Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 27 KB, 262x379, Fe1box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
6325702 No.6325702 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What's your thoughts on the original Fire Emblem? I'm on chapter 16 and I'm having a good time so far, other than time Marth got killed by a random crit twice on the same map. My favorite unit is Palla.

>> No.6325703

Not as good as JUST BREED imo.

>> No.6326697

Despite missing a few characters and chapters I prefer book 1 of Mystery over the original. It's much better than Gaiden though that is a low bar to set.

>> No.6326725

>>6325702
Honestly, if there was a hack that gave it the normal combat window/combat preview it'd be better than Shadow Dragon.

>> No.6327514

>>6326725
I'd be fine with having to calculate the hit rates and damage values on your own if you could actually see the stats of weapons without using a guide. At first I tried just figuring out the weapon stats on my own, but I lost my patience when it came to figuring out weapon weight and just used a guide from then on.

>> No.6328060

Overall uninteresting, even before considering the clunky and shitty interface stuff I prefer FE3 book 1 for a simple type of experience and prefer FE11 H5 for gimmicky challenge stuff.

>> No.6329264

I like the way weapons having limited uses requires you to set up a supply line to keep your frontline guys armed
Hadn't played anything that required that sort of supply-transport before

>> No.6329691

>>6329264
I just give a flyer that I'm not using a bunch of weapons and use them as a makeshift convoy. I definitely prefer how trading works in the later games, but I appreciate how this one forces me to come up with new strategies to keep my army supplied.

>> No.6329721

>>6325702
Is there even a good version of this game?
NES is meh, SNES is clunky, DS is ugly as sin...

>> No.6329768

>>6329721
The lack of UI takes some getting used to but the NES version plays pretty well, imo. It's not all that different from the later games, desu, and the map design is mostly solid. The only things I'm really missing are rescuing, canto, and the weapon triangle.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action