[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.02 MB, 1960x4028, Snapchat-1285267234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11404012 No.11404012 [Reply] [Original]

About a year back now I used to take alot of acid, I started with 1 tab, then I would take 1 tab again 2 weeks apart, then raise it to 2 tabs 2 weeks from that, then another 2 tabs 2 weeks later and so on doing each dosage twice and 2 weeks apart before going up one, I did this until I got to 17 tabs and then my dealer stopped selling permanently. After training myself I was able to handle ALOT more than anyone I've heard of and without having a single bad trip either, they were basically 15 hour dmt trips once the numbers got so high. After stopping I realized it's as if my brain works completely differently now, if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain. Basically I'm curious if anyone else knows anything about what can happen to the brain after taking such large doses so often for so long, because I can't find anything online talking about anything as extreme.

>> No.11404016

>>11404012
>After stopping I realized it's as if my brain works completely differently now, if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain.
Try to explain. Start simple. Do you think it was an improvement? If so, why?

>> No.11404029

Well I wouldn't say it was a good or bad change, it's kinda like comparing an apple to an orange they're just different, in public the way I see people, the way I see egos, the way view conversation and just everything involving people. Altho the main reason I started taking the lsd was to cure my PTSD which had to do with basically 2 of my good friends robbing me outside my house and beating my to a pulp, so talking to people was difficult, after taking the lsd it helped alot but I realized it's not the same.

>> No.11404032

I used to eat a lot of ten strips back in the day and I see visual patterns differently, cope with difficult experiences easily, and it changed my perspective on pretty much everything. It's hard to say what other effects it's had on me. It's difficult to find anything other than anecdotal evidence on this because 1960 studies were primitive and modern researchers have no reason to study the effect of extremely high doses for prolonged periods of time

>> No.11404035

>>11404029
>good friends robbing me outside my house and beating my to a pulp
How were these people "good friends"?

>> No.11404041

>>11404032
Now that you say it, I actually agree 100%
I used to have bad anger issues and I've started to realize I can control myself alot better now, and it is alot easier to talk to people. It's like seeing everything as a puzzle, like conversation, ego, and just everything as a whole with people. And your able to see what each peice of the puzzle is, and you know where to put each one, but you have no idea what each puzzle peice actually is, it's like a 6th sense telling you where to put the puzzle peices.

>> No.11404043

>>11404029
>Well I wouldn't say it was a good or bad change, it's kinda like comparing an apple to an orange they're just different, in public the way I see people, the way I see egos, the way view conversation and just everything involving people.
That's interesting!
>Altho the main reason I started taking the lsd was to cure my PTSD which had to do with basically 2 of my good friends robbing me outside my house and beating my to a pulp, so talking to people was difficult
Fuck, that sounds horrible, Anon. Sorry to hear!
>after taking the lsd it helped alot but I realized it's not the same.
Do you miss your old self?

>> No.11404044

>>11404035
They where before the incident. suddenly they both decided to switch up on me together and I still dont know why.

>> No.11404054

I could be that I just miss my old self, but it doesnt feel that way, it feels as if my brain isn't able to go back to it's truly normal state.

>> No.11404066

>>11404044
Would these be African gentlemen?

>> No.11404089

>>11404054
>it feels as if my brain isn't able to go back to it's truly normal state.
Can you elaborate on this? I know you have said that especially everything involving people is interpreted different. This was also the case before you took LSD as the incident probably made you very anxious around people and lowered your trust. Reason I find this interesting is that I have experienced an incident similar to yours, without physical violence, but with psychological violence. It truly changed me. I haven't tried LSD as you have, but 2 years after this I have still not recovered from this blow. Hence, it might not be fully related to your use of LSD. It might be that LSD even has alleviated this. But I am not sure. This effect of focusing on egos might be many things. You might now be better at (or for the first time learned) spotting abusive narcissists (possibly to the point that you overshoot and see them everywhere?), or it might be more related to the LSD experience of ego death which I have heard about but have no experience with.

>> No.11404109

>>11404066
>11404044
Yea they were both the only black friends I had

>> No.11404113

>>11404109
Now how did I know that?

>> No.11404117

>>11404012
>What would happen if frequently consume a mind-altering drug over a long time period

>> No.11404119

To elaborate on how deep I actually dove into the acid, I got far enough that I spoke to this lady, I didnt actually see her or hear her but I felt and saw her presence. It was as if I had known her for my whole life, as like a mother figure, and it was like she was so happy to finally meet me and wanted to tell me how proud she was, and for some reason I still feel like she's watching me, watching all of us.

>> No.11404132

I agree and understand everything I said, but it's kind of like, for anyone that's taken lsd they know how your just able to understand things you cant with your normal intellect, but after your trip is over that goes away and u can't remember any of it. For me it's like I did it in such a scheduled and might I say "religious" way, because when I took that I truly felt like I was with the gods on high doses it got insane, that I feel like the door to that secret understanding is cracked open, and the knowledge leaking in is like the puzzle pieces, I understand were all of them go, and I understand how to make the puzzle, (the puzzle being and kind of communication) but I dont know what any of the puzzle peices even are.

>> No.11404139

Sorry there were a couple typos in there

>> No.11404165

>>11404119
>>11404132
Interesting! I would say that you could probably work on the feeling of being watched by this woman. Not sure what would work for you. My suggestions range from finding convincing arguments against it to trying to spot effect in others to see how it is possible for people to falsely hold this type of view. With the puzzles, do you mean that you right now still can make the puzzle without the drug, but you are missing the pieces which you get on the drug? Is the puzzle itself something that makes it possible to communicate with this other realm? Maybe you can then do this without the drug?

>> No.11404169

>>11404119
I'd say develop an interest in mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, programming, ect, whatever you're interested in. You're at a higher cognitive level then most people, you'll have fun with it eventually.
Start with the books Learning To Learn by Oakley and How To Read A Book by Adler, then Quick Arithmetic by Carman and then whatever floats your boat.

>> No.11404171

>>11404165
NO no, step BACK, Normie. This guy needs to get reading things like The Hermetica and Principia Discordia. The Woman is an Angel / Goddess and worker for God.

>> No.11404173

>Basically I'm curious if anyone else knows anything about what can happen to the brain after taking such large doses so often for so long
A lot of times when you take acid you have some insight about how things work and it translates to your day to day life. Important thing to understand is, sometimes those insights are good and useful, sometimes they are simply delusions. In your case, it doesn't actually sounds to me like you actually have some brain function alteration, I think you simply didn't have any right philosophical/spiritual framework to integrate what you experienced while on acid and make actual sense of it. The way you describe seeing things sounds like you might want to study Buddhist notions of no-self, dependent origination and emptiness and see if it makes any sense to you.

>> No.11404179

>>11404171
>The Woman is an Angel / Goddess and worker for God.
Yes.
>NO no, step BACK, Normie.
No, but I will step up.

>> No.11404195

>>11404179
I will totally read that I'm intreaged

>> No.11404201

I'm hittin the sack for now I'll be back on when I awaken

>> No.11404275

>>11404132
>anyone that's taken lsd they know how your just able to understand things you cant with your normal intellect, but after your trip is over that goes away and u can't remember any of it.
That's literally just the LSD fucking with your perception.
Just like it fucks with your perception of sight and sound, it fucks with how you think about things. Things seem all trippy and wow and amazing, secrets of the universe, puzzle pieces fitting into place... that's the distorted perception.
Think things that make no sense but regard those thoughts with total awe.
The awe is memorable; the nonsensical thoughts that preceded (?) the awe, for the most part, are not.
>>11404109
tl;dr: don't hang around niggers unless you like violence

>> No.11404348

>>11404275

not really true desu, mega shroom doses gave me insights that still stick with me years later.

>> No.11404377

>>11404012
you've basically just made yourself more schizo. Your noticing human interaction and ideology, most of us just ignore it but you seem to be permanently fucked.

>> No.11404382

>>11404348
or they just made you retarded.

>> No.11404435

>>11404382

ok fedora tipper

>> No.11404458

>>11404435
Most all the people i know who did the cid didn't gain anything from it. Unless being detached and rabidly married to illogical notions is considered a gain. If you are highly educated you may gain some differing perspective that you did not have before but it will not necassarily be a beneficial one. Maybe it could help you forget the trivialities of life ("ego death") but that is really only usefull for has beens who can not come to terms with thier loss of relevancy.
tl;dr: only do the shit if you are in the twighlight of your life and can't cope with reality.

>> No.11404490

>>11404119

Her presence and motherly love cured my depression.

>> No.11404531

>>11404044
>>11404109
Did they drop acid too?
Blacks often have really bad reactions to LSD and other psychedelics.

>> No.11404535

>>11404531
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diiSbL0kYG4

>> No.11404652

>>11404012
you do realize LSD has a cap on its hallucinogenic properties right? at a certain point it doesent get stronger

you are lying arent you?

>> No.11404669

This thread is proof LSD makes you dumb.

>> No.11404679

>>11404458
These are some of the most wrong and unwoke statements I've ever seen

>> No.11404790
File: 34 KB, 500x388, EBzavBBWsAE0-pK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11404458
>If you are highly educated you may gain some differing perspective that you did not have before but it will not necassarily be a beneficial one.

You sound like someone who googled if Einstein ever smoked weed, found an article saying weed just makes you slightly creative, and assumed that gaining insight is reserved to those who already have a extensive knowledge on some subject. This is an appealing train of though, but logically inconsistent. I dont need to know deep psychology to be able to intuit novel ideas regarding the psyche.

Tldr; It's not correct to assume discovery is limited to those chasing it

>> No.11404820

>>11404790
Yes i realized that as i was typing it. Applying the thought more to /sci/ pursuits rather than general processes. None of the people i know who did acid are scientists either.

>> No.11405006

>>11404132
>for anyone that's taken lsd they know how your just able to understand things you cant with your normal intellect, but after your trip is over that goes away and u can't remember any of it.
I've taken LSD a few times and I can agree with this. The puzzle pieces, the understanding to something deeper is just the rabbit hole in your own brain anon. You have to remember that psychedelics distort the reasoning in your brain, and like the other anon said you should focus more on that "awe eye-opening" moment than the jargon of thoughts that come afterwards. If you just seclude yourself to the psychological rabbit hole of your own brain you're never going to get answers to what you seek. The answers, as hippie as it sounds, come from they joys and beauty of life and the meaningful experiences that come from it. It's those awe inspiring moments on LSD or shrooms that you can take back to the real world and look at life in a much more beautiful perspective.

>> No.11405101

What you experience on LSD is no less real than whan you experience day to day. Both are equally absurd and real.

>> No.11405326

>>11404531
Both of them said they tried it once and it was the most terrifying experience in they're life

>> No.11405380

The easiest way of putting it is that I feel that I've done so much that I never completley stopped tripping. As if the things that you are able to understand on LSD are the puzzles, and for some reason I'm still able to build the puzzles with this "6th sense" but my brain cant understand it. I guess it's like the door that opens on lsd is just cracked open and leaking in is all the puzzle peices. I cant understand them unless I'm in the door, but somehow I've been in the door so much that I can still put the peices together, even with being oblivious to what the peices.

>> No.11405501

>>11404066
This made be kek

>> No.11405583

>>11405501
The one kid said his cousin gave him a tab when he was 6 and told him it was yummy paper

>> No.11405619

>>11404029
It gave you a shortcut to changing the way you perceive things, you could just as well have arrived at the same way of thinking of things through years of introspection.
I've done both copious amounts of LSD, shrooms, MDMA and cannabis back in my younger days, barely really touched any drugs in about 20 years though, might do some shrooms from time to time. I still do a lot of introspection and my perception of things shift around as I think things through, but the speed at which things change has very much slowed down from my psychonaut days. A solid dose of shrooms still moves things around at a rapid pace.

It's not some magic tool or anything and it's not necessarily "changing" your brain permanently, we do that to ourselves without pharmaceutical help all the time.

>> No.11405705
File: 309 KB, 309x360, 1496625737938.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have taken LSD before, I will share my experience with it.

What OP is describing seems to be common among many LSD users - the 'enlightenment.' I have also experienced this awe and euphoria. In my experience, the 'enlightenment' was so utterly convincing in its nature. I've seen it all before, though, people "feeling the vibes of the universe" or "the universe is like the brain, and we're all just neurons of the one big brain" and other audacious remarks about the inner workings of the universe.

I think it to be similar to one proclaiming the existence of god. It's most likely delusion, but one cannot disprove the existence of a god. It's like riding the wave of "...maybe a god does exist" - unable to be proven or disproved, "so I don't care what anyone says" kind of thing.

LSD trips are a deeply personal experience. We can never know for sure what someone else is experiencing exactly. I will say this, though: I tripped with my friends once, and it really did seem like we were able to communicate with each other on some "tripping wavelength." It was totally surreal and I know your "that's not possible!!" alarms may be going off, but, I was for certain that it was happening.

Sorry if my thoughts sound like rambling, but I've always found it very difficult to articulate my thoughts about my acid experiences to those who have not partaken.

I will say this, though. LSD is an absolute mindfuck, and there really is no good way to describe it if you've never done it. It's like my mind received a literal blowjob.

>> No.11405720

>>11404012
>>11404016
I feel and did the same. In a sentence, it's given my mind a permanent boost in ability to visualize and consider the abstract at the cost of being a bit more spacey which isn't a problem if you keep it charming. Can go into more detail if you'd like.

>> No.11405728

>>11404029
>to cure my PTSD which had to do with basically 2 of my good friends robbing me outside my house and beating my to a pulp
>>11404109
>they were both the only black friends I had
Blacks - especially blackS plural - will never be your friend.
Don't be deluded enough by political correctness to put yourself at risk of becoming a victim of nasty crime.
>>11405326
>Both of them said they tried it once and it was the most terrifying experience in they're life
>>11405583
>The one kid said his cousin gave him a tab when he was 6 and told him it was yummy paper

>> No.11405740

>>11405728
I know one guy who did it from at least 12 and often and it definitely fucked him up petmanently. I don't think it's even worth doing but the minimum age should be at least 50.

>> No.11405829

>>11405705
One time a smoked K2 with a friend and were were able to communicate telepathically as well, he was loosing his shit running around my back yard switching from acting like one animal to the next, and I was able to tell my sober friend beside me everything he was about to do and I got it right everytime, I'd say he thinks hes a cow, and he would get on all 4s and start eating grass, I said he thought he was a fish and suddenly he started running to my pool and jumped in with all him clothes on, this went on for a long time and he probably went through 10-20 different animals. If it wasnt for my other friend being sober and whitnessing all of it I would not believe it myself.

>> No.11405839

>>11405740
I feel that doing lsd at a young age can be good or bad, it truly doesnt depend on your age and depends more on your mental muchority, I did my first tab when I was 15 and I think it changed my life for the better.

>> No.11406403
File: 868 KB, 900x893, 1478992111992683550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel pretty much the same.

I think the reason for this 'enlightenment' is because LSD gives you more perspective on your mind. I'd compare it to seeing group from high up or your planet for the first time, learning new part of math like abstract algebra, set theory or calculus. Everyone knows how earth looks from its surface, how to do simple calculations or solve simple physical problems, but when you experience these things I've mentioned you can suddenly look past all your previous believes, misconceptions, lies and see things from new, much broader perspective. I think LSD works in similar manner, it puts your mind into such an alien headspace, you are virtually see and encompass all your usually thought patterns. It's like looking from third person perspective at yourself and your life, in a way that is much less subjective. It's like getting an life advice from friend when you are troubled, but the friend knows 100% about you. For me LSD seems like it's able to neutralize any and all kinds of delusions(in very broad sense) I experience, both consciously and subconsciously like from the sole fact of looking at world subjectively.

Also dropping 200ug tomorrow, wish me luck!

>> No.11406413

>>11404109
Thanks for the reaffirmation of my unconscious bias

>> No.11406480

>>11405839
>mental muchority

>> No.11406862

>>11405705
>>11406403
LSD "resets" your brain to that of an infant. The euphoric feeling is your childlike self rediscovering the world.