[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 67 KB, 640x640, YeSMJAeuIAoy-sXA2C_ISMkNtnbE4dlwKoiJ57WYiac.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11404252 No.11404252 [Reply] [Original]

I wanted to buy some tumeric/curcumin extract. I used to take it and it helped me with headaches as long as I took it for a couple months first, and it helps my friend who has osteoporosis, but she has to take like 10g a day and it's really expensive and sucks. I was wondering what sci thought of nano formulations of curcumin? Some brand I'm looking at says regular tumeric only has 3 percent absorption rate but theirs is 100 percent.

"Nano Curcumin is around the size of 45nm, while biological absorption channels of the body's cells have the size of 200nm. Therefore, Nano Curcumin absorbs quickly and completely, providing a much higher efficacy than Curcumin, which has a particle size of 250nm"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0268005X17315904

I'm not a scientist or anything so can someone tell me if this is just loosely put together shit to hype something up? I already know the tumeric works for inflammation I think there's plenty of evidence for that plus antioxidant status, but what about nanoparticle size for better absorption? They claim 250mg is equivalent to typical therapeutic amounts which is like 8g

>> No.11404422

>>11404252
Tell your friends to take estrogen pills.
The human body can't survive in the absence of both t and e