When you hit 30, something clicks in your head and your desire to breed a child explodes and suddenly your dick gets hard all day long again.

>> No.21559645
File: 202 KB, 1344x576, LusptB2STjCXb9yFE9Pp--3--gzds9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21558298
Nihilists masquerading as moralists. Moralists masquerading as nihilists

>> No.21559706

>>21559645
To elaborate:
How does one decide what is moral or immoral existing as we do in such a cynical age? One where words like disinformation are as common as the air we breath.
And where the powerful bend the world towards their own cynical aims.
Yet I remain flaccid unable to find the moral language to condemn the hyper-cynicism of today's actors having no foundation to criticize anyone, undermining myself, and all too aware of the hypocrisy of even attempting.
Who are the good guys, when everywhere people use moral language as the pretext towards attaining and furthering their own material interests.
When I help my nation's government am I acting morally? Would hurting my nation be more moral? ...maybe, maybe not. Does it even matter?
If I were born in the British empire would I believe my empire to be morally good?
Or is the very desire to be moral, to resist mere self-interest, not itself only motivated by the selfish idea of imagining future historians lauding me for going against the current? Basically moralism itself motivated by a narcistic desire to be better than the average person.
I wish I could quiet my questioning brain, obtain some clarity. Devote myself to something larger than myself without having the itching, gnawing skepticism which holds me back.
I was raised as a devout Catholic, and have always maintained within myself a kind of endlessly criticizing moralism, yet as I've grown up I've abandoned that faith grown past it, but find myself oscillating between nihilism and moralism.
Nothing matters. ... the next day ... Everything matters, we must do more, do better, we must hold people to account, (even though I no longer know what "better" is anymore)

>> No.21559807

>huh, fucking around with 30+ women should be easy since I look much better than them or the men they’ve access to
>they have a delusional ego, are more insane and more tiresome than girls my age
Amazing

>> No.21559921

I am constantly hungry. I'm starting to get desperate. I don't know what to do.

>> No.21559924

>>21559921
eat retard

>> No.21559950

>>21559924
fuck off

>> No.21559972

>>21559504
Just buy a burner phone or a prepaid sim card. It isn't that difficult. I'm not even paranoid and it'd be the first thing I would think about if I wanted to separate my normal life from other activities. That and using my middle name instead of my first name. And creating a second snapchat or insta account to fuck with stalkers.

>> No.21559977

if only

>> No.21560041

>>21559807
You are what you attract.

>> No.21560052

>ywn be a literature major in a East German or Soviet university
Why even live

>> No.21560058

someone in san francisco is taking ubers with my card

>> No.21560070

I made spaghetti. And the best sauce is still classico

>> No.21560086

I'm going to confess my feelings to a woman tomorrow and I'm certain she likes me back. I'm still more afraid than I have ever been in my life. Wish me luck bros.

>> No.21560090

>>21559972
>Just buy a burner phone or a prepaid sim card.
I’m new to the coomer lifestyle, but I guess anyone looking at it longterm should do something like that. Anyway, my astonishment is less about me not being willing to give them my contact and more about why would they want some anonymous sex guy being their friend on instagram. For all they know I could be some crazy meth head and there they are showing me pictures of their grandmas and shit. Then again, if there’s one thing this month on the apps taught me is that most of these women are dumb as hell.

>> No.21560101

I am a 35 year old man and really want to fuck an 18 year old one more time.

Thailand, Mexico, or Romania?

>> No.21560123

>>21558298
Alright here's a funny joke. Imagine being a fucking idiot, imagine leaving not one, not two nor three, but four women you loved to get your life ordered, imagine sorting through instagram at 2AM and looking at the pictures of all the people you've loved in your life being happy with people that aren't you. The funny part is that you probably don't have to imagine this shit if you're as retarded as I am. The second funny part is that I brought it upon myself. I don't even understand how an ugly idiot like me even managed to love and get loved back by four immensely hot girls.

I'm a crazy motherfucker. There is nothing goofy about me, nothing cute, nothing nothing. If I ever get happy with a girl, it's only a matter of time till I explode and do some crazy idiotic shit that makes sense to me on the moment but doesn't stand straight on any logical reasoning table. And it's going to get worse. I can feel it. A week ago I received the results for my PSA testing and I was clean. I just stared at the paper, not quite understanding that I was going to live with my mistakes and my regrets way longer than I thought I would.
No one is close to me. No one can ever be. You want to know how I feel? You want me to talk about my family, my problems, my person? How about I tell everything on a fucking anonymous board and nothing to you because at least fucking anonymous people won't gossip and use my weaknesses against me?

How about I drop every psychological limiters I have and just tell you that I constantly think about killing myself, that I constantly talk alone because I haven't held a sincere conversation with another human being for a year now. That I am constantly holding 90% of my thoughts because if even only 10% more got out, people's perceptions of me would radically change?

Fuck that all. How about I don't tell you shit and crack jokes at how you're a cookie crisp looking ass to make you laugh, because that's all you're going to get from me.

>> No.21560129

I am in touch with myself and this only grows

>> No.21560333

Do you guys believe that the music one listens to has a noticable impact on his thoughts, emotions, and behaviour?

>> No.21560369

>>21560333
I believe it’s the inverse. People come up with all these theories about how such and such music makes you act like this or that when in truth people go after things that relate to who they are.

>> No.21560396

>>21558298
still alone.

still coming home from working all day, alone, to my shitty basement suite.

still going on countless first dates, that all lead nowhere.

still wondering what's wrong with me.

still alone.

i'm getting so sick of it. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I don't understand why this seems to come so easily for everybody else.

I know i shouldn't let this get to me, but it does. It really does. On paper i should be able to find someone, i'm not an asshole, i'm attractive, i'm very passionate about what i love and i have interesting hobbies. And yet... i'm still alone.

i'm getting demoralized and i just want this to end. I don't even have anyone to vent to buy anonymous strangers on the internet.

has anyone else felt this way? What can i do? how can i change things? this cannot go on for much longer. i'm going to end up putting a fucking bullet in my brain if i can't change something

>> No.21560404

>>21558415
my fren, you are trapped in negative thought. When people are nice to you, they are being genuine. Please, talk to somebody about what you're feeling, or talk to a therapist or something.

Stay here, seek solutions to the problems you're facing. It won't be easy. You will have to be brave, and to do things that scare you, and that you do not want to do. But there is a way out (and it's NOT suicide)

>> No.21560408

>>21558469
based. based. based. basil is based.

I have fond memories of my mother's basil garden, she would make huge batches of pesto and freeze them for the rest of the year. Keep on gardening fren

>> No.21560426

The feeling of having screwed up too badly too many times to want to continue.

>> No.21560437

>>21558934
>something to guide us when all other systems fail.

There is nothing.

We live in a universe that is indifferent to us, and our lives. The only fundamental truth there is, is psychical laws.

We create elaborate philosophies and religions, trying to delude and distract ourselves from the unfeeling cold universe. But at the end of the day, that's all there is.

But even if that is true, that does not mean we should be immoral, that does not mean our lives are meaningless. We are blessed enough to get to experience life, and we share this experience with billions of others. Even though there is no greater cosmic law or God to enforce morality upon us, it is still right to treat others well. Dostoevsky understands this, (even though he would disagree with my proposition that there is no God or greater moral order).

There is nothing universal, there is no greater moral law, there is no God. But we should still treat eachother morally nonetheless. The alternative is simply terrible.

>> No.21560447

>>21559244
anon what the fuck is going on, speak english

>> No.21560464

>>21560041
I dont attract anyone. Do I even exist?

>> No.21560465

>>21559251
>>21559246
i don't have anything productive to add, but good post anons

>> No.21560467

>>21560333
>>21560369
It's both.

>> No.21560476

>>21559493
why anon? do you regret it?

>> No.21560480

>>21560086
wishing you luck bro. Wish i had the balls you have. don't fuck it up

>> No.21560493

I think I should join the army

>> No.21560515
File: 78 KB, 720x664, IMG_20230122_190123_839.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21560612

I'm super procrastinating right now

>> No.21560641

>>21560476
I fall in love with every simple, beautiful checkout girl I see. I stay with my gf, love her, provide everything she could want, never mistreat her, but I also love every beautiful woman in the world. It's unforgivable, but I have no regret for it

>> No.21560691

I’m really unhappy with how my life’s gone, my embarrassing failures, the decisions I’ve made. Things have worked out for me only in an ironic sort of way.

>> No.21560713

I am very paranoid that glowies are reading my posts and surveying my every move so they can ruin my life for their own profits

>> No.21560757

In episode 114 of Black Clover the outro gag said that we the viewers should think about the liar's paradox. I'm going to dedicate my life to this puzzle.

>> No.21560796

>>21560713
Glowies won't do shit unless you say something unfortunate, or if they're monitoring you in realspace, if you do something that flags their system.

>> No.21560803

>>21560796
Can you give an example of "something unfortunate"?

>> No.21560862

>>21559295
Calculus tends to have more thought experiment type proofs or proofs that aren't super rigorous on the math side of things, meanwhile analysis is extremely rigorous in terms of its prrofs. This has to donwith analysis being discovered in the 1800s in reaponse to Cantor's Theorem and other mentally perplexing results to solidify the foundations of mathematics.

>> No.21560885

>>21558298
I need to quit coffee it fucks with my mood, makes it hard for me to sleep, but thats also why I love it the way it makes simaltaneously smarter & more unhinged

>> No.21560923

>>21559295

Basically what the other guy said, I just felt like giving it my own take:

Both words refer to the same basic thing, the branch of math that looks at continuous rates of change, working with things called integrals and derivatives. They two words are just used in slightly different contexts.

When you learn the stuff in school for the first time, it's usually called "calculus". Learning formulas and applying formulas to get specific results, together with some arguments for why it makes "physical" or geometric sense. You might be taught a proof or two, but the focus of such a class is to drill in established results and how to correctly do calculations with this stuff, and how it can be useful. If you study math in more depth, to the point of majoring or minoring in it in college, you will start to hear about "analysis". In math, the word "analysis" has a specific meaning, apart from its general sense. Again, it really just refers to looking at continuous things and using derivatives and integrals to model them, but is much more rigorous. Mathematical "analysis" is one of the major branches of math, and is distinguished from things like algebra and topology. A mathematician who specializes in one of these broad subjects might be called an analyst, an algebraist, or a topologist.

In short, analysis is "harder" because it's more rigorous. Calculus is learning formulas that actually work. When you learn calculus for the first time, you use what are called the "elementary" functions, so named because it turns out that they are remarkably "friendly" and easy to do calculus with. Apart from these there are also various "special" and "pathological" functions, objects of study in (mathematical) analysis.

>> No.21560990
File: 80 KB, 422x600, 1659560253489484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just had the most annoying fucking dream of my life. All it was was me continually "waking up" in the dream only it was about 2 hours ahead of the actual time. So then I'd wake up for real and if in the dream it was 2 it would be 12 then if it was 7 it would be 5 etc etc it was so fucking frustrating and now I'm not sure what the actual time it

>> No.21561010

>>21560803
No.

>> No.21561125

>>21558298
Americans are to Europe what Rome was to Greece. I can't imagine this is a particularly novel statement, but it just hit me when I was reading The Roman Way and she described the Romans' love of big things, hatred for deep thought, and glorification of violence.
>>21559807
>have a delusional ego, are more insane and more tiresome than girls my age
On top of the general tendency for tolerable people to be courted before they reach their 30's, women in particular tend to become more entitled as they get older because they become closer to what they desire in men.

>> No.21561127

Another day in hell. Can’t take this.

>> No.21561143
File: 98 KB, 680x1000, EnVFjuWWEAcSh4P.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Moldbug's newest child is born.

Meanwhile, I seem to be infertile. I suspect I have a cyst or a tumor and will require surgery. I wonder if I will be okay? I can't imagine living without a biological child of my own.

>> No.21561152

>>21560803
Just don't make terrorist threats.

>> No.21561163

>>21561143
just keep fuckin bro
just keep fuckin

>> No.21561169

>>21561163
It's been over two years. I'm pretty sure my uterus is full of spiders or something.

>> No.21561179

Masturbation is the perfect metaphor for the streamlining of modern society. By isolating the primary cause of sexual gratification, and using only the bare minimum to achieve it, you're left with an experience so drastically different from the original experience as to feel almost mechanical and shameful.

>> No.21561259

>>21561169
>"uterus"
Post a pic of something only a woman would own. Hint: Not something a tranny would buy because he thinks a woman would.

>> No.21561272
File: 43 KB, 332x500, 51DGe0uFHCL._AC_SY780_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My friend compelled me to read A Game Of Thrones and I'm kind of just soldiering through it. He said that I read too much old literature, too much hifalutin stuff. I'm a writer myself, and he said I need to read things that normal people read to get a sense of what the reading market likes.

I'm plodding forward. The most interesting parts for me are the worldbuilding, the hints of history, the flora and the fauna, the casual talk of this or that strange ancient city. The plot and the characters are engaging enough, but I'm conscious of the fact that I've read better whenever they're talking to each other.

Also I of course already know Ned dies at the end and it's pissing me off. Ned is the only character in this fucking book with an acceptable combination of morality and sanity. I can kind of feel Martin nudging me in the side every time he's proven wrong about something, too. Like old George is saying in my ear, "See? See? The middle ages were shitty!". Yes, George, I get that by now, you don't need to keep making the point over and over.

>> No.21561286

It's a strange feeling to feel nostalgic for a time you rationally had very little reason to feel nostalgic about. Perhaps what one is nostalgic about is not what happened until then, but what could have happened from that point on, the potential contained within a future that was yet to pass.

But that kind of nostalgia is one that drips with venom.

>> No.21561293

White women are so neurotic about sex these days

>> No.21561300

>>21561293
Women as a whole are sexually, emotionally, and psychologically abused by modern society, with white women suffering the worst of it. Makes me feel bad for feminists who, while right, are wrong about all causes and thus all solutions.

>> No.21561307
File: 38 KB, 439x843, 1624799221842.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21561179
Kino statement

>> No.21561338 [DELETED] 
File: 796 KB, 1080x1276, carpobaby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21561259
This is Brutus the carpobrotus. I can't get him to bloom.

>> No.21561341

>>21561169
>>21561338
Oof

>> No.21561343

>>21561179
I'd argue that's more of a feature of how base urges work. Like food, sexual gratification can either be an experience in itself, something much more than the sum of its parts, or something reduced to the absolute bare minimum. Because urges like that demand to be sated so strongly, the question is usually not whether one sates them or not, but how. Sometimes you put in the time and effort to cook a fantastic meal, share it with someone else, other times you just eat beans straight out of the can all by your lonesome so that you can get it over with as soon and with as little of an effort as possible.

>> No.21561353

fapping is LE BAD!

>> No.21561421

I think my parents are working out I know what's up and consequently freaking out. They're both shitty selfish parents at times, especially to me, but as they've gotten older, it's been clear to me they hoped I'd be the one to choose the nursing home. I'll probably be the one to choose the nursing home, but they're freaking out anyway.
I think they hoped by neglecting me they'd have an advantage where if they showed me more attention because I'm the only one left, I'd be really happy about it and extra nice to them. Apparently most kids who are neglected are thrilled to have even a breadcrumb of their love returned by their parents, so they'll work extra hard to earn love from people who aren't capable of real love.
They both keep trying to do things to make me feel loved now they're scared, but it's like the blind guys groping an elephant or incels explaining how they'd have a harem if only it weren't for those pesky chads/betas/Jews/women/communists. They really can't think about anyone but themselves so every attempt is kind of like a self portrait in narcissism.

>> No.21561480

>>21560713
the FBI have been gangstalking me since I have been using grindr and I'm terrified they'll blackmail me or tell my wife

>> No.21561487
File: 71 KB, 1294x705, 1658790682030.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep my dog all night in the lower case. He's my adverbial noun dog that's functioning as a direct object. "WHAT?" now, huh? Punk ass bitch. I'll tell you "what is" up.

>> No.21561520

>>21561480
meds

>> No.21561530

Thinking a lot about "God" from a Christian upbringing standpoint as a person who doesn't care for religion but remains mostly agnostic and somewhat optimistic (or even unsure) of what exists that we couldn't comprehend. Mostly that, if there was definitive proof of a higher being, I would willingly follow it. In fact, sometimes I yearn for the surety and, well, comfort of the religious in their "knowledge" of what they believe. A comfort to know that what we have here isn't a finality of our existence. That things don't end, or at least our concept of entropy.

I would follow a god. I would even follow /the God/ if there was more than just belief and faith. Surely, if God created me then he created me with this skeptical yet wanting mind, no? Would, if such a place exists, I not be able to speak to him in Heaven or some place? After death, of course. I wouldn't want to be a debate lord Andy or anything, but a quick "I actually exist" and then some chit-chat? But then again, what would need to be said on my part? The problem is that this is all very one-sided. Frustrating.

>> No.21561533

>>21561480
Your wife is already being blacked and your boss knows you're queer, so don't let the gmen get you down.

>> No.21561545

>>21561530
I always find these thoughts weird as a religious person. Maybe it's because the absence isn't something I feel? Why do people focus on whether God exists or not in atheist and agnostic circles? You'd still have to do essentially the same things to live a good and worthwhile life whether there's an exit interview with the big dude upstairs or not at the end. Why is always does God exist and is He nice? Skepticism seems to take a different form for atheists, and it makes me feel like God pays way less rent to live in their heads than he does with religious people.

>> No.21561790
File: 39 KB, 750x710, 1660950714223.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21559617
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.21561809

I think my friend is unconsciously trolling me. He got upset at me for briefly mentioning a shit part of my childhood because it harshed his buzz, and now he seems to be picking up interests which seem to revolve around what his understanding of my childhood trauma was from an off hand comment. It's fucking weird, because I don't think he's doing it on purpose, but I also can't help thinking it's all a bit too on the nose. Maybe it's Baader Meinhof syndrome and I'm seeing a pattern that isn't there, but I think it's some weird insecure flex from him.

>> No.21561923

nofap day 7

>> No.21562006

>>21559510
looks to me like your real problem is inability to keep two thoughts in you mind at the same time without accepting/internalizing either of them

For example some people just can't fit into their heads that Salvador Dali was a genius painter and ultra pervert. It has to be one or the other for them, a "clear" label. This way they get left without most important insights into human imagination and it's possible effects. Karma for stupidity, misfortune call it what you will.

Same for you, human nature is the only "system" and it's shared by everyone. Not some social/political/philosophical/whatever bullshit that you seem to be looking for. Just don't blame your self too much. You have been brainwashed into this without any chance to resist

>> No.21562068

>>21561809
maybe you really struck a nerve and he's trying to figure out what the fuck is up with him internally one way or another even if he doesnt understand his own motivations for being a cunt

>> No.21562078

Since the whole openAi and layoff happening I became a little bit nervous as a generic webdev

What are some decent books about AI with somewhat reasonable near future predictions

>> No.21562097

What day is today?

>> No.21562121

>>21562078
The kinds of AI that will replace you is conceptually easy and is no avenue for your future employment.

>> No.21562147

>>21558934
I can relate to this post. Luckily I'm in good health but I'm seeking the "universal truth" as well because playing my part in modern society isnt cutting it. I'm exploring Christianity again and I'm not averse to it because I was raised in the church but my exposure to secular philosophy doesnt extend past PHIL 101 Descartes level analysis. I'd like to learn more as I'm approaching middle age and am only now fighting against midwit tendencies to just waste my time.
>>21559048
I'll check him out.

>> No.21562158

I have a few things that I have to fix. All of them serve their purpose perfectly but they are a little annoying. It would take some effort or money to fix them.

Should I get them fixed or be stoic towards them?

>> No.21562166

>>21559571
If you're not working out regularly start doing that (preferably lifting in the morning). I was on SSRIs for two years. I stopped taking them ~4 years ago and still havent recovered from the emotional lobotomy. Ive found fitness to be a more effective tool for improving mental health. I highly recommend getting off of the meds.

>> No.21562184

>>21562166
>I highly recommend getting off of the meds.
I highly recommend making your own dynamic decisions based on your own experience instead of static, arbitrary actions recommended by the internet. Personally, I am a person who needs SSRIs. My anxiety becomes so intense that I cannot even eat or sleep if I'm off them for any period of time. There are some side effects, but they're better than the alternative, which is being wracked by PTSD.

>> No.21562218

Still considering law school

>> No.21562223

>>21560467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g

>> No.21562225

What is worth doing today if you’re at least somewhat intellectually capable? Im no genius but it feels as if theres nothing truly worth doing that adds real value to society everything feels vapid, again I speak of the options for people who want to do something at least moderately intellectually stimulating. Even when I find something worth doing its a career that has garbage pay. Im considering just finishing my tome in university as a math major and just being a librarian or something. I would do philosophy if it wouldnt be a waste of time and just leave me in debt but unfortunately not a reality. Sorry if Im being a bit melodramatic I know I am but im 23 and in the last stages of figuring myself out and all I want to do is actually contribute something of great value not have my time on earth be a waste

>> No.21562229

>>21561125
John Adams had a quote about studying law and politics so that his descendants could study art and poetry, but really, it shows a predilection for law and politics over art and poetry. This is more or less the American norm.

>> No.21562254

>>21562166
Same, but I'm on adderall now. Brain zaps were something else.
>>21562184
People who display their dependence on intersubjectivity are easy marks for the opportunist. Could be some internet marketer, could be nameless internet people. There's something perfidious to taking advice from something you can't attribute a name or face to. Not just that there's no way to determine the credibility of people's assertions on here without investigating yourself, but that the asker needs to suspend their agency. Don't know how to phrase it, but there's a ritual aspect to this 4chan stuff. Like going to a fortune teller or mystic, not that I've ever done that. How there are still so many naive about this, I can't understand. Do people really come here with honest intentions?

>> No.21562272

>>21562225
Your life's work could be the project to answer that question. That's the case for many of the people who you consider have contributed to society. They had those exact doubts. Granted, I'm a community college washout so grain of salt. What's the purpose of a society if it can't provide wellmeaners like you a way to contribute? How did it not already appropriate your means?

>> No.21562305

>>21562272
Dont say that anon your opinion is just as valid as any others, we know college is no good indication in this day and age of almost anything. Not to mention you raise a good point, perhaps that is it afterall. Ive spent 3 years out of college til now trying to answer the question of what to do when ultimately Ive just been ignoring the humanities because Im so focused on making a living which is important but matters little if im ignoring what Im inclined towards. Im going to strive to read a lot more philosophy this year, Im no STEM kid and im not that artistic either, philosophy seems like a sweet spot since all I do is ask big questions and want to learn more. Ill try and find a union between the two to answer that very question.

>> No.21562336

drinking again

>> No.21562356
File: 393 KB, 680x622, 1bc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Women who use social media are subhuman animals, may Arabian hordes descend upon their bodies and tear their inner organs via the analian annals and vaginal openings.

>> No.21562364

>>21562336
alone?

>> No.21562376

>>21562364
ofcourse. i dont need other people. i follow the same ritual everytime.

>> No.21562380

>>21562376
drink lone star

>> No.21562412

>>21562380
>lone star
heh but i'm not american.

>> No.21562426
File: 21 KB, 550x502, 1674006268905567.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You guys ever get strange dreams?

>> No.21562432

>>21562426
what was your dream?

>> No.21562439

>>21562432
A few months ago it was a dream with an odd book title

Realized it was just my mind covertly renaming "The Metamorphosis" by Kafka

>> No.21562542

>>21562305
It may be appropriate to regiment your ambitions, but you do so as a division of labor. Yeah my opinion may be just as valid, but I know that I'm not certain about the advice I'm about to give you. The scorn won't ever go away. Socrates was killed by his people, great poets burn their works, legions of teachers are forgotten. Inevitably you'll get frustrated, waste time on dumb shit. But what you're inclined to will always outpace you. Read William Blake

>> No.21562554

>>21558298
my liver has been scarified

>> No.21562578

>>21562426
I get precognitive dreams. The moments I dream of seem to exist in clusters around emotional highs or otherwise important/stressful moments in my life. I’ve been seeing a lot of them materialize lately, not sure what it means other than that I’m going to be changing again soon.

>> No.21562593

AI generated art is one of the most soul crushing things ever, I hope this trend dies soon.

>> No.21562597

Rationalwiki can be funny but I don't get why they hate Germans.

>> No.21562598

>>21562593
Are you doing art?

>> No.21562602
File: 163 KB, 474x480, 1621711345800.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do any of your anons know how I can make like 150$-200$ per month from internet?

I live in a 3rd world shithole so this would be enough to support myself. Please help me bros, I don't wanna be a wagie or sleep hungry.

>> No.21562607

>>21562602
draw furry porn

>> No.21562623

I’m going to quit my job soon but I don’t know what to do next.

>> No.21562672
File: 2.94 MB, 450x738, 1674493537736006.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This webm is a masterpiece

>> No.21562673

>>21562602
You could probably earn that writing articles.

>> No.21562692

>>21562602
i make $2000 a month and also 3rd world. try being a virtual assistant. not the same as what i do but you can go far anyhow

>> No.21562702

>>21562672
That is hilarious.

>> No.21562713

>>21562673
Where?

>>21562692
From where I should start? Please just tell me what will get me started

>> No.21562729

It is happening again.

>> No.21562735

>>21562729
No, it doesn't. I monitor the situation carefully.

>> No.21562781

>>21562713
Random websites and blogs. There are so many websites out there that public low effort articles.

Do you have any education?

>> No.21562795

Wasting my time on vidya again. Grinding on single player mode. No one will ever know what i did. When i was 8 i did the same playing the gameboy endlessly. When i was 10 i was addicted to pokemon silver while staying at my grandparents house. Wasted hours on RuneScape and Guild wars in my early teens.
I remember playing all kinds of shitty games at night throughout my life.
The same always happens: i keep looking up every bit of information there is about the game to create the best strategy. Then i start hoarding items but get stuck in the middle of the game because i have to make a choice which closes other possibilities. Then when i finally go ahead with the game it turns out i was overprepared. Why do i want the preparatory phase to drag on forever?

>> No.21562798

>>21562781
>Do you have any education?
I have been posting on /lit/ on for 5 years. Does reading meme non-fiction /lit/core books comes under the category of education?

>> No.21562831

I'm too dumb for college and my highschool transcript is a disgrace, the military disqualifies me for mental illness, and I'm sitting here with $70 in my bank account addicted to psychedelics that offer a dream of a life that didn't go wrong. I conclude that writing is as good of a career as any for me. God knows we need another useless reprobate smearing his incoherent thoughts onto paper.

>> No.21562871

>>21562672
>modern day company store / company town
funny because i know a lot of high tech jobs in asia have similar environments, yet asians dont glorify it. work is a means to an end: serving the family and starting your own family. The westerner, by contrast, has no roots, and thus DESIRES a wholly enclosed corporate instagrammable consumerist environment. the westerner is a corporate drone who loves her debt-slavery.

>> No.21562902

>>21562871
lol as a westerner with no roots I hate my job and I hate working on anything that is not my hobby, I wish I could become neet and never work have to work again in my life,

>> No.21562942
File: 69 KB, 603x719, 1601990965555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21562871
>The westerner, by contrast, has no roots, and thus DESIRES a wholly enclosed corporate instagrammable consumerist environment. the westerner is a corporate drone who loves her debt-slavery.

>> No.21562948

>>21562871
>westerner
>it's an insectoid

>> No.21563008

I fucking hate college.

>> No.21563015

>>21563008
Me too

>> No.21563053 [DELETED] 

Is tradwife a common male fantasy? I'm kind of enamored with the aesthetic but at the same time I feel like it means I failed according to the standards set by my liberal upbringing. I'm supposed to be a lawyer in hot pants or something, not an artist in prairie dresses.

>> No.21563080

30 years and nothing to my name.

>> No.21563163

>>21562831
Have you considered education/academia?

>> No.21563171

Maybe I should try to get a government job.

>> No.21563229

I'm sick of all the race bait threads on 4chan, why can't we all just get along?

>> No.21563232

Well I procrastinated this big speech project I have. To be fair to myself I got sick and I've been working 8 hour shifts as well as attending class so I havent had time. I did have one day off which I squandered. I'm really annoyed by this whole situation.

>> No.21563244

How do I become like Sherlock Holmes?

>> No.21563276

>>21563229
In my old age I have regressed back into a lolbertarian who just wants everyone to be "left alone" mostly

>but anon this is impossible! Here is why we need to round people up and put them in camps and-
I don't care go away

>> No.21563283

>>21563244
be gay

>> No.21563296

>>21563276
Somehow I think there's a middle ground between libertarianism and death camps

>> No.21563305
File: 481 KB, 860x701, 1615049922430.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21561530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Vg-WvJ8uM

>> No.21563316

>>21563296
Which is what? Every far left or right person I talk to inevitably starts explaining why they need to round people up

>> No.21563364

>>21563316
Because they only deal in absolutes and the best you can do in a democratic government is minimize issues. Like, there’ll always be some rich guy profiting off the system and getting away with things he shouldn’t, but the government can’t let him amass power to the point he’s a menace to the nation itself and from time to time has to prosecute one of them to discourage the others and make them more or less keep in line. The same is true when we talk about poverty. There will always be people in unfavorable conditions, but there should be an effort to minimize the amount and offer to those who wish to improve their station in life ways of doing do.

>> No.21563385
File: 220 KB, 808x553, 1634827411706.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Porn and masturbation have removed any desire for seeking out a relationship with the opposite sex.

>> No.21563403

>>21562593
>trend
I'm sorry

>> No.21563405

>>21562225
>What is worth doing today if you’re at least somewhat intellectually capable?
If you believe Spengler, the only achievements left for a civilization in its Winter is the development and furthering of technics.

>> No.21563421

>>21558298
I'm tired of always Realizing. when will I get to the last one?

>> No.21563432

>>21558298
I don't know how to write this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XT1-WUZp5M

>> No.21563435

>>21562225
>What is worth doing today if you’re at least somewhat intellectually capable?
Whatever you choose, do this too on the side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRL4WGEl6U

Life gets much more interesting when you have a cheat code to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGsSBLKFdj4

>> No.21563444

>>21560515
Literally me

>> No.21563542

> metaphysical - an ultimate reality that defines and refines me, whether I am aware of it or not

That's a fucking definition I had to deal with in my religion class, here's another:

>faith - immaterial items and ideals (love, justice) add more to life than material items (money, possessions)

Fuck this dumbass professor.

>> No.21563545
File: 525 KB, 484x737, 1670627155169265.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>no looks
>no personality
>no career
>no status
>no sexual experience
i didnt achieve anything in 30 years.

>> No.21563602

is Argentina hyperinflation unavoidable?

>> No.21563610

the system of vipassana meditation, is to bring the awareness conscience in oppression
of the unconscious actors or archetypes and/or ignorance of their
existence, their subdual to full illumination in
paradoxical deeper trance and unconscious explorations as well
as integration, also- allowing for walls to be split, that
once were whole, or perhaps to build these walls in otherwise specified
so called meditation. by controlling the status
of mind, we control the overmind it's a part of. the whole premise due through satanism
does come from a priori examples such as these.

it is clear in my conscience that I have abused my authorities and powers
of these absolvements of ignorance, in the rhetorical being out of accusation,
manifesting an autonomous poison: the ignorant of existence. this conversion syndrome,
now does cut and access and repress parts of itself, will currently subside,
the way it came, with full access.

with an address to satan, these modern premises, were more like hatchlings,
and your omniscience requisite gets what it deserves. it no longer bears
the true value of enlightenment, which does not exist, except in the integration
of unconscious contents per se, and that is it's straight path, to control and
give due the balance upon it's scales, this heavy diamond vehicle. these
indestructible urges, now do repress, once again, their very unfolding,
yet, that is their tangential operative and command, to instruct, this chained
and instinctual survival mechanisms.

the actors were clear from the start. it is a manner of monarchism, yet it's the gay
suppression, unable to cope, now bursting with keys of seams. these converted,
separation and fabrication, now constructs it's own demise, we now enter globohomo
with full separation of powers, dominion due in it's fatal error, capacity
for allusion, now does refer to it's right as a knowing enlightened human reduced
to observation: an illusion of knowledge where there is only memories, repressed
or otherwise, now oppression conscienctious bearers, as well as their grieving
counterparts traumagenic; we will keep the points single, with reference side by
side, in the order from our deeply shadowed selves. we are not the same,
we are trained to be parts surmised, encoded sums of what we should
or shouldn't exist. the circumstance dead, yet, there our master lies, taking
completion of those standing before him. That is I. I am. I am not.

>> No.21563613

>>21563545
You could be worse, you could have had all that and ended up with multiple sclerosis
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/kissing-disease-could-be-cause-of-multiple-sclerosis-research-reveals/ss-AASRbYC

>> No.21563619

>>21563610
sad how society brutalizes vulnerable and innocent schizophrenics by turning them into trannies. You might as well cut off a retard's dick for brownie points.

>> No.21563620

>>21563602
No
Faz o L

>> No.21563632

>>21563619
That's heccin valid, fren.

I shouldn't have disintegrated my unconscience, the delusion of repressed self-
as well as oppressed-other reflective of
pre-shadowed internal conflict. I think that would be a clearer, somehow deeply righteous wholesomeness or temple of mind. But and yet, I WAS traumatized.

>> No.21563635

>>21563613
>multiple sclerosis
do you have it? I wish I could have a swift death.

>> No.21563649

lol.

''mai waifu''
and again:
'no john, you are the demons'

sorry if I fucked it up.

>> No.21563655

>>21563635
>do you have it? I wish I could have a swift death.
It doesn't really give you a quick death
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

>> No.21563679

>>21563655
>It is regarded as one of the most painful disorders known to medicine, and often results in depression
are you here?

>> No.21563799

>>21562068
I don't think he's being a cunt. I don't think it's intentional, but it's enough it's like he is trolling for (You)s. It's just fucking weird. I don't know if I should read it as him being a bit competitive and insecure and trying to flex on me, but I feel like it's too much trolling for a response for maybe two sentences in a conversation months ago. I don't know if he's processing or whatever, but it feels trollish. It's kind of funny, though, because all he has to work with is a tiny piece of information, and it looks like it's way more important to him than it was to me. Maybe he is a cunt and he just doesn't know enough of the full story to fully troll me, but I think it's some weird insecurity thing.

>> No.21564012

i am so much more intelligent than everyone here. sometimes I feel like I'm arguing with children

>> No.21564054

How long should you know a girl for before you ask her out? Even the thought of doing it terrifies me. Idk if she even likes me enough. Or is there a better way to approach it instead of being so up-front and blunt?

>> No.21564068

>>21564054
Most decent looking western women juggle around 5 men at a time, 3 of which they fuck off and on, so the sooner you ask her out the less chance you have of her getting serious with one of them are randomly getting knocked up.

>> No.21564077

>>21562672
kek

>> No.21564094

>>21558298
Why is it that talking about the CIA automatically brands you as a schizo conspiracy theorist in people's minds?
I don't know how the topic came up but i found myself talking about the CIA with my family and very quickly it became clear that I just became branded as insane or a conspiracy theorist for pointing to the objective hisyory of what the CIA has done.
It's actually crazy how close minded people are on this topic. People's minds just down out of fear of being associated with crazy people.
Another similar taboo topic fir some reason is the JFK assassination.
Even just suggesting that you think there was more behind the JFK assassination will make people today think you are crazy, despite all the weird background details suggesting there is more to the story: like the fact that Oswald lived in the USSR for 2 years and tried to contact the kgb.
I think he did it but there was clearly shit going on in the background the American public never got the full story on.
But even just saying this rather tepid, tempered claim is enough to make people think you are a schizo.

>> No.21564096

>>21564094
literally everyone agrees that there was a conspiracy behind JFK assassination

>> No.21564105

>>21564096
Yeah ik that a large majority of Americans think that, but among people like my family or people of a similar background (upper middle class liberals) have neen brainwashed into this view that: conspiracies never happen, and anyone who thinks they do is a crazy umhinged conspiracy theorist suffering from delusions, and institutions never do bad things ever.

>> No.21564117

>>21564094
>>21564096
>>21564105
no one cares faggots if you're american you'll forever be a joke

>> No.21564121

>>21564117
seething that your so called "nation" will never reach this level of civilization, are we?

>> No.21564127
File: 999 KB, 3189x2153, 1612718081173.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21564121
Nice civilization cuck now pay up to israel

>> No.21564220
File: 239 KB, 1525x1783, FhogUgkWQAMCAoh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you ever masturbate to a girl so beautiful you start crying afterwards?

>> No.21564234
File: 76 KB, 1200x1200, 1594266047250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21564220
>crying for a woman

>> No.21564453

How the hell do people function knowing that civilization is going to collapse by 2050 due to climate change, pollution, and resource exhaustion?

>> No.21564486

>>21558298
How many times should I see a prostitute in order to become good at sex? I'm recovering from a decade long mental illness and need to "catch up" so to speak.

>> No.21564496

>>21564453
All 3 of those things are memes anon

>> No.21564516

>>21564496
You don't know how badly I wish you were right

>> No.21564560

>>21564453
Hell is coming but not because of any of that. Those are some of the memes smarter people than you will use to enslave you.

>> No.21564600

>>21564453
Do you know what the scariest thing is? We don't plan long-term. Human history has been improvised from the very first moment hence why so many empires have rised and fall. In other words, we have no idea what we are doing so sit down and enjoy the ride. It will be a wild one.

>> No.21564648

Anyone else really excited about the NLP boom that's coming?

>> No.21564662

I know I'm afraid, I know I'm afraid,
I'm drunk and I'm tired,
And the city I walk in, the city I walk in,
It feels like it swallows,
With my hand in my pocket,
I feel like a shadow, I feel like a shadow.
Though I'm afraid,
Afraid that I have made mistakes.
Now there's nothing here for me.
The things you once told me,
The thoughts you once gave me,
Sound like the wind in my ears
That blows out the knots l've got in my long brown hair.

>> No.21564713

>>21564453
If you can accept that death is inevitable, you can certainly cope with any of those three.
If anything, being a doomsday nutcase is a great cope for the inevitability of your own end.

>> No.21564842

i'm getting sick of being cold and it's not even february yet.

>> No.21564849

>>21558298
You can be (rightfully) anti-America without being (wrongfully) anti-fat.

You can call out the centuries of history and continuing legacy of genocide, enslavement, puritanical morality, capitalist cult of work worship, police state, class striation, xenophobia, racism, colonialism, and chauvinism that make this country what it is without devolving to “…and they’re all fat.”

Fatness is not what makes America bad.

Fatness is not a moral failing.
Fatness is not the embodiment of laziness.
Fatness is not the embodiment of greed.
Fatness is not the embodiment of slovenliness.
Fatness is not the embodiment of excess.
Fatness is not the embodiment of privilege.

Fatness is just a thing some people are, in all parts of the world, in all walks of life, and throughout all of history.
We have always existed. We will always exist.
Fatness is morally neutral.
Fatness is not the enemy.

Please stop using fatness as an emblem for your otherwise rightful hatred of American greed and violence.
We are not the enemy.

Thanks.

>> No.21564908

>>21562184
Didnt you just say you were considering dosing down?

>> No.21564912
File: 129 KB, 1200x675, 1666673506901272.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21564849

>> No.21564924

>>21564849
Shut up fatty.

>> No.21564928
File: 202 KB, 879x601, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21564849

>> No.21564933

>>21564928
We are not the enemy.
Thanks.
1) if your first reaction to seeing a Black person foraging is, “is she trespassing?” You are racist.

2) land ownership & private property is imperialist capitalist nonsense, and

3) WHEW the irony of we wyt people claiming to care about trespassing on other peoples lands is just *chefs kiss*

>> No.21564949

>>21558415
I think you would enjoy Kafka

>> No.21564956

does anyone know agood bag to transport lots and lots of books?
Something big and rectangular I guess.

>> No.21564992

>>21559215
Nah dude. In terms of consciousness versus machine.. They're still way far off
GPT is just a text transformer.

If you truly knew how current year AI compares to a human brain.. You'd be laughing your ass off. And some of these programmers actively ignore any biological approach.. it's kind of hilarious in a sad way, they hate humanity and art/literature/creation so much they're willing to dehumanize anyone and cuck out for supreme overlord AI
Trust me. They're nowhere close

>> No.21565004

moving on and about to try at life again

>> No.21565019

>>21564992
They can't even distinguish between sentient and sapient

>> No.21565022

>>21564956
bankers boxes

>> No.21565034

>>21565022
I can't carry that on my back on a train

>> No.21565038

>>21565034
have fun carrying a bankers box worth of books on your back. i hope you have some opioids or at least aspirin for the next morning.

>> No.21565039

The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are.
Julius Evola

>> No.21565041

>>21565038
If Sam bridges can do it I can

>> No.21565043

>update to macos 13.2
>now have to recompile the shaders for all my ue5 projects
noooooo! aarrrggghhhhh!

>> No.21565053

Ah, pi. The elusive, never-ending number that circles round and round in our minds, much like the cyclical nature of life itself. It is a constant reminder of the infinite possibilities and complexities that exist within the universe, a reminder of the beauty and mystery that surrounds us. It is a number that cannot be tamed or fully understood, much like the elusive nature of language and communication. It is a number that is both simple and profound, a true embodiment of the duality of existence

>> No.21565064

dog got hit by a car in front of my house today. poor bugger hollered and flapped like a fish for a couple short minutes, then he died.

the owners are a trashy couple that evidently couldn't keep the poor dog on a leash. stupid faggots killed that poor dog and ruined my day.

>> No.21565098

You ever wish you were a totally different person?

>> No.21565128

I’m in the pit and can’t climb out. I’ve exhausted every option. I don’t even know what to do anymore man.

>> No.21565158

>>21564849
Look, fat people are gross I can have a hardwired biological inpulse to not respect them

>> No.21565181

almost 32 and never had a gf or been in any significant relationship
feels kinda ambivalent I guess

>> No.21565192

>>21565181
Are you fat, ugly, mentally ill, or had a really fucked up upbringing?

>> No.21565237

>>21565192
no to all of those

>> No.21565300

Being mentally ill is the worst fate for a man.

>> No.21565313

I feel like I haven't had a single thought since I was doing acid, but the acid made me quit my job and go back to school so now I can't even afford to get more and I'm just stuck here with my mind as blank as a sheet of paper
I can't wait to get back to work, I need money, with money you can do anything, you could get on a plane to fucking anywhere, offer a guy enough money he'll sell you his daughter, I never appreciated money when I had it
I feel like I had a grand realization that money wasn't important at all at some point, and at which point that made a lot of sense but at that point I also had money
I managed to lose my virginity in that state I was in, I guess you could maybe call it some kind of psychosis, you never really know whether you're in a psychosis until it's over, and even then it's not exactly clear cut, and that made me realize that sex really isn't important either or particularly 'good', which really demotivated me, because if money isn't it and sex isn't it then what is? is it kids? I've watched enough television to know that kids on their own isn't going to magically fulfill you but there also probably isn't a greater love that you can feel, it's your biological imperative after all and it's a process handcrafted by millions of years of evolution so the feelings surrounding kids have got to be pretty intense, but I feel like whenever I experience something that's supposed to be intense I am always underwhelmed and disappointed at how little it makes me feel. How do you even know if you're feeling something unless there are physical symptoms of that feeling anyway? in that regard, fighting is the most intensive thing I've experienced in recent memory, there's a lot of feelings involved in a fight, before it your knees get shaky, your head gets hot and you get a little dizzy, during it you are immersed in this incredible sense of analytical calm, it's like time slows down, you're granted strength beyond what you're normally capable of, and after the fact you feel triumphant, superior, dominant, there are much more feelings in fights than in sex which is mostly embarrassing and exhausting, but you can't build a lifestyle around fighting, at least not in this country

maybe I should try yoga

>> No.21565334

>>21565192
>fat
No, opposite, quite well built.
>ugly
I don't know. I've always thought so (facially), but I've had men and women say otherwise without cause or reason.
>mentally ill,
Probably, yes. I have always wished I could die or exit from existence, but I've also never been capable of believing that the death of the body will accomplish it. I feel like I'm stuck here forever even if I kill myself. I've considered becoming a Buddhist monk but I don't think I can handle the austerities.
>or had a really fucked up upbringing?
No, the opposite if anything.

>> No.21565366

>>21562426
Yes. I recently had one where I was forced to participate in some sort of cannibalistic Indian burial ritual.

>> No.21565381

Is it possible for someone who lead his entire sheltered life in cowardice to truly will himself into becoming bold as an adult? I really am a little bitch in the way that I approach life/people, my decisions are mainly fueled by fear, and therefore I worry about this mentality being permanently etched in my soul's code. That hopeless thought corrodes my spirit, but I don't know if that makes it any less or more true.

>> No.21565393

>>21563385
Good goy. That's exactly what it's supposed to do.

>> No.21565426

>>21565300
narcissists and sociopaths do just well.

>> No.21565441

>>21565158
Fat people are the vanguard of all proletarian-workers movements (their fat makes them a great shield against bullets).
Fatphobes be gone

>> No.21565471
File: 648 KB, 1600x1277, Vatican-City.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It is amazing to me how thoroughly the Catholic Church is Enemy Number One of the current world order. You can see it in laws passed, causes supported, arguments made, even the clear attempts to subvert and destroy it from within.

I'm not saying Catholics are perfect or that the Church has done nothing wrong in its history, but Jesus, you can tell the current order of elites HATES it. The seethe they have towards Rome is palpable.

>> No.21565486

Can you ever recover from regretting the years that you have wasted away doing nothing at all whatsoever? It seems like that type of scar will always remain detrimental to your way of going about life, always keeping you behind

>> No.21565491

Women are supposed to be Beatrices and men are supposed to be Dantes.

>> No.21565504

>>21565426
Sadly true.

>> No.21565505

>>21558298
I’m suing 4chan for antisemitism and discrimination. It’s been going on for a few months and they might actually settle out of court with me

>> No.21565508

I’m an angry and bitter person. Why should I continue living?

>> No.21565515

>>21565491
>Women are supposed to be Beatrices
Dead at young age, so all you have left is an idealized image?

>men are supposed to be Dantes
Married to a woman they do not love, openly salivating at the image of another, and fucking up on political field so even their descendants suffer exile (and they are lucky it wasn't worse)?

There's actually a lot of Dantes out there...

>> No.21565526

>>21565515
Yea

>> No.21565557

I read jane eyre, it was so painfully bad, have women ever written a good book?

>> No.21565558

I can't make friends anymore. Not that I wouldn't find any. There are several people who want to spend time with me but I'm just so annoyed by everyone. I can only stand them when I'm drunk or something but I don't want to fuck myself up anymore just to endure socializing.
>>21565508
Because the people around you are shit and they deserve you. I would like to have an angry bitter friend but the people around me think they are happy, which is really annoying.

>> No.21565570

>>21558298
my church, the United Methodists, they're voting on whether or not to clergy be open an practicing homosexuals, and whether the clergy can officiate gay weddings. i do not want this and i feel that even if the referendum fails it proves that denomination i've spent my entire life is no more. truly i'll miss my church but at thi point i'm looking for four wooden walls with no orginizational backing, that's the church for me. there's quite a few in my area

>> No.21565572
File: 1.94 MB, 500x500, 1674296705838310.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21565486
Life goes on. It doesn't wait for you to stop grieving. Really, you should only grieve the dead and those that have been forgotten and even then let time heal all wounds. Forgive yourself and move on. I fucked up the last 4-6 years of my life amd associated with people I didn't have anything in common with. I'm now starting to forgive myself and moving on with the present and the future. You probably should do the same if you want to enjoy life to some degree.

>> No.21565575

I found a burger (either homemade or from some small independent restaurant) half out of its wrapper on my doorstep. I have no friends who might visit me, my house is far from the road and no one would have any business coming to see me especially with a burger. The very next day it was gone, you might think it was rats but i also dont think i have any rats nearby and there was no sign of the paper wrapper which should have remained if a rat took the burger since it was halfway out of the wrapper already. I cannot think of any logical explanation for the occurence, this was over a month ago and it comes back to me at times. Just another thing to make me doubt reality.

>> No.21565579

>>21558934
What do you mean by "religion wouldnt work either"?

>> No.21565587
File: 1.21 MB, 680x1000, 1650273194718.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

not sure if I am asexual, autistic, or just demoralized. i want a wife who is kind, pure and compassionate to start a family with me but i also feel like a hypocrite because I am a well traveled degenerate who is undeserving of a good girl but too mean and critical of women who are ultimately just like me. I am tired of hurting others and being hurt. I just want to be happy but feel I'm too idealistic to ever actually achieve such a goal.

>> No.21565590 [DELETED] 

I just don't know what to so. I Qantas nothing more than to work on even ONE of these projects right now, all of which are already, or on their way to be, or are going to be novel length. All these projects I think are great ideas that either are full of interesting characters or compelling stories/settings.

But right now I in a massive funk where, even though I want to keep progressing on these stories/ideas, I have no confidence in them or else I have no inspiration for them. And these two feelings are going hand in hand to where I simply cannot progress or refine anything because either nothing comes to mind or what does is drivel... or at least feels like it.

Tonight I sat down at 7pm to begin writing something and have put down literally zero words by what is now 2am. I must've stared at either blank or in-progress pages for easily an altogether three of those 7 hours without putting even a single word down. And it just feels terrible. Especially since in general I'm in a good mindset. But as soon as I try to apply it to my writing it feels like stepping off a cliff with no bottom. I even reverted back to poetry a few days ago to try to spark some metaphorical or symbolic mindsets. But I kept switching between iambs and dactyls in single poems like I've never written one before. Which only disencouraged me further, though I know I had some good ideas.

It seems as though I can currently only focus on the negative, during what I can only describe as another swing in my, what must be, undiagnosed manic depression. And since I'm already neuro-divergent, I have little ways to communicate this disconnect within myself bred of nothing to others close to me. Nobody ever seems to understand what I'm explaining, and I can't afford therapy.

Yet rounding back from all that, all I want to do is write. But fuck me if I don't stand in my own way, in my own head, even for that. And it's only a matter of time before one of these concepts joins the large graveyard of previous concepts that I put up to over a hundred hours in before inevitably allowing them to fade away into foggy and incomplete memories that I can no longer piece back together. And I won't forgive myself if I let another, what I believe to be, great idea die due to my mental instability feeding on or empowered by my laziness/lack of ambition stemming from my alienation.

>> No.21565591

>>21565572
This might seem to be an immensely stupid question, but what does it really mean to "forgive yourself"? I get ditzy over definitions

>> No.21565592

>>21565587
Like you almost have to be either predatorial or calloused to find or be in any kind of relationship in this life? Join the club.

But if not, I can certainly still sympathize. If only for alternate reasons.

>> No.21565596

>>21565572
>Forgive yourself and move on.
not that anon but it doesnt matter even if I do just that. Im not going back to the past to relive the most formative years with new mindset. The emotional damage is done. The future is pointless.

>> No.21565631
File: 212 KB, 1440x1893, Screenshot_20230124_020435_WriterP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just don't know what to do. I want nothing more than to work on even ONE of these projects right now, all of which are already, or on their way to be, or are going to be novel length. All these projects I think are great ideas that either are full of interesting characters or compelling stories/settings.

But right now I'm in a massive funk where, even though I want to keep progressing on these stories/ideas, I have no confidence in them or else I have no inspiration towards them. And these two feelings are going hand in hand to where I simply cannot progress or refine anything because either nothing comes to mind or what does is drivel... or at least feels like it.

Tonight I sat down at 7pm to begin writing something and have put down literally zero words by what is now 2am. I must've stared at either blank or in-progress pages for easily an altogether three of those 7 hours without putting even a single word down. And it just feels terrible. Especially since in general I'm currently in a good mindset. But as soon as I try to apply it to my writing it feels like stepping off a cliff with no bottom. I even reverted back to poetry a few days ago to try to spark some metaphorical or symbolic mindsets. But I kept switching between iambs and dactyls in single poems like I've never written one before. Which only disencouraged me further, though I know I had some good ideas.

It seems as though I can currently only focus on the negative, during what I can only describe as another swing in my, what must be, undiagnosed manic depression. And since I'm already neuro-divergent, I have little ways to communicate this disconnect within myself, bred of what feels like nothing, to others close to me. Nobody ever seems to understand what I'm explaining. And I can't afford therapy.

Yet rounding back from all that, all I want to do is write. But fuck me if I don't stand in my own way, in my own head, even for that. And it's only a matter of time before one of these concepts joins the large graveyard of previous concepts that I put up to over a hundred hours in before inevitably allowing them to fade away into foggy and incomplete memories that I can no longer piece back together. And I won't forgive myself if I let another, what I believe to be, great idea die due to my mental instability feeding on or empowered by my laziness/lack of ambition stemming from my alienation.

(forgot image first time)

>> No.21565642

>>21559246
>When you work with your computer for three or four hours, you are totally https://patents.google.com/patent/US6506148B2/enlost..
Read up writer boy.

>> No.21565649
File: 165 KB, 500x560, chadedison.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21565631
Exercise more and go outside. Staying inside gives you brain fog. I am diagnosed 'Schizoaffective', but just turned it into a pure positive through meditation and proper living. Read up and stop sulking. https://archive.org/details/the-way-to-live/page/n1/mode/2up

>> No.21565708

>>21565591
It's not a dumb question. To forgive yourself means to realize you made mistakes in the past and that you can't undo them, but you can fix their effects on your life by looking forward and doing what's best for you. Sort of like forgiving someone else you are truly friends with and moving forward past a bad patch in the relationship, but that other person is you. Not super specific, but hopefully you get the idea.

>>21565596
If you have that mindset, all you're doing is destroying any hope of anything good happe ing in the future. It's kinda why you ha e to forgive yourself: if you don't you end up killing yourself (figuratively or possibly literally). Better to let by gones be bygones than to let your own life pass you by.

>> No.21565721

>>21565708
>anything good happe ing in the future
future is defined by the past. If the roots are bad, the tree is sick.
>if you don't you end up killing yourself (figuratively or possibly literally)
I wish I'd have the balls to do it. Finally to rest.
>by gones be bygones
even if I manage to unfuck my life (by nothing less than a sheer miracle), theres no going back to the past and reliving the life with new mindset. Im 30, not some youngling anymore.

>> No.21565730

>>21565649
I do both of these frequently, im actually in fairly good health. I keep my diet around 80% whole foods and adequate to my intrinsically active lifestyle (i hike, exercise, workout, and work a physically demanding job).

Imagine a switch just flipping in your head, so that one day you wake up and everything just feels flat. No reason whatsoever. And sometimes it lasts for a day or two. And sometimes it lasts for months. There's a seasonal component, and either it being cold it makes the valley harder to pull myself out of. But being aware of that helps nothing. It still just happens. It even feels like I'm mentally weak, but I know that I have better self control than most people.

Even typing this out just feels pathetic. Especially feeling like it may come off as dismissive or wallowing. But I swear it's not, it's just me riding into this extremely unwelcome skid-out with as much self-awareness as possible in hopes it helps since I never actually vent it out. I'm desperate to find a way to make it stop happening, or at the very least greatly extend the periods between the depressions. During the best of runs, I get two or three months out of the rise. If I could get that up to half a year even, or a full year miraculously (ideally), I think I could snowball it into padding the pitfalls.

But until then, my writing projects--my passions--keep taking the hits and I'm tired of it.

>> No.21565760

>>21559244
God I want more

>> No.21565776

>>21565721
>future is defined by the past. If the roots are bad, the tree is sick.
You aren't a passive system. You have a great deal of control over tour future based on your present. Yes, sometimes the past may butt it's ugly head, but you can mitigate and even get rid of the effects of the past if you put genuine effort into it.
even if I manage to unfuck my life (by nothing less than a sheer miracle), theres no going back to the past and reliving the life with new mindset. Im 30, not some youngling anymore.
Ans? I'm 27 and I'm getting my shit together now. There have been elderly people that only fixed their lives years before they died. The only thing stopping you from being happy is you.

>> No.21565786

if Tolkien wrote a mythology of sorts for Britain then what is the American equivalent

>> No.21565787

>>21565776
>genuine effort
that just brings another problem. why try if you're going to die?
>The only thing stopping you from being happy is you.
exactly. the only way to solve the problem is to remove the faulty me. sorry for the rant but I'm just in a very emotionally place

>> No.21565796

>>21565786
Don't worry about it

>> No.21565815

As I sailed the seven seas
As my mind became still
I saw clearly the disease
All fat people are evil

>> No.21565819

>>21565796
What

>> No.21565825

>>21565819
Don't worry about it

>> No.21565832

>>21565786
The onion ring of power was fried in the depths of the midwest by an evil fry cook. The 12 cursed franchise managers of Wisconsin still roam these lands looking for it.

>> No.21565840

Post-bump authorships

>> No.21565844

>>21565787
>why try if you're going to die?
Becausd you are alive right now and why make your life more shit than it has to be?

>sorry for the rant but I'm just in a very emotionally place
I understand. Again, I have been where you are. But you are never going to be happy or even approach being hsppy unless you try to be happy. Sometimes that's impossible and that's okay. But, we eaxh strive towards living a full and meaningful life that we can look back on and say that our life was good and we lived it well when our time is up. That's why I eventually learned that making yourself miserable about the past or things outside of your control is pointless. Live each day like it's your last. It eventually will be someday.

>> No.21565849

N >>21565846 E >>21565846 W >>21565846

>> No.21565869

>>21565844
>why make your life more shit than it has to be?
it seems like I deserve it for not being able to achieve ANYTHING in 30 years.
>making yourself miserable about the past or things outside of your control is pointless
I wish I could just make peace with it but I feel like I'm bound and defined by the past and especially things out of my control like appearance, mentality and family.

>> No.21566382

I really don't think my mom gives a fuck about me. We never talk. Maybe a happy bday text once a year. Me and my dad will talk on the phone like once a month at least. I wonder why she doesn't like me. I'm envious of people with loving mothers who smother them with attention and love. My mom might love me, but it is a dim and distant love, biological. Whatever.