[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 38 KB, 400x388, 1nu1mt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12065803 No.12065803 [Reply] [Original]

how the hell do I fix adult adhd?
>I cant get anything done without being distracted
>even focusing for 5 minutes seems impossible
>I constantly forget things
>I make the most ridiculous errors
>always fail when I try to stick to a routine/schedule
>go on 6+ hour browsing sprees when I just wanted to check out a video on youtube
honestly im a neet that wants to get his shit together and enroll into a degree programme because it barely costs anything here but im sure that I will fail with my fried brain and completly ruined attention span

is a therapist my only way out of this?
>inb4 you are just lazy and adhd doesnt exist
fuck off my symptoms match with the dsm criterias

>> No.12065877

Yeah, I'd also like to know

>> No.12065882

>>12065803
Go to the psychiatrist

>> No.12065906

get those stims from a psych, and turn your life around senpai

>> No.12065934

>>12065803
Eat pure turmeric, you mention fried brain. i didnt know i had chronic brain inflammation before i ate turmeric, it has curcumin which neutralizes tnf-alpha(tumour growth factor) ,a cytokine responsible for inflammation.

>> No.12065948

>>12065803
Being distracted while doing a task requiring focus is a survival mechanism to pay attention to your surroundings and evade potential dangers. So let yourself be distracted for a moment and don't let your attention be capture by soul sucking websites

>> No.12066010

Do you have a genuine adhd, or are you just pathologically procrastinating?
>fuck off my symptoms match with the dsm criterias
ok, you self diagnosed so I'll assume you probably don't have it
There are many ways to get your shit together, but they aren't universal; some will work for some people, some for others. That's why trying following someones advice which worked for them will usually fail for you. Your best bet is to see a therapist so he can work with you to figure out what will work best in your case. Just remember that therapists are a lottery - some are good at some things, some at other, so finding the one that will help you might require going through a few first.

Funfact - procrastination is confirmed to be an age thing. Best way to fight it is to... grow older.

>> No.12066890
File: 434 KB, 1328x1488, dark-wojak-light-grey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12066010
>you have a genuine adhd, or are you just pathologically procrastinating?
Had to drop out two years ago because it was absolutely unmanageable
Missing assignment after assignment - massive problems with my concentration
If I was studying for 5 hours - I would only maybe study effectively for 15 mintues and the Rest would be just browsing the internet or looking Out of the window / daydreaming

After two years of depressing neetdom where I havent accomplished anything and Just wasted day after day - I really need to do something or I will have to say goodbye to any chance of employment
Also seeing collegues and ex schoolmates moving forward in life while Im still in the same spot is devastating

>> No.12066965

>>12066890
It's so much easier to blame ADHD than admitting that you're a lazy piece of shit.

>> No.12066981

>>12065803
How'd you get through writing this post?

>> No.12066998

>>12066890
Have you considered suicide?

>> No.12067022

>>12066965
>it’s so much easier to pretend laziness exists than admit that luck is the only meaningful variable in life and you have never earned one thing over less fortunate people
thinking laziness is real guarantees your score is sub 100.

>> No.12067032

>>12066965
you deserve to be hit by a car

>> No.12067035

>>12066965
What’s the difference?

>> No.12067038

>>12066010
What do you think “genuine adhd” is retard?

>> No.12067058

>>12067038
this board is full of NPCs struggling to believe that meritocracy exists, which involves denying the bad luck held by virtually all “unsuccessful” people. All successful people are morally and intellectually impaired and insecure about the looming fact that they do not actually deserve even one of the things they pretend they’ve earned.

>> No.12067075

>>12065803
Stimulants are the only effective treatment. Literally nothing else is close.

>> No.12067097

>>12067075
Not OP but have been feeling pretty much the exact same way with the self diagnosed ADHD and everything. Thinking of starting 200 mg theanine + 100 mg caffeine once the school years starts, but have heard mixed things about this stack. Is it good or no?

>> No.12067099

>Be me
>Can't focus for shit
>Hit the gym hard
>Come home
>Watch something Interesting about my topic of study
>Read 50 pages with 8 pages of resume.

EZPCLemonSQEZ

>> No.12067127

>>12067099
if your problem is solved that easily then you never had a real problem to begin with. so tired of privileged scum pretending they conquered their nonexistent trials in life lol

>> No.12067130

>>12067127
be honest bro, do you even lift?

>> No.12067165

>>12067058
quite a lot of angry words from a guy who believes in some sort of an absolute, higher power which makes everyone equal just "because"

>> No.12067185

>>12067099
Physical activity is well known to help cognitive functions. It's one of the reasons recess and phys ed are important in school.

>> No.12067268

>>12067165
where was that said or implied? if anything the point is that people are unequal, and those on the wrong side of that inequality should neither accept nor tolerate it and instead of accepting their suffering and enslavement, should work toward watching the privileged starve. If everyone can’t have [thing] with effort, no one should be allowed to.

>> No.12067300

>>12065803
Try to find a quiet place alone from everyone and their bullshit

>> No.12067331

>>12067099
In my case it didn't work out so well. I was jogging and doing calisthenics for, lets say 2 years. Sure, after exercising I would feel better for a while, but ultimately I just felt like shit because keeping up with my routine made me tired and it bothered me that I was spending time on making progress not in the things I really should in. Also, it was mentally straining, because I was thinking all day I needed to keep with my routine etc. In the beginning didn't thought it was a big deal until I realized I needed to eliminate as much straining factors from my life as possible, but that's another story concerning my specific case.
Also, just a protip: lifting isn't a cure for mental issues and it won't replace a therapy. Lifting is a cargo cult in this manner - a lot of people think they will be better because a lot of happy and successful people exercise, but the cause and effect are probably reversed. Successful and stable people tend to pick up physical activity because they can mange spare time to do it and have the willpower to maintain it.

>> No.12067376

>>12067268
Shit, I just skimmed over what you've originally wrote and posted under the assumption you said something exactly the opposite. My bad.
Basically my point was that meritocracy makes sense only under the assumption of tabula rasa, karma, or some other sense of fairness in the universe. but that doesn't matter anymore

>> No.12067523

>>12065803
>>12065803
Diet, exercise, sleep, socialize, change mediums.
Test personality, play to strengths, accept limitations.
Omega 3s, multivitamins, low glycemic diet.
Cardio three times a day, even walks help.
Meditation, mindfulness for 2 minutes here and there.
Wake up early, sleep for eight hours, and do what is necessary to sleep well.
Test your reaction to multitasks, pressured tasks, and play to your strengths, not your fantasies about who you want to be or should be.
ADHD has a social construction element to it which means your self diagnosis can be wrong due to other unmet needs. If you can't socialize but your body needs to interact with people, you will not be able to concentrate. Seek a professional.
Change the mediums you use to access information. Go a month without a screen.
Accept that ADHD is not an actual condition and move on without taking medications or read papers about ADHD and eat until you develop sexual disfunctions.

>> No.12067547

>>12067523
if you can’t meet your fantasies for what you want to be then life straight up isn’t worth it