Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 376 KB, 1280x926, 408188788_a9416ab0fd_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2401460 No.2401460 [Reply] [Original]

ALLEN GINSBERG: MOST HATED MAN ON /lit/?

Even Kerouac and Burroughs don't get the kind of hate Ginsberg does here..... why so much hate for my favorite poet?

>> No.2401464

Allen Ginsberg
(1986)
from: Cosmopolitan Greetings: Poems, 1986-1992


I hope my good old asshole holds out
60 years it's been mostly OK
Tho in Bolivia a fissure operation
survived the altiplano hospital--
a little blood, no polyps, occasionally
a small hemorrhoid
active, eager, receptive to phallus
coke bottle, candle, carrot
banana & fingers--
Now AIDS makes it shy, but still
eager to serve--
out with the dumps, in with the condom'd
orgasmic friend--
still rubbery muscular,
unashamed wide open for joy
But another 20 years who knows,
old folks got troubles everywhere--
necks, prostates, stomachs, joints--
Hope the old hole stays young
till death, relax


March 15, 1986, 1:00 PM

>> No.2401465

Because a lot of his poetry retreads itself to the point of parody.

>> No.2401467

>>2401465
What's so funny about "out with the dumps, in with the condom'd
orgasmic friend--"?

>> No.2401470

I don't think he gets that much hate outside of the threads you create. Personally, I just dislike confessional poetry..it killed the art form...now we have slam

>> No.2401477

What makes poetry great is its lack of guidelines. You can pick all his "gay" poetry and use it as an example to throw out all of his other poetry... but once you say "that can't be poetry"... you kill it. Like art. Poetry is poetry because it can be as simple as completely uninterrupted expression.

>> No.2401481

>>2401460
Because
>I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
is tryhard shit from a man who came from a school of men who couldn't write for shit.
Idiots and 16yos think it's good.
Yes, I mad; a friend of mine loves this shit and my eyes are tired from rolling violently whenever he decides to read some out loud.

>>2401477
>What makes poetry great is its lack of guidelines.
No, it's not. It's a lack of guidelines that makes it shit and makes it bad prose. Vers libre doesn't exist.

>> No.2401491

Sweet Boy, Gimme Yer Ass
by Allen Ginsberg

Come on boy, fingers thru my hair
Pull my beard, kiss my eyelids, tongue my ear, lips light on my forehead
-met you in the street you carried my package-
Put your hand down to my legs,
touch if it’s there, the prick shaft delicate
hot in your rounded palm, soft thumb on cockhead-
Come on come on kiss my full lipped, wet tongue, eyes open-
animal in the zoo looking out of a skull cage-you
smile, I’m here so are you, hand tracing your abdomen
from nipple down rib cage smooth skinn’d past belly veins, along muscle
to your silk-shiny groin
across your long prick down your right thigh
up the smooth road muscle wall to titty again-

>> No.2401496

>>2401491
Come on go down on me your throat
swallowing my shaft to the base tongue
cock solid suck-
I’ll do the same to your stiff prick’s soft skin, lick your ass-
Come on Come on, open up, legs apart here this pillow
under your buttock
Come on take it here’s vaseline the hard on here’s
your old ass lying easy up in the air- here’s
a hot prick at yr soft mouthed asshole- just relax and let it in-
Yeah just relax hey Carlos lemme in, I love you, yeah how come
you came here anyway except this kiss arms round my neck
mouth open your
two eyes looking up, this hard slow thrust this
softness this relaxed sweet sigh.

>> No.2401498

>>2401481

Yeah dude cuz like free verse means no form.

Right.

>> No.2401501

>>2401491
I came.

>> No.2401505

That's an anti-progressive attitude. Forward progress requires experimentation. If we're not constantly trying to push boundaries... We reject the realm of possibility.

>> No.2401512

Like I said... you can use the "ew gay" excuse all you want... but I encounter little real arguments

>> No.2401526

>>2401505
Progressivism in the arts is sometimes necessary but should not be considered *the* paradigm..respect mastery, not novelty.
>>2401512
To me this poetry is just incredibly egotistical...why do i want to hear about his sex life exactly? There is no style to it nor any real innovation in form..it's just some bad prose broken up arbitrarily as if his brain has parkinson's disease..maybe people in his day were fascinated by a confession of gay sex but at this point, i believe we have moved past such gaping voyeurism

>> No.2401528

>>2401505
um what the leftist calls "progress" is really nothing at all to do with actual progress.

>> No.2401530

Have we? I'm pretty sure today it's still practically illegal to be gay... I'd say we haven't budged

>> No.2401535

>>2401530
why do you think being a faggot is a good thing?
Would YOU be here today if your ancestors were degenerate faggots?

Also: ginsberg is a typical hook nosed kike pushing degeneracy and immoral behavior

>> No.2401537

>>2401530
To say we haven't budged is just false exaggeration..and even if that were true, it wouldn't matter, because this kind of candid sexual talk in literature is about as old as literature itself (Ever hear of the Decameron?) so it's nothing new, and personally i think every poem Ginsberg wrote was a big ego stroke, or else some vain and transparent attempt towards hipness..I don't understand what william s. burroughs saw in these beatnik fuckers.

>> No.2401539

One time Dadaism was considered anti-art... now it itself is an art. You can't limit style... because even limiting style becomes a style... There are just come aspects of art (including) poetry where no matter how different it is... you can't use the word "can't".

>> No.2401542

>>2401535

Prove my point why don't you

>> No.2401545

>>2401542
Can you grasp the difference between "illegal" and "unpopular" ?

it's illegal to offend a faggot, its illegal to exclude them from a business or whatever.

But they can never legislate opinions, and people will never like faggots for obvious reasons.

>> No.2401546

>>2401539
Who is saying the word ''can't''? I'm saying the words ''banal'' ''uninspired'' ''derivative'' ''egotistical'' ''sophistry'' ''vanity'' ''dated'' ''the aesthetic equivalent of a prolapsed anus''

>> No.2401548

>>2401546
>prolapsed anus'

One of the many reasons why sodomy was illegal.

And with socialized medicine we're paying for all these aids ridden vermin's risky lifestyles.

>> No.2401551
File: 55 KB, 290x288, let him rot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2401551

>>2401548

>> No.2401559

>>2401542

I didn't mean literally illegal. It's an exaggeration. Are you forgetting it's still illegal for gays to marry in some states and only a little while ago it was illegal for gays to serve in the military... It's the last stigma to break free of segregation... both social and judicial.

>>2401546

Because it costs more to pay for anal surgery than to support a child for 18+ years? Risky my ass you homophobe.

>> No.2401562

Overrated to shit because of kikes.
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/04/why-mahler-norman-lebrecht-and-the-construction-of-jewi
sh-genius/?show=comments

>> No.2401563

>>2401559
>Are you forgetting it's still illegal for gays to marry in some states

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

They have exactly the same freedom to marry a woman.
>and only a little while ago it was illegal for gays to serve in the military
No, they weren't allowed to be OPENLY FAGGOT abominations who were making a political point of their faggotry.

>It's the last stigma to break free of segregation

There was nothing wrong with segregation, it's FREEDOM, never heard of the freedom of association?

>Because it costs more to pay for anal surgery than to support a child for 18+ years?

typical fucking faggot, viewing children as leech.
This is why you cancerous vermin should be murdered.

>> No.2401567

Ginsberg is rad as hell, fuck yall haters

>> No.2401569

>>2401563
Oh dear! An absurdly bigoted internet user. I'm going to write giant walls of text to argue against his obviously incorrect mentality.

Oh wait, he's a fucking troll.

>> No.2401570

>>2401563

LOL

>> No.2401577

>>2401569
No reply huh? You faggots will always be repulsive to everyone sane.

>> No.2401585

>>2401583
See
>>2401551

>> No.2401586

>>2401583
This is about opinions, there is no correct or incorrect.

If i started to talk about the existance and continuation of civilization, these faggots would tell us they don't care about anyone besides themselves.

>> No.2401594

>>2401563

Good point. Guise... I changed my mind... I'm a cancerous vermin that should be murdered... better waltz on over to /b/ for suicide ideas.

Oh but before I go... How is acting straight to be in the military any different from a black guy painting himself white to use the shitter?

>> No.2401597

i don't really care for homosexuals as a group, but i think ginsberg is a good poet. even reading about his asshole, i'm thinking that this is stupid subject matter but a good poem

>> No.2401601

>>2401594
>a black guy painting himself white to use the shitter?

hurr because they didn't have their own bathrooms for their own use?
Anyone who has a goddamn clue can see the whole "segregation is discrimination" was total bullshit invented by left wing stacked courts.

>> No.2401602

>typical fucking faggot, viewing children as leech.

And I was talking about taxes by the way. In the area of "risky activities that cause others to pay taxes when I get my ass ripped open as oppose to going out and getting a baby pumped in me

>> No.2401607

>>2401602
I must be all messed up, but i was pretty sure that men can't "get a baby pumped in them"

>> No.2401608

>hurr because they didn't have their own bathrooms for their own use?

Don't give me that seperate but equal bullshit... did you ever see a negro shitter?

"Unfit for Christian buttcheeks"

>> No.2401613

>>2401608
so it's our fault that negros don't pay much taxes and so have shitty looking bathrooms?

Or that they destroy and vandalize their bathrooms?

Here i thought we were supposed to be equal.

>> No.2401615

>I must be all messed up, but i was pretty sure that men can't "get a baby pumped in them"

Pumping baby, whatever... kid still gets thrown in an orphanage.

>> No.2401616

>>2401615
what the fuck are you even talking about?

Can you comprehend that, no you don't have to go out and fuck strangers every weekend?

>> No.2401648

Thining Ginsberg sucks doesn't equate to thinking experimentation sucks. Ginsberg tried new things and they failed. I'll give him credit for trying but, as with many experimentaitons, he failed so get off his dick.

>> No.2401660

>>2401464
I really enjoyed this. Oh well.

>> No.2401668

>>2401648
As a poet, one can say many things about ginsberg contrary to pop-culture. True, in general he was kind of mediocre although he does have brilliant, absolutely brilliant one or two poems.

However, I think his true genius is as an editor. I really think Burroughs didn't write anything resembling english. My cut is Auntie G. did all the work.

>> No.2401692

I don't think he would have became as accomplished as he did by failing every step of the way. Dr. Albert Hoffman failed at an experiment to make a respiratory enhancer... but he succeeded in creating one of the most powerful hallucinogens known to man.

I think what Ginsberg did, regardless of the way he did it... was far from failure.

>> No.2401740

Ginsberg is a stain on the beats. Dirty old faggot.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action