[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 172 KB, 1566x1600, PLT-FL-DS-4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22112865 No.22112865 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/. Found out thursday my already advanced cancer has metastasized. I don't feel like I have much longer. Anything you can recommend to read, the shorter and impactful the better. Quotes of encouragement are appreciated. Godspeed.

>> No.22112874

>>22112865
If this is true sorry to hear anon. Plato’s Phaedo.

>> No.22112888

that's fucking lit bro go to a cafe and pick up some symps (sympathetic females who fuck guys to feel symp(athetic) for like that one movie where the girl fucks the guy who is pretty sad and she feel s symp for) and tell us about it >.< wish ihad cancer 2!!!

>> No.22112904

You know the rules. Post tits while you still have them.

>> No.22112915

>>22112865
lucky you, rub it in our faces why don't you?

>> No.22112919

That's not really an excuse to use a trip though, is it?

>> No.22112928

>>22112865
The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius and Confederacy of Dunces.

>> No.22112931

>>22112865
At this point you need to reconcile with death. I always felt one of my goals in life is to be fully ready when it happens. I don't want it to be a moment of despair and cowardice.

>> No.22112936

>>22112865
https://www.dhammatalks.org/books/Undaunted/Section0001.html

>> No.22112939

>>22112919
Newfags don't even know the difference between a name and a tripcode anymore

>> No.22112946
File: 77 KB, 648x1000, A0A2D458-C0E9-4D61-90A5-04936408A386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865

>> No.22112955

>>22112865
Have Hadrians death poem

Animula, vagula, blandula
Hospes comesque corporis
Quae nunc abibis in loca
Pallidula, rigida, nudula,
Nec, ut soles, dabis iocos.

Little soul, you charming little wanderer, my body’s guest and partner,
Where are you off to now?
Somewhere without colour, savage and bare;
Never again to share a joke.

https://followinghadrian.com/2013/07/10/animula-vagula-blandula-hadrians-farewell-to-life/amp/

>> No.22112966

Fucking hell I'm sorry OP, how about you just read whatever the fuck you feel like, or better yet just go have fun or spend time with family. I can't stand knowing that some nigga I browse with just gets hit by a lightning bolt like this, no rhyme or reason to it. Could happen to any of us, sorry it happened to you. I believe in reincarnation because I'm a schizo so I will pray for you to reincarnate as something or someone cool.

Maybe read the Phaedo and see how little of a shit Socrates gave about dying. He cared so little, because he knew with 110% certainty that he was going to reincarnate, that he let his friends air their own anxieties about death to him as his final chitchat. And that's one of the smartest people the world has ever known.

I bought Reincarnation: An East-West Anthology recently. Probably don't waste your time reading about it though, just go in peace knowing you have Socrates pulling for you on the other side.

>>22112888
Inshallah OP's cancer will be transferred to this nigger

>> No.22112974

>>22112966
what the fuck did you just fucking say to me motherfucker i will have you know i am a man of ardent faith. i can undergo any trial, such as cancer and come out stronger
stronger than before. lord give me straingth halliluya

>> No.22113004

>>22112888
>888
> >.< wish ihad cancer 2!!!
Anon, I...

>> No.22113061

>>22112865
The book of disquiet. It’s maybe worth more than everything else Ive read combined, and I’ve read a significant amount of lit. Best of luck to you in your last days.

>> No.22113074

>>22112939
The fags get newer

>> No.22113084

>>22112865
Sell your car go to a hotel AND hire a bunch of hookers do cocaine and fuck them without any protection, do that until you die, that Is what i Will do in your shoes my friend. The days you have a hangover read some space opera li alstair Reynolds. Or fear an loathing las Vegas.

>> No.22113094

>>22113074
Newfags can't onions.

>> No.22113108

i dont know who you are but i love you
make the most of the afterlife

>> No.22113280

>>22112865
I don't have much to contribute but I wish you well, friend.

>> No.22113316
File: 61 KB, 780x438, ifyouonlyknew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Diary of a Country Priest.

>> No.22113330

>>22112865
How old you?

>> No.22113337

>>22112865
I can't think of anything that *I* would like to read in deathbed, but Baudelaire's Flowers of evil made death sound so romantic for a while I put aside my fear of it, so I would recommend that.

On the contrary, the most fun and beautiful book I ever read was probably The Neverending Story. Make the most of what little time you have, anon.

>> No.22113342

>>22113330

>> No.22113485

>>22113342
death means nothing, same as life

>> No.22113500

>>22112865
the turner diaries, it isn't too late!

>> No.22113503

>>22112865
Forget reading, be with your family

>> No.22113519

>>22112865
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally

>> No.22114032

>>22112865
my condolences, i hope your remaining time is as painless and as pleasant as possible
i'm currently reading randy pausch's "the last lecture"
it's a bit on the nose for a suggestion, but it's a book written by a professor from carnegie mellon university about his life. he lost his life to pancreatic cancer a few months after the book was published. the topic isn't so much about the last lecture he gave (of which there is a recording online that i haven't seen yet), nor is it about his cancer
this book probably won't help you come to terms with anything, but i think it's worth a read. you can really tell that randy was a high functioning autistic computer science nerd which makes it pretty enjoyable
it's a pretty short read, i'm slow at reading but i'm still about halfway through after a couple hours

>> No.22114044

>>22112865
Japanese Death Poems: Written by Zen Monks and Haiku Poets on the Verge of Death edited by Yoel Hoffmann

My personal favorite:

My old body
a drop of dew grown
heavy at the leaf tip
-Kiba, 1868

>> No.22114046

>>22114044
Based, thanks for the rec.

>> No.22114052

>>22112865
Leaves of Grass is exactly what you need

>> No.22114065

>>22112865
Godbless, anon. I hope you find peace. A Grief Observed is worth your time, limited though it may be.

>> No.22114106

>>22114032
sounds like a good one. hope you enjoy it anon.

>> No.22114107

The ending poem to Gravity’s Rainbow. Goodluck Anon

>> No.22114114

cancer_anon this morning i was daydreaming about getting diagnosed with cancer and having to say goodbye to some of my /tv/ friends. I bet it's as peaceful as it gets.

>> No.22114142

>>22112865
Bhaghavad Gita

Heart Sutra: death and life are codependent on one another and there's no clear distinction

Fragments of Parmenides: Being itself is unending and unchanging. Whatever gave rise to you is gonna remain constant and you're going to be reunited with it. Imagine a drop of water getting reabsorbed with the ocean.

Epicurus, Letters and Fragments: Even if you don't believe in souls, death is nothing to be feared.

Wish you all the luck in the world, Anon. I love you, I truly do.

>> No.22114169

>>22114052
Second this, especially Song of Myself.

I'll add T. S. Eliot, Four Quartets, Burnt Norton especially.

You can probably finish these in under an hour.

>> No.22114172

>>22112865
larp stories

>> No.22114211

>>22112865
I'm going to go to the doctor's sometime this month or next to check on my kidneys. I hoping to God above (literally) that I am dying and my life on this globe can be measured by a general range of time. I envy your situation, OP.

>> No.22114218

>>22114211
I hope death really is absence of life. Whatever happens, i would always like that to be a certainty.

>> No.22114431
File: 864 KB, 1052x1472, 2960552A-D95B-4839-9310-11905C46F892.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865
Anything regarding the growing, manufacturing, and acquisition of psilocybin, dimethyltryptamine or any adjacent compounds.
As long as it doesn’t interfere with your emotion.
Has been shown to help a lot with death anxiety.

>> No.22114555

>>22112865
1 The words of Ecclesiastes, the son of David, king of Jerusalem. 2 Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity. 3 What hath a man more of all his labour, that he taketh under the sun? 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth standeth for ever. 5 The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

6 Maketh his round by the south, and turneth again to the north: the spirit goeth forward surveying all places round about, and returneth to his circuits. 7 All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea doth not overflow: unto the place from whence the rivers come, they return, to flow again. 8 All things are hard: man cannot explain them by word. The eye is not filled with seeing, neither is the ear filled with hearing. 9 What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done. 10 Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

>> No.22114560

>>22114555
1The kingdom of heaven is like to an householder, who went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. 2And having agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3And going out about the third hour, he saw others standing in the marketplace idle. 4And he said to them: Go you also into my vineyard, and I will give you what shall be just. 5And they went their way. And again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did in like manner. 6But about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing, and he saith to them: Why stand you here all the day idle? 7They say to him: Because no man hath hired us. He saith to them: Go ye also into my vineyard.

8And when evening was come, the lord of the vineyard saith to his steward: Call the labourers and pay them their hire, beginning from the last even to the first. 9When therefore they were come that came about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. 10But when the first also came, they thought that they should receive more: And they also received every man a penny. 11And receiving it they murmured against the master of the house, 12Saying: These last have worked but one hour. and thou hast made them equal to us, that have borne the burden of the day and the heats. 13But he answering said to one of them: friend, I do thee no wrong: didst thou not agree with me for a penny? 14Take what is thine, and go thy way: I will also give to this last even as to thee. 15Or, is it not lawful for me to do what I will? Is thy eye evil, because I am good? 16So shall the last be first and the first last. For many are called but few chosen.

>> No.22114567

>>22114560
1And Jesus answering, spoke again in parables to them, saying: 2The kingdom of heaven is likened to a king who made a marriage for his son. 3And he sent his servants to call them that were invited to the marriage: and they would not come. 4Again he sent other servants, saying: Tell them that were invited, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my beeves and fatlings are killed, and all things are ready. Come ye to the marriage. 5But they neglected and went their ways, one to his farm and another to his merchandise. 6And the rest laid hands on his servants and, having treated them contumeliously, put them to death. 7But when the king had heard of it, he was angry: and sending his armies, he destroyed those murderers and burnt their city. 8Then he saith to his servants: The marriage indeed is ready; but they that were invited were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways; and as many as you shall find, call to the marriage. 10And his servants going forth into the ways, gathered together all that they found, both bad and good: and the marriage was filled with guests.

11And the king went in to see the guests: and he saw there a man who had not on a wedding garment. 12And he saith to him: Friend, how camest thou in hither not having on a wedding garment? But he was silent. 13Then the king said to the waiters: Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the exterior darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14For many are called, but few are chosen.

>> No.22114570

>>22114567
1After this, Job opened his mouth, and cursed his day, 2And he said:

3Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said: A man child is conceived.

4Let that day be turned into darkness, let not God regard it from above, and let not the light shine upon it.

5Let darkness, and the shadow of death, cover it, let a mist overspread it, and let it be wrapped up in bitterness.

6Let a darksome whirlwind seize upon that night, let it not be counted in the days of the year, nor numbered in the months.

7Let that night be solitary, and not worthy of praise.

8Let them curse it who curse the day, who are ready to raise up a leviathan:

9Let the stars be darkened with the mist thereof: let it expect light, and not see it, nor the rising of the dawning of the day:

10Because it shut not up the doors of the womb that bore me, nor took away evils from my eyes.

11Why did I not die in the womb? why did I not perish when I came out of the belly?

12Why received upon the knees? why suckled at the breasts?

13For now I should have been asleep and still, and should have rest in my sleep:

14With kings and consuls of the earth, who build themselves solitudes:

15Or with princes, that possess gold, and fill their houses with silver:

16Or as a hidden untimely birth, I should not be; or as they that, being conceived, have not seen the light.

17There the wicked cease from tumult, and there the wearied in strength are at rest.

18And they sometime bound together without disquiet, have not heard the voice of the oppressor.

19The small and great are there, and the servant is free from his master.

20Why is light given to him that is in misery, and life to them that are in bitterness of soul?

21That look for death, and it cometh not, as they that dig for a treasure:

22And they rejoice exceedingly when they have found the grave?

23To a man whose way is hidden, and God hath surrounded him with darkness?

24Before I eat I sigh: and as overflowing waters, so is my roaring:

25For the fear which I feared, hath come upon me: and that which I was afraid of, hath befallen me.

26Have I not dissembled? have I not kept silence? have I not been quiet? and indignation is come upon me.

>> No.22114576

>>22114570
God Speaks of His Creation

1Knowest thou the time when the wild goats bring forth among the rocks, or hast thou observed the hinds when they fawn?

2Hast thou numbered the months of their conceiving, or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?

3They bow themselves to bring forth young, and they cast them, and send forth roarings.

4Their young are weaned and go to feed: they go forth, and return not to them.

5Who hath sent out the wild ass free, and who hath loosed his bonds?

6To whom I have given a house in the wilderness, and his dwellings in the barren land.

7He scorneth the multitude of the city, he heareth not the cry of the driver.

8He looketh round about the mountains of his pasture, and seeketh for every green thing.

9Shall the rhinoceros be willing to serve thee, or will he stay at thy crib?

10Canst thou bind the rhinoceros with thy thong to plough, or will he break the clods of the valleys after thee?

11Wilt thou have confidence in his great strength, and leave thy labours to him?

12Wilt thou trust him that he will render thee the seed, and gather it into thy barnfloor?

13The wing of the ostrich is like the wings of the heron, and of the hawk.

14When she leaveth her eggs on the earth, thou perhaps wilt warm them in the dust.

15She forgetteth that the foot may tread upon them, or that the beasts of the field may break them.

16She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not hers, she hath laboured in vain, no fear constraining her.

17For God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he given her understanding.

18When time shall be, she setteth up her wings on high: she scorneth the horse and his rider.

19Wilt thou give strength to the horse or clothe his neck with neighing?

20Wilt thou lift him up like the locusts? the glory of his nostrils is terror.

21He breaketh up the earth with his hoof, he pranceth boldly, he goeth forward to meet armed men.

22He despiseth fear, he turneth not his back to the sword.

23Above him shall the quiver rattle, the spear and shield shall glitter.

24Chasing and raging he swalloweth the ground, neither doth he make account when the noise of the trumpet soundeth.

25When he heareth the trumpet he saith: Ha, ha: he smelleth the battle afar off, the encouraging of the captains, and the shouting of the army.

26Doth the hawk wax feathered by thy wisdom, spreading her wings to the south?

27Will the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest in high places?

28She abideth among the rocks, and dwelleth among cragged flints, and stony hills, where there is no access.

29From thence she looketh for the prey, and her eyes behold afar off.

30Her young ones shall suck up blood: and wheresoever the carcass shall be, she is immediately there.

>> No.22114721

>>22112865
confess your sins to an orthodox priest and ask him what you have left to do until you die

>> No.22114751

I suggest reading a lot of Heidegger to prepare yourself for death but sorry to hear

>> No.22114792

Where is NDE anon when you need him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-0SSKEALk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJSUAmR-I1o

>>22114751
I am a Heidegger scholar and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone

>> No.22114798
File: 1.46 MB, 2289x1701, 1683794072360317.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22114792
Here is a very persuasive argument for why NDEs are real:

https://youtu.be/U00ibBGZp7o

It emphasizes that NDErs are representative of the population as a whole, and when people go deep into the NDE, they all become convinced. As this article points out:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mysteries-consciousness/202204/does-afterlife-obviously-exist

>"Among those with the deepest experiences 100 percent came away agreeing with the statement, "An afterlife definitely exists"."

Since NDErs are representative of the population as a whole, and they are all convinced, then 100% of the population become convinced that there is an afterlife when they have a sufficiently deep NDE themselves. When you dream and wake up, you instantly realize that life is more real than your dreams. When you have an NDE, the same thing is happening, but on a higher level, as you immediately realize that life is the deep dream and the NDE world is the undeniably real world by comparison.

Or as one person quoted in pic related summarized their NDE:

>"As my soul left my body, I found myself floating in a swirling ocean of multi-colored light. At the end, I could see and feel an even brighter light pulling me toward it, and as it shined on me, I felt indescribable happiness. I remembered everything about eternity - knowing, that we had always existed, and that all of us are family. Then old friends and loved ones surrounded me, and I knew without a doubt I was home, and that I was so loved."

Needless to say, even ultraskeptical neuroscientists are convinced by really deep NDEs.

>> No.22114812

>>22114721
Catholic is probably easier

>> No.22114814

>>22112865
love you, anon. i’m sorry.

>> No.22114821

>>22112865
>Godspeed.
Instantly dont care. Better you die than continue to worship Israeli desert delusions.

>> No.22114822

>>22114821
>Better you die than continue to worship Israeli desert delusions.
>Godspeed
Oh my goodness you servants of the devil are just the cutest teenagers I have ever seen.

>> No.22114826

>>22114821
>>22114822
Don't turn the thread into a bickering match between religious and antireligious posters

>> No.22114830

>>22114822
Would you like some sauce with your daddy kike's penis?
>>22114826
Against just 1 umbrella of "religions". OP has had enough anons fellate him out of pity. He better fucking die now. The world will be a better place without a kike worshipper.

>> No.22114836

>>22112865
Mars by Fritz Zorn.

>> No.22114844

>>22112865
Ever read Leblanc's Lupin?
They're a comfy read.

For a gigantic doorstopper, i think you might really like TBK.

What kind of cancer, may i ask?
There's always still hope.

>> No.22114847

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsRVQWfqjms

>> No.22114848

>>22112865
Ecclesiastes and the Gospels.

>> No.22114852

>>22112865
I don't have a suggestion for you, my fellow anon. I do, however, wish you peace and comfort as you inevitably pass on to whatever may be waiting on the other side. If you find fear in your final moments, let it wash over you like a wave. Face it head on. Withstand the initial impact and as you feel the water flow back from your heels to your toes, back out to the ocean and its home, let it take you with it and enjoy your next journey.

Peace be with you, friend.

>> No.22115057

>>22112865
I'm sorry to hear that. Despite getting angry about most things I see on this retarded website I still feel a sense of kinship with everyone here. In terms of reading recommendations, to be honest I'm not sure if that anything will help at this point. I think it takes a very special kind of psyche to be able to face death calmly, and that sort of psyche is a product of decades of cultivation. You can't just rush that sort of thing. If I were you I'd go back to reread your favourites.

>> No.22115083
File: 697 KB, 1170x1634, IMG_0334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865
Accept Jesus as Lord, anon. Your body won’t last, but your spirit is forever and I want you in heaven with me. He is the only savior

>> No.22115087

we have this thread every month

>> No.22115100

>>22115087
Well people die every month. That iss the circle of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8FVHOJko4c

>> No.22115119

>>22114821
goodbye comes from god be with you

>> No.22115478

i will pray for you, anon. spend time with your loved ones, your family, read books that you loved when you were a kid, read anything you fucking want. i watch a bunch of videos made by people who are terminal and hospice nurses who their patients seeing their deceased loved ones close to death. think about how you’ll be able to spend time with them again. i love you anon. when you get to heaven please tell my little sister hi for me

>> No.22115498

>>22114830
>Would you like some sauce with your daddy kike's penis?
>gets molested
>makes it everyone else's problems

>> No.22115807

>>22112865
The desert of Tartarus trust me its the best

>> No.22116800

>>22112865
My father has metastasized lung cancer. I'm reading Ray Peat, making my own research and I'm going to cure my father. Modern medicine is the biggest Babylon whore.

>> No.22117000

>>22115100
i refuse to believe that people on this website die because that would mean it's possible for me to die in the same way and i'm not ready to confront that so it's all a larp

>> No.22117095
File: 1.42 MB, 5767x1841, bloom-county-gardner-obituary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Please be Gardner.

>> No.22118309

>>22115119
ESL here , this made me basedjack so hard

>> No.22118428

https://youtu.be/jfGjFHwnA0U

Sorry to hear that anon

>> No.22118441

>>22112865
Read the book of Job.

I dunno man, life’s been hell for me lately but I cannot possibly know how you feel. I hope there’s something on the other side. Because if there isn’t, I’d be fucked. We’d all be fucked.

>> No.22118455

>>22112865

suttree and dandelion wine.

>> No.22118675

>>22112865
When Breath becomes Air
The Sickness unto death - Kierk.

>> No.22118739 [DELETED] 

Thread was good for about 30 posts until every other post suddenly become either a tradlarper or a schizo.

>> No.22118750

>>22112865
Get redpilled on the holohoax, so you die knowing it isn't worth it to be alive in this hellish world to begin with.

>> No.22118873

>>22112928
don't listen to this clown

>> No.22118895

Don't read books. Spend your time with your loved one or doing a selfless act

>> No.22119098

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME READING. It's all coping for the future. You know your future, so indulge in whatever the uncertainty stopped you from doing.

>> No.22119455

>>22112865
I suggest to participate in mRNA cancer vaccine clinical trials if you can. I don't know how you can join them but it's worth a try.

>> No.22119652

>>22119455
That’s highly experimental and targeted at specific cancers.
The odds it’s even applicable to him now are low

>> No.22119669

>>22112919
The absolute state of nü 4chan.

>> No.22120489

>>22112865

I sympathize friend, I too have cancer and for the first time in years feel full of creative energy. what a cruel irony, eh.

Unless you've been explicitly told by your doctor that there is no hope, I wouldn't give up. Someone recently told me to focus on being grateful for the good times and joys you got to have and be happy that the shitty things in life (of which there are plenty) won't follow you to the other side.

Theres nothing more that can be said about it really, be well.

>> No.22120566

>>22112865
I know it's long, but Proust's In Search of the Lost Time Volume I it's worthy. Give it a try, at least the first chapter.
Wishing the best for you, anon <3

>> No.22121339

>>22118750
Based

>> No.22121531

>>22112865
the Bible in earnest is what you need now

>> No.22121538
File: 32 KB, 746x512, apu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865
my father had a nde, i believe death is not the end bro

>> No.22121569

>>22114032
Jai (pronounced Jay) doesn't seem to be good woman to be married to or be together with.

>> No.22122858

Harshkalash261@gmail.com

>> No.22123812

>>22112865
The Epic of Gilgamesh. I suggest the Norton Critical Edition.

>> No.22124160

Why do you want things to read? To help you come to terms with it? Or more to try and jam pack your last few days?

>> No.22124163

>>22112955
Holy fuck this is beautiful

>> No.22124263

>>22122858
da faq! pajeet?

>> No.22124266

>>22124163
it is

>> No.22124281

>>22124263
We Litjeets are more ubiquitous on this board than you think.

>> No.22124283

>>22114044
This is good.

>> No.22124453

The Tartar Steppe

>> No.22124468

Maybe a different kind of recommendation but check out the manga Girls' Last Tour / Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko.

>> No.22124471

I'll pray for you, OP.

You should probably read the Bible.

>> No.22124483

>>22124471
>>22115083
You God is a dead man on a stick.

>> No.22124532
File: 230 KB, 600x450, 1685188433615252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865
>meditations by Aurelius
>essays by Seneca
>enchiridion by Epictetus
>the bible, ecclesiastes maybe
Sorry OP, truly I am. Maybe even keep the reading to a minimum and go on a trip instead. Have some intense experience like a road trip across your respective continent or something. That might be the best use of your time. God speed anon.

>> No.22124535
File: 1.78 MB, 1734x1144, 1589345085992.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22112865
>>22124532
Oh and probably Mishima too. He wrote his epic knowing he would die. But Sea of Fertility is a real undertaking so you decide.

>> No.22124558

You could check out Psalms of David. I would slfo recommend "Joy of all who sorrow" but its a long book.