Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 49 KB, 640x640, 9823a873-a607-48ce-a9fe-b7235111e12c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9881395 No.9881395 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What's a true fact that brainlets refuse to believe?

>> No.9881400

that Shane dies at the end

>> No.9881401

>>9881395
IQ has much less meaning on an individual level and instead should be viewed in term of the aggregate.

>> No.9881404 [DELETED] 

>>9881395
The Earth is flat

>> No.9881407

>>9881395
Climate change is real and caused by humans.
Dark matter exists and is composed of particles that only interact weakly or not at all.

>> No.9881410

>>9881401
This

Also, aliens

>> No.9881429

>>9881401
All top lacrosse players are pakistani.
Does this mean all pakistani's are top lacrosse players?

>> No.9881457

>>9881429
>pakistani's
point invalid

>> No.9881559

>>9881395
You don’t measure someone’s intelligence by what they refuse to believe, but by what they believe.

>> No.9881567

>>9881395
Jesus is lord

>> No.9881573

>>9881395
>GMOs are safe
>Birds are dino
>Nothing can go faster than light
>Time and space are linked

>> No.9881576

>>9881559

you don't measure it by either. You measure intelligence by the ability to make a story that works from the stories you have that work to create a story you didn't have before that works.

>> No.9881580

>>9881400
Who and what movie?

>> No.9881640

>>9881395
You can't use quantum entanglement to send information faster than light

>> No.9881644

>>9881395
Elon Musk is fraud

>> No.9881645

>>9881395
traps r gay

>> No.9881647

>>9881395
0.999... = 1

>> No.9881651

>>9881559
>>9881576
Both wrong.
Intelligence is demonstrated by the speed at which an individual, given the same materials as another, is able to learn a brand new non-particular topic.

>> No.9881656

>>9881651
It's not intelligence, it's just how lucky you are

>> No.9881659

>>9881656
That's why I said "non-particular topic."
What is implied by that is they will continue to do so on average consistently more than somebody of lesser intelligence

>> No.9881663

>>9881573
Only retards think birds aren’t dinosaurs. It’s basic cladistics and the morons in the education system are still teaching Linnaeus for some godforsaken reason. Humans are great ape old world monkey primate placental mammals and birds are avian theropod archosaur reptiles.

>> No.9881681

>>9881640
maybe we will find the way to do that without breaking the entanglement? Would you consider a sci-fi concept that allows it as legit?

>> No.9881688

>>9881640
Yes you can, sorry. Just bring a cypher with you and you can communicate from the other side of the observable universe.

>> No.9881717
File: 16 KB, 620x581, dumdum.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9881717

>>9881688
>>9881681

>> No.9881738

>>9881688
You can't manipulate what state the particle will collapse into. You also can't tell when someone else has collapsed the wave function of the particle entangled to yours. If you try to find out by observing your particle (eg interacting it with light or otherwise) then you collapse its wave function.

You can't just watch a particle flip from one state to the other as someone a lightyear away sends quantum Morse-code. The act of you watching the particle (via any kind of particle interaction) prevents the entangled particles from changing states. Also which state the particle will collapse into is totally random so you can't control that to send information either.

>> No.9881815

>>9881580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtoCw2iOTSc

>> No.9881899

>>9881663
>>9881573

people get so upset over it but birds are reptiles.

also

>people are animals

>reasonable consumption of resources and remediation is the only real solution to climate change, there is no magic technological wand to fix bad habits

>climate change went past it's tipping point a decade or two ago

>most crops are modified from the original form of their fruits through genetic selection of better crops by farmers, making them...gmos

>IQ doesn't mean shit

>race is more cultural and political than an actual scientific fact

>adderall isn't meth because they're two different chemicals

>> No.9881916

>>9881899
>birds are reptiles.
So are mammals. Also, all vertebrates are fish, all animals are worms, and all life is bacteria. Fuck you.

>> No.9881928

>>9881395
pure facts doesn't exist

>> No.9881934

Logic and reason are not enough for someone to understand the world.

Academic merit is just a consolation prize, money and girls are both far more important.

>> No.9881965

>>9881934
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end
-Spock

>> No.9881981

Determinism

>> No.9881995

The earth is unironically flat:
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlTVIMOix3I

>> No.9882010

>>9881559
>>9881576
>>9881651
Actual intelligent people don't try to hamfist a complex and nuanced thing like human intelligence into neatly packaged, grossly over-simplified ideas that make them easier to digest.

The measurement of intelligence is composed from a wide-array of items, including emotional cognizance, logical and abstract thought, linear and global thought, social awareness and capability, and way more shit I can't even think of. A person can be very intelligent in one way, but a complete idiot in another, and the ability to "understand" things easily is more based on how easily you can recall related knowledge you already know than it is on some kind of natural ability to simply intuit something.

Ben Carson is one of the greatest neurosurgeons in the world, and one of the greatest neurologists of our time. The same guy who is Ben Carson the neurosurgeon is Ben Carson the politician. You can't wrap up human intelligence into one neat, simple definition, because it is necessarily a highly complex thing that requires a complex description.

>> No.9882017

>>9882010
>Actual intelligent people don't try to hamfist a complex and nuanced thing like human intelligence into neatly packaged, grossly over-simplified ideas that make them easier to digest.
Yes they do.
They do it so less intelligent people can get the idea without having to think too hard.

>> No.9882028

>>9881899
>people are animals
Yes. I think the reason why psychoanalysis does so well in reproducible experiment results versus social psychology is due entire to the recognition by psychoanalysis that people are not meaningfully different from dogs or mice or monkeys, while social psychology has largely failed to acknowledge that our social progress cannot be treated as distinct from our individual, biological compulsions.

>most crops are. . .gmos
Disingenuous as hell. Cross-breeding naturally is not even remotely close to genetic manipulation in a lab. You're never going to cross breed corn and tree nuts in the wild, but you can do just that in a lab and make corn that will be harmful to people with nut allergies. GMOs are largely safe, but only because researchers are taking great pains to make sure they aren't making anything harmful and/or that the harmful things they produce don't leave laboratories.

>> No.9882037

>>9881395

Voluntary eugenics is the only way to achieve a Post-Earth civilization.

>> No.9882039 [DELETED] 

>>9882010
If you think that the definition "intelligence is demonstrated by the speed at which an individual, given the same materials as another, is able to learn a brand new non-particular topic." then you need to study up on how IQ tests are made and what they're trying to test for.
>Hint: it's the reason why they're timed
Based on your second and third sentence you seem to accept the validity of them as a correlate, however later on seem to reject the idea outright.
>You can't wrap up human intelligence into one neat, simple definition, because it is necessarily a highly complex thing that requires a complex description.
So I need to ask:
Do you believe that IQ tests correlate to this currently unknown variable "intelligence" that we're talking about? Or were you just bringing that up to describe how far away we are from actually being able to tell from looking at a person's brain?

>> No.9882041

>>9881395
[math]-\dfrac{1}{12}[/math] is a natural number

>> No.9882047

>>9882010
If you think that the definition "intelligence is demonstrated by the speed at which an individual, given the same materials as another, is able to learn a brand new non-particular topic" is wrong, then you need to study up on how IQ tests are made and what they're trying to test for.
>Hint: it's the reason why they're timed
Based on your second and third sentence you seem to accept the validity of them as a correlate, however later on seem to reject the idea outright.
>You can't wrap up human intelligence into one neat, simple definition, because it is necessarily a highly complex thing that requires a complex description.
So I need to ask:
Do you believe that IQ tests correlate to this currently unknown variable "intelligence" that we're talking about? Or were you just bringing that up to describe how far away we are from actually being able to tell from looking at a person's brain?

>> No.9882050

>>9881559
Belief has nothing to do with intelligence.

>> No.9882066
File: 798 KB, 1732x1065, gmos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882066

>>9882028
>Cross-breeding naturally is not even remotely close to genetic manipulation in a lab

Thousands of years of agriculture and trade has made it pretty damn close though. My point is that people are fearful of GMO's even though most of what we consider food staples today are wildly genetically modified frankenstein versions of what they once were. These are all heavily genetically modified from what they once were, but just in a more socially acceptable format that people don't even consider.

Pic related also cotton candy grapes exist as a testament to the power of breeding.

>> No.9882072

>>9882017
No, they don't. People who have egos about their intelligence take it upon themselves to cook up false analogies so they can show off to stupid people, and in the process make fools of themselves. I have never read a single academic text (including plain old high school text books) or research paper that attempted to neatly define the totality of human intelligence into a sentence, let alone some sound-bite catch phrase bullshit. On top of that, the vast majority of quotable catch phrase bullshit from famous thinkers about intelligence are either something cherry-picked out of a much larger examination, or are falsely attributed.

>>9882039
I think IQ tests only correlate to a particular portion of human intelligence, which is why we have multiple kinds of IQ tests, including ones that aren't timed. I think speed is definitely a good way by which to measure problem-solving skills, but is particularly useless in other areas such as internal emotional awareness, where you can become aware quite quickly of why you are feeling a certain way and then not be able to understand what you need to do to fix it. Part of the thing that stands in the way of a person learning something quickly has to do with getting past their own biases, which even the most intelligent problems solvers (read: big IQ) can have difficulty doing, especially if that bias is "is this my own fault?"

>> No.9882079
File: 18 KB, 432x403, stupid town.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882079

>>9881395
99% of the people here are sudo-intellectual's who are obsessed about IQ.

>> No.9882087

>>9882066
I understand what you're trying to say, but your picture proves my point. You can absolutely selectively breed for traits that already exist within a species and get some crazy results. See: any dog breed. But, you're never going to selectively breed a tree nut allergen into something like corn, or breed anti-pest proteins found in bacteria into potatoes that ends up killing people (both things that literally happened.)

You are right that GMO food is largely maligned out of general ignorance, but saying that natural cross-breeding is remotely similar to what is capable with GMO is simply incorrect.

>> No.9882088 [DELETED] 

>>9882072
Thanks for the clarification, and I don't disagree that there are other types of intelligence. Only that the majority of what we currently IQ testing for is found within that definition.
It is always valuable to point out the limitations that go along with such an all-encompassing definition though

>> No.9882093

>>9882072
Thanks for the clarification, and I don't disagree that there are other types of intelligence. Only that the majority of what we currently use IQ testing for is found within that definition.
It is always valuable to point out the limitations that go along with such an all-encompassing definition though

>> No.9882096

>>9881429
Nope, but it does mean that Pakistan has some damn good lacrosse players.
If a country has a high general IQ, it doesn’t mean that everyone from that country has that IQ, it means a hell of a lot of people and more have that IQ.

>> No.9882099

>>9881429
>>9882096
>If A implies B that doesn't necessarily mean that B implies A

>> No.9882105

>>9881395
Bible god isn't real

>> No.9882106

>>9882093
>It is always valuable to point out the limitations that go along with such an all-encompassing definition though
This is another one of those hard to accept truths that brainlets can't handle.

>>9882099
>if all As are Bs that doesnt mean all Bs are As
is a completely different idea than
>A implies B, but B does not imply A
"All lightning is electricity, but not all electricity is lighting" versus "All conditions which produce lighting can be found in a certain kind of storm, therefore all lighting-producing conditions exist in every kind of storm."

>> No.9882110

>>9882106
>"if all As are Bs that doesnt mean all Bs are As
is a completely different idea than
>A implies B, but B does not imply A"
This is correct. I was mistaken.
>Incidentally also one of those things that brainlets refuse to believe

>> No.9882122

>>9881395
Compensating for their looks through personality would dramatically affect the quality and quantity of mating partners.

>> No.9882162

>>9881404
OP asked for TRUE facts, not obviously retarded bullshit. Honest mistake, I'm sure.

>> No.9882163

>>9881995
Stop derailing the thread with obviously false bullshit, please.

>> No.9882167

>>9882041
That's not what the result means. Numberphile lied to you.

>> No.9882175

>>9881573
Did you get lost looking for /x/

>> No.9882187

>>9882163
>>9882162
>t. didn't watch the video or has any understanding of relativity
Space is likely flat. Which would mean that the earth is flat. Only that due to relativistic effects we perceive it as a sphere.
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlTVIMOix3I

>> No.9882222

>>9881573
>>>/x/

Here's your (You), now fuck off troll.

>> No.9882232

>>9882087
>But, you're never going to selectively breed a tree nut allergen into something like corn, or breed anti-pest proteins found in bacteria into potatoes that ends up killing people (both things that literally happened.)
Neither of those things happened. The corn you are talking about was not a tree nut allergen, it was a pesticide protein that was in animal feed corn which then cross-contaminated regular corn.

The only potato that harmed peeps was the Lenape potato, a result of *conventional breeding* that contained higher than normal levels of the potatoe's natural pesticide. No one died but it made at least one farmer nauseous.

So not only did you get the basic details wrong, your example argues against your point. Conventional breeding can and has produced dangerous products, because there is no way to tell what you're actually getting.

>> No.9882233

>>9881934
>Academic merit is just a consolation prize, money and girls are both far more important.

That a person's opinion is subjective to themself, and not an objective fact.

>> No.9882303

>>9881815
>qoute from some old 1953 movie

Christ anon, today's kids are into more modern stuff like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

>> No.9882424

>>9881395
There are no absolutely true facts.

>> No.9882437

>>9881645
Came here to post this

>> No.9882441

>>9882028
>GMOs are largely safe, but only because researchers are taking great pains to make sure they aren't making anything harmful and/or that the harmful things they produce don't leave laboratories.

Whereas almost no precautions are taken when using foods created through modifying their genes in the other several ways we've been doing it for millennia.

>> No.9882446

>>9882303
Truly Scrumptious dies.

>> No.9882473 [DELETED] 

>>9881395
All women cheat and your father who yoy think is your father is not your father. He is a beta cuckold that was tricked my your mother into taking care of your father's children.

>> No.9882487

>>9882233
You're assuming something being subjective makes it untrue.

>> No.9882493
File: 1.82 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_2018-06-17-10-49-19.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882493

All women cheat and your father who you think is your father is not your father. He is a beta cuckold that was tricked into taking care of your father's offspring.

>> No.9882495

>>9881395
cigarettes cure, not cause, cancer

>> No.9882506

>>9881395
We exist to improve the shared experience. To give is to share. It's a non zero sum game. I love you.

>> No.9882510
File: 2.81 MB, 1242x2208, IMG_0323.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882510

Humans eat fruit. That is what they eat. Anything else and you're killing urself

>> No.9882593

>>9881395
Qualia

>> No.9882649

>>9881401
But that also means that statistically common properties applies to most people so a person with low iq is most certainly stupider than one with higher iq.

>> No.9882683

>>9881407
Your a fucking retard
Dark matter is thought to be he cause of cosmic drift, the reason that the universe is expanding. How could weak force particles cause such a strong cosmic drift that it would outweigh the entire universes net gravitational force.

>> No.9882687

>>9881567
Praise be

>> No.9882691

>>9882041
>brainlet

>> No.9882732

>>9881401
>you can't draw any comparison between the minds of a downy and stephen hawking because IQ tests only work for populations
t. brainlet in denial

>> No.9882739

>>9881395
the prevalence of transexuals and homosexuals in the first world is due to environmental toxins (endocrine disruptors) and nutrition deficiencies.

>> No.9882755

>>9882487
No, he isn't.

>> No.9882768

>>9882739
to add- not making a judgment on transexuals or homosexuals, just saying that sexual systems are biological and there are all sorts of toxins proven to disrupt sexual hormones and function in consumer goods/food etc.

>> No.9882776
File: 17 KB, 250x250, 8f400ad723bca7e8ec9b43a91ac0c278.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882776

commonly believed physics equations rely on coarse approximations.

>> No.9882803

>>9881981
This tbqhfam

>> No.9882820

>>9882493
But.. if your father is not your father and then you find out your father but hes not your father and then you find out your father but hes not your father and.... then what?

>> No.9882823

>>9882683
Retard. He said weakly interacting, not weak force. They're called WIMPs - weakly interacting massive particle. Massive, but don't interact electromagnetically at all. So it's indetectable since all of our detectors use EM methods to observe. That's why LIGO was a big fuss, because it was detecting gravity, not electromagnetic signals.

>> No.9882830

>>9882683

you are confusing dark matter and dark energy

>> No.9882842

>>9882739
Both those sexualities existed and been prevalent when circumstances allowed for thousands of years. It is explicitly banned in the bible for a reason.
Homosexuality has been observed in other species as well.

>> No.9882849

When I got back to school my roommate and his friends were naked, high and jacking each other off like rabid mad men. Literally semen shooting everywhere, on the rug, on the walls, into the ceiling fan, into kitchen drawers, all over the contents of the coat closet, the cat could barely move he was entirely encrusted over by over a pound and a half of sperm fluid at different levels of desiccation, all computers and television screens were completely slimed. It smelled like a liberal household and gay rape.

>> No.9882855

>>9882849
How much did you insert in your anus?

>> No.9882930

>>9882649
It's not
>most certainly
but
>more likely

>> No.9882949
File: 169 KB, 1067x1070, 1528885888319.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9882949

>>9881395
"Real" numbers don't exist.

>> No.9882963

>>9881928
Wrong.
>OP has sex with men

>> No.9882983

>>9882949
this but unironically

>> No.9882991

>>9881395
Anyone obsessed with brainlets is one.

>> No.9883070

>>9881395
Free will doesn't exist.

>> No.9883078

>>9883070
your mom doesnt exist, prove me wrong /sci/

>> No.9883090

>>9883070
Once I woke up under the guise of some half-baked hallucination that whenever I moved to stand up the universe would progress to be destroyed. I tried sitting up but had to sit down again because not doing so would cause the universe to be destroyed. I thought "well damn it, that kinda sucks". After a minute or so of pondering something snapped and I realised "that isn't how the universe works", stood up and went about my day.

>> No.9883100
File: 107 KB, 650x489, 1531500917611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883100

>>9881573
>implying transgenic crops are unsafe
Shiggy

>> No.9883118

>>9882510
What about insects?

>> No.9883190

>>9882493
[citation needed]
If that were the case I wouldn't be a carbon copy of my father appearance-wise

>> No.9883198

>>9881899

>race is more cultural and political than an actual scientific fact

bait

>> No.9883216

>>9881395
you can build computers using light as medium.

>> No.9883225

>>9881395
>the world is round
>gravity is real
>there is no firmament
>Antarctica is just a lump of ice on the bottom of the world because of lack of solar radiation
>alternative news websites are not a physics manual
2018 and this still needs to be said

>> No.9883229

>>9882493
Would be true if my father wasn't a 6'1 190lb 9" chad

>> No.9883237

>>9881407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpkTKZoq48
related

>> No.9883245

>>9882493
wouldnt that make my actual father kinda alpha tho?

>> No.9883259

>>9883225
>the world is round
Yes.
>gravity is real
An effect.
>there is no firmament
Radiation belts?
>Antarctica is just a lump of ice on the bottom of the world because of lack of solar radiation
And mountains, a continent, volcanoes, rivers...
>alternative news websites are not a physics manual
Miles Mathis is awesome though.

>> No.9883435

The earth is flat

>> No.9883483

>>9881899
>adderall isn't meth
the main difference in effect, is that meth has fewer negative side effects but lasts longer.

>> No.9883497

>>9882487
No I'm not. What the person said may certainly be true to themself, but that doesn't make it a fact.

This thread is about facts, not personal truths, and anybody who cannot accept this fact is a confirmed penny-eating brainlet.

>> No.9883498

>>9881395
God isn't real.

>> No.9883500

>>9882105
No god is real. Brainlet DETECTED.

>> No.9883504
File: 712 KB, 1126x889, Van allen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883504

>>9883259
>Radiation belts?
you can go around them pretty easily, bud, they are also very dynamic so firmament would be a misnomer.

>> No.9883511

>>9883225
>Antarctica is just a lump of ice on the bottom of the world because of lack of solar radiation

False. Antartica is a full-blown continental landmass. It just so happens to have drifted to the south pole and become covered in ice.

>> No.9883512

>>9883229
>6'1 190lb 9" chad
Anon...why do you know your father's dicksize?

>> No.9883513

>>9883483
>the main difference in effect, is that meth has fewer negative side effects but lasts longer [citation needed].

Tftfy

>> No.9883517

>>9883500
>No god is real
thats what he said.

>> No.9883519

>>9883513
>>the main difference in effect, (according to my own personal experiences) is that meth has fewer negative side effects but lasts longer
ftfy u happy now?

>> No.9883524

traps aren’t gay

>> No.9883534

>>9883190
Other anon but he was probably mis-lead by a ~1970 sociologist who is largely discredited.
It's now estimated that 1-3% of children raised in the west are non-biological fathers raising another man's baby
Thankfully, when it comes to phenotype the father generally has an advantage in expressing traits and you will be able to tell.
>http://insidestory.org.au/the-fatherhood-myth/
>https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-chances-that-your-dad-isnt-your-father-24802

>> No.9883540
File: 406 KB, 800x3455, 3243249823473249823478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883540

>>9883483
>>9883519
Your personal experiences aren't going to save your body from the long-term negative side effects of adderall

>> No.9883541

>>9882010
>The same guy who is Ben Carson the neurosurgeon is Ben Carson the politician. You can't wrap up human intelligence into one neat, simple definition
Although I agree that Donald Trump is a genius, you're really grasping at straws here by classifying WIS, CHA, and DEX and experience points all as types of INT and then trying to argue that intelligence is just too complicated to measure. I can understand telling it to yourself as a coping strategy when others seem to be smarter than you--"they're school-smart but not STREET-SMART like me"--but why are you broadcasting this nonsense on an anonymous image board?

>> No.9883542

>>9883540
I took it a few times about 15yrs ago, i think im gonna be fine.

>> No.9883543

>>9883540
My original point still stands; meth has fewer side effects.

>> No.9883544

>>9883542
It's mainly the tards who get prescribed it daily for decades who are fucked

>> No.9883550

>>9883543
That's a pretty stupid point.
Kind of like saying prescription opioids have less negative side effects as heroin therefore they're grand.
Sure, but one being legal and by comparison socially acceptable makes it far more dangerous than the other

>> No.9883552
File: 24 KB, 400x400, 3JIcas71_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883552

>>9883540
>effects of adderall:
>viral hepatitis

>> No.9883555

The universe’s conditions are so hostile to space colonization that post-solar expansion may not even be physically viable no matter what technological level we achieve.

>> No.9883558

>>9883552
Meth doesn't fuck around

>> No.9883567

>>9883543
>amphetamine with shorter half-life will have less side effects than amphetamine with longer half-life
what did he mean by this?

>> No.9883574

>>9883512
Our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our fucks, especially since they're such a good duże and all.

>> No.9883576

>>9883500
Maybe, but not the one described in the bible

>> No.9883577

>>9881395
/sci/ is a terrible source for information about anything.

>> No.9883578

>>9883567
I'm sure he was trying to make some retarded point to justify his drug addiction

>> No.9883579

>>9883555
>no mater what technological level we achieve
dumb

>> No.9883589

>>9883579
Technology is not magic, anon. If you achieve a high enough level of magic, you can conjure anything out of thin air. Technology, unfortunately, does not work that way.

>> No.9883597

>>9881395
Numbers less than 1 don't exist.

>> No.9883628

>>9883550
i never said either was grand. i would never seek to consume amphetamines again. you are putting words in my mouth.

>> No.9883629

>>9883578
no. i am not addicted to amphetamines of any variety. i have only used them less than a dozen times in my entire life and its been over 5 years since the last time. i think you are projecting.

>> No.9883630

>>9881647
>0.999... = 1
this

>> No.9883700

>>9883519
Yes I am. If you don't know the difference between anecdotal and causal evidence then you don't belong on this board.

>> No.9883710

>>9883540
I call bullshit on this. I've been on various meds since I was 9 and have exactly one of those symptoms (reduced appetite, which I refuse to distinguish from weight loss for obvious reasons). I'm 23 now. Only an actual brainlet holds facebook infographics as gospel.

>> No.9883714

>>9883710
How retarded do you have to be to think that the image is implying that you'll get every one of those symptoms?

>> No.9883716

>>9883540
>>9883710
Also, it distinctly says these are effects of Adderal ABUSE. So you may be right in that it's safer to abuse meth than Adderal, but don't go implying that we should be using methamphetamine to treat ADHD.

>> No.9883718

>>9883714
I don't think that, but listing EVERY single possible side effect is nothing more than a scare tactic and I'm calling him out on his bullshit.

>> No.9883719

>>9883716
What do you believe is the safe amount of adderall for which you wouldn't be more likely to see these effects when compared to the general population?

>> No.9883721

>>9883718
>How retarded do you have to be?
Thanks for unwittingly answering my question.
Potential side effects aren't "scare tactics," retard.

>> No.9883727
File: 1.46 MB, 1732x2162, 1519706587225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883727

that morality is better understood scientifically than philosophically

>> No.9883732

>>9883721
>>9883718
Moreover the fact that doctors don't disclose these risks to you boarders on unethical behavior.

>> No.9883747

>>9883719
I'm not going to pretend to know that because I'm not a fucking psychiatrist/doctor. I know how much is good for me but I know fuck all about how much is too much for the person behind me in the drugstore, and neither do you. Also, as I said in my next comment, those are side effects of ABUSE. If you ise it the way you supposed to then I doubt most people are going to be any worse off than the general populace. But until one of us produces numbers, all we can do is argue opinions on a Lithuanian badket weaving forum.
>inb4 any amount is too much durr

>>9883721
>Potential side effects aren't "scare tactics," retard.
The way you presented them says nothing about how likely it is for somebody to suffer each side effect and implies that it's just as likely your fucking kidneys will explode as it is that you might have a bad taste in your mouth for an hour, which I *highly* doubt is anywhere near true.

Also, as I previously pointed out what you're presenting is the effects of Adderal abuse, which is like saying we should be using heroin to manage pain instead of something like Percocet because Percocet has more dangerous side effects if you abuse it, which is a very stupid thing to say.

>> No.9883748 [DELETED] 

>>9881395
"Electrons" move in flux and very quickly at that.

>> No.9883752

>>9883550
>therefore they're grand
No one saying it's optimal but to demonize medications the way you are doing is irrational.. for some people in less than ideal situations they are solutions, regardless of cultural acceptability or even legality.

>> No.9883753

>>9883747
>I know how much is good for me
> I've been on various meds since I was 9 and have exactly one of those symptoms
Obviously not, as even your perscribed dose has lead to side effects.
Here's the kicker: 14 years isn't considered "long-term"
>it's just as likely your fucking kidneys will explode
Prolonged regular exposure to amphetamines WILL lead to kidney DAMAGE
Just because that damage doesn't always result in failure doesn't mean it's useless to point out

>> No.9883755
File: 172 KB, 1280x1920, SUCH_HOT_MIXED_GRILL2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883755

>>9883628
>i would never seek to consume amphetamines again
it's because you're afraid of stimfapping to trap porn huh?

you pussy

>> No.9883757

>>9883752
Perhaps you're misunderstanding my issue.
I don't believe that any psychiatric drugs are meant to be used indefinitely
They are, however, regularly prescribed as such

>> No.9883760
File: 15 KB, 500x423, hjk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883760

>>9883716
>we should be using methamphetamine to treat ADHD
what is Desoxyn?

>> No.9883763

>>9883755
>stimfapping to traps
yes, this is a major concern.

>> No.9883767

>>9883747
>I'm not a fucking psychiatrist/doctor.
>implying they are not using textbooks written by biased pharma fags and succumbing to FDA/DEA regulatory pressure and cultural superstitions

t. some of my friends are psychiatrists and they are absolutely BATSHIT, like cookooo for coco puffs status.. prescribing kids antiåpsychotics and shit, electric shock therapy, etc etc

>> No.9883772
File: 50 KB, 540x775, 23423432432432432.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883772

>>9883763
why are you so afraid of being gay?

that's irrational

>> No.9883777

>>9883757
>I don't believe that any psychiatric drugs are meant to be used indefinitely
then youre a dogmatic faggot fuck

in certain cases there are benefits especially when the individual's situation is less than ideal..

but then again taking drugs also has upsides and is also a choice so it's not just as simple as some kind of "disease"

>> No.9883778

>>9881395
All things are actively generated in flux.
Space is time.
Purely 2 dimensional things are impossible.

>> No.9883779

>>9883777
>Because I made a generalized statement that is true for 99.999% of people, therefore I must be dogmatic
No group is defined by it's outliers, retard

>> No.9883790

>>9883779
>more like a statement which applies to 9/10 people to 3/4 people

and in the modern world the outliers categorize MILLIONS of people

yeah no shit a fucking healthy NORMIE shouldn't take fucking drugs every day unless it's coffee or nicotine or weed..

>> No.9883794

>>9883753
>Obviously not, as even your perscribed dose has lead to side effects.
Any dosage for me (and to my knowledge anyone else) leads to loss of apetite, so fuck off.
>Prolonged regular exposure to amphetamines WILL lead to kidney DAMAGE [citation needed].
And if we assume what you say is true (even at low doses) then congrats, I picked a bad example. Still doesn't refute my main point that you are using an intentionally misleading, irrelevant chart to further a very unintelligent point of view.
>Just because that damage doesn't always result in failure doesn't mean it's useless to point out
No, but the fact that it only lists the most severe possible outcome (renal failure) instead of listing it ALONGSIDE the alleged much more common but less severe side effect (kidney damage) furthers my point that your infographic is intended to scare more than inform.

>> No.9883797

>>9883779
oh yeah btw as we were talking about psychiatric medication that implies we aren't talking about your average HEALTHY NORMAL person..


life is a series of compromises.. if the benefits of some dosing regimen outways the negatives then it's overall beneficial.. and it's up to INDIVIDUALS, not doctors, bureaucrats, fags like you on message boards, or police, whether those kinds of pharmacological compromises are worth it.. MANY times they objectively are worth it and there are many cases where people benefitted from taking some everyday even though it's considered harmful for healthy people, but in their situation their lives improved.

>> No.9883803

>>9883767
>t. cherry picking anecdotal evidence
>assuming all psychiatrists are quacks because a few are
I bet you're one of those BLM faggots too that thinks we should abolish the police force.

>> No.9883813

>>9883790
Psychiatry doesn't even attempt to cure. Only to ease symptoms.
This is my issue with the field at large, and how it produces sycophantic dipshits like you who think they understand the effects of a drug just because it helps you.
Here's the sad truth about adderall:
It would be beneficial to the vast majority of society to take
We, however, recognize how dangerous extended use is and therefore discourage it outside of "those who need it."
Funny how somebody with ADHD and somebody without it receive the exact same benefits to the point where some have called its use in universities an "epidemic."
But please, keep telling me why you need those pills.

>> No.9883830

>>9883772
It's more to do with the time wasted and sleep lost. Fapping shouldnt take 6 hrs.

>> No.9883855

>>9883803
>BLM faggots
nah im a morally superior anarcho capitalist and i've UNFORTUNATELY met and been forced to get to know something like a dozen psychiatrists and they are ALL insufferable authoritarian quacks.. that is not a fucking coincidence. They got into that field specifically because they want to control others and because they are crazy themselves and they feel entitled to being the gatekeeper between individuals and their drugs. But also the quacky part where they think that they have the right to force people to take drugs or electro shock therapy. And the biased part where they think their textbooks are holy books and that SSRIs really have any noticeable effect besides numbing and that people should take them for the rest of their lives like vitamins.

QUACKS.

>> No.9883856

>>9883830
It does when you're on adderal

>> No.9883860

>>9883803
i bet you're one of those sycophantic retards that fantasizes about other men getting to tell you what to do and have authority over you more than theyu already do.

I bet you're one of those bootlickinng cucks that wants to bring back "institutionalization" and lock up anyone who you judge to be unworthy in deep underground bases full of men in white coats.

I bet you worship the police state.

>> No.9883861

>>9883830
my record is 48hrs come at me fgt

>> No.9883879

>>9883813
>>9883813
>Psychiatry doesn't even attempt to cure. Only to ease symptoms.
nah it attempts to control and enslave

>sycophantic dipshits
nah youre the one worshipping authority

>understand the effects of a drug just because it helps you
i dont fucking mess around with fucking drugs because im not a fucking idiot but ive seen countless people go from pathetic homeless pieces of shit to having a job and a family thanks to a proper dosing regimen because I did volunteer work for years.

AND I FUCKING UNDERSTAND HOW THE DRUGS WORK JUST AS WELL AS THE FUCKING DOCTORS. YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR 8 YEARS LEARNING ABOUT ALL OTHER MANNERS OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY TO KNOW ABOUT RECEPTOR SITES AND ANTAGONISM ETC ETC:.

>understand the effects of a drug just because it helps you.

half of people are now trap fapping faggots

>therefore discourage it outside of "those who need it."

YOU DONT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DECIDE WHO THAT FUCKING IS MOTHERFUCKER

YOU ARE NOT GOD

YOU ARE JUST A FUCKING HUMBLE FAGGOT

INDIVIDUALS HAVE SOVEREIGNTY OVER THEIR OWN BODY AND MINDS AND ARE MUCH MORE QUALIFIED TO MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT WHICH COMPROMISES THEY WANT TO SUBJECT THEMSELVES TO!

>how somebody with ADHD and somebody without it

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE "IT CALMS ADHD SUFFERERS DOWN" MYTH?!??!?!?!

NO FUCKING SHIT THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER!! I USED TO WATCH LITTLE KIDS IN 5TH GRADE TWEAK THE FUCK OUT!!

THE POINT THOUGH IS THAT IS ANY "HARMFUL" DRUG CAN ALSO BE BENEFICIAL TO SOMEONE EVEN TAKEN DAILY OR EVEN FUCKING HOURLY!!!

YOU ARE NOT GOD.. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT AS "AVERAGE" AS YOU AND WOULD BENEFIT FROM TAKING SOMETHING DAILY THAT HARMS YOU!

>> No.9883894

>>9883855
>nah im a morally superior
Opinion discarded.

Also, that's why I shopped around to find a psychiatrist who actually gives a shit and is actually working towards getting my younger brother completely off ADHD medication. I'm sorry all your friends are sociopathic control freaks, but I guess that's why you're frinds with them in the first place.

>> No.9883895

>>9883860
Everything you just said is incorrect. The world isn't always as black an white as you brainlets would like to believe.

>> No.9883901

>>9883879
God i fucking hate summer kiddies.

>> No.9883908

>lim(sinx) = DNE
>lim(cosx) = DNE

non-brainlets know that lim(sinx) = 0 and lim(cosx) = 1

>> No.9883915
File: 855 KB, 500x281, turn_smug.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883915

>>9883894
>Opinion discarded.
it's the only idealogy with any consistency

Think about it.. every empire that forgot the virtue of limited government fell. We have a distinct obligation to have as little authoritarianism as possible.

Also you are wasting your fucking time with your faggot doctor you cuck. They are just trying to control your brother through scarcity yet he can go buy drugs whenever he wants and he has to fucking make a choice himself to ween himself off. Some lady being a jew about pills doesn't help.. BONUS POINTS CAUSE SHE'S TAKING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY JUST TO **NOT** PRESCRIBE PILLS.

LOLOLOLOL stay cucked you fucking faggot.. make sure you pay your bills on time LOL

>> No.9883920

>>9883901
nah im self employed non cuck actually thank you very much

>>9883895
dont lie.. you like people having control over others dont you especially when it comes to pills

>> No.9883923

>>9883915
See:
>>9883901

Either go to /b/ or gtfo.

>> No.9883931

>>9883915
>damage control by pretending to be a retarded troll

Top zoz

>> No.9883940

>>9881395
The earth is flat, stationary and infinite. The heliocentric model is sun worship of the Greek God Helios.

>> No.9883955

>>9883732
>Moreover the fact that doctors don't disclose these risks to you boarders on unethical behavior.
The fact that people are too fucking retarded to read the print out when they get their prescription filled which the pharmacist specifically tells you to read is not the doctors fault.

>> No.9883956

>>9883931
>>9883923
this is your cuckist ego trying desperately to stay intact via artificial feeling of superiority

>> No.9883961

>>9883955
HOW ABOUT JUST FUCKING GOOGLING IT?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

>> No.9883963

>>9881395
Jews did WTC.

>> No.9883970

>>9883855
Youve met 12 psychiatrists out of the millions in the world and you think because all 12 fit an archetype it isnt a coincidence and therefore all psychiatrists are insane? Get off this board, stop voting, dont have kids.

>> No.9883984
File: 40 KB, 229x343, 1528748208116.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9883984

>>9883879
People wonder why the west is becoming a cultural shithole, people like this being allowed to exist and parrot their ravings is why.

>> No.9883988

>>9883961
Google what? The medication comes with literature clearly outlining everything the consumers needs to know including side effects. That people dont read it is not doctors being unethical, its people being retarded.

>> No.9884004

>>9883988
THAT LITERATURE IS WRITTEN BY THE BIASED PHARMA COMPANY AT THE BEHEST OF THE BIASED REGULATORY KEK AGENCIES

THERE IS INFINTIELY BETTER INFORMATION ON TEH FUCKING WEB

>> No.9884016

>>9883970
if you met 12 police that were dicks would you still think "police are mostly good people but some of them are bad apples?"

>>9883984
youre just butthurt cause im free and you aspire to be more of a slave in life and that pisses you off

>> No.9884036

>>9884016
Stop derailing the thread already. You are bad and should feel bad. Also might want to see a psychologist about that megalomania there friendo.

>> No.9884052

>>9884036
youre the one with the superiority complex

people are free to post whatever they want.. youre such a slave that youre afraiding of expressing yourself because ssomeone might (gasp) reply.. btw you just contributed to that more just now..

>> No.9884056

>>9884052
>btw you just contributed to that more just now..
No u

>> No.9884091

>>9884056
no u

>> No.9884160

>>9882079
Fact: the word "sudo" is actually spelled "pseudo".

>> No.9884171

>>9882820
Then..my son...you are the product of a recurring cuckchain and your father is the master alpha.

>> No.9884186

>>9881395
Entropy decreases just as often as it increases.

>> No.9884189
File: 41 KB, 400x480, wis_dump_stat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9884189

>>9881559
INT != WIS

Sadly, there's a lot of high intelligence people who stubbornly believe the stupidest shit, regardless of the evidence against it, and fortunately, stupid people, who are willing to believe things that are entirely beyond their comprehension, but nonetheless accurate.

>> No.9884196

>>9881688
>>9881681
Say I have two coins, magically linked, and when you flip one coin to heads, the other turns tails. However, you can't determine if either is heads or tails until you catch them. Until then, these magical coins are constantly spinning and the outcome unknown. You can't decide to pin the coin into a particular state, the result is always totally random and outside your ability to control. Further, you can never tell if either magic coin has been flipped, you can only read the random result and report it.

So I give you one, and you magically teleport to a galaxy far, far away, while I have the other.

So we decide, adjusting for relativity and the distance between us, that I'll catch my coin at a predetermined synchronized time, at which point you'll catch yours, and see the result.

But... As the result is random and you can't even confirm if or when I've flipped the coin, we've no way to communicate anything this way.

While it's entirely possible to violate the speed of light in a number of ephemeral ways, it's impossible to transmit information at faster than the speed of light (which is, really, just the speed of information propagation or causality) lest you start warping or bypassing the distance somehow. These magic coins, thus, do not violate this law, and this is the same fashion in which quantum entanglement respects it.

But you could send sealed messages all over the world, and just have everyone open theirs at UTC midnight. (Okay, still not a violation, assuming the sealed messages with the information arrive via UPS Air - but fun at geek parties.)

>> No.9884198

>>9884189
A thing isn't stupid unless you can explain why.

>> No.9884205

>>9882441
>>9882066
There's a world of difference between hybridizing and artificially selecting a plant with itself and other plants... And directly inserting insect or viral DNA into a plant.

Plus, any negative effects you have from artificial selection happen over an extended period of time, while with GMO's, they are there as soon as you introduce the result, which would never occur in nature, to the environment.

Not that we don't need GMO's to keep up with population growth (or even the current population, should it magically stagnate at these levels) - but this is an extremely disingenuous comparison.

The real threat of GMO lies not in the modified crops and animals livestock, but in the political power accumulated by the companies that make them, that in turn dismantle the regulations that mitigate the odds of disasters occuring from lack of comprehensive testing with their environments. (And having a huge corporation whose mission statement is "to control the world's food supply" isn't a real good thing either.)

>> No.9884206

>>9884198
Often, explaining doesn't help - it's a matter of what a person wants to believe. This potential for stubborn blindness remains entirely independent of IQ. (Though it also results in some of the most entertaining kook web pages on the net.)

>> No.9884415

>>9884004
if by infinitely better you mean identical, yes
>>9884016
>f you met 12 police that were dicks would you still think "police are mostly good people but some of them are bad apples?"
I would think "those 12 were dicks, I dont know anything about the other million. 12 is an insignificant part of 1 million and therefore I cannot make any meaningful extrapolations". You know, like every reasonable person does.
>youre just butthurt
I am butthurt you are ostensibly an adult who can vote with an infantile command of the english language, logic, and critical thinking skills.

You are an illiterate, engaging you further would be a waste of my time.

>> No.9884790

>>9884415
>you mean identical
nahh cause you could look through forums to see people's actual fucking experiences instead of "never exceed more than 2 tablets within 24hrs" BULLSHIT that you know was just printed by fucking LAWYERS

>> No.9884801

>>9884415
>I dont know anything about the other million

LIES... it's very fucking natural to make speculations about the larger population based on a limited sample size. It's literally what people do all the time. I NEVER SAID IT WAS PERFECT! But it's very safe to say most fucking psychs are full of fucking shit.. Are some of them ok?? But IVE LITERALLY NEVER MET ONE! The chances of there being some large group of nice psychiatrists is reasonably SMALL! AND I HAVE FUCKING MET MORE THA NA FUCKING DOZEN YOU FAGGOT FUCK BUT I FUCKING SAID "GOT TO KNOW PERSONALLY" THE OTHER FUCKING TENS OF PSYCHES I MET ALL SHOWED THE SAME FUCKING SIGNS AS THE DOZEN OR SOS THAT I GOT TO KNOW BETTER AND THAT LED ME OT BELIUEVE THEIR ALL FUCKING CRAZY AS SHIT AS WELL YOU FUCKTARD BOOTLICKING PIECE OF FDUCKING SHIT! FUCK YOU!

> infantile command of the english language, logic, and critical thinking skills

NAH THAT*S YOU YUOU FUICKING FAGGOT FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKER FUCK FAGGOT! YOU FUCKING THINK YOURE SO FUCKING COOL HUH??!?!?!? FUCKING PRETENSIOUIS FUCKING FAGGOT GO TO FUCKING REDDIT FUYCK YOU!

>> No.9884834

>>9884801
Take your fucking meds or I will shit up your asshole.

>> No.9884867

>>9884834
the style i wrote that in doesnt change the fact that i am right

most psychiatrists are fucking bullshit fucking power seeking crazy people projecting their own biases and problems on their patients..

ive literally got to know like 10 or something maybe a dozen and ive UNFORTUNATELY had the displeasure of meeting probably three times more than that over the years. THey all uniformly SUCK. It's a bullshit fucking field and that's why it attracts BULLSHIT FUCKING PEOPLE.

Btw it's not hard to get to know someone and what makes them tick and then be aware of the signs that other people have the same crazy lurking in them. All psychiatrists have RED FLAGS. The fact they are all forced to abduct homeless people in their residency and shock the ever loving shit out of them works as a filter to ensure only the most dedicated crazy fucks get to having their own practice.

>> No.9884877

>>9882079
>sudo-intellectual
Looks like you've spent a little too much time typing linux commands buddy

>> No.9884882

>>9884867
Everything you say is BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT. You had ONE, ONE bad psychiatricist that BONGLED YOUR DONGLE and now you think they all FECALIZE THEIR PATIENTS' STOMACHS. YOURE A BITCH BOT RAPE BABY FAGCOCK. GET OVER YOURSELF. IVE SEEN SO MANY CUNTS LIKE YOU GET FUCKED AND THEN DEMONIZE AUTHORITY LIKE THEY OPERATE ON BUTT STUFF. You are so fucking pathetic it makes me FUCKING PISS TO YOU IN RAGE. Go GET FUCKED BY MORE COPS YOU DIRTY ANARCHIST CUMSTAIN.

>> No.9884884

>>9884882
>>9884867
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIKNOWWHEREYOULIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9884917

>>9884882
i lol'ed

https://youtu.be/KNgyyd0Z2KA

>> No.9884919

>>9884882
>FUCKING PISS TO YOU IN RAGE

i fucking lost at that dude

>> No.9885202

That psychology is a science.

>> No.9885217
File: 1.96 MB, 2694x3000, 1529132521387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9885217

>>9881395
The Force Awakens was a terrible film, and The Last Jedi is even worse.

>> No.9885242

>>9881899
Reptiles are a paraphyletic class

>> No.9885246

>>9885217
Incredible, everything you just said is wrong. Also, everything in that pic is wrong too.

>> No.9885269

>>9883908
what

>> No.9885321

The fact that models can accurately describe and predict natural phenomena doesn't imply realism.

Everett's math is beautiful, but your metaphysical conclusions are literal trash.

>> No.9885326

You are not usually the best arbiter for knowing what is actually beneficial for you.

>> No.9885327

>>9881573
>>GMOs are safe
its like you havent seen jurassic park

>> No.9885328

>>9884801
Ladies and gentlemen, I present a stable self-medicating human who knows what's best for him.

>> No.9885350
File: 157 KB, 595x597, 1527738090744.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9885350

>>9885246

>> No.9885357
File: 56 KB, 1081x799, 1516935288483.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9885357

>>9881395

All religion is fake.

>> No.9885383

>We live in a matrix

>> No.9885898

>>9884790
Anecdotal records of peoples experience often of their own testimony is absolutely meaningless. Welcome to science, try it sometime.

>> No.9885900

>>9884867
>Fact
stop using words you dont understand

>> No.9885912
File: 18 KB, 620x581, uuuhhhhgghhfhll.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9885912

>>9881717
>taking the bait

>> No.9885994

We'll never find a "cure for cancer"
Population growth is not sustainable
Behavioural studies are not a science

>> No.9886014

>>9885898
>>9885328
ladies and gentleman i present to you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

>>9885898
>Anecdotal records of peoples experience often of their own testimony is absolutely meaningless

yeah what the fuck is circumstantial evidence then faggot? Ever heard "where there is smoke there is fire?"

I guess you think all the accounts of people meeting things that seem like deities or aliens should be tossed out as well and just because something is unfalsifiable it must be untrue right?

I GUESS YOU DONT THINK BILL COSBY WAS A RAPIST EITHER BECAUSE IT'S JUST WITNESS TESTIMONY AMIRITE??!?!

Anyway you don't have to fucking believe me 100 percent but it's IRRATIONAL to not at least assign a non-trivial probability that I am right.

OH BTW WE AREN'T FUCKING TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SCIENCE ANY FUCKING MORE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.. THIS CONVERSATION LEFT THAT REALM A LONG TIME AGO!

>>9885900
>stop using words you dont understand

just because there isn't a lot of evidence about something that doesn't make it untrue

but rest assured I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS MADE THIS OBSERVATION.. THEY ARE ALL OBJECTIVELY NUTS WHETHER I CAN PROVE IT OR NOT

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/is-it-just-me-or-are-psychiatrists-nuts.941417/

>> No.9886021

>>9881916
yeah but are niggers monkeys?

>> No.9886023

>>9881395
Knowledge is not intelligence. Intelligence is based on how well you apply the knowledge you have acquired.

>> No.9886026

>>9881899
>reasonable consumption of resources and remediation is the only real solution to climate change, there is no magic technological wand to fix bad habits

you really think the world would stop getting hotter if we stopped using carbon?

>> No.9886069

>>9884801
Found the retard schizo

>> No.9886110
File: 105 KB, 500x403, 1528220099989.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9886110

>>9886014
This is the kind of retardation you can only find on 4chan.
you need some pic related

>> No.9886115

>>9886014
I can fly and shoot lasers out my eyes
source: me

Where there is smoke there is fire right?
How do you even manage to breathe?

>> No.9886129

>>9886069
found the pretentious "muh consensus" gullible faggot

i bet you believe in global warming dont you?

>>9886110
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

>>9886115
yeah except NO ONE ELSE AGREES WITH YOU

PLENTY OF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME

THERE IS SOME CONSENSUS THERE YOU FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT COMMUNIST

OH YEAH AND MY "HYPOTHESIS" MAKES FUCKING LOGICAL FUCKING SENSE, AND THERE IS MORE EVIDENCE FOR IT THAN FOR EXAMPLE THE BIG BANG AMONG OTHER COSMOLOGICAL THEORIES.

AND GUESS WHO ARE THE ONES THAT OFTEN MAKE STUDIES ABOUT WHO IS CRAZY AND WHO IS ISNT?!?!? THE FUCKING BATSHIT FUCKING PSYCHS AND PSYCH ASSOCIATION!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

CONVENIENT ISNT IT?!?!+!?!?!?!?

LOOK WHAT MED STUDENTS AND JUNIOR RESIDENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THEM:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-crazy-are-psychiatrists.282340/

I BET IF YOU FUCKING ASSESSED HOW MANY FUCKING PSYCHIATRISTS WERE ON SSRIS YOU WOULD FIND IT'S MORE THAN THE NATIONAL AVERAGE R#EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

>> No.9886132
File: 41 KB, 569x428, 119wjdw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9886132

>>9881395
A high IQ doesn't mean much for an adult. It's a way to measure how well a little child will do in elementary school. If you have an IQ of 180 congratulations, you'd do extremely well in 5th grade.

There is no empirical evidence of God. That doesn't mean the universe wasn't created by some intelligent higher power. But it does mean that anyone claiming to have knowledge or truth concerning higher power or intelligent creator being is 100% bull shitting you (as in every religion).

There is no such thing as a lie detector. The polygraph test doesn't actually detect lies.

It's very likely life on other planets exists. It's likely that life more intelligent than human exist in our galaxy. If they do exist, they have little to no reason to ever visit Earth.

Climate change/Global warming is real and is man made.

Socioeconomically, abortion being legal is a good thing.

The US is slowly becoming an oligarchy.

Wisdom doesn't come from what you know, but from what you know that you don't know.

>> No.9886134

>>9886129
Trolls like you should be banned.

>> No.9886155

>>9886134
your opinion doesnt make me any less right

also >>>>>>>>>/reddit/

if you want a well manicured echo chamber then fucking go there faggot.. 4chan has always been about slogging through mountains of shit (like your posts) to find GOLD like this: >>9884882 or find unpopular opinions like mine that challenge the status quo.

I BET IT REALLY PISSES YOU OFF YOU CANT DOWN VOTE ME DOESNT IT YOU FUCKING EGOTISTICAL DOGMATIC FAGGOT?

>> No.9886158

>>9886134
Btw scientific consensus shouldn't be about silencing objections to it LOL.. people need the freedom to challenge consensus.. otherwise you get echo chambers.. literally the antithesis of 4chan.

lol go call some people climate deniers on reddit you fucking dogmatist

>> No.9886282

Yaoi is the purest form of love.

>> No.9886385

>>9882732
Literally read what was stated before shitposting

>> No.9886410
File: 47 KB, 499x376, 1532228779122.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9886410

>>9886132
popsci the post

>> No.9886530

>>9886132
>Socioeconomically, abortion being legal is a good thing.
What does this even mean? Not having children is cheaper than having children? Does this include the economic effects like the gender imbalance in China as a result of massive, selective-gendered abortions? Or the disintegration of the family unit?

>> No.9886685
File: 77 KB, 420x750, 1511726912625.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9886685

>>9882768
>>9882739
>I am a chad but also trans and can't do anything so might as well ban it

How's she make you feel bud?

>> No.9886707

>>9882010
Ben Carson is a great political thinker.

>”Being conservative makes you stupid.”

>> No.9886723

>>9881395
>What's a true fact that brainlets refuse to believe?
The races aren't equal and there's no reason in evolution theory we would expect them to be.

>> No.9886770

>>9886723
Even if you are willing to grant that race as a biological or genetic construct is a solid thing (which geneticists will flatly tell you is wrong), the confounding part is that there is a ton more at play in terms of 'evaluating' which races have which strengths and weaknesses.

No one serious is saying we expect everything to be the same - what pretty much everyone that's serious says is that biologically race is still really nebulously defined, often doesn't match what you'd intuit as 'race' to be, and doesn't show immistakable markers of traits with respect to other 'races.'

Those that get triggered by mentioning the possibility of differences are nuts, but the case for race is shakey - the science doesn't match the construct, especially in the way that people often mean to use those results. Combine that with the fact that "legitimate" science has an unfortunate history of being used in our past to marginalize groups and justify terrible acts, it's understandable why people are willing to just ignore it. That doesn't make it right, but it is understandable. And it doesn't help that we still portray things like population studies as being as scientific and iron-clad as results from the LHC.

>> No.9886810

>>9881395
Free will is an illusion

>> No.9886842

Yes, genius, "tradition" and "meaning" are just made up, but the fact that it's made up by people doesn't mean it's any less worthwhile or impactful.

>> No.9886954

>>9886155
I will fucking CUM down you ESOPHAGUS you dirty NIGSHITTER. Do you know HOW STUPID FUCKLETS like YOU are???? You are all the same. All you do is go "Oh, I don't like people in power" while you fucking EAT BLACK PEOPLE IN UNCLE TOMS MCMANSION like the filthy hippocrite you BOOT BEATER ANARCHISTS ARE. Your CUM SANDWHICH is what you eat when you fucking DUMOSTER DIVE with your fucking "MUH OWN BOSS" poo buddies. I WILL NAPALM YOUR ANARCHO HIPPIE COMMUNE TO THE GROUND WITH AC-130 TITTY CANNONS. GET FUCKED NORMO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.9886956

>>9886954
saved

>> No.9886957

>>9886954
this is art

>> No.9886972

>>9881395
1+1=1

>> No.9886973

>>9886954
This should be a sticky on /b/.

>> No.9886977
File: 14 KB, 263x192, 89834823948929034098234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9886977

>>9886972

>> No.9886981

>>9884186
I understand what this means, but what does it imply?

>> No.9886985

>>9886977
>√(2)=2
What did he mean by this?

>> No.9887000

>>9886985
That cannot be

>> No.9887029

>>9887000
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach–Tarski_paradox

>> No.9887731

>>9882424
tautologies

connies btfo

>> No.9887734

>>9882820
you idiot, it's cuckolds all the way down!

>> No.9888183

>>9886981
It means that on long enough time frames the universe will pass through heat death and become active again.

>> No.9888389

women are born to be property

>> No.9888407

>>9881395
>What's a true fact that brainlets refuse to believe?

That gayness is an ideology.

That Ideologies are biases.

>> No.9888441

>>9881395
Keto is useless for cutting.

>> No.9888446

>>9888407
Uh no a sexual orientation is not an “ideology”.

>> No.9888448

>>9884189
That´s actually wong, In D&D you get a -1 modifier to rolls when that stat is at 8 or 7.That is applies maybe in editons earlier than 3rd or in RPGs loosely inspired by D&D , such as Dungeon world which works on a different probability.

>> No.9888455

They think it be like it is.

But it don't.

>> No.9888540

>>9881400
fuck you he lives on in the hearts of all good americans

>> No.9888550

>>9881981
This.

>> No.9888630

>>9888389
>>9888407
>>9882739
>and so on

Guys you may be good at math and have '130+ IQ', but damn, how stupid narrow-minded and hopeless living entity you are, that's both funny and terrifying.

>> No.9889291

Races differ by cognition.
Women having rights is detrimental to a civilization in the long run.

>> No.9889310

>>9882823
>That's why LIGO was a big fuss, because it was detecting gravity, not electromagnetic signals.

wtf is wrong with you. Its a fucking long tunnel that has lasers in it, used for accurately measuring distance in the tunnel. It's not detecting gravity. It's detecting the effects of gravity. And even if you ARE detecting the effects of gravity, the noise alone makes a hard job of knowing what the fuck you just measured.

>> No.9889520

>>9881429
>not preferring the notation free spelling pakistanies

>> No.9889573

>>9883225
The land of the earth bulges at its equator and flattens at its poles. What is this due to? Gravity's "interaction" with motion? Earth's "interaction" with gravity?

Actually, neither if you let Loleinstein cuck you with THAT thought experiment, you know The One Where Everything Is Relative Because There's No Absolute Motion (TM).

>> No.9889594

>>9881395
/pol/ is never wrong
captcha is fucking gay

>> No.9889595

>>9881395
There is no positive outcome whatsoever from hitting your kids

>> No.9889773

>>9889291
>Women having rights is detrimental to a civilization in the long run.

Elaborate on this.

>> No.9889791

>>9889773
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~iversen/PDFfiles/LottKenny.pdf

>> No.9890086

>>9882493
You are confusing father and genitor

>> No.9890095

>>9889573
>What is this due to?
Centrifugal force caused by the earth's rotation.

>> No.9890114

>>9881395
Consciousness is just an illusion, a projection ,a fabrication of the brain. You have no direct sensory of the world, it is all filtered by a very flawed meat computer which is your brain.

Consciousness is no different than a hallucination. Anyone that has ever dreamt when they sleep already knows this. Your consciousness might reflect reality more than a dream or LSD trip does, but it's still the same TV program. It's still the same thing. You have never experienced anything real because your senses and brain are incapable of showing you anything real, just a hey, 99%+ facsimile. Brain is pretty good, but it's still just a projection. Close, but not actual reality!

>> No.9890578

>>9882683
you're describing dark energy, brainlet

>> No.9890687

>>9882010
>Actual intelligent people don't try to hamfist a complex and nuanced thing like human intelligence into neatly packaged, grossly over-simplified ideas that make them easier to digest.
If you were intelligent, you could in fact do that.

>> No.9890697

The vast majority of adult-child sexual acts have no measurable harm, and harm that is present can always be correlated to the use of force, coercion, deception, or outside societal pressure.

>> No.9890713

>>9882739
There are less transsexuals in the first world than in the third world

>> No.9890731

>>9890713
wouldn't that prove his point?

>> No.9890758

>>9890713
who's paying for all that surgery?

>> No.9890767

They have no free will and no soul.

>> No.9890782

global warming is anthropogenic and is only going to get much worse the longer nothing is done. Even if we stop emitting all fossil fuels right this second there will still be large ramifications to the climate and to our society. There is no magical solution to this issue either because of its complexity and the scale of the issue.

>> No.9890930

>>9890782
Nobody cares

>> No.9891166

>>9883524
this

>> No.9891189

>>9881688
you can only know what a quantum message contains by comparing the quantum data sent with the quantum data received. Otherwise it will be unintelligible, thus it is essential that another means of communication be utilized in order to come to a conclusion... inadvertently making the whole ordeal moot as a result.

>> No.9891192

>>9890782
The whole claim of climate change is wrought from the fallacy of correlation means causation. Chances are that 'global warming, climate change' or whatever other brand they're going by presently is caused by solar activity.

>> No.9891203

>>9891192
>correlation means causation.
Your entire argument is wrought from the misunderstanding of this statement.
"Correlation does not imply causation" is true. However this uses the mathematical definition which can be described as "necessarily follows from."
You can, however, infer causation given a sufficient amount of independent correlate sources.

>> No.9891213

>>9891203
Until the time comes in which we can persistently prove anthropomorphic climate change in the lab (if it's been done already, please let me know), it is a waste of time for people to claim that it is 'proven fact.'

>> No.9891219

If find that many people merge climate change with pollution. I don't know if climate change is man-made or not, but the vast damage we are doing to the enviroment is going to fuck us all. I rather focus on ways we can manage the latter, if climate change drops as a consequence, well that's good.

>> No.9891241

>>9891213
>it is a waste of time for people to claim that it is 'proven fact.'
Science isn't in the business of proving this true or not true
It's about relative predictive capability
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etsvL2r_qs

>> No.9891258

>>9891213
Your view of science is flat-out wrong. Thanks for playing.

>> No.9891269

>>9881401
>>9881407
>>9881645
>>9881647
>>9883577
These.

>> No.9891271

>>9883830
>>9883772
there's also the fact that you're applying classical conditioning to yourself when you fap to traps
Even if you're not fapping to the dick in the picture, over time you're going to start associating sexual arousal with the dick simply because it was there over the span of all those times that you fapped

>> No.9891277

>>9891271
This is accurate, however while you may find penis more attractive, this isn't the case for secondary sexual characteristics.
Which leads to the conclusion that sexuality may be more-so about secondary sexual characteristics than primary

>> No.9891366

>>9886810
's not tho

>> No.9891374
File: 120 KB, 800x1200, 346yt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9891374

>>9891271
>>9891277
you stare at cocks though with hetero porn

trap porn is basically just watching a girl give a handjob to herself.. and it's really good for stimfapping cause most likely youre not hard either and their hormone micro feminine penus is easier to relate to in that state of mind.

And ironically fake girls produce a "realer" sitaution espeically if the male actor has never been with a tranny before... like cause it's such a weird situation it makes the scene feel more "real."

pic related is 10/10.. highly recommend it

>> No.9891395

>>9891374
this is a psyop
cover your sensitive eyes anons

>> No.9891422

>>9891374
scene name/source?

>> No.9891691

>>9881410
R u trying to imply that aliens' existence is a true fact even though there hasn't been any evidence found yet?

>> No.9891701

FTL travel will never be achieved.

>> No.9891704

>>9883118
Insects eat fruit too

>> No.9891865

>>9882510
bullshit

>> No.9892241

Face the fact that space is a fluid of bodies.

>> No.9892282

>>9881429
>food analogy

>> No.9892336

>>9881395
Climate change is a natural phenomenon that has accured for millions of years and isn't caused by some natural gas which is CO2 that humans release

>> No.9892540

Read >>9885612 → before reading this.

Mass is amount of turnover.
Turnover: mass increases as a body moves faster.
Mass: turnover increases as a body moves faster.
Increased turnover better maintains the condition: state of a body.
Increased turnover is responsible for "time dilation".

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action