[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.60 MB, 650x1142, vr2020GamesList.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7241183 No.7241183 [Reply] [Original]

Alrighty /vr/ its that time for a 2020 review. What games did you play and love. What games did you play and hate. What game did you play expecting it to be good only to find that it is actually a fucking meme that it is any good.
My top games of the year are:
Evil Zone, Hammerin Harry, and Magical Chase
The worst (retro) games I played this year where
FF2 (Origins), 3D World Runner, and Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter

>> No.7241185

>>7241183
Also I have a lot of DS games on here because last year I bought myself a DS flashcart for christmas and it was worth every penny.

>> No.7241201

>>7241183
metal gear solid
resident evil 4
ulimate doom
final fantasy 6

>> No.7241281

>>7241183
I unfortunately didn't play much this year. From what I recall, I beat jurassic park (nes), crash team racing, and some smw hack

>> No.7241352

Game Boy/Color
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
GameCube
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Nintendo DS
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
PlayStation
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night JPN
Jumping Flash! JPN
Syphon Filter
Vanark
PlayStation 2
Ape Escape 2 JPN
Beyond Good & Evil
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Devil May Cry JPN
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Shadow of the Colossus JPN
Silent Hill 2
Soul Reaver 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Zone of the Enders JPN
PlayStation 3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots JPN
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Contra III: The Alien Wars JPN Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
Star Fox JPN
Super Castlevania IV JPN
Super Metroid JPN
Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Plus some more I didn’t add to the list. I started using Backloggery and the GameTrack app to record games I’ve beat.

>> No.7241420

>>7241185
You should play Bowser's Inside Story and a Scribblenauts game on your DS

>> No.7241512

>>7241183
I'm going to include non-retro:

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Half-Life
4. Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
5. Bucky O’Hare (NES)
6. LBX: Little Battlers Experience
7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
8. Shinobi (PS2)
9. Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
10. Elite Beat Agents
11. Pharaoh Rebirth+
12.Hybrid Heaven
13.The Banner Saga 2
14.Lollipop Chainsaw
15.Soul Blazer
16.Waking Mars
17.Muramasa: The Demon Blade
18. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
19. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth
20. Dino Crisis
21. Shantae: ½ Genie Hero
22. Anarchy Reigns
23. Beyond Oasis
24. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
25. Kirby Super Star
26. Batman: Arkham City
27. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
28. ZeroRanger
29. Celeste
30. Kameo and the Elements of Power
31. Fight’n Rage
32. Astal
33. Yoku’s Island Express
34. Jet Grind Radio
35. Alwa’s Awakening
36. Super Mario Sunshine
37. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
38. Her Story
39. Gato Roboto
40. Arx Fatalis
41. Nier Automata
42. Mega Man 7
43. Bloodborne

>> No.7241532
File: 121 KB, 767x1080, Alien_Syndrome_-_1987_-_Sega.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

These are my 1 credit clears:

>Alien Syndrome (arcade)
This is like Zombies Ate My Neighbors crossed with Alien and The Thing. I like the atmosphere.
>Captain Commando (arcade)
This is my favorite belt scroller. I beat it with Mummy, who seems to be the easiest.
>Contra (arcade)
I think this is harder than the NES one, but not by all that much.
>Double Dragon (arcade)
I just elbowed everybody desu it's not exactly impressive
>Double Dragon 2 (NES)
Knee, spin kick, etc. Then die to spikes mostly. I don't even get what you're supposed to do on the final boss but hey I made it.
>Fantasy Zone (SEGA System)
I think this took maybe two tries? I used autofire. I've 1cc'd the arcade version before, but I played this to see the alternate bosses that appear in the Sega Ages version of the original.
>Fantasy Zone 2 (SEGA System)
3DS version, so the warps are labeled and stuff. Only way to play if you ask me. Also very easy.
>Fantasy Zone 2 W (arcade, kinda)
3DS version. I got all the endings. This is a really good game. It's not so hard, but not nearly as easy as the SMS games.
>Golden Axe (arcade)
With Tyris.
>Metal Slug (arcade)
Was high as shit at the time, ngl, kind of a freak accident since I wasn't even "going for a 1cc"
>Ninja Saviors (Switch)
On Hard with Ninja and Kunoichi. Not finished: I must win with all characters.
>Operation C (Gameboy).
This is as good as the NES Contras. I want to go back and do two loops.
>Phantasy Zone (SEGA System)
ngl I didn't 1cc this, also I played the Sega Ages one with automap and fast forward. I mapped most of this game before though playing on real hardware, idgaf.
>Rolling Thunder (arcade)
I had a really hard time with this to be desu, it was satisfying to finally gun down that rat bastard final boss.
>Super Hang-on (arcade)
Easy track only, whatever, imma count it. Easy track is easier than Outrun, probably not the others.

>> No.7241548
File: 1014 KB, 1024x1024, 9C89EB91-79C8-46BD-A732-E0C3F6BBD9EF.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Vectorman.

>> No.7241604

1. Batman Returns (SNES)
2. Pop N Twinbee (SNES)
3. Arkanoid Doh it again (SNES)
4. Aladdin (SNES)
5. Super Mario World (SNES)

>> No.7241727
File: 661 KB, 900x675, ギガドラ前フリ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Excluding PS4/XB1 gen and on

Seireisenshi Spriggan
Gigantic Drive (non-shit Japanese version of RAD)
Ace Combat Zero
Aoi Umi no Tristia
Ace Combat X
Ace Combat 6
Idolmaster
Armoured Core For Answer
Ys VI
Fate/Tiger Colloseum
SRWZ3

Best game was Gigantic Drive, worst was Fate/Tiger Colloseum.

>> No.7241739

Good stuff:
>Live A Live.
Probably my favorite JRPG. Could use a remaster.
>Final Fight 2 and 3 1CC.
Not that hard but I did it. I'd have liked to see these on the arcade.
>Fallout 1.
Gonna get shit on but I didn't find it all that great. Barely any actual roleplaying and it's short as shit. I'm not saying it's bad. Just not that great.
>Okami.
Might be the best game I played this year.
>Crude Buster
There's something about this game that just fascinates me. Being able to grab and throw everything is fun as well.

On the shit side:
>Diva Starz : Mall Mania.
Don't ask.
>Spawn : Armageddon.
Shitty Devil May Cry clone. It bothers me that the AVGN episode barely covered it. Intro makes it look cooler than it is. All the cutscenes are lower in quality until the end. Gameplay stays pretty much the same the whole time. Stat upgrades is all you get. Also fuck Angel Station. Also I played Van Helsing which did the same things but better.
>Arabian Magic.
Not bad per se. The gameplay is fine. It just feels uninspired.
>Taboo : The Sixth Sense.
Probably would be cheaper and less annoying to buy an actual tarot deck.

>> No.7241757
File: 70 KB, 800x450, MGS3-Naked-Snake-Virtuous-Mission.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
This year was my big dive into retro stuff so it's all pretty basic
The Good:
>Silent Hill 1-4
The only one I didn't really enjoy was 3, the rest are great
>MGS1-3
I get the hype now. 2>3>1 personally, but 3 is only a few minor changes away from being the best.
>Katamari Damacy
Really fun. Just a great experience, can't believe I waited this long to play it. The praise is deserved.
>Ico
Great game and I have nothing new to say about it.
>Deus Ex
Was blown away by the level of choice in this game. Hong Kong was amazing, and I wish more games were willing to let you mod yourself to be this OP.
>God Hand
Might be my new favourite game, I just keep replaying it. Everything about it is designed for maximum fun. I wish I was playing right now.

The Bad:
>Drakengard
Couldn't even beat it. For a game that everyone praises for the story over the gameplay you'd expect the story to be good, or at least interesting. It's just standard fantasy but EDGY.

The Ugly (non-retro):
>Demon's Souls
Great atmosphere, great music, great gameplay, just great everything. I love DaS1 but this is a close second.
>Bloodborne
Not as great as everyone says. Fun, but gets very samey after awhile. Combat isn't deep enough for the emphasis that's placed on it.
>Rain World
Just amazing. This game wants you to know that you are not the predator, but the prey. Learning to adapt to each environment is an engrossing experience, and outsmarting your enemies is more rewarding than in any other game I've ever played (because they're actually smart). Anyone who likes games that are abour forcing you into a new mindset needs to play it.

End blog.

>> No.7241991

>Max Payne trilogy
All of them are pretty good. 3's story was terrible but the gunplay is so fucking good that I think its at least better than 2. 1 is the best.
>Alan Wake
One of my favorite story driven games now. Replayed it immediately after finishing it I will probably replay once every year or so.
>Dead Rising
I think it might be in my top 10. I know its a popular series but I really think DR1 is a masterpiece and it doesn't get enough credit for just how well designed it is.
>Streets of Rage trilogy
Currently playing through 4 and really liking it. SoR2 is among my favorites of all time. It just feels so good to play through and everything clicks. I like 1 and 3 but 1 is too basic and 3 just doesn't feel right pacing wise.
>System Shock 2
Atmosphere is godly but the mechanics are pretty jank and don't feel like they had much thought put into them. Its kind of cool being able to upgrade yourself to run at sanic speed but you could just that normally in SS1. SS2 feels like a gigantic leap forward in terms of graphics and immersion but a step back in terms of mechanics from SS1. I still like it a good deal more than SS1 though even though its flawed.
>Rain World
My favorite game of all time easily. Everyone should at least try it.
>Dead Space
Its pretty good. I cant help but compare it to RE4 as I play it and in most ways mechanically Dead Space is less interesting. I started replaying it on the highest difficulty with a fresh save and it didn't feel that much difficult from hard for me. I lost interest halfway through. The visuals are really fucking great and hold up incredibly well. I really love how the game looks. The ui is actually genius.
>Far Cry 1
Incredibly underrated shooter. I think its better than all of the other big 2004 shooters like Half Life 2. Its one of the most challenging first person shooters I've ever played but the game usually felt fair. Its like a mix between a tactical shooter and an immersive sim. Its really great stuff imo.

>> No.7241996

>>7241183
Show this to every woman you come into contact with and prepare to drown in an endless ocean of pussy.

>> No.7242006

>>7241183
I played/beat a LOT of games this year, more then any other year in my life, for obvious reasons. So i won't list them, but the two im proud of finally beating were Battletoads and the original Super Mario Bros 2 on the Famicom Disk System. Those were tough.

>> No.7242052 [DELETED] 

>>7241183
Banjo Kazooie 6/10
Castlevania 1 8/10
Contra Hard Corps (JP) 9/10
Contra 3 The Alien Wars 9/10
Resident Evil REmake 5/10
DoDonPachi (clear loop 1 and got to 2-5) 10/10
Batsugun Special (1-ALL) 8/10
Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom 8/10
Touhou Imperishable Night 7/10
Hollow Knight 9/10
Treasure Knight 3/10
Kid Dracula 7/10
Yume Penguin Monogatari 6/10
Alien Soldier 9/10
Bangai-O Spirits 8/10
Ghostbusters (Sega) 5/10

>> No.7242289

>>7241532
Based 1CC & SEGA System poster

>> No.7242721

>>7241757
man why every game is /v/ core

>> No.7242727

>>7241183
> popular games I didn't enjoy are a meme
>here's a nice pic of my ravaged, chewed on thumbnail
This board man...

>> No.7242754

>>7242721
Start of the post
>This year was my big dive into retro stuff so it's all pretty basic
Give me some other good retro games to play

>> No.7242882

>>7242727
the fact that it looks like it was posted from an insane asylum is very soulful and makes me feel there is hope for this subreddit yet

>>7242754
anything from generation 1-5 including licensed Atari 2600 shovelware

>> No.7242932

>>7242882
I can kinda see that. The obsessiveness of going over every letter half a dozen times fits with the bloody fucked up fingers in an odd way.

>> No.7242935

Megaman 1-8 and MM&B
Megaman X1-6
Megaman Zero 1-4
Megaman ZX and Advent
Megaman battle network 1,2 and 4
Megaman wilys revenge
Breath of fire 2
Pokemon leaf green
Pokemon puzzle challenge
Puyo pop
Sonic advance 3
Wario Ware Twisted
Advance wars dual strike
Um jammer lammy
Parappa the rapper

>> No.7243165

>>7241183
Too many to post here, but i say that i play all Valis, Monster World/Adventure Island and Farland Story Saga. Others that are remarcable: Popful Mail, Phantasy Star (actually playing the 2nd game) and Mother and Mother Zero

>> No.7243190

>>7242754
play clock tower and kings field

>> No.7243193
File: 80 KB, 540x507, 1429027669937.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ninja Gaiden - Finally! I gave this one a serious go 5 years ago but got filtered by 6-2. Picked it up again this year and beat it. 10/10 game.
-
Megaman classic series - Never actually beat these. Great games. Found 2 the most frustrating and least fun, despite its reputation.
-
DKC 3 - Hated kiddy so I never gave it a fair shot. Worst of the trilogy but still better than 95% of 2d platformers. Good game, good soundtrack.
-
Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana - Known about it forever, but never bothered playing it. Absolutely fantastic graphics and great music too, but the gameplay is pretty bad. Would have worked much better as a turn based game.
-
Twinkle Tale (easy) - fun game, not sure I want to try for normal or hard though.
-
Sunset Riders - Missed this one despite being a fan of Konami's games. Really awesome game and the arcade original is actually balanced for an average player instead of being bullshit.
-
I also replayed a bunch of retro games, some for the first time in years, but these are the ones I beat for the first time.

>> No.7243218
File: 20 KB, 220x215, 220px-Chocobo's_Dungeon_2_boxart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
Pretty embarassed to say that I only beat Resident Evil 1 and Chocobo's Dungeon 2. Both were great thankfully. For 2021 I'm going to drop AAA modern shit and visit some older titles. Here are some games I started and did not finish.
>Oracle of Seasons
In Unicorn Cave at the moment, love the game and will probably finish this one today or tomorrow.
>Resident Evil 2
Was kinda burned out on the formula after beating Resident Evil 1. I played an hour or so but got frustrated by the hordes of zombies acting as roadblocks. It will probably be obvious where I'm supposed to go when I pick it up next.
>Sekiro
Demon of Hatred filtered me. He's optional but I couldn't bear going finishing it without beating him. One day.
>Death Stranding
Got sick of it after getting to the first Cliff encounter. Not fun anymore.
>MGSV
I got to the extreme Sahelanthropous fight and was so disgusted I had to fight it again I never even attempted it. Lost a lot of respect for Kojima here.
>Red Dead 2
shooting gallery after shooting gallery. talk talk talk. been there, done that.
>Castlevania (NES)
I hoped to beat this one before the new year. Currently at the stage after Frankenstein and it's whooping my ass. This game deserves all the praise it gets though. Killer soundtrack too.

>> No.7243229

>>7241512
What did you think of Dino Crisis?

>> No.7243231
File: 20 KB, 480x360, FgAm0aTkFzJ87wWEdbKyUZ7M-rgxGGL5wdo3It2I7EE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
>Evil Zone
THE ULTIMATE HERO
DANZAIVER

>> No.7243239

>>7243193
Meant to say never beat the megaman games before. I obviously beat them now. Also beat Megaman X4 which I hadn't played either.

>> No.7243250

>>7242754
>NES
Castlevania 1, 3
Mario 1-3
Little Nemo
Faxanadu
TMNT 3
Double Dragon
Megaman 2
Life Force
Adventure Island 3
Tiny Toon Adventures
>ps1
Resident Evil 1-3
Bushido blade
Tenchu
Destruction Derby Raw
Blasto
Pitfall 3d
Bloody Roar 2
Midevil
Jurassic Park the lost world

>> No.7243252
File: 35 KB, 511x240, dolphin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
I've barely played any games this year...
The ones I've beaten are uhh..
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Xeno Crisis
Diablo 2

>> No.7243364

>>7243229
I liked it - I enjoyed the puzzles and atmosphere and that it didn't take itself to seriously.

I've only recently playing through Survival Horror stuff and I'd say it's definitely worth a playthrough - especially considering how short it is.

>> No.7243450

>>7241183
>Zelda II: Links Aventure

>> No.7243892

>>7241183
Didn't play through much this year.

I 100%'ed Super Mario 64 for the first time, and also beat Dizzy the Adventurer (NES), Cadash (Genesis), and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (GB). Along with a few not retro titles. I also started Blood a few days ago and finished the first two episodes.

>> No.7243901

>>7241183
I finally got a 1CC on Vendetta and The Punisher.

>> No.7243906

>>7241991
Have you tried Bare Knuckle III? Most would argue that the Japanese version is better than Streets of Rage 3 for a number of reasons.

>> No.7244005

>>7243906
No idea that there were differences between regions for that game. Sounds like I'll have to check it out. I'm glad the nip version is apparently easier because SoR3 was stupid sometimes.

>> No.7244337

>>7244005
there is more gayness in BK3 if you like the gays

>> No.7245890

>>7244337
gayness in what capacity

>> No.7245898

Games I've beaten this year? Well, Blaster Master was one. I liked it! It was good.

Also FF1 solo redmage run was a lot of fun.

>> No.7245902

>>7241183
None.
I like the idea of "retro gaming" more than the actual experience.

>> No.7246770

>>7241183
Someone needs a manicure

>> No.7246840
File: 19 KB, 136x184, tumblr_lr9a1kAYdC1r2xmg4o1_1280.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7245890
In terms of this guy. He's a mini-boss in the Japanese version (and an unlockable character), but he was cut entirely from SOR3.

>> No.7247148

Resident Evil 7
RE Code Veronica
RE2make
RE3make
RE4
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1-3
Bloodborne
FF7Remake
Doom 2016
God of War 2018

Got a PS4 in February, didnt have a last-gen system before that. I got Witcher 3, DMC5, and Doom Eternal also, but gave up on them shortly into them. I gave up on Sekiro also, but started it again recently and am now on Demon of Hatred/Ishiin and like it a lot more after taking a break from it and coming back.

>> No.7247163

>>7243250
>Little Nemo
I finally watched the cartoon the other day. It kinda sucks, but now I understand what that scepter is.

Those are quality NES games you listed though.

>>7245902
>I like the idea of "retro gaming" more than the actual experience.
Could be trolling but I feel like we get a lot of this. You should play some retro games! Even just one, sit down and spend some time with it!

>>7247148
Play 2D

>> No.7247925

>>7241183
thought that was a dik at first glance

>> No.7248072

What games have you beaten in 2021? First new game defeated of the year is Megaman X2, for me. Never got into the game before, and after beating it, I don't think I'll replay it, but it was alright.

>> No.7249608

>>7241183
Mortal Kombat (SNES, Arcade, Game Boy, Sega Genesis)
Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage (SNES)
Mortal Kombat II (SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, Arcade, Sega Master System)
Street Fighter II (SNES, Game Boy)
Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures (SNES)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade, Game Boy)
Goof Troop (SNES) (Co-Op)
Chester Cheetah - Too Cool To Fool (SNES)
Nemesis (Game Boy)
Street Fighter II - Turbo (SNES)
Mortal Kombat 4 (Game Boy Color, PlayStation)
Earthworm Jim (SNES)
Aladdin (SNES)
Final Fight 2 (SNES) (Co-Op)
South Park (PlayStation)
Super Street Fighter II (SNES)
Tetris & Dr. Mario (SNES)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (PlayStation 2)
Captain Commando (Arcade) (Co-Op)
Pokémon Silver (Game Boy Color)
Pokémon Platinum (Nintendo DS)
Tetris (NES, Game Boy)
Pokémon Red (Game Boy)
Barbie - Game Girl (Game Boy)
Donkey Kong Land (Game Boy)
Tiny Toon Adventures - Babs' Big Break (Game Boy)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
Parappa The Rapper 2 (PlayStation 2)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade)
Streets of Rage 4 (Nintendo Switch) (Co-Op)
Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo Switch) (Co-Op)
Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis)
Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy)
Pilotwings (SNES)
Wild Guns (SNES) (Co-Op)
The Ninja Warriors (SNES)
Märchen Adventure Cotton 100% (SFC)
Barbie Super Model (SNES)
Arkanoid Doh It Again (SNES)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (SNES)
Kirby Dream Land 2 (Game Boy) (100%)
Final Fight 3 (SNES)
Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics (SNES)
Helltaker (PC)
The Little Mermaid (Game Boy)
Uniracers (SNES)
Animaniacs (SNES)
Space Megaforce (SNES)
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage (SNES)
Tom and Jerry (SNES)
The Ultimate Doom (PC)
Ninja Gaiden (NES)
Animaniacs (Game Boy)
Contra The Alien Wars (Game Boy)
Parodius Da! (SNES)
Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly (Game Boy)
Gradius (NES)
Digimon Battle Spirit 2 (Game Boy Advance)´
New Adventure Island (TurboGrafx-16)
Soldier Blade (TurboGrafx-16)

>> No.7251759

>>7246840
haado gei

>> No.7251965
File: 218 KB, 280x342, zombies_ate_my_neighbors.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
i made it to the final boss of SNES ZAMN and ran out of items. getting closer. this might finally be the year...

>> No.7252027

Just realized that it was an extremely non-retro year for me. I have a list of 40-something games I beat, but the only /vr/ material is some megamans I replayed.

>> No.7252210
File: 36 KB, 343x503, 1465989615497.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7249608
Why did you play multiple Barbie games? Lost two bets in a row or what?

>> No.7252256

>>7251965
damn

that's a brutal game, I'm sorry for your loss

>> No.7254049

i had to work more in 2020 than any other year prior. too many nights and weekends wasted on fucking work. i hope 2021 is better. Here's my retro list:
Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Castlevania (NES)
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (SMS)
Mercenaries (Xbox)
The Hobbit (Xbox)

Honestly, the most enjoyable were the hobbit and mercenaries. Two really forgotten games that hold up well. I was trying to start a full castlevania series playthrough but i got stuck on III and it's kicking my ass. I did bang out a 100% run of ocarina of time in December for the first time ever after beating it like a dozen times so that was nice.

>> No.7254064

>>7241183
Huh. I've never kept a checklist. Looks like it'd take the fun out of playing video games in a similar manner to "backlogs" and just turn everything into a chore.

>> No.7254076

>>7248072
Wow, I've been playing X2 lately as well. I honestly really don't like it much, but I wanted to play X1-6 in order. No idea if I'll beat it, though. I'm on the X hunter stages and skipped the Zero parts.

>> No.7254165

>>7252210
I have a thing for awful /vr/ licensed games

>> No.7254237

Nightmare Creatures (PS1)
Dino Crisis (PS1)
Dead Space (PS3)
Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake, Pt. I (PS4)
Dead Space 2 (PS3)
The Last of Us, Pt. II (PS4)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox Original)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS1)
Tomba (PS1)

>> No.7254259

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel - PS2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64
Friday the 13th - NES
Kid Icarus - NES
Blaster Master - NES
Total Overdose - PS2
Super Adventure Island - SNES
F-Zero - SNES
Tomb Raider Revelations - Dreamcast
Wario Land 2 - Gameboy Color
Wario Land 3 - Gameboy Color
Doom 64 - N64
Ion Fury - PC
TimeGal - Sega-CD
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest -SNES
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - SNES
Darkstalkers 3 - PS1
Flashback - SNES
Soul Calibur - Dreamcast
Soul Calibur 2 - Gamecube
Crash Bash - PS1
Secret of Evermore - SNES
>fighting games either unlocked all the characters or finished everyones arcade

>> No.7255973

Pretty much spent the whole year studying 日本語 instead of gaming. What little retro I did manage was:

Doom 64 (PS4) Great
Xanadu (SAT) Masterpiece

>> No.7257659
File: 40 KB, 256x365, ShadowHearts.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7241183
Suikoden IV
Shadow Hearts
Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
Steambot Chronicles
Run Saber
Brain Lord
Ninja Warriors
Super Metroid
Illusion of Gaia
Dynamite Cop
Grandia II
Mega Man Legends II
Gunstar Super Heroes
Virtual On Orotario Tangram
Thunder Force III
Metal Storm

>> No.7257748

>>7241183
Blasphemous: really cool game.
Castlevania: Bloodlines: it was okay, not great.
Castlevania: Dracula X: unnecessary and unwanted, made me question why I like these "classic" Japanese-made games more than the crap games I played as a kid.
Dark Souls: addicting, but I prefer 2d metroidvanias.
FFV: I still like it but wow this game gets old quick. Job system is front-loaded.
FFVIII: Finally finished it after 15 years of quitting. Great story, but not a great game.
FFXI: Ended/gave-up/abandoned my 1 year playthrough. Not worth it but it was an experience.
Nier: Automata: tears were shed.

On hiatus:
Bloodborne, Breath of Fire II, Drakengard 3, FFVI, Mega Man Legends, MegaTen, MegaTen 2, Myst, Phantasy Star II, Resident Evil 2, Sentimental Graffiti, SMT: Devil Survivor, Undertale, Xenogears, Zelda: BotW

Currently playing: FFT