[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 178 KB, 1521x2339, Creation-by-Adam-Rutherford-Jacket.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6215635 No.6215635 [Reply] [Original]

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/01/racism-science-human-genomes-darwin

ITT: Literature on Evolution

>> No.6215721

The bible

>> No.6216058

>>6215635
>race doesnt exist, racism does

What exactly does the author of this article want society to do about people of different colors then? There are a lot of issues where different races are victims to varying statistics such as the majority of people in prison are black. A lot of people are trying to reason this and attribute it to the neighborhoods people grow up in and stuff like that.

It's hard to completely disregard race when it is such a prevalent issue, especially today, just because of statistics. "Equality" seems more like the government disregarding the people who have it harder, (I hate to keep stipulating on blacks, but that's my best example) like blacks living in the ghetto, with worse public schools and more violence.

Race is just people trying to find an explanation and it's hard to dispute when you have facts and figures supporting it. Equality cannot exist in the modern world when there are these statistics showing that different groups have it worse off, since helping them will piss off the upper class (who feel like they earned what they have and these people should do the same) and abandoning them will piss off the lower class (who see society as weighted against them and they cannot dig themselves out of the rut they were born into)

>> No.6216080

Race, like so much biological nomenclature, is difficult to define.

That doesn't mean it does not exist.

>> No.6216158

>>6216058
Of course, but it's aimed more at the /pol/lacks that spurt stuff like "in 20 years time white people will become non existent".

I've grown up in a multicultural area and I love it. Some of my best friends are originally from foreign countries and some of the stories they tell are heartbreaking. I hope that one day, people of all backgrounds will be able to co-exist happily, but the education system is obviously broken when such a divide is present.

>> No.6216175

>>6216158

> I hope that one day, people of all backgrounds will be able to co-exist happily

lel, i'm sure your experience of multiculturalism was with young people or something