[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 416 KB, 1551x1034, fuckthewar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
885467 No.885467 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Go into your docs folder and post one paragraph from your unfinished novel

>> No.885470

this sucks

Oscar found himself unable to go outside of the homeless man's line of sight as long as he was being spoken to. A psychic barrier of Oscar's own invention stopped him from taking one step beyond where the wall of the alley's edge would stand if extended into the street. The homeless man called again, “help me.”

>> No.885472

“It's a two hundred a fifty dollar fine, Will. That's what he's saying. Like, we'll get a ticket. Like, if we start smoking he'll start writing a ticket. Like, if you start smoking cigarette, he'll start writing it, and if you stop, he has to stop writing it. And, maybe, you can just smoke it really quick.”

>> No.885473

>>885470
Kinda

>> No.885476

come on e/lit/ists, its horrible but good:

“I've been taken here by friends, and I've had milkshakes before, and they were really good, and they said some magic words or password and I had something, really, really good. So whatever that was, can you make that?”

Barista, “What was it."

“I don't know!”

>> No.885478

>>885473
It does. I know. I wrote it a bit ago, and this is the first time I've read it since.

>> No.885484

He rose, water dripping from his fur. The girl cowered as he moved closer to her. "Don't hurt me," she said, aware that it was a useless gesture, "Please." He smelled her fear as he leaped onto her, his teeth moving instinctively toward her neck. He tasted her blood, and knew nothing but red afterward.

>> No.885488

tired of samefagging, i know you got novels, post!

When you finish your sushi, you put the plates in a little stack. At two dollars a plate, we'd eaten a stack higher than the sushi train before I ask for the checks.

>> No.885491

They're always remarkably calm, these agents. If asked "Why do I need to go anywhere with you?" they'll straighten their shirt cuffs or idly brush stray hairs from the sleeves of their sport coats and say, "Oh, I think we both know why."

>> No.885501

i'm actually no longer going to use this section, but i always liked this paragraph.

I wish I could change this one thing for you. Perhaps if I were a romantic I’d believe it possible: that I could heal you simply by loving you. But the truth is that I can’t change you; I realize this now. The truth is that I’m little more than your satellite, one of many pale gibbous moons passing across your skies, locked in orbit around you, my only light a reflection of something much brighter. Perhaps over time I’ll shift your tides, or draw close enough to outshine your constellations. It’s all I can hope for, really, and hope is all I can do. Ultimately, the decision will be yours. And in the meantime, you’ll keep falling: revolving around your cold star of imprecise memories and dreams of what your life could have been -- unperturbed by the concerns of the rest of the cosmos.

>> No.885537

>>885488

when i first read this i thought the "you" referred to somebody in particular. it would have been much more interesting if it had.

>> No.885544

Sirens blared far out in the distance as Freddy stood next to his slightly taller brother Douglass in front of the shimmering closet gateway. The colors danced around each other in circles with swift elegant movements. Purple, blue, and black worked with each other to create some kind of magnificent ballet. They were dark colors though, which made it look dangerous like the colors could cut your skin if you touched it, but there was also a tint of magic swerving and flashing within that swirl. That attraction of magic made the little boys eyes shimmer with the gateway that seemed to call them forward into its sloshy center.

:3

>> No.885551

A single sip of the fiery liquid was all he managed before the door at the other side of the room slid open and a large, balding man stormed through, perspiration patches showing through his suit, his face as crimson as the phoenix on the banner.
“That bitch! That insolent bitch! Thinks she can get the better of me does she!?”

>> No.885553

"She tried to scream once more out of reflex, a futile act, producing muffled squeaks as a pair of sharp metal rods sank into the white of her eyeball. Shadows obscured her sight as the needles penetrated her eye’s interior, blood swirling within the vitreous humour and producing a likeness of dark, floating threads before her vision in that eye faded entirely, the only sensation a fine pressure as the needles performed their delicate work at the rear of her eyeball, hair-thin manipulators flaying and re-knitting individual nerve cells."

>> No.885559

Every day without fail, I pass a bowel movement. This in itself I share in common with every other animal, but my routine differs slightly.

Before I get into the bathroom, I make believe that instead of just needing to take a shit, I am pregnant and that my shit is my unexpected child ready to come out. If I am alone the make believe before pooping is pretty dramatic, but I don't want to look like a retard in public.

During shitting, I push and grunt as if I was trying to force a baby out. I'm a guy, and I don't know how it would feel, but I try to use my imagination from birth videos. Sometimes I get so into it that I break a sweat. Anyway, after I am done I feel elated, as if I actually did give birth.

I feel so happy I start picking my poop up from the toilet and cradling it in my hands as if it was my new born baby. This evolved over time into doing it regardless if it was solid or not. I admire it and remain speechless that something so beautiful can come from me. Usually after 30 seconds to ten minutes, I feel disgusted for doing this and throw the poop back in the toilet and flush.

That is but a small part of my life.
Oh, the name's Quincy, by the way.
Pleased to meet ya.

>> No.885571
File: 151 KB, 317x240, robotnik.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/lit/ IS A GIGANTIC GAY FAGGOT THAT LIKES TO INSERT ROADKILL INTO HIS ASS, WHICH HE ALLOWS TO ROT INSIDE OF HIM FOR SEVERAL DAYS. HE THEN GOES TO ROB A SPERM BANK AND HE SWALLOWS ALL OF THE SEMEN INSIDE, SO THAT SAID SEMEN AND ROTTING ROADKILL CAN FUSE IN HIS INSIDES. WHEN THE SEMEN-ROADKILL MIXTURE HAS BECOME UNRECOGNIZABLE FROM ITS ORIGINAL COMPONENTS, /lit/ SHITS OUT THE ABOMINATION ALL OVER 4CHAN IN A DISGUSTING DISPLAY OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND DEPRAVITY.

>> No.885576

>>885559
Holy fuck Chuck Palahniuk posts on /lit/

>> No.885611
File: 69 KB, 748x450, a Jean-Luc Godard Week End DVD Review Weekend PDVD_004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>885576
if you ever take a creative writing class, expect 90% of the class to write exactly like Palahniuk

its great to be moodern

>> No.885647

Eugh... that stench of half-digested food and the alcoholic sting in his nose; it was a familiar feeling for any heavy drinker. It was a pain to open his eyes, and opening them wasn't really worth it. The room around him was dark and hazy, and his vision was blurred. The drunkard closed his eyes and rubbed them awake, brushing his greasy, vomit encrusted hair out of his face. Suddenly the world smelled a little better, though not by much.

inb4 it's a piece of shit.

>> No.885692

>>885647
shit

>> No.885693

The sun shone brightly through a cobweb in a roadside tree, illuminating tiny droplets of rain from the night before. Summer was almost over and the leaves had just begun to tumble down to earth in the most dreamy of manners. Of course this was all too insignificant for Chris to notice as he hurried toward the bus stop with his cool breath condensing in the humid air.

>> No.885702

The youth hesitated half a heartbeat, then dismounted and held the reins for the
Damphair. Aeron shoved a bare black foot into a stirrup and swung himself onto the
saddle. He was not fond of horses—they were creatures from the green lands and
helped to make men weak—but necessity required that he ride. Dark wings, dark
words. A storm was brewing, he could hear it in the waves, and storms brought naught
but evil. “Meet with me at Pebbleton beneath Lord Merlyn’s tower,” he told his
drowned men, as he turned the horse’s head.

>> No.885730

>>885702
Fuck you, George.

>> No.885737

>>885730
Oh jeeze, I would've rated that one pretty low.

Just goes to show that writing is the sum of many words rather than a single sentence or two

>> No.885749
File: 212 KB, 478x357, Pinhead Larry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>885737