[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 150 KB, 1920x1200, Calvin Wallpaper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6797597 No.6797597[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

House music is postmodernia. We lost our innovative edge, so we turned to auditory hedonism in electronic sound: blasting my senses because that is the only thing left to do. It is arbitrary deconstruction of the tenets of music theory because there was nothing left to do with an acoustic guitar or a pit of wind instruments. And it takes a certain type to live in postmodernia- some ironic artists or some unknowing trendy Gen-Yers who've done enough party drugs to always seek out the stimulation.

I'm embracing it all; read the classics but create literary vomit, the unique flavor of vomit that only one in postmodernia could create with their access to everything premodern- it's as clear as Portrait of the Artist to Ulysses to Finnegan's Wake, Joyce's journey into a blend of hedonistic and sadistic writing.

It's as clear as John Cage's abstractions in concert, or hip-hop being proclaimed an art form. Everything's getting weird, and it's polarizing us; every version of weird that we don't embody we feel uncomfortable with, and we're being exposed to all sorts of weird. What's even more bizarre to me is that some people are still so normal, not making a statement in everything they do. Some people would reply that they listen to 'all' music, and that really means they digest 'no' music. If you're not getting down the rabbit hole in your hobbies, you really can't say you have any hobbies in today's world. Elitist? Maybe. Pragmatic for the postmodern era? Absolutely.

House music is so obviously postmodern. Mash together lines from choruses with cacophonous sounds higher, lower, and always clashing on the tonal register; wrap everything up with a loosely-defined plot and leave yourself confused as to what the fuck just happened but glad you can say you might have enjoyed it. All this stuff makes me feel like a postmodern hero: aimless, blissfully aimless, pretentious, blissfully pretentious, and out of control, blissfully out of control. The best part is that people listening to me think that I say something worthwhile just because it plays into the current trends of philosophy, but really philosophy has been extinct for over a hundred years. Nihilism killed it all- the welcome sign of postmodernia- and now we're here, setting off firecrackers in the craters of the barren wasteland. I, for one, am a huge pyromaniac, and the only ones I might char are the other fuckheads out here shooting the shit.

God bless America.

>> No.6797603
File: 6 KB, 300x200, shruggy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No argument here. House music should be abolished.

Trash-tier electronica.

Red flags for women: she likes House music.

>> No.6797615

>>6797603
OP here. I FUCKING LOVE house music. I FUCKING LOVE postmodernism too. I'm happy to be a pioneer of the age of obscurity. Put this one on for size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPlr-o-YEQ

It's beautiful because it just happens as it would; it clashes with every other depiction of such a moment in media, and it does it just to do it, and it leaves you wondering 'what just--why did I--what is this?'

>> No.6797631

Techno > Breakbeat > House > Trance

>> No.6797644

>>6797597
Your writing is so pretentious and boring, it makes me want to beat my head against the wall.

You managed to package an angry, asbergeristic rant which boils down to a pseudo-highbrow/ poser cognoscenti attempt at 'DON"T LIKE WHAT I DON"T LIKE' into a half-baked critique of a genre you know nothing about, beyond perhaps a couple hours of some shitty electro house.

Get fucked, EDM pleb

>> No.6797654

>>6797631
>Breakbeat
>Trance

I Seriously Hope You Guys Don't Actually Listen To That Shit. jpg

>> No.6797658
File: 163 KB, 303x566, pepe wet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797644
>implying it's about house music

>> No.6797662

>>6797615
This is good,post more please,a link to an album would be good

>> No.6797665

>>6797654
zany, you wrote down what image you would, but didn't include any other visual component
that's wacky as heck dude

>> No.6797679

>>6797631
> Techno
> If cancer had a sound

>> No.6797686

>>6797679
please cite the source on your second quote

>> No.6797689

>>6797597

yfw electronic music is still just catching up to Stockhausen still

>> No.6797696

>>6797597
>House music
>God bless America.

It's your own fault if you listen to american electronic music.

>> No.6797702

>>6797679
Techno is a great achievement. It proves that the human spirit, with all its relentlessness and mutations, all it's brutality and beauty, can be concentrated and put into a machine.

You are the cancer.

>> No.6797705

why are you listening to house music at home? its designed for a club. if you're not listening to it in a club, it doesn't really work.

also:
>EDM
>ever

>> No.6797728

>>6797705
ok
btw who'd ya quote

>> No.6797737

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSUu32d8b3g

>> No.6797742
File: 7 KB, 200x195, 157.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797705
>implying electronic music can't be beautiful in its own right

it hit me after the 50th remix of that new rihanna single that there's nothing that this monster synth has to do with someone paying back rihanna. it's just sound. beautiful, wanton, cosmic sound. set to a vague theme. and i wouldn't have it any other way.

stay listening to whatever tryhard 2deep4u indie meme shit you plebs listen to

>> No.6797745

>>6797728
me

>> No.6797760

>>6797742
EDM isn't all electronic music, its a term used to describe a style. also
>tryhard 2deep4u indie meme shit

c'mon son

>> No.6797777

>>6797737
last time I listened to this I was homeless in Berlin :')

thanks for that, anon.

>> No.6797778

>I've never been to a good club in Berlin or London: The thread

>> No.6797784

>>6797760
i like all kinds of music. but its only in the best of edm (read: electronic music, anywhere from top 40 edm to obscure-single-digit-views-on-soundcloud chillstep) that captures the kind of beauty, impulsiveness, and abandon of the modern party lifestyle. and all parties, at their core, are celebrations of life. and that's what i love music for.

pussy, drinking, socializing. thas it mayne

>> No.6797787

>>6797778
>tfw never been to the berg

>> No.6797793

>>6797778
Berlin is dead, m8. Get your ass to Leipzig.