[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 128 KB, 580x800, 1478720378639.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9782152 No.9782152 [Reply] [Original]

I'm dumber than a pseud.
I went to a Poetry Slam and criticised the "poem" afterwards but got BTFO
He just said "Yeah, well why don't you write one"

I read Descardes, Kant, Hegel and Nietzsche but never have I felt so struck in my life.

>> No.9782170

slam poetry is performance art, not literature. serves you right for going to the cesspit of anti-intellectual narcissism that is a poetry slam. was their polemic about being persecuted? or was it about menstruation or anal sex? those seem to be common topics anytime i find myself listening to a slam poet.

>> No.9782184

>>9782152
Well why don't you? Go back and perform it for him.

>> No.9782187

Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.

>> No.9782197

>>9782152
I fucking hate this argument
>durr hurr why don't you do it durr hurrr durr you can't criticize unless you're an artist too screw tha haters!
So you think basically every single critic in history has no right to criticize art? Fucking idiots. If you understand the field you are talking about, then you should be allowed to criticize a work in this field. Negative criticism is NOT COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. It is necessary to sift out all the absolute garbage in the world

>> No.9782200

>>9782152
Just write anything and line break it. You could do it with a blank paper making it up on the spot.

>> No.9782212

>Yeah, well why don't you write one
THIS is what got you speechless? Jesus Christ, you really are a pseud.

>> No.9782236

>>9782152
>offering unwanted criticism to an author and expecting something positive
you sure are dumber than a pseud.
you may have had a magnificent criticism, thennatural fallback would be 'yeah well, i bet yours would suck just as much' which is essentially an equalizer. you have already taken the hih ground of a predator by calling out their trash. the next move to checkmate is 'i don't disrespect my talents by exercising them in inferior formats'. you just got frazzled because you don't understand how to be a predator. if you said, 'well why don't i?' you're only legitimizing his work as well as his argument.

fucking pseuds. i swear.

>> No.9782281

>>9782236
>you don't understand how to be a predator
What's a good book on being a predator?

>> No.9782613

>>9782281
there isn't one. just be more aggressive. do all the things your bully did to you.

>> No.9782781

>>9782613
But more aggressively and authentically.

Like fake it and don't make it too obvious. Cry yourself to sleep afterwards tho to remain relatively sane.