[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 85 KB, 1024x768, RESIDENT-EVIL-Movie-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2247525 No.2247525[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What the fuck were they thinking with this movie? Back in the day I was soo hyped for this... Worst fucking movie ever.

>> No.2247532

>>2247525
I..I..liked the first res movie...

Honestly tho it isn't THAT bad. Milla is hot as always and DAT laser hallway scene was tits. After MK I would say its the best video game movie made. Silent Hill is a close 3rd.

>> No.2247551

>>2247532
Honestly I think the Silent Hill movie is a masterpiece. I loved what Gans did before, but I loved him even more with SH. It's obvious he's a real fan of the original game and the series, and that, contrary to what some fanboys say, did everything he could to make a faithful interpretation.

Best VG movie by far.

I will never understand all the SH fans hating on the movie. it's the best, most faithful VG movie ever made, and they shit on it for wrong reasons. I think it's fanboy bandwagon, they repeat the same minsinformated arguments to go against the movie (like how Red Pyramid is supposdely not faithful to the game, while he actually is...)

RE is okay. It's not bad, but it's not really good either, and more importantly, it's not really RE. It's more Paul Anderson doing his zombie movie with a few elements borrowed from RE, elements which RE itself borrowed from old zombie movies anyway, and using the RE name to sale.

The funny thing about the RE movies is the end of the 3rd movie. At the very end of the 3rd movie, you see Mila enter an Umbrella lab, alone. Everything about that scene is SO like the Resident Evil games it's amazing, in a good way... and it's a big "fuck you" from Anderson, it's like he's trying to say "see ? I could have pulled off RE if I wanted to, and it would have been good, too. I just didn't care."

>> No.2247563

>>2247551
>Best VG movie by far.
The best VG movie of all time is the first Mortal Kombat film.

>> No.2247582

>>2247551
>did everything he could to make a faithful interpretation.
No he didn't, for three major reasons:
1. He replaced Alessa's tortured half of her soul with THE DEVIL;
2. The cult was replaced by Christian puritans who think the Apocalypse happened;
3. He put Pyramid Head in the movie.

Ignoring everything else wrong with the plot of the movie, because I think as a movie adaptation they sort of work, these three main points prove that he absolutely did not do everything he could to make a faithful interpretation.

To clarify, the first two changes are completely wrong. "The Devil" was never a part of the plot, in fact Alessa wasn't even an evil person. As for the religious group, they were a satanic cult, and the reason the town was the way it was had nothing to do with the Apocalypse or any other such prophecy.
Alessa was a psychic girl chosen to give birth to a demonic god, and during the impregnation ritual, stress caused her psychic powers to explode a boiler and this is how she was nearly burned to death. She also managed to split her soul in half, and that other half of the soul ended up being Cheryl. For 8 years, Alessa was in a coma, tortured in her sleep by the demonic fetus growing inside her, and her psychic powers ended up projecting whatever nightmares she was having, onto the town itself, without meaning to. In fact, she tried to stop the nightmare from spreading outside of the town by placing the Seal of Metatron all over town. She didn't even want revenge, she was more concerned with stopping the nightmare.

As for Pyramid Head, 'he' was a crucial element to the plot of SH2, and has no business appearing anywhere else. This monster was manifest from James's own desire for self-punishment; therefore it cannot exist without James.

>>2247551
>I will never understand all the SH fans hating on the movie.
Hopefully now you do, because if you don't, this also proves you didn't understand the plot of the original game, as I just explained to you.

>> No.2247584

>>2247582
As for Resident Evil, I, too, enjoyed the first movie and it worked out just fine as its own little concept. But every single movie afterwards took away any sort of potential for an engrossing movie series. Alice worked as the protagonist of the first movie, which was basically a precursor to the events to follow (like an alternate RE0-type backstory) and I loved the bit at the end foreshadowing Nemesis for the next movie, and I was curious to see how they would introduce the S.T.A.R.S. members are the true protagonists, obviously with Jill, Chris and Barry at the very least, perhaps even put in Wesker to tie in with the first movie's events.

Instead, they went completely side-tracked with Alice being some sort of über-superwoman and fucked every single original character from the games. Of every character they ruined, Jill was the most ruined. They turned her into a nasty bitch-type crazy bitch-ass bitch who also smokes. And then the power of love made Nemesis remember whose side he was supposed to be on.

Fuck the RE movies. But the first one was alright, acceptable, even.

>> No.2247601

I have RE1 and 2 in my collection, I find the one worth a watch, pretty decent while the second is a full of cool action and a dead-on Jill Valentine.

I also liked the opening of the 4th one and I almost went to see Retribution but then I found out the producer chopped 20 minutes out of the movie and it shows, shame 'cause action-wise it's one of the best in the movie series, next to Apocalypse.

>> No.2247602

>>2247601
Not even close. Not even the hair color is right.

>> No.2247631

The RE movies are so great. Its like they gave a bad fanfiction writer enough money to produce a big budget movie. The thing is practically "Sonichu: The Movie Franchise" except with a Resident Evil skin.

>> No.2247638

Doom had some good moments and could have been a great adaptation if only they had stuck to the original setting more closely. I don't know why studios always fuck around like that. Video game movies would be ok if the studios just kept them faithful to the games. But they don't.

>> No.2247654

Max Payne wasn't TOO bad.

>> No.2247657

>>2247582
Of course the story had to be different, he wasn't going to tell the exact same story. Otherwise it would be pointless to make a movie, you could just play the game, which is already very cinematic to begin with.

What I meant is faithful in tone, looks, atmosphere, etc

>As for Pyramid Head, 'he' was a crucial element to the plot of SH2, and has no business appearing anywhere else. This monster was manifest from James's own desire for self-punishment; therefore it cannot exist without James.

That's where every SH2 fanboy is wrong.
James goes into Silent Hill and interprets elements of Silent Hill according to his personality.
For instance, there are dogs and nurses enemies. James did not invent dogs and nurses, they were already in SH1, they are there because they are part of the SH lore, and James interprets them to his liking.

It's the same for Red Pyramids. Red Pyramid are shown as being God's executioner in SH2. From the painting, to the way they go on killing people, and to the way the last fight with them is and how they want to execute James' wife.
Notice how I used plurial is, there are at least 2 different Red Pyramids in SH2, which SH2 fanboys with their foolish theories tend to forget.
Now, whether or not James interprets one of the Red Pyramid as a personification of his sexual frustration (which is honestly very arguable), it doesn't matter. That's his vision, and that's cool, but that doesn't change how they are executioners.
Because James has his own visions of Silent Hill, which is very different than in SH1, doesn't mean the Silent Hill of SH1 and any other SH don't exist.

There is no proof that James invented Red Pyramids . The painting would even hint otherwise. Just like he didn't invent dogs, nurses, Silent Hill itself, etc

So,
>SH2 Red Pyramid : executioner
>movie PH : God's executioner
>Homecoming PH : God's executioner what a spoiler

>> No.2247662

The problem is that SH2 fanboys tend to put the game on a too high pedestal. Everything it did is supposedly godsend and everything after it or which takes inspiration from it is a disgrace to it.

The problem is that this is way too exaggerated. Those same fans would blame SH Homecoming for the reuse of dogs, nurses, PH, etc even though SH2 itself reused tons of things (especially enemies!) from SH1.

It's the same for the movie.

And as for how you blame the story of the movie for being different, it's the same logic. You put the original thing on a such a high pedestal that you wouldn't even consider a new different story in the same universe, as if that would somehow be a threat or an insult to your beloved game.

>> No.2247663

>>2247657
>it would be pointless to make a movie
Postal says otherwise.

>> No.2247664
File: 22 KB, 214x317, MV5BNDc3OTQ1OTkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzUzOTUxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I actually liked the Mario Bros movie, even when it first came out. I thought it was an interesting re-imagining of the setting and characters.

>> No.2247668

Are there any movies based after shitty games that turned out great and better than the actual game?

>> No.2247670

>>2247663
I honestly find no interest in 1:1 game movies. What works in a game usually doesn't work in a movie, there needs to be changes anyway.

>> No.2247671

>>2247657

If you actually read the in-game lore James is personally tied to the mythos of the executioner.

>> No.2247672

>>2247668
Mortal Kombat

>> No.2247680

>>2247668
The SiN movie is better than the game because it's over in an hour.

>> No.2247684

Videogame movies are usually based on a garbage bin script that is completely unrelated to the videogame itself, but it's shoehorned in.

See the Super Mario Bros movie.
It's obviously some distopian B-movie that got trashed and resurrected to cash in on the huge Super Mario fad of the early 90s.

>> No.2247706

>>2247657
>>2247582
For instance the producer of Silent Hill (movie) wanted cheap scares in the movie, because he thought horror movies should have cheap scares.
But Gans insisted there wouldn't be, because that's not how he thought Silent Hill horror should be.

Now notice how the 2nd SH movie had cheap scares.

Though I think a couple of cheap scares wouldn't have hurt, if done well. Silent Hill (game) had its share of cheap scares, too, like the cat in the locker.
That's also something fanboys tend to 'forget' as well, probably because they like to only remember the parts that make the game(s) (and by extension, their taste) look 'deeper' and more intelligent than it is.

>>2247671
Like?
Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was indeed something. You know, something showing James' interpretation of the SH lore and of Red Pyramid.

I mean look at the damn thing, it's a damn executioner, with the covered head and the weapon. Why would they choose that to represent sexual frustration, and sexual frustration alone. I don't see the link. Besides, James doesn't appear sexually frustrated in every story arch, and depending on the arch, Maria is there for that. Yet, Red Pyramid is there nonetheless. As an executioner.

>> No.2247712

>>2247684
There are a ton of articles with interviews from Bob Hoskins and John Leguizano about how shitty it was making the Super Mario Bros. movie (they would often get drunk together before doing scenes just to be able to put up with it and get through it). Bob Hoskins especially points out the issues coming from the directors (iirc) being a strange married couple who would completely rewrite entire scenes and portions of the script during filming, then present the actors the new material to adapt to on a near daily bases. It was a literal clusterfuck of a movie. And a cash-grab from the Nintendo popularity.

But I still love it as a guilty pleasure.

>> No.2247717

I still like the first RE movie. I've nevr played the games, though, so that might explain it.

>> No.2247721

>>2247525

RE was actually pretty alright considering how most VG adaptations are. It was entertaining on its own and was still connected to RE. Even the second one was pretty alright, but the second one was an enabler. The success of that one gave them the ability to start cranking out the garbage sequels to it.

>> No.2247723

>>2247684
Yup. They take a game with an already established lore then shit all over it.

It reminds me of how I heard they are going to remake Bloodsport but it will have nothing to do with frank dux or the tournament. I mean, what's the fucking point?

>> No.2247727

I didn't understand the Resident Evil movies at all until my girlfriend said she loved them and I asked her why. She finds the plot progression really interesting, and since she never played any resident evils before 4, she has no attachment to the characters, so the outright butchering of the lore doesn't affect her. I guess they just chose the route that would appeal to the masses, which doesn't include those that enjoyed the Resident Evil games apparently.

I mean, Capcom butchered the story themselves as the games progressed, but the movies just took it to an entirely different level.

>> No.2247728

>>2247584
At least Jill looked like her in-game incarnation. I heard the actress even studied RE3 for the role.

>> No.2247798

>>2247525
This was pretty cool. The rest of the series....is shit. That black dude who got fucking diamond sliced to hell was cool as crap.

>> No.2247807
File: 23 KB, 480x320, 4384489-nemesis-resident-evil-filme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Movie Nemesis was pretty cool.

>> No.2247864

>>2247807

looks derp

>> No.2248041

>marry RE director
>turn movies into your personal power fantasy

That flat chested bitch should die

>> No.2250183
File: 2.00 MB, 413x220, pstl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think Postal movie was great even though it was made by Uwe Boll

>> No.2250197

>>2247664
In my country Sega was way more popular than Nintendo (I only knew a couple guys who had Nintendo consoles, one a SNES, the other a N64), so my first real experience with Mario was that movie.

>> No.2250204

>>2250183
Oh man, is that the lil bro from Titus?

>> No.2250223

>>2250183
The only really wrong thing is the dude's appearance and personality. I don't think you're meant to like the dude. In the movie he's just a genuinely nice guy stuck in a crazy place. In the games he's just an asshole.

>> No.2250229

>>2250223
Movie Making 101 buddy, one of the hardest things is to have an unlikeable protag and still engage the viewer for the whole duration of the movie.

Uwe Bolle just took the easier route, as he does for everything.

>> No.2250242

I'm so glad they made these movies just so this scene could exist. It's like The Room or Troll 2 of action sequences, I was crying from laughing so hard when I first watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J58VPpPrmQU

>> No.2250259

>>2250242
I can't believe they actually referenced it in RE5.

>> No.2250271
File: 22 KB, 424x252, pepe-pls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250259
>can't believe they actually referenced it in RE5.

>> No.2250279

>>2250242
that's some Power Rangers-tier shit right there

>> No.2250287

>>2250242
Holy shit I recognized the sound at 2:52.

>> No.2250291

why the hell is resident evil being mentioned so much recently when before /vr/ seemed to had hated the entire series of games.

>> No.2250326
File: 34 KB, 640x343, 1394944997260.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250242

This... this looks like a parody, a film made by fans, a glorified fanfic!

what's the meaning of this!?

>> No.2250364
File: 7 KB, 194x259, chatterer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2247807
He looks like a bulked-up Chatterer from Hellraiser.

>> No.2250378

>>2247551
>Honestly I think the Silent Hill movie is a masterpiece.
I know taste is subjective and all but please, watch more movies....

>> No.2250383

>>2250326
That's essentially what the Resident Evil flicks are: Milla Jovovich's extended Resident Evil LARP.
It's one of the best examples of why fans should not be in charge of the franchises they love.

>> No.2250735

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

The highest Rotten Tomatoes score on the list is Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, with 44%

>> No.2250769

>>2247638
Doom was fine to me in that the original game had almost no story and was mostly about ripping and tearing huge guts, so having a goofy action romp in which the Rock drops a People's Elbow on a demon is the best you could really hope for.

>> No.2250818
File: 53 KB, 423x563, denton duck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250242
>You're gonna burn, alright

>> No.2250824

>>2250735
I remember seeing that movie few times and it made absolutely no sense to me. Probably because I have never played Final Fantasy.

>> No.2250834

>>2247638
It was pretty faithful to Doom 3. I fucking love Doom 3

That FPS scene was the best vidya movie moment. I hope the new Doom game will be that intense.

>> No.2250838

The first Resident Evil film works as a standalone, because if they straight up adapted the first game, it would've been cheesy as hell, and not that memorable. The film manages to feel like Resident Evil, despite being something new. All the sequels are horrible, though.

The first Silent Hill film is pretty good, though it's mostly monster fanservice. The ending kind of ruins it, but I still like the film overall. The second film actually made me hate that director more than anyone else. He managed to make something worse than Homecoming.

>> No.2250875
File: 89 KB, 512x483, ito_ph.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2247657
>>2247706
This is what the guy who designed Pyramid Head thinks about Pyramid Head.

There's a reason why the figure exists in all games, but only took form in 2. It's related to James. Even if it's "god's executioner" (which it isn't; God has nothing to do with SH2, and the games where the apocalypse is about to happen never once summon Pyraid Head), the movie doesn't even HAVE a God. At least Origins tried to not have a complete Pyramid Head clone.

>> No.2250886
File: 31 KB, 641x352, mortal-kombat-annihalatiion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2247525
I loved the Resident Evil movie. It was basically Mila Jovovich: The Movie, yeah, but the plot twists were cool, and it's not like the first RE game had a good story (it was pretty fucking stupid). I liked how they tied it with the games more in RE2, though. Overall the movie franchise is pretty fun once and IF you can get past the fact that it isn't exactly Resident Evil, it's all Resident Mila.

Silent Hill was good as a horror movie, but curiously enough plot-wise it was a complete reversal of pretty much every theme the game had.

>>2247563
>>2247672
>Mortal Kombat
Hell yes. Best adaptation hands down. The second movie wasn't that bad either.

>> No.2250915

>>2250886
I love Mortal Kombat, but the second one was hard to stomach.

>> No.2250919
File: 21 KB, 215x322, 215px-StreetFighterMoviePoster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pic-related was super fun and gets an unneeded amount of shit.

>> No.2250931

>>2250919
Yeah I don't get people and more specifically gamers hating on movies like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Mario Bros. They act like the movies are cheesy and therefore suck, but it's not like the stories of any of the games aren't cheesy excuses to have fun. All those adaptations were really fun and in that respect were very faithful to the spirit of the games.

>> No.2250941

>>2250886
>>2250915
I call bullshit on Annihilation not being that bad.

Last time I watched I noticed how character come out of nowhere for no aparent reason then disappear altogether and the plot is completely nonsensical.

Its worst sin though is that outside of Sub-Zero' and Scorpion's fight, everything else sucks ass thanks to inferior choreography and overdone editing. The final fight tries to summon the energy and excitement from MK1's final fight with that song but it falls flat.

Even the "film"makers knew it was so bad they just scrapped the original ending that was supposed to hint at the third MK movie. Franchise killer.

>> No.2250942

>>2250838
You may already know this, I can't quite tell by your post, but the second movie was a different director. It had a lot of changes in staff, actually. Maybe that's why it was absolute trash, though I remember not liking the first one much either. Saw Revelations for the first time just last night.

>> No.2250945

Just an FYI

The first RE movie works loosely somewhat as a prequel to RE1 as it shows what happens during the outbreak in the Umbrella labs.

All the sequels then just alternated between adapting the games or completely disregarding them.

>> No.2250949

Not /vr/
Thread reported

>> No.2250962

>>2250942
I definitely know it was Bassett and not Gans. He destroyed that film, adding his fanfiction shit and stupid monsters, and Facebook pop culture references. God damn. I hate him so much. That should've never been made.

>> No.2250963

>>2250941
Fun Fact! The guy who directed Mortal Kombat Annihilation is a famed DoP, and has directed 3 movies, all sequels: MK2, Butterfly Effect 2 and Annabelle. All of them were trash! Fairly talented DoP though.

>> No.2250975
File: 955 KB, 500x199, 57 - 1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250962
The worst part is that even though SH3 gets shit for being pretty much a Treasure-esque remake/sequel of SH1, the themes are pretty interesting. Whether worshipping an apocalyptic god is good or not, killing and torturing a couple people for the good of the entire world being acceptable, blind faith, paternal love. Not to mention the environments were among the scariest in the original four games with the visual suggestions of birth and gestation. Bassett shat on all of that and wasted an amazing cast on poptart scares, senseless monsters and Pokemon battles. I get that reconciling the plot of SH3 with the plot of the original movie wasn't easy, but ffs, that script sucked both as a SH3 adaptation and a SHmovie sequel.

>> No.2250979

>>2250963
That clown Leonetti also directed Anabelle?!

Man that guy's resume just keeps getting worse and worse...

>> No.2250980

>>2250962
The entire movie I was thinking 'I wonder just how aware these actors and actresses are that they're in one of the worst movies they'll ever be involved in.'
Once it got to the climax, you could see it on Sean Bean's face, for sure.

>> No.2250990
File: 31 KB, 640x360, MV5BMzcxNzU2NjA1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzAxMzg1OA@@__V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250980
They should have killed off Christopher as they did Harry. Bean was really phoning it in by the end of the film and I don't blame him. Also he's supposed to be the sequel hook lol.

What was painful to watch was Carrie Anne Moss as Claudia. SUCH a wasted actress and character. Games Claudia was an interesting and complex character, Moss got stuck with a generic baddie that turns into a cenobyte. She had this "I'm way too old for this shit" vibe going on. I don't blame her either.

>> No.2251017

>>2247532
Silent Hill was the best VG movie imo. RE1 was very good. Did anyone else read the original script that Romero had (for RE) before they decided to go with another director?

>> No.2251028
File: 34 KB, 425x349, 1266903053593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2251017

Never read it, but as far as i know, i think it is mostly based on the plot of Resident Evil 1

was it really that bad to the point to go with another director?

>> No.2251030

>>2251028
No, it was pretty good, very good from what I read. I don't understand why they went with someone else. It followed the 1st game perfectly. I don't recall there being a "Jill sandwich" comment in there.

>> No.2251050

>>2250886
I still can't comprehend why Mortal Kombat Annihilation was so bad. Even as a kid I was embarrassed to watch it. The acting, dialogue, special effects, choreography, EVERYTHING was terrible. Granted, my hopes were pretty high after the first Mortal Kombat but I don't think I've ever been more disappointed than I was by that movie.

>> No.2251054

>>2251030
> I don't understand why they went with someone else

Probably they wanted a movie to appeal the masses

let's be honest, videogame movies are not meant to please the fans of the game, the are meant to make money

an action movie with zombies starred by Milla Jovovich appeals a lot more people than the videogames themselves

>> No.2251057

>>2251030
>>2251030
There was a bunch of random rewrites out of nowhere, Barry was black and Wesker turned into the tyrant at the end. It was even worse than what we got by a LONG shot.

>> No.2251084

>>2247525
>Worst fucking movie ever.

The KOF community would like a word with you

>> No.2251086

>>2251057
Yes, but if that had happened, at least they probably would've stopped at that and we wouldn't have the abominations that are the RE movies after 2. Not that 2's good, but it has a couple decent scenes.

>> No.2251089

Not /vr/
Moddddds
Thread le reported

>> No.2251092
File: 7 KB, 480x360, mbison.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2250919
The Street Fighter movie would have been garbage but for Raul Julia's M. Bison. Guy knew the script was pants, that the other actors were rubbish, and redeemed the movie through ham alone.

>> No.2251105

>>2251057
>>2251086
In that other script guys...

Chris was a farmer.

I read most of it actually, I think I even saved it just out of morbid curiosity.

>> No.2251116 [DELETED] 
File: 8 KB, 263x230, 1266954399336.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2251057
>>2251086
>>2251105
> I think I even saved it just out of morbid curiosity.

I find it, post it!

>> No.2251119
File: 8 KB, 263x230, 1266954399336.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2251057
>>2251086
>>2251105
> I think I even saved it just out of morbid curiosity.

If you find it, post it!

>> No.2251128

>>2251092
To be fair, it's not often you get to play such a mustache twirling villain. Normally they go for sinister or relatable yet reprehensible. You don't usually get over the top egomaniac, and that's the type of shit actors love to do. Same thing with Frank Langella in Masters of the Universe.

>> No.2251191

>>2251028
>>2251030
>>2251054

My guess is that Romero was more expensive than the people they ended up paying.

>> No.2251195
File: 39 KB, 370x668, In response to mouthbreathers.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2251089

>> No.2251215

>>2250769

Doom had a sufficient and functional story. It took up about 2 pages of the manual or some such. It was, however, all in the manual. As such, it could be considered optional, which falls in line with what John Carmack said, the line about story in games and story in porn both being optional.

Doom 3 basically took the same story, changed a few details, added some fluff, and then crammed it all in-game. They could have basically just done Doom 3: The Movie and it would have been infinitely better despite it being a black screen for 90 minutes. :^)

>> No.2251236

>>2251028
>>2251030
You guys have to be kidding me, Romero's plot had TONS of differences from the game. Like, Jill and Chris are together, Barry's a nigger, etc. It's very obvious Romero didn't play the game.
I don't believe Romero's movie would have been an any better "RE movie". It would probably have been a better movie though.

>>2250875
Honestly this doesn't mean anything. "The designer of PH" is the one that made the visuals, right?
In other words, not the one who made the story.

It's funny also because the way he describes PH's role (his last post) has nothing to do with what the fans make of PH, yet you still use it somehow as an argument.

Here is what I'd make of it if I had to believe this guy's posts : PH2 = executioner in the world of SH. In James view, BECAUSE his entire world is seen through his interpretations, PH's executioner role is another version of him and makes him realize his guilt. Doesn't change how he's an executioner, both in SH2 and to begin with.

James interprets the world of SH's lore to his personality but he doesn't create a new lore. He didn't create the dogs and nurses either, but sees them differently than how they are in SH1.