[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 500x482, KW-slate-02-lg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2457945 No.2457945 [Reply] [Original]

Kept asking /g/ but then I thought d'oh of course they don't read.

What ereader does /lit/ recommend?

>> No.2457948

The cheapest.

>> No.2457953

nook

One of my hoes had a nook. Shit was boss.

>> No.2457959

>>2457948
Which is?

I believe you, man. I'm looking for the cheapest.

>> No.2457965

e-ink

>> No.2457968

>>2457959
Just buy the Kindle or the Nook, they have the easiest accessibility to their online book stores. Or easiest to pirate their shit.

>> No.2457991

Kindle. buy the one with ads, it's about $100 cheaper

>> No.2458000

>>2457991
I am unclear on what "with ads" is supposed to mean. Do you get books from Amazon laced with ads or are there ads on the screen no matter what you're doing?

>> No.2458009

>>2458000
In sleep mode, instead of regular screen savers you get ads. And a small ad at the bottom of the home menu. I don't know why so many people are bothered by it.

>> No.2458038

I've got a Kindle myself, and I fucking love it.

>> No.2458045

1. Get an e-ink reader. Those look like book pages and are easy on the eyes.
2. Stick to either Nook or Kindle. They're the most likely to be around for years to come, so you aren't going to suddenly lose company support.
3. The Kindle probably has the largest library, but the Nook supports more formats. I've never had any trouble getting books off Project Gutenburg with my Nook, I don't know about Kindles. In either case you shouldn't have trouble finding books.
4. The Kindle has ads (or you can pay ~$40 for no ads). The Nook just has pictures of authors as its screensaver.
5. Think about how you're going to be using it: I knew I was going to be downloading a lot of free philosophy texts and I read a lot of out-of-copyright books are published in epub format (which the Nook supports, but the Kindle doesn't). I'm also moving to China soon, so it doesn't matter that the Kindle has better international access -- you can't get online either way (doesn't matter for me, I usually just buy my ebooks off my laptop and transfer them over).

I've met a few people with Kindles and a couple people with Nooks, and all of them seemed pleased with whatever they had. You'll be fine with whatever you get.

>> No.2458070

I highly recommend the kindle keyboard.

>> No.2458092

Was in your same position a few months ago

Ended up getting a Nook Touch, ~$106 with tax

Though it only reads .epub and PDF and no zoom, so magazines are out of the question, though I don't know if the Kindle has zoom

Go to any major electronic store to check them out, B&N has all the Nooks on display

Would love to see one with color and zoom but only for books, no movies, apps, or internet, which is what current color readers have

>> No.2458096

>>2458070
me too