Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 453 KB, 374x567, Cattura.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
40309890 No.40309890 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So basically in the last session i was killed by a vampire blood drain so I'm going to rise as a vampire. Now the question is, both I and the master remember that a new vampire rises 1d4 days after the burial, but the monster manual only talks of this days about vampire spawn created by energy drain. Do we remember bad? Or there was a correction and we remember that? It appears strange that a vampire spawn from energy drain rises 1d4 days after and one from blood drain doesn't. If you find a rule different from the one in the monster manual please post source.

>> No.40309955

Create Spawn (Su)

A humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by a vampire’s energy drain rises as a vampire spawn 1d4 days after burial.

If the vampire instead drains the victim’s Constitution to 0 or lower, the victim returns as a spawn if it had 4 or less HD 𝐚nd 𝐚s 𝐚 v𝐚mpire if it h𝐚d 𝟓 or more HD. In either case, the new vampire or spawn is under the command of the vampire that created it and remains enslaved until its master’s destruction. At any given time a vampire may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than twice its own Hit Dice; any spawn it creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed vampires or vampire spawn. A vampire that is enslaved may create and enslave spawn of its own, so a master vampire can control a number of lesser vampires in this fashion. A vampire may voluntarily free an enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.

>> No.40310016

>>40309955
I have read that, so you're confirming that only vampire spawn from energy drain raise after 1d4 days? The ones from blood drain don't?

>> No.40310032

>>40310016

To emphasise where you missed it: If the v𝕒mpire inste𝕒d dr𝕒ins the victim’s Constitution to 𝟘 or lower. Vampires do not drain constitution using their energy drain ability, they do it with their blood drain ability. Energy drain drains levels, blood drain drains Constitution.

>> No.40310090

The second sentence of that ability does not alter the number of days, it only shows that blood drain can make a vampire instead of a vampire spawn. It is still 1d4 days.

>> No.40310125

>>40310090
Oh ok, it's just me or it is a bit misleading? Thank you, however.

>> No.40310143

>>40310125

It is just you. You may be retarded.

>> No.40310171

>>40310143
Uhm...at least i'm not an asshole. Phew.

>> No.40311610

>>40309890
So, do you have 4HD? (that is, 4 class levels if playing as a standard humanoid)

if not you might want to use savage species type template where basically you take "vampire levels" as you rise from spawn to full vampire. (in effect, for the purpose of HD calculations, vampire HD already counts as vampire levels.
So lets say you were a fighter 7 when you got turned. You are now a Fighter 7/Vampire 4 for a total of 11HD for anything that relates to HD (ex, susceptibility to enemy magic, calculating BAB, calculating XP gain from battle, etc)

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action