Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 757 KB, 787x569, IMG_20200409_082024.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11546980 No.11546980 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

There's no study that shows burgers cause heart attacks, it's a stereotype idea that meat or any other thing causes hearts attacks. It's probably created by ((dietitians)) in order to make everyone eat vegan food. Cholesterol does have a bit of effect on hearts but that's it. No major effect on hearts. Meats are delicious, more delicious than any vegan food could ever be. That pic must make you feel hungry and have appetite for eating meat. Right? Well that doesn't make sense because "muh humans are herbivores" said every vegan; because apparently we have similar features to animals, yep that makes sense. Meat should never be eaten.
I'm gonna eat meat no matter what. I don't give a shit. For every seeting vegan, a meat will be added in my diet.
Meat is healthy, it gives protein and no study found that meat had a major effect on lifes.
It's okay to eat meat!

>> No.11546988

My grandpa had a heart attack at 38 and has been doing great all the way to 75 since cutting back on meat.

>> No.11546991

>>11546988
Then he must be weak then. Meat doesn't have an influence on the average person, that's if they consume it moderately. If you say that meat causes heart attacks, then that means being vegan causes deficiencies. Being vegan is healthy and eating meat is healthy. You just have to eat them moderately. For me, eating meat is fucking delicious.

>> No.11546995

>>11546991
>meat doesn't cause heart attacks
>your heart just needs to be strong enough to withstand its effects
I wouldn't even say it's a given, I don't think there's anything that people consume regularly that will 100% cause heart attacks, sugar doesn't cause diabetes, but my other grandpa still had his toes lopped off, so I'm not gonna drink mountain dew all day and act shocked when I get mine lopped off too.

>> No.11546999

>>11546995
everything in moderation. meat is needed, so are vegetables. too much of anything is bad

>> No.11547007

>>11546999
Fair enough, that's how I try to live, but I'll still hold that a no-meat diet probably has a better chance of being nutritionally decent than an all-meat diet

>> No.11547010

>>11546980
>probably
So you don't know anything. Cool blog post.
Btw, of course it's okay to eat meat, just not in masses, as with anything. Also the meat you buy from supermarkets etc sucks ass. Full of antibiotics and hormones.

>> No.11547015

>>11546999
>meat is needed
lol no

>> No.11547016
File: 569 KB, 4010x2413, downloadfile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11547016

>>11546980
I was raised on meat, and I'm not sure if I'll ever completely cut it out. I just don't see any good argument for it besides it tastes good since it doesnt really make sense economically (that is, total use of resources. I'm guessing that there's more money to be made with animals than plants at the end if the day) and it's pretty bad for the environment, if you smart enough to care about that sort of thing.

>> No.11547019

>>11547010
>hormones bad
I enjoyed my accelerated and enhanced growth, thank you

>> No.11547029

>>11546980
bs
any red meat more than 100g/day shows up in statistics

>> No.11547051

>>11546980
>Cholesterol does have a bit of effect on hearts but that's it.
In that chronically high cholesterol causes the development of plaques that lead to a heart attack. Saturated fat and dietary cholesterol, characteristic of meat, elevate blood cholesterol levels. Advice to cut down on meat isn't a conspiracy. You can do it if you're concerned about your health, but otherwise nobody's forcing you to and nobody cares.
>That pic must make you feel hungry and have appetite for eating meat. Right? Well that doesn't make sense because "muh humans are herbivores"
I love scotch whisky but I'm not going to argue that it wouldn't be better for my health to avoid it or that my taste for it proves that I'm physiologically suited to an alcohol-based diet. Just eat what you want if you understand that there are consequences in the long term that you may have to face.

>> No.11547074

>>11547051
>In that chronically high cholesterol causes the development of plaques that lead to a heart attack. Saturated fat and dietary cholesterol, characteristic of meat, elevate blood cholesterol levels. Advice to cut down on meat isn't a conspiracy. You can do it if you're concerned about your health, but otherwise nobody's forcing you to and nobody cares.
The problem is with oil, not meat. While meat does require a bit of oil, so do many stuff you probably eat as a vegan. The difference is everyone is putting a large amount of oil in the meat.
>I love scotch whisky but I'm not going to argue that it wouldn't be better for my health to avoid it or that my taste for it proves that I'm physiologically suited to an alcohol-based diet. Just eat what you want if you understand that there are consequences in the long term that you may have to face.
I never said anything delicious is healthy, it just means it's edible. No average person looks at a shit he found in the toilet and decides he wants to it. This point was to respond to the herbifags who claim that humans are somehow 'herbivores' because of similar features towards herbivores.

>> No.11547314

>>11547019
So do your tumors.

>> No.11547744

>>11546980
You are simply wrong and throwing a tantrum isn't going to make you right.

>> No.11547945

>>11547744
Anyone who says 'You are wrong' and doesn't give an argument is a troll, a retarded loser or a kike. Shut the fuck up.

>> No.11548012

>>11547945
There is a litany of evidence showing how bad red meat is for you. Literal decades of research from multiple nations showing it.

>> No.11548538

>>11546980

If I stopped eating meat and just eat junk food like potato chips(which are a form of vegetables, hahahahahahahahahaha) will I be healthy or die from some other disease instead of heart disease?

>> No.11548541

>>11546995

But sugar does cause diabetes.

>> No.11548544

>>11548012

I eat more pork and chicken than I do beef or other red meats. I even eat fish meat.

>> No.11548558
File: 988 KB, 1280x720, 1579780459159.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11548558

>>11546980
what the fuck happens to a person that causes them to make this kind of post

>> No.11548577

>>11547945
>didn't give an argument to begin with

>> No.11548779

>>11548558
Astronomic levels of cognitive dissonance

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action