[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 46 KB, 700x641, 38 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22240815 No.22240815 [Reply] [Original]

Teacher said in class we should separate authors from their works as long as they're just fiction. But if they are writing essays we cannot separate it. He mentioned Heidegger as an example for lying about his antisemitism Is he right?

>> No.22240830

>>22240815
I don't separate anything from anything. Take for example Philip Pullman. He's a fiction writer. Yet, his writing is completely and exclusively informed by his extreme faggotry and obnoxious worldview.

>> No.22240844

>>22240815
If you can't find the antisemitism in Heidegger it is your own fault. It you can find the antisemitism in Heidegger it is your own fault. Act like a man and take responsibility for your readings.

>> No.22240872

>>22240844
this. i don't really think your teacher is correct. there is fiction that could be treated just like essays. like to understand what Orwell thought in 1984 or what any rand was doing. if you are willing to get external information for essays why wouldn't you do it for fiction? it is fiction but it's still created by a person in a society in a moment in time. it isn't entirely divorced from the world.

>> No.22240877

>>22240872
A man forces a hypertext into a text, like his cock into an anus or vagina: at full force.

>> No.22240933

>>22240815
death of the author is so stupid. when i was doing A level english in high school our teacher showed us all these essays and interpretations of the works we studied that showed how the lives of the authors or poets influenced that specific piece. then if we ever came up with our own interpretation based on research into their lives he would pull out the death of the author card. none of us had heard of it but after teaching it to us and giving us some readings based on it he preached it every single day. he still went on contradicting it with his own interpretations of the pieces and if any of us pulled death of the author on him he would go around sulking for the rest of the day. besides that, to say that a writer could not have been influenced by their own experiences, even subconsciously, is just ridiculous.

>> No.22240983

H

>> No.22240984

>>22240815
No. He's a retard. It's the opposite. Essays enlighten or argue, those things are irrelevant to the author's different opinions. But fiction encompasses feelings and foundamemral preconceptions. And your teacher is a jew lover, you shouldn't take him seriously.

>> No.22240985

>>22240933
>an idiot teaches an idiot idiocy
Guess idiocy is the rule. Don't mind me, I'm masturbating in the market place as a critique of the value form.